The first forum I made worked so well, I thought I'd give it another go for yet another traveling topic! In the fall, I am planning on going to Budapest, Hungary for about 6-8 months to teach English. I am working on finding a way to get TEFL certified sometime soon, but if I don't have the time to do it before I leave, I will be getting certified while I'm in Budapest.
With that said, I have nothing to do from when I graduate to when I would be leaving for Hungary! I want to work in order to make and save money, but I also want to travel and gain experience teaching. So, I have been thinking of scheduling a short trip abroad to teach English during the summertime. I have been researching online looking for programs for students/recent graduates that allow the student to travel abroad (anywhere) for just a few short weeks (3-4), teach in a school and get paid for it. I have found a few, but am wondering if any of you know of any great programs like this. I'm sure an application process is necessary to even get into these programs, but I am willing to apply wherever.
If any of you could be of any help, I would greatly appreciate it! Hope to hear from you soon and thanks so much for your time.
Teaching Abroad Advice Needed!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 40th Birthday Trip
- 2 First Time Going to Europe - Ideas?
- 3 Honeymoon
- 4 Are these shoes too American looking?
- 5 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 6 Where to go over New Years?
- 7 Most Exotic and Adventurous Trip Possible
- 8 Help finding a beach resort w/ nightlife for a young couple!
- 9 my travel ignorance
- 10 Your favorite USA car rental company
- 11 Your Best Travel Tips
- 12 Northern Lights
- 13 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 14 Road trip along the east coast with tween & teen
- 15 First Trip To Japan and South Korea Solo!
- 16 Travel Insurance or not
- 17 Duffel size needed for 33lb limit
- 18 Economy PLus on United to China
- 19 Down or synthetic sleeping bag?
- 20 Light weight Luggage
- 21 3 weeks backpacking around Europe, how to call home?
- 22 Online Booking Agency- which one to use?
- 23 Teaching Abroad with Expiring Passport
- 24 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 25 Favorite airline and hotel booking sites