I recently had my luggage stolen from the luggage racks on the Eurostar train from London to Brussels. The Belgian police told me it was a big problem on that service however Eurostar - who have been shockingly unhelpful - naturally refute there is an issue. Since they don't have any incident reporting procedures they admit they cannot tell the extent of the problem. There is no security at Lille station so the thieves make off with the luggage when the train stops there. This does rather beg the question of why passengers have to go though baggage screening at London if anyone can jump on or off the train at Lille without being checked.... Please ensure you keep an eye on your luggage at all times as I don't want anyone else suffering the severe financial loss and inconvenience I've had to go through.
Theft Problem on Eurostar Trains
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Where would you go if you were us?
- 2 Air B&B
- 3 Online Visas
- 4 Traveling with a smartphone
- 5 Anniversary trip
- 6 Learning vacations
- 7 Discounted luggage websites
- 8 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 9 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 10 Crossing Borders
- 11 Help? Where to go with an 18 year old boy?
- 12 Need Help: Winter US/Carrib Vacation Ideas
- 13 RDIF Security Bags/Wallets
- 14 Traveling long haul for the first time
- 15 Light weight Luggage
- 16 Carry-on Luggage
- 17 Which place would you like to travel ?
- 18 Transferring on an international flight
- 19 Accessing online banking while in Europe
- 20 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 21 AutoSlash and Hotel Tonight - Your Reviews
- 22 Thanksgiving week trip
- 23 Is there a company or website that compares SIM cards?
- 24 Around the World Ticket/Trips
- 25 Hotel bidding site recommendations.