I recently had my luggage stolen from the luggage racks on the Eurostar train from London to Brussels. The Belgian police told me it was a big problem on that service however Eurostar - who have been shockingly unhelpful - naturally refute there is an issue. Since they don't have any incident reporting procedures they admit they cannot tell the extent of the problem. There is no security at Lille station so the thieves make off with the luggage when the train stops there. This does rather beg the question of why passengers have to go though baggage screening at London if anyone can jump on or off the train at Lille without being checked.... Please ensure you keep an eye on your luggage at all times as I don't want anyone else suffering the severe financial loss and inconvenience I've had to go through.
Theft Problem on Eurostar Trains
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 2 2 Week Trip for Newleywed's - Adventure and Beach
- 3 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 4 Visa expiration and re entry
- 5 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 6 Dual time zone watches
- 7 Rovia booking engine
- 8 Packing Help - What to take
- 9 Places to travel in June or July
- 10 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 11 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 12 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 13 Website for good hotel rates?
- 14 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 15 What color nail polish in France
- 16 Travel Clothing
- 17 advance single 1st class rail travel with virgin trains
- 18 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 19 Where to go - Mexico, Dominican Republic, Cuba or Cape Verde???
- 20 Looking for travel app (iOS) to map my custom walking tour...
- 21 AVIS' car rental Dirty Tricks
- 22 Getting a Second Passport
- 23 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam
- 24 Suggestions for a trip?
- 25 Advice to use ATM promptly at arrival airport?