I recently had my luggage stolen from the luggage racks on the Eurostar train from London to Brussels. The Belgian police told me it was a big problem on that service however Eurostar - who have been shockingly unhelpful - naturally refute there is an issue. Since they don't have any incident reporting procedures they admit they cannot tell the extent of the problem. There is no security at Lille station so the thieves make off with the luggage when the train stops there. This does rather beg the question of why passengers have to go though baggage screening at London if anyone can jump on or off the train at Lille without being checked.... Please ensure you keep an eye on your luggage at all times as I don't want anyone else suffering the severe financial loss and inconvenience I've had to go through.
Theft Problem on Eurostar Trains
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Baggage
- 2 Torn between Trips
- 3 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 4 40th birthday trip with my husband
- 5 Will pollution wreck my Beijing dreams ?
- 6 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 7 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 8 Saying hello to all the disc golf playing travelers!
- 9 50th birthday in January destination
- 10 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 11 Banks that do not charge foreign ATM fees
- 12 Discounted luggage websites
- 13 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 14 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 15 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 16 Carrying a smartphone
- 17 Bad recommendation on Super shuttle Paris
- 18 Advice about a cycling holiday
- 19 Best Time to Purchase Flights
- 20 22 hours layover in London Heathrow
- 21 Groupon Getaways
- 22 Rain Boots
- 23 Travel Books for Kids?
- 24 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 25 Ideas for 40th Birthday