In about a year's time I'll be getting access to some money left to me by my grandmother when she passed. I'd like to take a solo trip and it needs to be to a place where I can get around without a car (I hate driving, don't have a license). So, either need really good public transportation, or somewhere small that is easily travelled by foot/bike rental.
One initial place I was thinking was Islamorada, FL.
But I'm not sure...so if anyone has any good ideas, please let me know! Here are my "must haves":
- I live in NYC, and would prefer not to travel VERY far (ie...I'd just die to go to the Seychelles but it's way too far). No more than 8 hours travel.
- Somewhere where it is safe for me to be by myself/get around by myself/etc.
- BEACH! I'm dying for a warm, relaxing, sandy vacation. Do not want to do a lot of running around and sightseeing. Maybe a scuba dive or two.
- Cost is not really an issue
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Why Access to Services at Home should not affect your next trip
- 2 Trip from Lecce, Italy to Pescara, Abruzzo.
- 3 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 4 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 5 suggestions to travel the world for 450 Days
- 6 New York City - Suite/Hotel
- 7 Planning your next vacation
- 8 Need Suggestions!!!!!
- 9 Early November Vacation Thoughts?
- 10 Nova Scotia & Cabot Trail
- 11 Anti-pickpocket Tip
- 12 Road trip stops
- 13 Cautionary tale about ATM use
- 14 Travel towel?
- 15 Tips for tour guides on a week or longer trip
- 16 Favorite budget travel items?
- 17 Traveling with refrigerated medications
- 18 Basel - bern - niederwangen
- 19 Buying Russia train tickets
- 20 Exotic Travel Suggestions - May/June 2018
- 21 Travel Around Belgium with Side Trip to Amsterdam
- 22 Ecuador, Panama, or Costa Rica
- 23 Best Way 3 days Quebec City to Newark Airport
- 24 Phone services in Western Europe
- 25 All-in-One Universal Plug Adapter?