My husband and I are still trying to plan a trip, leaving as soon as we drop off three of our children at their different colleges the last week of August. We had really wanted to return to Venice but after researching the weather for that time period we are concerned we won't enjoy ourselves; we do not enjoy hot and humid. Our ideal is 70's, sunny, and low humidity. We want to travel some place we can explore; the last thing we want to do is sit around feeling sad that our youngest has just left for college. We've had some ideas on an earlier thread but I'm hoping with a little more description of what we're looking for there might be more ideas that fit us. Thanks!
Traveling in August
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 All purpose soap
- 2 Ideas for 40th Birthday
- 3 HOW MUCH MONEY TO ESTIMATE FOR MEALS
- 4 quiet getaways for older women
- 5 Car Rental in US with Travel to Canada
- 6 Car Rentals and dropping at another destination
- 7 Expedia Flight+Hotel
- 8 Where to travel?
- 9 Travel Books for Kids?
- 10 never fly LIAT
- 11 Andrews FCU card and Car Rental CDW
- 12 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 13 1-month trip idea for 3 guys in their 20s in June-July?
- 14 trip ideas in May...
- 15 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 16 Currency exchange, the best deal?
- 17 finding last minute packages
- 18 What is Meningitis? And does it require to travel to Saudia Arabia?
- 19 My Dream Trip Itinerary - What Do You Think?
- 20 Traditional Afternoon Tea, Best Fish and Chips in London
- 21 Best adventure/trek holiday ideas
- 22 What book should I read?
- 23 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 24 Road trip in Italy
- 25 Hostel suggestions