In about a year's time I'll be getting access to some money left to me by my grandmother when she passed. I'd like to take a solo trip and it needs to be to a place where I can get around without a car (I hate driving, don't have a license). So, either need really good public transportation, or somewhere small that is easily travelled by foot/bike rental.
One initial place I was thinking was Islamorada, FL.
But I'm not sure...so if anyone has any good ideas, please let me know! Here are my "must haves":
- I live in NYC, and would prefer not to travel VERY far (ie...I'd just die to go to the Seychelles but it's way too far). No more than 8 hours travel.
- Somewhere where it is safe for me to be by myself/get around by myself/etc.
- BEACH! I'm dying for a warm, relaxing, sandy vacation. Do not want to do a lot of running around and sightseeing. Maybe a scuba dive or two.
- Cost is not really an issue
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Do liquids HAVE to be in a quart size baggie?
- 2 Does the USB car charger (UK edition ) suffice for my car travel ?
- 3 Searching for co-travelers!
- 4 Apps for Solo Travellers?
- 5 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 6 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 7 Family trip Europe
- 8 Is a month and a half backpack trip around Europe worth leaving a job for?
- 9 Home security while traveling
- 10 More on Phony Reviews
- 11 Advice for a newbie
- 12 Pros & cons of "travel" vests
- 13 Car Rentals in Italy
- 14 Spontaneous solo backpacking trip
- 15 Italy or Napa Valley? Mother daughter duo
- 16 What do you use to save money on travel?
- 17 Ideas February trip
- 18 Help with Itinerary for Trip with Kids to Carmel
- 19 Day bags when traveling
- 20 slippery sleeping bags with mat on slopes
- 21 cell phone adapters in UK and Europe
- 22 Three Week West Coast Road Trip
- 23 Family Road trip Jersey to PEI - Best route 1 overnight
- 24 Roundup of overseas cell phone plan options, or: To SIM or not to SIM?
- 25 Daughter's 30 Bday trip