I'm planning an April vacation (7-11 days) with my 88 year old father and his 82 year old girlfriend. They both have mobility issues: his Parkinsons, hers post polio syndrome. They walk independently but only for short distances and on fairly flat surfaces. They are both intelligent and curious people who have traveled a fair amount in their lives. They (and I) would like an intellectually active vacation that isn't demanding physically. Any thoughts/suggestions?
traveling with the elderly
- 1 Scottevest jacket product quality issues
- 2 How do you balance new destinations and familiar ones?
- 3 Seeking easy and secluded beach vaca - help!
- 4 Eurail Pass Help!
- 5 iPad use on long flights
- 6 Single Senior Citizen travel
- 7 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 8 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 9 Italy, Greece and turkey holiday
- 10 Sardinia, Italy
- 11 Vacation Destination
- 12 Packing list - 6 months with carry-on only
- 13 traveling with fifteen year old grandson
- 14 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 15 train tickets for italy
- 16 Shoe Trouble
- 17 Good article on shoes for travel
- 18 Rose Bowl Parade
- 19 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 20 Buying SNCF tickets
- 21 5 week opportunity to travel - any tips where?
- 22 Changes in Travel Insurance: deductible
- 23 How to avoid delays at US border?
- 24 meditation - yoga - retreates.
- 25 Home Exchanges