In about a year's time I'll be getting access to some money left to me by my grandmother when she passed. I'd like to take a solo trip and it needs to be to a place where I can get around without a car (I hate driving, don't have a license). So, either need really good public transportation, or somewhere small that is easily travelled by foot/bike rental.
One initial place I was thinking was Islamorada, FL.
But I'm not sure...so if anyone has any good ideas, please let me know! Here are my "must haves":
- I live in NYC, and would prefer not to travel VERY far (ie...I'd just die to go to the Seychelles but it's way too far). No more than 8 hours travel.
- Somewhere where it is safe for me to be by myself/get around by myself/etc.
- BEACH! I'm dying for a warm, relaxing, sandy vacation. Do not want to do a lot of running around and sightseeing. Maybe a scuba dive or two.
- Cost is not really an issue
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 ATM DUMPS PIN TRACK 1/2 CC CVV TRANSFER WESTERN UNION
- 2 What do you pack in your toiletries bag?
- 3 I really want to experience the northern lights
- 4 40th Birthday Celebration
- 5 Should I use a travel agent?
- 6 Where in the world can I make my dream, reality?
- 7 What Resources Do You Use to Book Complicated Trips?
- 8 Road trip from Denver or Salt Lake City?
- 9 Difficult Decisions!!
- 10 Oceanfront Location - where in the world?
- 11 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 12 HoneyMoon - january
- 13 Glacier National Park Trip
- 14 Where to find volunteer work or hosteltrave job in the world
- 15 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 16 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 17 Road map- European
- 18 Travel idea for a 1 year old
- 19 Malaga Ave fast train- M Zambrano Train Station car return
- 20 xmas anywhere in europe
- 21 Need advice for Asia trip
- 22 Family Italy
- 23 Big Island vs Maui
- 24 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 25 Winter Vacation