I ordered renewal U.S. passports for my children. The new passports arrived and look fine but two of the kids had one copy of their photograph returned. (The duplicate photo is mounted in the passport as usual.) I called my local passport office and they said what happened to me was weird and they had never heard of it happening before. But they said not to worry..... Has anyone ever heard of the government returning one of the two photos that are required to get a passport? I don't mean rejecting the photo. I mean using it but returning one copy. I'm concerned that the affected passports might not be fully valid and we'll arrive at our destination and be turned back.
U.S. passports: why would the second photo be returned to me?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 two months away and mold problems.
- 2 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 3 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 4 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 5 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 6 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 7 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 8 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 9 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!
- 10 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 11 10-14 days BKK, Udon Thani & Beach with kids
- 12 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 13 Winter Roadside Emergency Kit
- 14 Phone service
- 15 Does anyone have the Sparrow bag I read about in Sunday's LA Times?
- 16 10 Days of travel help!
- 17 Travel Agency Review for Trip to Spain
- 18 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 19 French gastronomy
- 20 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 21 Re-checking bag after a layover.
- 22 Best places to start...
- 23 25th wedding anniv travel
- 24 Where in the World Should We Go?
- 25 Friends Seeking Advice