In about a year's time I'll be getting access to some money left to me by my grandmother when she passed. I'd like to take a solo trip and it needs to be to a place where I can get around without a car (I hate driving, don't have a license). So, either need really good public transportation, or somewhere small that is easily travelled by foot/bike rental.
One initial place I was thinking was Islamorada, FL.
But I'm not sure...so if anyone has any good ideas, please let me know! Here are my "must haves":
- I live in NYC, and would prefer not to travel VERY far (ie...I'd just die to go to the Seychelles but it's way too far). No more than 8 hours travel.
- Somewhere where it is safe for me to be by myself/get around by myself/etc.
- BEACH! I'm dying for a warm, relaxing, sandy vacation. Do not want to do a lot of running around and sightseeing. Maybe a scuba dive or two.
- Cost is not really an issue
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Crete Destinations - Top 10 Places
- 2 Camera recommendations for wildlife photography
- 3 Accommodation San Sebastian
- 4 First time travelling outside the USA
- 5 Tips on itinerary for 2 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 6 Traveling to NW Italy (Aosta)
- 7 SIXT car rental in US
- 8 Chef for Turks and Caicos
- 9 What suitcase size holds around 60 pounds of weight.
- 10 3 weeks in Siena Italy
- 11 April - Crete v Canaries? & Pregnant!
- 12 Visit to usa
- 13 Terrified traveller
- 14 insect repellent bracelets
- 15 Top travel destinations 2017
- 16 Your Favorite Rain coat?
- 17 Early trip planning
- 18 First time traveler
- 19 Best place in March to travel with kids
- 20 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 21 Tour company or DIY?
- 22 Amtrak's AutoTrain - yes or no?
- 23 Itinerary Help! CDG Round Trip in 10 days
- 24 Credit Card Travel Protection insurance - did anyone used it?
- 25 Should I go for a GoPro, DSLR or drone?