We had a thread some time ago about how big your ecological footprint is. Here is an index that shows how "happy" people are around the world. This takes several things into consideration like ecological impact, life expectancy, life satisfaction etc. Here is a quote from the web page
The Happy Planet Index (HPI) is an innovative new measure that shows the ecological efficiency with which human well-being is delivered around the world. It is the first ever index to combine environmental impact with well-being to measure the environmental efficiency with which country by country, people live long and happy lives. The results are surprising, even shocking, but there is much to learn from what they show
Here is the link: http://www.happyplanetindex.org/index.htm
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
The happy planet index
- 1 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 2 Where to go on Christmas?
- 3 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 4 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 5 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 6 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 7 europe In January
- 8 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 9 My friend Josh Yudell is planning for a trip to Switzerland,
- 10 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 11 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 12 Holiday Travel Plans
- 13 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 14 Purchasing a flight with someone else's frequent flyer points
- 15 Which Hotel is near to Northern arizona university, Flagstaff
- 16 Help with honeymoon destination
- 17 places to stop and stretch.
- 18 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 19 Travel with or without kids ?
- 20 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 21 7 days European trip with kids- suggestions needed
- 22 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 23 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 24 Where to Stay in solomon island ?
- 25 Your Best Travel Tips