Looking recently at the Villa Sampaguita video brought back lots of lovely memories of my stay there in 2006. When my New Zealand friends go to the well worn paths in Italy, my first thoughts are, why not go somewhere a bit different. Asti is so central to Turin, Genoa, Cinque Terre, Florence and Milan and I did all those by train. Now that my grandson is almost at school, I am planning to return to Villa Sampaguita and the lovely hosts, Tim and Rina, so I can try some more of the wonderful Piedmont cuisine and the wines.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 finding last minute packages
- 2 Trip to Paris
- 3 Where to travel?
- 4 Hostel suggestions
- 5 trip ideas in May...
- 6 Travel Resolutions: Do You Have Any For 2015?
- 7 Honeymoon on a budget leaving Perth, Australia
- 8 Beach trip...florida or caribbean island in mid march
- 9 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 10 Ideas for mid winter solo trip someplace warm or cold, but fun!!
- 11 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 12 Package to Paris, Flight Not Included. 2 Travel Insurance Policies Needed?
- 13 Scotland
- 14 Car Rentals are expensive!
- 15 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 16 Moving from DC to Texas
- 17 Japan vs. California vs. Hawaii
- 18 First solo travel adventure! Please help!
- 19 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 20 Your favorite, toddler-friendly international destination???
- 21 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 22 First Solo Trip in my 20s
- 23 Best ways to get around when you can't rent a car?
- 24 Which luggage scales?
- 25 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)