I recently had my luggage stolen from the luggage racks on the Eurostar train from London to Brussels. The Belgian police told me it was a big problem on that service however Eurostar - who have been shockingly unhelpful - naturally refute there is an issue. Since they don't have any incident reporting procedures they admit they cannot tell the extent of the problem. There is no security at Lille station so the thieves make off with the luggage when the train stops there. This does rather beg the question of why passengers have to go though baggage screening at London if anyone can jump on or off the train at Lille without being checked.... Please ensure you keep an eye on your luggage at all times as I don't want anyone else suffering the severe financial loss and inconvenience I've had to go through.
Theft Problem on Eurostar Trains
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 two months away and mold problems.
- 2 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 3 French gastronomy
- 4 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 5 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 6 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 7 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 8 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 9 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 10 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!
- 11 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 12 10-14 days BKK, Udon Thani & Beach with kids
- 13 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 14 Winter Roadside Emergency Kit
- 15 Phone service
- 16 Does anyone have the Sparrow bag I read about in Sunday's LA Times?
- 17 10 Days of travel help!
- 18 Travel Agency Review for Trip to Spain
- 19 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 20 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 21 Re-checking bag after a layover.
- 22 Best places to start...
- 23 25th wedding anniv travel
- 24 Where in the World Should We Go?
- 25 Friends Seeking Advice