I ordered renewal U.S. passports for my children. The new passports arrived and look fine but two of the kids had one copy of their photograph returned. (The duplicate photo is mounted in the passport as usual.) I called my local passport office and they said what happened to me was weird and they had never heard of it happening before. But they said not to worry..... Has anyone ever heard of the government returning one of the two photos that are required to get a passport? I don't mean rejecting the photo. I mean using it but returning one copy. I'm concerned that the affected passports might not be fully valid and we'll arrive at our destination and be turned back.
U.S. passports: why would the second photo be returned to me?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 30th Birthday road trip ideas
- 2 ideas for summer travel that don't need to be planned way in advance
- 3 Europe Trip Itinerary Check
- 4 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 5 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 6 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 7 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 8 Delices & Gourmandises
- 9 Prepaid debit cards in Brazil
- 10 Packing Help - What to take
- 11 Amsterdam to Normandy
- 12 Places to travel in June or July
- 13 Visa expiration and re entry
- 14 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 15 Rovia booking engine
- 16 Jacket with pockets
- 17 2 Week Trip for Newleywed's - Adventure and Beach
- 18 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 19 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 20 Dual time zone watches
- 21 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 22 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 23 Website for good hotel rates?
- 24 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 25 What color nail polish in France