My husband and I are still trying to plan a trip, leaving as soon as we drop off three of our children at their different colleges the last week of August. We had really wanted to return to Venice but after researching the weather for that time period we are concerned we won't enjoy ourselves; we do not enjoy hot and humid. Our ideal is 70's, sunny, and low humidity. We want to travel some place we can explore; the last thing we want to do is sit around feeling sad that our youngest has just left for college. We've had some ideas on an earlier thread but I'm hoping with a little more description of what we're looking for there might be more ideas that fit us. Thanks!
Traveling in August
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Morocco Travel Click
- 2 two months away and mold problems.
- 3 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 4 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 5 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 6 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 7 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 8 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 9 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!
- 10 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 11 10-14 days BKK, Udon Thani & Beach with kids
- 12 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 13 Winter Roadside Emergency Kit
- 14 Phone service
- 15 Does anyone have the Sparrow bag I read about in Sunday's LA Times?
- 16 10 Days of travel help!
- 17 Travel Agency Review for Trip to Spain
- 18 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 19 French gastronomy
- 20 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 21 Re-checking bag after a layover.
- 22 Best places to start...
- 23 25th wedding anniv travel
- 24 Where in the World Should We Go?
- 25 Friends Seeking Advice