I recently had my luggage stolen from the luggage racks on the Eurostar train from London to Brussels. The Belgian police told me it was a big problem on that service however Eurostar - who have been shockingly unhelpful - naturally refute there is an issue. Since they don't have any incident reporting procedures they admit they cannot tell the extent of the problem. There is no security at Lille station so the thieves make off with the luggage when the train stops there. This does rather beg the question of why passengers have to go though baggage screening at London if anyone can jump on or off the train at Lille without being checked.... Please ensure you keep an eye on your luggage at all times as I don't want anyone else suffering the severe financial loss and inconvenience I've had to go through.
Theft Problem on Eurostar Trains
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 mid December honeymoon in Europe
- 2 40th Birthday Trip
- 3 First Time Going to Europe - Ideas?
- 4 Waterproof spray
- 5 Honeymoon
- 6 Are these shoes too American looking?
- 7 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 8 Where to go over New Years?
- 9 Most Exotic and Adventurous Trip Possible
- 10 Help finding a beach resort w/ nightlife for a young couple!
- 11 my travel ignorance
- 12 Your favorite USA car rental company
- 13 Your Best Travel Tips
- 14 Northern Lights
- 15 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 16 Road trip along the east coast with tween & teen
- 17 First Trip To Japan and South Korea Solo!
- 18 Travel Insurance or not
- 19 Duffel size needed for 33lb limit
- 20 Economy PLus on United to China
- 21 Down or synthetic sleeping bag?
- 22 Light weight Luggage
- 23 3 weeks backpacking around Europe, how to call home?
- 24 Online Booking Agency- which one to use?
- 25 Teaching Abroad with Expiring Passport