We had a thread some time ago about how big your ecological footprint is. Here is an index that shows how "happy" people are around the world. This takes several things into consideration like ecological impact, life expectancy, life satisfaction etc. Here is a quote from the web page
The Happy Planet Index (HPI) is an innovative new measure that shows the ecological efficiency with which human well-being is delivered around the world. It is the first ever index to combine environmental impact with well-being to measure the environmental efficiency with which country by country, people live long and happy lives. The results are surprising, even shocking, but there is much to learn from what they show
Here is the link: http://www.happyplanetindex.org/index.htm
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Do you get your expired passport back?
- 2 Museum exhibitions
- 3 A problem with booking.com
- 4 First solo trip, where should I visit?
- 5 Best way to find new things to do in new city/country?
- 6 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 7 Best time to purchase ticket on British Air
- 8 Wheeled duffle options
- 9 Grad trip: African Safari vs. Europe
- 10 Fodor's: Please Stop with the Obnoxious Ads
- 11 Newbie Using Whats App
- 12 TripIt App?
- 13 Watch Out! There are VRBO.com Fees!
- 14 Money transfer
- 15 Itinerary Planning Apps
- 16 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 17 In search of international vacation ideas with toddler from NYC
- 18 Passport signature
- 19 Need advice! First time to Ireland, 10 day itinerary set
- 20 Switzerland-Paris10 days trip...queries
- 21 St. Louis MO to Yellowstone
- 22 May or June trip ideas with 2 adult children
- 23 Outdoorsy but with shopping
- 24 Travel ideas near spring break?
- 25 VANCOUVER/ SEATTLE ROAD TRIP