So, I'd like to travel internationally this summer, and I'm not too picky about where I go. The main thing is that I'd like to keep my budget to about $2000. I don't mind CouchSurfing or staying in hostels to make that work! I also can pack really light, to avoid baggage fees. Any other tips on keeping expenses down?
I'd prefer to go somewhere I haven't been before (i.e. not North America, Western Europe, Australia/New Zealand, Thailand, Japan, Morocco, or Armenia), but I'd be willing to go back somewhere if I find a really good deal. I love the performing arts, history, spending time outdoors (especially in the mountains), meeting people, and seeing sights.
I may be traveling by myself, as a young, single female, so I'd like to go somewhere where this won't be too scary. I realize that that's subjective, though! I have traveled around Western Europe by myself, if that helps. I'm willing to go a bit out of my comfort zone, but don't want to do anything too extreme unless I can find someone to travel with.
I have pretty much all of June and July free, and can travel as long as I want to within that time frame, as long as I don't run out of cash.
So, give me ideas about where to go, and how to save money! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Vacation Destinations for a Large Family
- 2 It's buy a bag time. Help!
- 3 Malaysia to Thailand and again Malaysia Visit
- 4 Reluctant Solo Traveler
- 5 One bag travel for honeymooners
- 6 Advanced Beauty Group - Best Country to Visit
- 7 What should my teenage boys wear in August in Italy
- 8 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 9 Where to keep important documents
- 10 Road Trip: - Venice - Florence - Rome
- 11 Last minute tips, specially in Southern Asia
- 12 Road Trip - Memphis, Savannah, and Charleston
- 13 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 14 Holiday to Florida
- 15 Sim Card Advice
- 16 To all of you who are responsible for hotel breakfast buffets!
- 17 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 18 First Timer: Traveling to Amsterdam Need advice
- 19 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 20 Minimalistic living for travel
- 21 Rain Boots
- 22 Schengen Visa
- 23 Surprise Trip to Paris
- 24 Fodor's Phrase App
- 25 Bad recommendation on Super shuttle Paris