I'm planning an April vacation (7-11 days) with my 88 year old father and his 82 year old girlfriend. They both have mobility issues: his Parkinsons, hers post polio syndrome. They walk independently but only for short distances and on fairly flat surfaces. They are both intelligent and curious people who have traveled a fair amount in their lives. They (and I) would like an intellectually active vacation that isn't demanding physically. Any thoughts/suggestions?
traveling with the elderly
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Hostel suggestions
- 2 trip ideas in May...
- 3 Where to travel?
- 4 [Academic] Help with travel project
- 5 Travel Resolutions: Do You Have Any For 2015?
- 6 Honeymoon on a budget leaving Perth, Australia
- 7 Beach trip...florida or caribbean island in mid march
- 8 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 9 Ideas for mid winter solo trip someplace warm or cold, but fun!!
- 10 finding last minute packages
- 11 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 12 Package to Paris, Flight Not Included. 2 Travel Insurance Policies Needed?
- 13 Scotland
- 14 Car Rentals are expensive!
- 15 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 16 Moving from DC to Texas
- 17 Japan vs. California vs. Hawaii
- 18 First solo travel adventure! Please help!
- 19 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 20 Your favorite, toddler-friendly international destination???
- 21 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 22 First Solo Trip in my 20s
- 23 Best ways to get around when you can't rent a car?
- 24 Which luggage scales?
- 25 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)