So, I'd like to travel internationally this summer, and I'm not too picky about where I go. The main thing is that I'd like to keep my budget to about $2000. I don't mind CouchSurfing or staying in hostels to make that work! I also can pack really light, to avoid baggage fees. Any other tips on keeping expenses down?
I'd prefer to go somewhere I haven't been before (i.e. not North America, Western Europe, Australia/New Zealand, Thailand, Japan, Morocco, or Armenia), but I'd be willing to go back somewhere if I find a really good deal. I love the performing arts, history, spending time outdoors (especially in the mountains), meeting people, and seeing sights.
I may be traveling by myself, as a young, single female, so I'd like to go somewhere where this won't be too scary. I realize that that's subjective, though! I have traveled around Western Europe by myself, if that helps. I'm willing to go a bit out of my comfort zone, but don't want to do anything too extreme unless I can find someone to travel with.
I have pretty much all of June and July free, and can travel as long as I want to within that time frame, as long as I don't run out of cash.
So, give me ideas about where to go, and how to save money! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Mommy Friendly Skin Care
- 2 http://www.healthyorder.org/trigger-xl-reviews/
- 3 Around the World - 28 Days!
- 4 Nice, France
- 5 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 6 Wildlife photography courses
- 7 Internet Banking Travel Payments
- 8 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 9 Well Needed Getaway
- 10 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 11 Trip to Greece
- 12 Cross-Country trip advice
- 13 Working with an agency
- 14 Ideas please for January trip, family of 5, for about $3000
- 15 Managing Travel Photographs
- 16 Daypack Recommendation
- 17 How do you 'handle' your digital photos when on a trip
- 18 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 19 51st Birthday Trip
- 20 RV traveling in a fifth wheel out West
- 21 THe case for linen
- 22 JFK from manhattan on marathon sunday
- 23 MS Slendida
- 24 currency app
- 25 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone