I need to purchase some travel insurance for an upcoming trip to Europe but would like some advice. We are looking for a middle range insurance that covers winter sports as we will be doing a couple of days snowboarding.
I have been looking at two companies...
Southern Cross Travel Insurance - they look quite good and the price is great however some of the policy limits seem lower than other companies. They say in the PDS that they cover medical emergencies for snowboarding/skiing etc but nothing about coverage for piste closure and bad weather. Reviews online look quite good. What are peoples reviews for SCTI on claiming (especially for claiming on snowboarding issues)?
Fast Cover - A little more expensive than SCTI but seem to have better coverage in all areas. I couldn't find many reviews online for this company so i was keen to find out what peoples experiences with Fast Cover are.
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 2 A most peculiar suitcase--it comes with shelves!
- 3 TravelAgent
- 4 Your Favorite Rain coat?
- 5 Paris city to Orly airport transport
- 6 Bad Experience
- 7 Egypt or Singapore ?
- 8 Business trip in early March
- 9 Mishap and Adventure studying English in Malta
- 10 Looking for clothing recommendations!
- 11 Family of 3-month long trip
- 12 Solo travel France / winter
- 13 What can i do to make Turkish airline to refund my unused tickets
- 14 Christmas warm weather
- 15 B. Hills/Badlands from Denver
- 16 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 17 SiobhanP Back looking for old Friends!
- 18 Detroit to Glacier National Park
- 19 Bruges or Copenhagen?!
- 20 Europe in December with a toddler - need to make plans ASAP
- 21 Want to go Munich
- 22 Rockies, Teton, Yellowstone, Glacier Parks
- 23 Road trip to Utah from CA
- 24 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 25 US (Road or Air) Trip Ideas for December