In about a year's time I'll be getting access to some money left to me by my grandmother when she passed. I'd like to take a solo trip and it needs to be to a place where I can get around without a car (I hate driving, don't have a license). So, either need really good public transportation, or somewhere small that is easily travelled by foot/bike rental.
One initial place I was thinking was Islamorada, FL.
But I'm not sure...so if anyone has any good ideas, please let me know! Here are my "must haves":
- I live in NYC, and would prefer not to travel VERY far (ie...I'd just die to go to the Seychelles but it's way too far). No more than 8 hours travel.
- Somewhere where it is safe for me to be by myself/get around by myself/etc.
- BEACH! I'm dying for a warm, relaxing, sandy vacation. Do not want to do a lot of running around and sightseeing. Maybe a scuba dive or two.
- Cost is not really an issue
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Cross-Country trip advice
- 2 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 3 Working with an agency
- 4 Ideas please for January trip, family of 5, for about $3000
- 5 Trip to Greece
- 6 Managing Travel Photographs
- 7 Daypack Recommendation
- 8 How do you 'handle' your digital photos when on a trip
- 9 Wildlife photography courses
- 10 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 11 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 12 51st Birthday Trip
- 13 RV traveling in a fifth wheel out West
- 14 THe case for linen
- 15 JFK from manhattan on marathon sunday
- 16 MS Slendida
- 17 currency app
- 18 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 19 All purpose soap
- 20 Well Needed Getaway
- 21 Packing a stuffed animal.
- 22 How to get a Reliable coach hire company
- 23 Idea about a car rental business for travelling
- 24 Best trip insurance coverage?
- 25 Eeek!!! First time AUS trip!