I recently had my luggage stolen from the luggage racks on the Eurostar train from London to Brussels. The Belgian police told me it was a big problem on that service however Eurostar - who have been shockingly unhelpful - naturally refute there is an issue. Since they don't have any incident reporting procedures they admit they cannot tell the extent of the problem. There is no security at Lille station so the thieves make off with the luggage when the train stops there. This does rather beg the question of why passengers have to go though baggage screening at London if anyone can jump on or off the train at Lille without being checked.... Please ensure you keep an eye on your luggage at all times as I don't want anyone else suffering the severe financial loss and inconvenience I've had to go through.
Theft Problem on Eurostar Trains
View all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Questions about car rentals?
- 2 great travel food sharing website!
- 3 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 4 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 5 Where to go on Christmas?
- 6 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 7 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 8 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 9 europe In January
- 10 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 11 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 12 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 13 Holiday Travel Plans
- 14 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 15 Purchasing a flight with someone else's frequent flyer points
- 16 Which Hotel is near to Northern arizona university, Flagstaff
- 17 Help with honeymoon destination
- 18 places to stop and stretch.
- 19 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 20 Travel with or without kids ?
- 21 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 22 7 days European trip with kids- suggestions needed
- 23 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 24 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 25 Where to Stay in solomon island ?