The first forum I made worked so well, I thought I'd give it another go for yet another traveling topic! In the fall, I am planning on going to Budapest, Hungary for about 6-8 months to teach English. I am working on finding a way to get TEFL certified sometime soon, but if I don't have the time to do it before I leave, I will be getting certified while I'm in Budapest.
With that said, I have nothing to do from when I graduate to when I would be leaving for Hungary! I want to work in order to make and save money, but I also want to travel and gain experience teaching. So, I have been thinking of scheduling a short trip abroad to teach English during the summertime. I have been researching online looking for programs for students/recent graduates that allow the student to travel abroad (anywhere) for just a few short weeks (3-4), teach in a school and get paid for it. I have found a few, but am wondering if any of you know of any great programs like this. I'm sure an application process is necessary to even get into these programs, but I am willing to apply wherever.
If any of you could be of any help, I would greatly appreciate it! Hope to hear from you soon and thanks so much for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Money belt/hidden pocket
- 2 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 3 Where to find volunteer work or hosteltrave job in the world
- 4 What do you pack in your toiletries bag?
- 5 I really want to experience the northern lights
- 6 40th Birthday Celebration
- 7 Should I use a travel agent?
- 8 Where in the world can I make my dream, reality?
- 9 What Resources Do You Use to Book Complicated Trips?
- 10 Road trip from Denver or Salt Lake City?
- 11 Difficult Decisions!!
- 12 Oceanfront Location - where in the world?
- 13 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 14 HoneyMoon - january
- 15 Glacier National Park Trip
- 16 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 17 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 18 Road map- European
- 19 Travel idea for a 1 year old
- 20 Malaga Ave fast train- M Zambrano Train Station car return
- 21 xmas anywhere in europe
- 22 Need advice for Asia trip
- 23 Family Italy
- 24 Big Island vs Maui
- 25 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?