In about a year's time I'll be getting access to some money left to me by my grandmother when she passed. I'd like to take a solo trip and it needs to be to a place where I can get around without a car (I hate driving, don't have a license). So, either need really good public transportation, or somewhere small that is easily travelled by foot/bike rental.
One initial place I was thinking was Islamorada, FL.
But I'm not sure...so if anyone has any good ideas, please let me know! Here are my "must haves":
- I live in NYC, and would prefer not to travel VERY far (ie...I'd just die to go to the Seychelles but it's way too far). No more than 8 hours travel.
- Somewhere where it is safe for me to be by myself/get around by myself/etc.
- BEACH! I'm dying for a warm, relaxing, sandy vacation. Do not want to do a lot of running around and sightseeing. Maybe a scuba dive or two.
- Cost is not really an issue
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 AVG@ password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 HP@ printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPPORT C*Are
- 3 Question about USD Value in Other Countrues
- 4 Fliip Key vs VRBO
- 5 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 6 What is the best Internet Service Provider in Cairo, Egypt?
- 7 Irish Pubs and other Fun Things
- 8 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 9 How realistic traveling without money actually is?
- 10 TripIt App?
- 11 What to do on long flights?
- 12 travel mate wanted
- 13 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 14 Italy and Santorini Greece
- 15 Packing Cubes
- 16 Roadtrip/Vacation Advice Needed
- 17 Vacation for two
- 18 What itinerary should I pick for Europe ?
- 19 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 20 Luggage Set - hardshell or softshell?
- 21 Eastern Europe ~ Help Please!
- 22 Some tips when using Air BnB
- 23 Packing must haves for the summer?
- 24 [ GEAR HELP ] -- what is the most effective WHITE sun hat
- 25 Female Traveling Solo to Moscow and St.petersburg