So, I'd like to travel internationally this summer, and I'm not too picky about where I go. The main thing is that I'd like to keep my budget to about $2000. I don't mind CouchSurfing or staying in hostels to make that work! I also can pack really light, to avoid baggage fees. Any other tips on keeping expenses down?
I'd prefer to go somewhere I haven't been before (i.e. not North America, Western Europe, Australia/New Zealand, Thailand, Japan, Morocco, or Armenia), but I'd be willing to go back somewhere if I find a really good deal. I love the performing arts, history, spending time outdoors (especially in the mountains), meeting people, and seeing sights.
I may be traveling by myself, as a young, single female, so I'd like to go somewhere where this won't be too scary. I realize that that's subjective, though! I have traveled around Western Europe by myself, if that helps. I'm willing to go a bit out of my comfort zone, but don't want to do anything too extreme unless I can find someone to travel with.
I have pretty much all of June and July free, and can travel as long as I want to within that time frame, as long as I don't run out of cash.
So, give me ideas about where to go, and how to save money! Thanks!
Travel on a $2000 Budget
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 2 Health insurance for one month visit to USA
- 3 Baggage
- 4 Keeping yourself safe while abroad
- 5 Torn between Trips
- 6 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 7 40th birthday trip with my husband
- 8 Will pollution wreck my Beijing dreams ?
- 9 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 10 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 11 Saying hello to all the disc golf playing travelers!
- 12 50th birthday in January destination
- 13 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 14 Banks that do not charge foreign ATM fees
- 15 Discounted luggage websites
- 16 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 17 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 18 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 19 Carrying a smartphone
- 20 Bad recommendation on Super shuttle Paris
- 21 Advice about a cycling holiday
- 22 Best Time to Purchase Flights
- 23 22 hours layover in London Heathrow
- 24 Groupon Getaways
- 25 Rain Boots