I recently had my luggage stolen from the luggage racks on the Eurostar train from London to Brussels. The Belgian police told me it was a big problem on that service however Eurostar - who have been shockingly unhelpful - naturally refute there is an issue. Since they don't have any incident reporting procedures they admit they cannot tell the extent of the problem. There is no security at Lille station so the thieves make off with the luggage when the train stops there. This does rather beg the question of why passengers have to go though baggage screening at London if anyone can jump on or off the train at Lille without being checked.... Please ensure you keep an eye on your luggage at all times as I don't want anyone else suffering the severe financial loss and inconvenience I've had to go through.
Theft Problem on Eurostar Trains
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 India food Tours
- 2 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 3 Groupon Cancellation/Transfer Option
- 4 Scammers on Airbnb site
- 5 VPN? Witopia? If so, which?
- 6 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 7 Going to Costa Rica
- 8 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 9 Air B&B
- 10 Single supplements
- 11 Has anyone used Autoslash?
- 12 Discounted luggage websites
- 13 Should I book through Luxury Link?
- 14 Could I fit all this into a 3 week road trip?
- 15 Travel eruope early November this year
- 16 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 17 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 18 Traveling long haul for the first time
- 19 Thanksgiving week trip
- 20 Where would you go if you were us?
- 21 Anniversary trip
- 22 Shoes for round the world trip - suitable for hiking and running?
- 23 Help? Where to go with an 18 year old boy?
- 24 A Killer Whale Spectacle in Nice
- 25 Online Visas