I recently had my luggage stolen from the luggage racks on the Eurostar train from London to Brussels. The Belgian police told me it was a big problem on that service however Eurostar - who have been shockingly unhelpful - naturally refute there is an issue. Since they don't have any incident reporting procedures they admit they cannot tell the extent of the problem. There is no security at Lille station so the thieves make off with the luggage when the train stops there. This does rather beg the question of why passengers have to go though baggage screening at London if anyone can jump on or off the train at Lille without being checked.... Please ensure you keep an eye on your luggage at all times as I don't want anyone else suffering the severe financial loss and inconvenience I've had to go through.
Theft Problem on Eurostar Trains
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Best places to start...
- 2 10 Days of travel help!
- 3 My new blog for cooking, photography and traveling!
- 4 Friends Seeking Advice
- 5 French gastronomy
- 6 December travel - where to go?
- 7 Travel health insurance
- 8 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 9 Apple Pay is here, and it's revolutionary!
- 10 India food Tours
- 11 Where would you go if you were us?
- 12 Home Exchanges
- 13 Please review our first YouTube Video of traveling adventure!
- 14 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 15 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 16 Where in the World Should We Go?
- 17 Website to map your trips?
- 18 Best places to give a travel talk / slide show in NYC?
- 19 Recommendations for Light-Weight, 4-Wheel, 22-in. Roll On.
- 20 Packing vitamins. Customs?
- 21 Winter Sunshine
- 22 What's the best accommodation comparison site?
- 23 Private Guides - Cost question
- 24 Rome and amalfi coast
- 25 Around the World Ticket/Trips