In about a year's time I'll be getting access to some money left to me by my grandmother when she passed. I'd like to take a solo trip and it needs to be to a place where I can get around without a car (I hate driving, don't have a license). So, either need really good public transportation, or somewhere small that is easily travelled by foot/bike rental.
One initial place I was thinking was Islamorada, FL.
But I'm not sure...so if anyone has any good ideas, please let me know! Here are my "must haves":
- I live in NYC, and would prefer not to travel VERY far (ie...I'd just die to go to the Seychelles but it's way too far). No more than 8 hours travel.
- Somewhere where it is safe for me to be by myself/get around by myself/etc.
- BEACH! I'm dying for a warm, relaxing, sandy vacation. Do not want to do a lot of running around and sightseeing. Maybe a scuba dive or two.
- Cost is not really an issue
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 JH Kitchens Reviews
- 2 Mapping tool for multi-mode, multi-destination trip?
- 3 Footwear / clothing for adventure / exploring
- 4 14 Days SD - VC BC And Back
- 5 Itinerary Planning Apps
- 6 Credit Card Travel Protection insurance - did anyone used it?
- 7 First rv trip
- 8 Amsterdam or Dublin?
- 9 Comfortable shoes that can go to dinner
- 10 Should I go for a GoPro, DSLR or drone?
- 11 Help us pick our 10 year anniversary destination!
- 12 First time traveler
- 13 Go-Pro or Olympus Tough camera
- 14 Exploring a City
- 15 Dolomites for 2 days
- 16 May or June trip ideas with 2 adult children
- 17 Drive from SD to Yellowstone
- 18 Travel from Alaska to Chicago by train?
- 19 Looking for a Travel Buddy to Explore More of Eastern Europe and Spain
- 20 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 21 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 22 looking for travel buddy to join kanha national park trip
- 23 Passport Help!!!
- 24 First time travelling outside the USA
- 25 Iceland-Landmannalaugar