In about a year's time I'll be getting access to some money left to me by my grandmother when she passed. I'd like to take a solo trip and it needs to be to a place where I can get around without a car (I hate driving, don't have a license). So, either need really good public transportation, or somewhere small that is easily travelled by foot/bike rental.
One initial place I was thinking was Islamorada, FL.
But I'm not sure...so if anyone has any good ideas, please let me know! Here are my "must haves":
- I live in NYC, and would prefer not to travel VERY far (ie...I'd just die to go to the Seychelles but it's way too far). No more than 8 hours travel.
- Somewhere where it is safe for me to be by myself/get around by myself/etc.
- BEACH! I'm dying for a warm, relaxing, sandy vacation. Do not want to do a lot of running around and sightseeing. Maybe a scuba dive or two.
- Cost is not really an issue
Travelling solo and need destination advice!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 First Time Going to Europe - Ideas?
- 2 Honeymoon
- 3 Are these shoes too American looking?
- 4 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 5 Where to go over New Years?
- 6 Most Exotic and Adventurous Trip Possible
- 7 Help finding a beach resort w/ nightlife for a young couple!
- 8 my travel ignorance
- 9 Your favorite USA car rental company
- 10 Your Best Travel Tips
- 11 Northern Lights
- 12 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 13 Road trip along the east coast with tween & teen
- 14 First Trip To Japan and South Korea Solo!
- 15 Travel Insurance or not
- 16 Duffel size needed for 33lb limit
- 17 Economy PLus on United to China
- 18 Down or synthetic sleeping bag?
- 19 Light weight Luggage
- 20 3 weeks backpacking around Europe, how to call home?
- 21 Online Booking Agency- which one to use?
- 22 Teaching Abroad with Expiring Passport
- 23 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 24 Favorite airline and hotel booking sites
- 25 Seeking Family All-Inclusive Advice