My husband and I are still trying to plan a trip, leaving as soon as we drop off three of our children at their different colleges the last week of August. We had really wanted to return to Venice but after researching the weather for that time period we are concerned we won't enjoy ourselves; we do not enjoy hot and humid. Our ideal is 70's, sunny, and low humidity. We want to travel some place we can explore; the last thing we want to do is sit around feeling sad that our youngest has just left for college. We've had some ideas on an earlier thread but I'm hoping with a little more description of what we're looking for there might be more ideas that fit us. Thanks!
Traveling in August
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Baggage
- 2 Torn between Trips
- 3 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 4 40th birthday trip with my husband
- 5 Will pollution wreck my Beijing dreams ?
- 6 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 7 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 8 Saying hello to all the disc golf playing travelers!
- 9 50th birthday in January destination
- 10 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 11 Banks that do not charge foreign ATM fees
- 12 Discounted luggage websites
- 13 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 14 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 15 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 16 Carrying a smartphone
- 17 Bad recommendation on Super shuttle Paris
- 18 Advice about a cycling holiday
- 19 Best Time to Purchase Flights
- 20 22 hours layover in London Heathrow
- 21 Groupon Getaways
- 22 Rain Boots
- 23 Travel Books for Kids?
- 24 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 25 Ideas for 40th Birthday