Looking recently at the Villa Sampaguita video brought back lots of lovely memories of my stay there in 2006. When my New Zealand friends go to the well worn paths in Italy, my first thoughts are, why not go somewhere a bit different. Asti is so central to Turin, Genoa, Cinque Terre, Florence and Milan and I did all those by train. Now that my grandson is almost at school, I am planning to return to Villa Sampaguita and the lovely hosts, Tim and Rina, so I can try some more of the wonderful Piedmont cuisine and the wines.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Ideas for 40th Birthday
- 2 HOW MUCH MONEY TO ESTIMATE FOR MEALS
- 3 quiet getaways for older women
- 4 Car Rental in US with Travel to Canada
- 5 All purpose soap
- 6 Car Rentals and dropping at another destination
- 7 Expedia Flight+Hotel
- 8 Where to travel?
- 9 Travel Books for Kids?
- 10 never fly LIAT
- 11 Andrews FCU card and Car Rental CDW
- 12 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 13 1-month trip idea for 3 guys in their 20s in June-July?
- 14 trip ideas in May...
- 15 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 16 Currency exchange, the best deal?
- 17 finding last minute packages
- 18 What is Meningitis? And does it require to travel to Saudia Arabia?
- 19 My Dream Trip Itinerary - What Do You Think?
- 20 Traditional Afternoon Tea, Best Fish and Chips in London
- 21 Best adventure/trek holiday ideas
- 22 What book should I read?
- 23 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 24 Road trip in Italy
- 25 Hostel suggestions