We had a thread some time ago about how big your ecological footprint is. Here is an index that shows how "happy" people are around the world. This takes several things into consideration like ecological impact, life expectancy, life satisfaction etc. Here is a quote from the web page
The Happy Planet Index (HPI) is an innovative new measure that shows the ecological efficiency with which human well-being is delivered around the world. It is the first ever index to combine environmental impact with well-being to measure the environmental efficiency with which country by country, people live long and happy lives. The results are surprising, even shocking, but there is much to learn from what they show
Here is the link: http://www.happyplanetindex.org/index.htm
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 What makes flying first class worth it?
- 2 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 3 Travel Tips in the Philippines
- 4 Ideas for a Christmas Trip
- 5 Ask for advices for 10 days trip in Southeast Asia
- 6 Credit Card Travel Protection insurance - did anyone used it?
- 7 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 8 Mishap and Adventure studying English in Malta
- 9 7-10 day trip ideas with kid/teen
- 10 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 11 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 12 Early trip planning
- 13 Something different for family of 6
- 14 Amtrak's AutoTrain - yes or no?
- 15 Best site for last minute travel packages?
- 16 Europe or Asia??? Best Honeymoon destination in February
- 17 Help for my wife's 40th with her best friends
- 18 Where oh where are we going to go?
- 19 Late December, early January travel
- 20 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 21 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 22 Nice, France
- 23 Finding deals based on departure location
- 24 St croix or Cancun HELP!
- 25 Turkey - Best Route and Mode of Travel