In about a year's time I'll be getting access to some money left to me by my grandmother when she passed. I'd like to take a solo trip and it needs to be to a place where I can get around without a car (I hate driving, don't have a license). So, either need really good public transportation, or somewhere small that is easily travelled by foot/bike rental.
One initial place I was thinking was Islamorada, FL.
But I'm not sure...so if anyone has any good ideas, please let me know! Here are my "must haves":
- I live in NYC, and would prefer not to travel VERY far (ie...I'd just die to go to the Seychelles but it's way too far). No more than 8 hours travel.
- Somewhere where it is safe for me to be by myself/get around by myself/etc.
- BEACH! I'm dying for a warm, relaxing, sandy vacation. Do not want to do a lot of running around and sightseeing. Maybe a scuba dive or two.
- Cost is not really an issue
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Vacation Destinations for a Large Family
- 2 One bag travel for honeymooners
- 3 Is a month and a half backpack trip around Europe worth leaving a job for?
- 4 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam
- 5 Reluctant Solo Traveler
- 6 Where to keep important documents
- 7 Ice Land
- 8 Need idea for one week trip in late November!!
- 9 Tom Harper River Cruise Company?
- 10 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 11 It's buy a bag time. Help!
- 12 Late August Honeymoon Destination Help
- 13 Advanced Beauty Group - Best Country to Visit
- 14 Malaysia to Thailand and again Malaysia Visit
- 15 What should my teenage boys wear in August in Italy
- 16 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 17 Road Trip: - Venice - Florence - Rome
- 18 Last minute tips, specially in Southern Asia
- 19 Road Trip - Memphis, Savannah, and Charleston
- 20 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 21 Holiday to Florida
- 22 Sim Card Advice
- 23 To all of you who are responsible for hotel breakfast buffets!
- 24 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 25 First Timer: Traveling to Amsterdam Need advice