In about a year's time I'll be getting access to some money left to me by my grandmother when she passed. I'd like to take a solo trip and it needs to be to a place where I can get around without a car (I hate driving, don't have a license). So, either need really good public transportation, or somewhere small that is easily travelled by foot/bike rental.
One initial place I was thinking was Islamorada, FL.
But I'm not sure...so if anyone has any good ideas, please let me know! Here are my "must haves":
- I live in NYC, and would prefer not to travel VERY far (ie...I'd just die to go to the Seychelles but it's way too far). No more than 8 hours travel.
- Somewhere where it is safe for me to be by myself/get around by myself/etc.
- BEACH! I'm dying for a warm, relaxing, sandy vacation. Do not want to do a lot of running around and sightseeing. Maybe a scuba dive or two.
- Cost is not really an issue
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Packing for Safari in Kenya
- 2 Honeymoon Destination
- 3 How to find the best adventure tour
- 4 One month free to travel in February
- 5 If UK visit visa works for Europe too!
- 6 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 7 What to do on long flights?
- 8 How do you like my plan for a gap year?
- 9 Destination suggestion, departing from Vegas and returning to Detroit
- 10 How to travel with only carry on...with a baby
- 11 Feb - a week get away for 2 couples
- 12 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 13 Need Amalfi planning help
- 14 Where to go...April of 2018
- 15 Cautionary tale about ATM use
- 16 Why Access to Services at Home should not affect your next trip
- 17 California Zepher
- 18 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 19 Babymoon w/ toddler Fall Ideas (Zika)
- 20 6 day 5 night Honeymoon from US
- 21 Honeymoon ideas STAT
- 22 Looking for travel filmmakers to collaborate and travel together!
- 23 Airport robbery
- 24 Usefulness of a travel agent ?
- 25 New York City - Suite/Hotel