I recently had my luggage stolen from the luggage racks on the Eurostar train from London to Brussels. The Belgian police told me it was a big problem on that service however Eurostar - who have been shockingly unhelpful - naturally refute there is an issue. Since they don't have any incident reporting procedures they admit they cannot tell the extent of the problem. There is no security at Lille station so the thieves make off with the luggage when the train stops there. This does rather beg the question of why passengers have to go though baggage screening at London if anyone can jump on or off the train at Lille without being checked.... Please ensure you keep an eye on your luggage at all times as I don't want anyone else suffering the severe financial loss and inconvenience I've had to go through.
Theft Problem on Eurostar Trains
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 2 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 3 London, Amsterdam, Munich, and Barcelona in 17 days?
- 4 30th Birthday Trip Ideas!
- 5 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 6 Packing Bottles of Gin in Checked Luggage
- 7 Where is it that's warm, dry and intellectual?
- 8 Best adventure/trek holiday ideas
- 9 quiet getaways for older women
- 10 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 11 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 12 Torn between Trips
- 13 Ohhhh where to go next!
- 14 Groupon Getaways
- 15 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 16 Will pollution wreck my Beijing dreams ?
- 17 Road Trip from Boston to North Carolina
- 18 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 19 Carrying a smartphone
- 20 Health insurance for one month visit to USA
- 21 Keeping yourself safe while abroad
- 22 40th birthday trip with my husband
- 23 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 24 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 25 Saying hello to all the disc golf playing travelers!