So, I'd like to travel internationally this summer, and I'm not too picky about where I go. The main thing is that I'd like to keep my budget to about $2000. I don't mind CouchSurfing or staying in hostels to make that work! I also can pack really light, to avoid baggage fees. Any other tips on keeping expenses down?
I'd prefer to go somewhere I haven't been before (i.e. not North America, Western Europe, Australia/New Zealand, Thailand, Japan, Morocco, or Armenia), but I'd be willing to go back somewhere if I find a really good deal. I love the performing arts, history, spending time outdoors (especially in the mountains), meeting people, and seeing sights.
I may be traveling by myself, as a young, single female, so I'd like to go somewhere where this won't be too scary. I realize that that's subjective, though! I have traveled around Western Europe by myself, if that helps. I'm willing to go a bit out of my comfort zone, but don't want to do anything too extreme unless I can find someone to travel with.
I have pretty much all of June and July free, and can travel as long as I want to within that time frame, as long as I don't run out of cash.
So, give me ideas about where to go, and how to save money! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 California Zepher
- 2 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 3 Babymoon w/ toddler Fall Ideas (Zika)
- 4 Cautionary tale about ATM use
- 5 Where to go...April of 2018
- 6 6 day 5 night Honeymoon from US
- 7 Honeymoon ideas STAT
- 8 Looking for travel filmmakers to collaborate and travel together!
- 9 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 10 Airport robbery
- 11 Usefulness of a travel agent ?
- 12 New York City - Suite/Hotel
- 13 California Zepher (train)
- 14 Renewing a child's passport in 24 hours
- 15 Need Amalfi planning help
- 16 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 17 Travel towel?
- 18 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 19 Trip from Lecce, Italy to Pescara, Abruzzo.
- 20 suggestions to travel the world for 450 Days
- 21 Why Access to Services at Home should not affect your next trip
- 22 Early November Vacation Thoughts?
- 23 Nova Scotia & Cabot Trail
- 24 Road trip stops
- 25 Need Suggestions!!!!!