I recently had my luggage stolen from the luggage racks on the Eurostar train from London to Brussels. The Belgian police told me it was a big problem on that service however Eurostar - who have been shockingly unhelpful - naturally refute there is an issue. Since they don't have any incident reporting procedures they admit they cannot tell the extent of the problem. There is no security at Lille station so the thieves make off with the luggage when the train stops there. This does rather beg the question of why passengers have to go though baggage screening at London if anyone can jump on or off the train at Lille without being checked.... Please ensure you keep an eye on your luggage at all times as I don't want anyone else suffering the severe financial loss and inconvenience I've had to go through.
Theft Problem on Eurostar Trains
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Expedia Flight+Hotel
- 2 Car Rentals and dropping at another destination
- 3 Ideas for 40th Birthday
- 4 Where to travel?
- 5 How should I prepafe myself?
- 6 Travel Books for Kids?
- 7 never fly LIAT
- 8 All purpose soap
- 9 Andrews FCU card and Car Rental CDW
- 10 quiet getaways for older women
- 11 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 12 1-month trip idea for 3 guys in their 20s in June-July?
- 13 trip ideas in May...
- 14 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 15 Currency exchange, the best deal?
- 16 finding last minute packages
- 17 What is Meningitis? And does it require to travel to Saudia Arabia?
- 18 My Dream Trip Itinerary - What Do You Think?
- 19 Traditional Afternoon Tea, Best Fish and Chips in London
- 20 Best adventure/trek holiday ideas
- 21 What book should I read?
- 22 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 23 Road trip in Italy
- 24 Hostel suggestions
- 25 Help planning vacation to Vancouver, Seattle & San Juan islands