Looking recently at the Villa Sampaguita video brought back lots of lovely memories of my stay there in 2006. When my New Zealand friends go to the well worn paths in Italy, my first thoughts are, why not go somewhere a bit different. Asti is so central to Turin, Genoa, Cinque Terre, Florence and Milan and I did all those by train. Now that my grandson is almost at school, I am planning to return to Villa Sampaguita and the lovely hosts, Tim and Rina, so I can try some more of the wonderful Piedmont cuisine and the wines.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 I need peanut butter, but I'm in Argentina.
- 2 my travel ignorance
- 3 Your favorite USA car rental company
- 4 Your Best Travel Tips
- 5 Help finding a beach resort w/ nightlife for a young couple!
- 6 Northern Lights
- 7 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 8 Road trip along the east coast with tween & teen
- 9 First Trip To Japan and South Korea Solo!
- 10 Travel Insurance or not
- 11 Duffel size needed for 33lb limit
- 12 Are these shoes too American looking?
- 13 Economy PLus on United to China
- 14 Down or synthetic sleeping bag?
- 15 Light weight Luggage
- 16 3 weeks backpacking around Europe, how to call home?
- 17 Online Booking Agency- which one to use?
- 18 Teaching Abroad with Expiring Passport
- 19 Where to go over New Years?
- 20 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 21 Favorite airline and hotel booking sites
- 22 Seeking Family All-Inclusive Advice
- 23 Relaxing September Getaway: Scenic Destination with Outdoor Activities
- 24 transportation from Rome airport to Siena
- 25 Ideas for a family trip