My husband and I are still trying to plan a trip, leaving as soon as we drop off three of our children at their different colleges the last week of August. We had really wanted to return to Venice but after researching the weather for that time period we are concerned we won't enjoy ourselves; we do not enjoy hot and humid. Our ideal is 70's, sunny, and low humidity. We want to travel some place we can explore; the last thing we want to do is sit around feeling sad that our youngest has just left for college. We've had some ideas on an earlier thread but I'm hoping with a little more description of what we're looking for there might be more ideas that fit us. Thanks!
Traveling in August
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Transferring on an international flight
- 2 Need Help: Winter US/Carrib Vacation Ideas
- 3 Traveling with a smartphone
- 4 Help? Where to go with an 18 year old boy?
- 5 Accessing online banking while in Europe
- 6 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 7 AutoSlash and Hotel Tonight - Your Reviews
- 8 Which place would you like to travel ?
- 9 Thanksgiving week trip
- 10 Is there a company or website that compares SIM cards?
- 11 Around the World Ticket/Trips
- 12 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 13 Thrifty OHare parking
- 14 Saving money travelling the world
- 15 Family Holiday in Turkey-with three kids aged 12,10 & 7
- 16 Hitchhiking robot - way cool!
- 17 Anyone Tried US CBP's Mobile Passport Program at ATL?
- 18 Discounted luggage websites
- 19 First Time Going to Europe - Ideas?
- 20 New York, Vegas or the Carribean
- 21 Buddies Turning 40 - Where to Go?
- 22 Where to go over New Years?
- 23 GAP YEAR TRAVEL
- 24 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 25 Vacation with 1 year old?