I need to purchase some travel insurance for an upcoming trip to Europe but would like some advice. We are looking for a middle range insurance that covers winter sports as we will be doing a couple of days snowboarding.
I have been looking at two companies...
Southern Cross Travel Insurance - they look quite good and the price is great however some of the policy limits seem lower than other companies. They say in the PDS that they cover medical emergencies for snowboarding/skiing etc but nothing about coverage for piste closure and bad weather. Reviews online look quite good. What are peoples reviews for SCTI on claiming (especially for claiming on snowboarding issues)?
Fast Cover - A little more expensive than SCTI but seem to have better coverage in all areas. I couldn't find many reviews online for this company so i was keen to find out what peoples experiences with Fast Cover are.
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Trip from Lecce, Italy to Pescara, Abruzzo.
- 2 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 3 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 4 suggestions to travel the world for 450 Days
- 5 Why Access to Services at Home should not affect your next trip
- 6 New York City - Suite/Hotel
- 7 Planning your next vacation
- 8 Need Suggestions!!!!!
- 9 Early November Vacation Thoughts?
- 10 Nova Scotia & Cabot Trail
- 11 Anti-pickpocket Tip
- 12 Road trip stops
- 13 Cautionary tale about ATM use
- 14 Travel towel?
- 15 Tips for tour guides on a week or longer trip
- 16 Favorite budget travel items?
- 17 Traveling with refrigerated medications
- 18 Basel - bern - niederwangen
- 19 Buying Russia train tickets
- 20 Exotic Travel Suggestions - May/June 2018
- 21 Travel Around Belgium with Side Trip to Amsterdam
- 22 Ecuador, Panama, or Costa Rica
- 23 Best Way 3 days Quebec City to Newark Airport
- 24 Phone services in Western Europe
- 25 All-in-One Universal Plug Adapter?