In about a year's time I'll be getting access to some money left to me by my grandmother when she passed. I'd like to take a solo trip and it needs to be to a place where I can get around without a car (I hate driving, don't have a license). So, either need really good public transportation, or somewhere small that is easily travelled by foot/bike rental.
One initial place I was thinking was Islamorada, FL.
But I'm not sure...so if anyone has any good ideas, please let me know! Here are my "must haves":
- I live in NYC, and would prefer not to travel VERY far (ie...I'd just die to go to the Seychelles but it's way too far). No more than 8 hours travel.
- Somewhere where it is safe for me to be by myself/get around by myself/etc.
- BEACH! I'm dying for a warm, relaxing, sandy vacation. Do not want to do a lot of running around and sightseeing. Maybe a scuba dive or two.
- Cost is not really an issue
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Utah's "Might 5" National Parks
- 2 50th Birthday trip
- 3 Travel to London/Paris/Rome
- 4 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 5 How do you organize your trip options such as restaurants and sights?
- 6 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 7 Iguazu vs Victoria falls
- 8 What to pack for that trip
- 9 Road trip Vegas to Seattle
- 10 New Convertible Bag for Teen?
- 11 Trip with friend
- 12 September Whim
- 13 advise for trip to Paris, Nice, Switzerland and Milan
- 14 Two weeks to make a decision where to travel...
- 15 Trip Ideas for Senior Parents
- 16 Mountain Honeymoon Destination
- 17 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 18 Lightweight carry-on that will meet Lufthansa's strict requirements?
- 19 honeymoon croatia and italy
- 20 My inbox is a total mess after 3 weeks trekking. Solutions?
- 21 Globus...Yay or nay?
- 22 40th birthday
- 23 Tom Harper River Cruise Company?
- 24 Must Haves in a travel kit. Battle of the sexes !
- 25 Packing vs Shipping when moving abroad