We had a thread some time ago about how big your ecological footprint is. Here is an index that shows how "happy" people are around the world. This takes several things into consideration like ecological impact, life expectancy, life satisfaction etc. Here is a quote from the web page
The Happy Planet Index (HPI) is an innovative new measure that shows the ecological efficiency with which human well-being is delivered around the world. It is the first ever index to combine environmental impact with well-being to measure the environmental efficiency with which country by country, people live long and happy lives. The results are surprising, even shocking, but there is much to learn from what they show
Here is the link: http://www.happyplanetindex.org/index.htm
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Money belt/hidden pocket
- 2 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 3 Airbnb / Horrible Experience!
- 4 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 5 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 6 Where to find volunteer work or hosteltrave job in the world
- 7 What do you pack in your toiletries bag?
- 8 I really want to experience the northern lights
- 9 40th Birthday Celebration
- 10 Should I use a travel agent?
- 11 Where in the world can I make my dream, reality?
- 12 What Resources Do You Use to Book Complicated Trips?
- 13 Road trip from Denver or Salt Lake City?
- 14 Difficult Decisions!!
- 15 Oceanfront Location - where in the world?
- 16 HoneyMoon - january
- 17 Glacier National Park Trip
- 18 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 19 Road map- European
- 20 Travel idea for a 1 year old
- 21 Malaga Ave fast train- M Zambrano Train Station car return
- 22 xmas anywhere in europe
- 23 Need advice for Asia trip
- 24 Family Italy
- 25 Big Island vs Maui