I'm planning an April vacation (7-11 days) with my 88 year old father and his 82 year old girlfriend. They both have mobility issues: his Parkinsons, hers post polio syndrome. They walk independently but only for short distances and on fairly flat surfaces. They are both intelligent and curious people who have traveled a fair amount in their lives. They (and I) would like an intellectually active vacation that isn't demanding physically. Any thoughts/suggestions?
traveling with the elderly
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Affordable January Trip Ideas
- 2 US $ or local currency when booking hotel online?
- 3 Phone service
- 4 Home security while traveling?
- 5 Where to go on multi-gen trip in Apr 2015 with2 & 6 year olds?
- 6 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 7 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 8 Want suggestion for Diwali tour place
- 9 Recommendations for Light-Weight, 4-Wheel, 22-in. Roll On.
- 10 Fall Road Trip
- 11 December 3 Week Vacation
- 12 San Francisco or San Diego
- 13 Luggage Help: Need a Luggage or Duffel at least 31" x 23" (78 x 57cm)
- 14 Home Exchanges
- 15 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 16 Groupon Cancellation/Transfer Option
- 17 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 18 6 weeks in the Americas during December
- 19 Shoes for round the world trip - suitable for hiking and running?
- 20 Scammers on Airbnb site
- 21 India food Tours
- 22 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 23 VPN? Witopia? If so, which?
- 24 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 25 Going to Costa Rica