In about a year's time I'll be getting access to some money left to me by my grandmother when she passed. I'd like to take a solo trip and it needs to be to a place where I can get around without a car (I hate driving, don't have a license). So, either need really good public transportation, or somewhere small that is easily travelled by foot/bike rental.
One initial place I was thinking was Islamorada, FL.
But I'm not sure...so if anyone has any good ideas, please let me know! Here are my "must haves":
- I live in NYC, and would prefer not to travel VERY far (ie...I'd just die to go to the Seychelles but it's way too far). No more than 8 hours travel.
- Somewhere where it is safe for me to be by myself/get around by myself/etc.
- BEACH! I'm dying for a warm, relaxing, sandy vacation. Do not want to do a lot of running around and sightseeing. Maybe a scuba dive or two.
- Cost is not really an issue
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Help for my wife's 40th with her best friends
- 2 photography trip in July Chile-Peru-Bolivia-Chile
- 3 European Travel in March
- 4 Packing advice for fall trip to Europe
- 5 Daughter's Tour to korea
- 6 Advice for traveling with leg/hip pain
- 7 Help planning long road trip.
- 8 Checked through luggage - 2 separate bookings?
- 9 Renting International Cars from USA
- 10 Trip Ideas for Adventure / Tropical Thanksgiving Holiday
- 11 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 12 Getting my child from Stanford
- 13 Ideal Trip!
- 14 [ENGLAND] Which places to visit (london districts + city nearby)
- 15 Pa to New England States
- 16 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 17 Do you get your expired passport back?
- 18 Is there a trick to booking a "comfort" seat?
- 19 cape cod
- 20 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 21 Is there a way get a specific model of car to rent?
- 22 Lipault luggage durability
- 23 Credit card protection
- 24 Retrieving Voice Mail abroad - Help me
- 25 Husband's 40th Birthday