We had a thread some time ago about how big your ecological footprint is. Here is an index that shows how "happy" people are around the world. This takes several things into consideration like ecological impact, life expectancy, life satisfaction etc. Here is a quote from the web page
The Happy Planet Index (HPI) is an innovative new measure that shows the ecological efficiency with which human well-being is delivered around the world. It is the first ever index to combine environmental impact with well-being to measure the environmental efficiency with which country by country, people live long and happy lives. The results are surprising, even shocking, but there is much to learn from what they show
Here is the link: http://www.happyplanetindex.org/index.htm
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 http://www.healthdietalert.com/max-muscle-xtreme/
- 2 Travel towel?
- 3 Trip from Lecce, Italy to Pescara, Abruzzo.
- 4 Cross Country Greyhound Trip
- 5 Tips for tour guides on a week or longer trip
- 6 Traving to Barcelona Spain
- 7 Fan 220v or dual volt for travel
- 8 Las Vegas to page the Grand Canyon to Phoenix
- 9 Train ride from Florida to Alaska
- 10 Do any of you have Away luggage?
- 11 Favorite budget travel items?
- 12 One way to and one way back home?
- 13 Irish Pubs and other Fun Things
- 14 Holiday ideas urgently needed for mother and daughter holiday
- 15 Connection Time for Dulles
- 16 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 17 Ideas for road trip, South Florida up to Charleston, SC
- 18 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 19 Solo travel in Europe as a 18 year old female
- 20 Road trip Houston to Creede Colorado
- 21 9 days trip start from Turin, Italy
- 22 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 23 4hrs layover at miami international airport enough?
- 24 Fliip Key vs VRBO
- 25 Question about USD Value in Other Countrues