In about a year's time I'll be getting access to some money left to me by my grandmother when she passed. I'd like to take a solo trip and it needs to be to a place where I can get around without a car (I hate driving, don't have a license). So, either need really good public transportation, or somewhere small that is easily travelled by foot/bike rental.
One initial place I was thinking was Islamorada, FL.
But I'm not sure...so if anyone has any good ideas, please let me know! Here are my "must haves":
- I live in NYC, and would prefer not to travel VERY far (ie...I'd just die to go to the Seychelles but it's way too far). No more than 8 hours travel.
- Somewhere where it is safe for me to be by myself/get around by myself/etc.
- BEACH! I'm dying for a warm, relaxing, sandy vacation. Do not want to do a lot of running around and sightseeing. Maybe a scuba dive or two.
- Cost is not really an issue
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 European chargers, Garmins & phones
- 2 I am a newbie backpacker. Please help?
- 3 Suggestions on suitcase size/brand
- 4 The Great Canadian Bungee: watch me jump!
- 5 Road trip from PA to NY
- 6 Is the traditional apple picking trip overrated?
- 7 layover time - immigration process
- 8 Sunday Fundayz
- 9 Do you have a camping trip in the autumn
- 10 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 11 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 12 Year Long Travel
- 13 Packing light challenge
- 14 Reviewing a VRBO villa
- 15 Charter of a yacht
- 16 Travelling: Money Help
- 17 From Chicago to San Diego
- 18 Trip ideas for the winter
- 19 3-5hr drive from KCMO
- 20 Watch AFL finals in New Orleans
- 21 Minimalistic living for travel
- 22 What to pack for that trip
- 23 Birthday trip
- 24 Tokyo Disneyland Staff is very rude!!!
- 25 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)