In about a year's time I'll be getting access to some money left to me by my grandmother when she passed. I'd like to take a solo trip and it needs to be to a place where I can get around without a car (I hate driving, don't have a license). So, either need really good public transportation, or somewhere small that is easily travelled by foot/bike rental.
One initial place I was thinking was Islamorada, FL.
But I'm not sure...so if anyone has any good ideas, please let me know! Here are my "must haves":
- I live in NYC, and would prefer not to travel VERY far (ie...I'd just die to go to the Seychelles but it's way too far). No more than 8 hours travel.
- Somewhere where it is safe for me to be by myself/get around by myself/etc.
- BEACH! I'm dying for a warm, relaxing, sandy vacation. Do not want to do a lot of running around and sightseeing. Maybe a scuba dive or two.
- Cost is not really an issue
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Great Saint Bernard Pass / Lake Geneva / Northern Italy
- 2 to travel or settle down?
- 3 garment travel organizer
- 4 Traveling Solo with 9 month old
- 5 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 6 Newbie Using Whats App
- 7 replace my Nikon d90 by rx100 ?
- 8 Some tips when using Air BnB
- 9 Which type of car ?
- 10 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 11 Cape Town Ideas
- 12 Best Hostels
- 13 European chargers, Garmins & phones
- 14 best travel app (android or Apple)
- 15 Road Trip For Two
- 16 Estes Park to Lexington, KY
- 17 Copper Canyon
- 18 Travel through Expedia
- 19 Autoeurope car location...questions !
- 20 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 21 Round the World
- 22 Misleading third party websites
- 23 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 24 Travel ideas near spring break?
- 25 Looking for nature sights - Driving from Nashville TN - Greenville SC