I recently had my luggage stolen from the luggage racks on the Eurostar train from London to Brussels. The Belgian police told me it was a big problem on that service however Eurostar - who have been shockingly unhelpful - naturally refute there is an issue. Since they don't have any incident reporting procedures they admit they cannot tell the extent of the problem. There is no security at Lille station so the thieves make off with the luggage when the train stops there. This does rather beg the question of why passengers have to go though baggage screening at London if anyone can jump on or off the train at Lille without being checked.... Please ensure you keep an eye on your luggage at all times as I don't want anyone else suffering the severe financial loss and inconvenience I've had to go through.
Theft Problem on Eurostar Trains
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Home security while traveling?
- 2 Affordable January Trip Ideas
- 3 US $ or local currency when booking hotel online?
- 4 Phone service
- 5 Where to go on multi-gen trip in Apr 2015 with2 & 6 year olds?
- 6 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 7 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 8 Want suggestion for Diwali tour place
- 9 Recommendations for Light-Weight, 4-Wheel, 22-in. Roll On.
- 10 Fall Road Trip
- 11 December 3 Week Vacation
- 12 San Francisco or San Diego
- 13 Luggage Help: Need a Luggage or Duffel at least 31" x 23" (78 x 57cm)
- 14 Home Exchanges
- 15 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 16 Groupon Cancellation/Transfer Option
- 17 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 18 6 weeks in the Americas during December
- 19 Shoes for round the world trip - suitable for hiking and running?
- 20 Scammers on Airbnb site
- 21 India food Tours
- 22 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 23 VPN? Witopia? If so, which?
- 24 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 25 Going to Costa Rica