So, I'd like to travel internationally this summer, and I'm not too picky about where I go. The main thing is that I'd like to keep my budget to about $2000. I don't mind CouchSurfing or staying in hostels to make that work! I also can pack really light, to avoid baggage fees. Any other tips on keeping expenses down?
I'd prefer to go somewhere I haven't been before (i.e. not North America, Western Europe, Australia/New Zealand, Thailand, Japan, Morocco, or Armenia), but I'd be willing to go back somewhere if I find a really good deal. I love the performing arts, history, spending time outdoors (especially in the mountains), meeting people, and seeing sights.
I may be traveling by myself, as a young, single female, so I'd like to go somewhere where this won't be too scary. I realize that that's subjective, though! I have traveled around Western Europe by myself, if that helps. I'm willing to go a bit out of my comfort zone, but don't want to do anything too extreme unless I can find someone to travel with.
I have pretty much all of June and July free, and can travel as long as I want to within that time frame, as long as I don't run out of cash.
So, give me ideas about where to go, and how to save money! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Late October European Trek Adventure suggestions
- 2 7 Day in Tuscany Villa in Italy?
- 3 Travel Escort idea
- 4 7 days from Madrid to Barcelona
- 5 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 6 New England Fall Foliage
- 7 Driving up the coast from L to San Fran
- 8 Travel on a $2000 Budget
- 9 House/Pet Sitting travel
- 10 regain air ticket cost from travel insurance company
- 11 A week to go somewhere
- 12 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 13 Driving in Ireland
- 14 Nikon Coolpix L830angle camera - alternatives?
- 15 LAX to Dodger Stadium
- 16 Carrying your passport
- 17 Road trip or Train
- 18 Singapore or Disneyland Paris
- 19 Ideal Trip!
- 20 Daughter's Tour to korea
- 21 Inexpensive travel from Gothenburg or Copenhagen
- 22 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 23 Packing advice for fall trip to Europe
- 24 Where to go for short visit?
- 25 Help for my wife's 40th with her best friends