I'm planning an April vacation (7-11 days) with my 88 year old father and his 82 year old girlfriend. They both have mobility issues: his Parkinsons, hers post polio syndrome. They walk independently but only for short distances and on fairly flat surfaces. They are both intelligent and curious people who have traveled a fair amount in their lives. They (and I) would like an intellectually active vacation that isn't demanding physically. Any thoughts/suggestions?
traveling with the elderly
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 2 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 3 Places to travel in June or July
- 4 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 5 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 6 Delices & Gourmandises
- 7 Europe Trip Itinerary Check
- 8 Prepaid debit cards in Brazil
- 9 Packing Help - What to take
- 10 Amsterdam to Normandy
- 11 Visa expiration and re entry
- 12 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 13 Rovia booking engine
- 14 Jacket with pockets
- 15 2 Week Trip for Newleywed's - Adventure and Beach
- 16 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 17 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 18 Dual time zone watches
- 19 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 20 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 21 Website for good hotel rates?
- 22 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 23 What color nail polish in France
- 24 Travel Clothing
- 25 advance single 1st class rail travel with virgin trains