I recently had my luggage stolen from the luggage racks on the Eurostar train from London to Brussels. The Belgian police told me it was a big problem on that service however Eurostar - who have been shockingly unhelpful - naturally refute there is an issue. Since they don't have any incident reporting procedures they admit they cannot tell the extent of the problem. There is no security at Lille station so the thieves make off with the luggage when the train stops there. This does rather beg the question of why passengers have to go though baggage screening at London if anyone can jump on or off the train at Lille without being checked.... Please ensure you keep an eye on your luggage at all times as I don't want anyone else suffering the severe financial loss and inconvenience I've had to go through.
Theft Problem on Eurostar Trains
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 First Solo Trip -- Mid 20's Female --Where to go???
- 2 Useful travel apps
- 3 I need people to do a road trip to USA
- 4 Economy Class Seat: Bulkhead Row? (Boeing 777)
- 5 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 6 Road Scholar
- 7 Driving from New York to South Florida and staying over 1 night
- 8 Base city in England
- 9 Suggestions please
- 10 Credit Card FF Program Retention/Waive Fee
- 11 Checklist: What to Do Before You Go
- 12 What's your experience with groupon.com?
- 13 vow renewal
- 14 what size suitcase holds 40 pounds?
- 15 Spain and Morocco in 2 weeks
- 16 Solo Woman traveller ! Yes you TOO can make it.
- 17 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 18 Travel Agent: what to do if their cost is more than your research?
- 19 Do you know Torquay hotel in UK
- 20 Where to go for "Once in a lifetime vacation"?
- 21 Traveling tips during fall
- 22 Beach Wedding Location Ideas!
- 23 Ideas for Organizing Travel Information on iphone?
- 24 How much cash do you carry before a trip?
- 25 Home Exchanges