In about a year's time I'll be getting access to some money left to me by my grandmother when she passed. I'd like to take a solo trip and it needs to be to a place where I can get around without a car (I hate driving, don't have a license). So, either need really good public transportation, or somewhere small that is easily travelled by foot/bike rental.
One initial place I was thinking was Islamorada, FL.
But I'm not sure...so if anyone has any good ideas, please let me know! Here are my "must haves":
- I live in NYC, and would prefer not to travel VERY far (ie...I'd just die to go to the Seychelles but it's way too far). No more than 8 hours travel.
- Somewhere where it is safe for me to be by myself/get around by myself/etc.
- BEACH! I'm dying for a warm, relaxing, sandy vacation. Do not want to do a lot of running around and sightseeing. Maybe a scuba dive or two.
- Cost is not really an issue
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Advice for traveling with leg/hip pain
- 2 photography trip in July Chile-Peru-Bolivia-Chile
- 3 Rhode Island to new hempshire
- 4 Tech Help Please
- 5 How to reach Manali from Delhi
- 6 CPAP Distilled Water for Cruise in Hungary
- 7 5 Best travel apps? (open)
- 8 Family trip from London to Greece.
- 9 Bali Or Italy/Greece
- 10 Packing a family of 8 in a minivan for an out of state camping trip
- 11 How to Avoid Pickpockets in Paris
- 12 Husband's 40th Birthday
- 13 multi-destinations with multi-type travel
- 14 When to introduce kids to international travel?
- 15 Not quite sure where to go yet...
- 16 South Italy Trip Ideas
- 17 Ipad apps for travel in germany
- 18 Travel Bangkok to Songkhla
- 19 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 20 Daypack Recommendation
- 21 Grand Luxury Hotels
- 22 YQG to PMO on AC with connection in FCO on Alitalia
- 23 Where to go with an infant?
- 24 Retrieving Voice Mail abroad - Help me
- 25 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring