I need to purchase some travel insurance for an upcoming trip to Europe but would like some advice. We are looking for a middle range insurance that covers winter sports as we will be doing a couple of days snowboarding.
I have been looking at two companies...
Southern Cross Travel Insurance - they look quite good and the price is great however some of the policy limits seem lower than other companies. They say in the PDS that they cover medical emergencies for snowboarding/skiing etc but nothing about coverage for piste closure and bad weather. Reviews online look quite good. What are peoples reviews for SCTI on claiming (especially for claiming on snowboarding issues)?
Fast Cover - A little more expensive than SCTI but seem to have better coverage in all areas. I couldn't find many reviews online for this company so i was keen to find out what peoples experiences with Fast Cover are.
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Air B&B
- 2 Online Visas
- 3 Traveling with a smartphone
- 4 Anniversary trip
- 5 Learning vacations
- 6 Discounted luggage websites
- 7 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 8 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 9 Crossing Borders
- 10 Help? Where to go with an 18 year old boy?
- 11 Need Help: Winter US/Carrib Vacation Ideas
- 12 RDIF Security Bags/Wallets
- 13 Traveling long haul for the first time
- 14 Light weight Luggage
- 15 Carry-on Luggage
- 16 Which place would you like to travel ?
- 17 Transferring on an international flight
- 18 Accessing online banking while in Europe
- 19 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 20 AutoSlash and Hotel Tonight - Your Reviews
- 21 Thanksgiving week trip
- 22 Is there a company or website that compares SIM cards?
- 23 Around the World Ticket/Trips
- 24 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 25 Thrifty OHare parking