My husband and I are still trying to plan a trip, leaving as soon as we drop off three of our children at their different colleges the last week of August. We had really wanted to return to Venice but after researching the weather for that time period we are concerned we won't enjoy ourselves; we do not enjoy hot and humid. Our ideal is 70's, sunny, and low humidity. We want to travel some place we can explore; the last thing we want to do is sit around feeling sad that our youngest has just left for college. We've had some ideas on an earlier thread but I'm hoping with a little more description of what we're looking for there might be more ideas that fit us. Thanks!
Traveling in August
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 2 Where to holiday in April? All Inclusive Getaway with guaranteed sunshine!?
- 3 Finding a House Sitter.
- 4 Road Scholar
- 5 First Solo Trip -- Mid 20's Female --Where to go???
- 6 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 7 Economy Class Seat: Bulkhead Row? (Boeing 777)
- 8 Driving from New York to South Florida and staying over 1 night
- 9 Checklist: What to Do Before You Go
- 10 Your Best Travel Tips
- 11 Useful travel apps
- 12 I need people to do a road trip to USA
- 13 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 14 Base city in England
- 15 Suggestions please
- 16 Credit Card FF Program Retention/Waive Fee
- 17 What's your experience with groupon.com?
- 18 vow renewal
- 19 what size suitcase holds 40 pounds?
- 20 Spain and Morocco in 2 weeks
- 21 Solo Woman traveller ! Yes you TOO can make it.
- 22 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 23 Travel Agent: what to do if their cost is more than your research?
- 24 Do you know Torquay hotel in UK
- 25 Where to go for "Once in a lifetime vacation"?