So, I'd like to travel internationally this summer, and I'm not too picky about where I go. The main thing is that I'd like to keep my budget to about $2000. I don't mind CouchSurfing or staying in hostels to make that work! I also can pack really light, to avoid baggage fees. Any other tips on keeping expenses down?
I'd prefer to go somewhere I haven't been before (i.e. not North America, Western Europe, Australia/New Zealand, Thailand, Japan, Morocco, or Armenia), but I'd be willing to go back somewhere if I find a really good deal. I love the performing arts, history, spending time outdoors (especially in the mountains), meeting people, and seeing sights.
I may be traveling by myself, as a young, single female, so I'd like to go somewhere where this won't be too scary. I realize that that's subjective, though! I have traveled around Western Europe by myself, if that helps. I'm willing to go a bit out of my comfort zone, but don't want to do anything too extreme unless I can find someone to travel with.
I have pretty much all of June and July free, and can travel as long as I want to within that time frame, as long as I don't run out of cash.
So, give me ideas about where to go, and how to save money! Thanks!
Travel on a $2000 Budget
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 December travel - where to go?
- 2 Friends Seeking Advice
- 3 Travel health insurance
- 4 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 5 Apple Pay is here, and it's revolutionary!
- 6 French gastronomy
- 7 India food Tours
- 8 Where would you go if you were us?
- 9 Home Exchanges
- 10 10 Days of travel help!
- 11 Please review our first YouTube Video of traveling adventure!
- 12 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 13 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 14 Where in the World Should We Go?
- 15 Website to map your trips?
- 16 Best places to give a travel talk / slide show in NYC?
- 17 Recommendations for Light-Weight, 4-Wheel, 22-in. Roll On.
- 18 Packing vitamins. Customs?
- 19 Best places to start...
- 20 Winter Sunshine
- 21 What's the best accommodation comparison site?
- 22 Private Guides - Cost question
- 23 Rome and amalfi coast
- 24 Around the World Ticket/Trips
- 25 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas