We had a thread some time ago about how big your ecological footprint is. Here is an index that shows how "happy" people are around the world. This takes several things into consideration like ecological impact, life expectancy, life satisfaction etc. Here is a quote from the web page
The Happy Planet Index (HPI) is an innovative new measure that shows the ecological efficiency with which human well-being is delivered around the world. It is the first ever index to combine environmental impact with well-being to measure the environmental efficiency with which country by country, people live long and happy lives. The results are surprising, even shocking, but there is much to learn from what they show
Here is the link: http://www.happyplanetindex.org/index.htm
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Family trip from London to Greece.
- 2 Bali Or Italy/Greece
- 3 Packing a family of 8 in a minivan for an out of state camping trip
- 4 How to Avoid Pickpockets in Paris
- 5 Husband's 40th Birthday
- 6 Advice for traveling with leg/hip pain
- 7 multi-destinations with multi-type travel
- 8 5 Best travel apps? (open)
- 9 When to introduce kids to international travel?
- 10 Not quite sure where to go yet...
- 11 South Italy Trip Ideas
- 12 Ipad apps for travel in germany
- 13 Travel Bangkok to Songkhla
- 14 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 15 Daypack Recommendation
- 16 Grand Luxury Hotels
- 17 YQG to PMO on AC with connection in FCO on Alitalia
- 18 Where to go with an infant?
- 19 Retrieving Voice Mail abroad - Help me
- 20 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 21 Where is the most expensive hotel in the world?
- 22 3 kids under 5 - where to go from Cali
- 23 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 24 Baggage transfers - two separate bookings but same airlines
- 25 Trip ideas for 4 yo, 2 yo, and infant?