The first forum I made worked so well, I thought I'd give it another go for yet another traveling topic! In the fall, I am planning on going to Budapest, Hungary for about 6-8 months to teach English. I am working on finding a way to get TEFL certified sometime soon, but if I don't have the time to do it before I leave, I will be getting certified while I'm in Budapest.
With that said, I have nothing to do from when I graduate to when I would be leaving for Hungary! I want to work in order to make and save money, but I also want to travel and gain experience teaching. So, I have been thinking of scheduling a short trip abroad to teach English during the summertime. I have been researching online looking for programs for students/recent graduates that allow the student to travel abroad (anywhere) for just a few short weeks (3-4), teach in a school and get paid for it. I have found a few, but am wondering if any of you know of any great programs like this. I'm sure an application process is necessary to even get into these programs, but I am willing to apply wherever.
If any of you could be of any help, I would greatly appreciate it! Hope to hear from you soon and thanks so much for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 It's buy a bag time. Help!
- 2 Tom Harper River Cruise Company?
- 3 Malaysia to Thailand and again Malaysia Visit
- 4 Vacation Destinations for a Large Family
- 5 Reluctant Solo Traveler
- 6 One bag travel for honeymooners
- 7 Advanced Beauty Group - Best Country to Visit
- 8 What should my teenage boys wear in August in Italy
- 9 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 10 Where to keep important documents
- 11 Road Trip: - Venice - Florence - Rome
- 12 Last minute tips, specially in Southern Asia
- 13 Road Trip - Memphis, Savannah, and Charleston
- 14 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 15 Holiday to Florida
- 16 Sim Card Advice
- 17 To all of you who are responsible for hotel breakfast buffets!
- 18 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 19 First Timer: Traveling to Amsterdam Need advice
- 20 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 21 Minimalistic living for travel
- 22 Rain Boots
- 23 Schengen Visa
- 24 Surprise Trip to Paris
- 25 Fodor's Phrase App