My husband and I are still trying to plan a trip, leaving as soon as we drop off three of our children at their different colleges the last week of August. We had really wanted to return to Venice but after researching the weather for that time period we are concerned we won't enjoy ourselves; we do not enjoy hot and humid. Our ideal is 70's, sunny, and low humidity. We want to travel some place we can explore; the last thing we want to do is sit around feeling sad that our youngest has just left for college. We've had some ideas on an earlier thread but I'm hoping with a little more description of what we're looking for there might be more ideas that fit us. Thanks!
Traveling in August
View all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Luggage Tags
- 2 How is the United Lounge at LAX?
- 3 Which Travel Bag
- 4 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 5 Suggestions for Spain & Portugal
- 6 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 7 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 8 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 9 Your Best Travel Tips
- 10 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 11 europe In January
- 12 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 13 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 14 Where to go on Christmas?
- 15 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 16 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 17 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 18 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 19 Holiday Travel Plans
- 20 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 21 Purchasing a flight with someone else's frequent flyer points
- 22 Which Hotel is near to Northern arizona university, Flagstaff
- 23 Help with honeymoon destination
- 24 places to stop and stretch.
- 25 Travel with or without kids ?