The first forum I made worked so well, I thought I'd give it another go for yet another traveling topic! In the fall, I am planning on going to Budapest, Hungary for about 6-8 months to teach English. I am working on finding a way to get TEFL certified sometime soon, but if I don't have the time to do it before I leave, I will be getting certified while I'm in Budapest.
With that said, I have nothing to do from when I graduate to when I would be leaving for Hungary! I want to work in order to make and save money, but I also want to travel and gain experience teaching. So, I have been thinking of scheduling a short trip abroad to teach English during the summertime. I have been researching online looking for programs for students/recent graduates that allow the student to travel abroad (anywhere) for just a few short weeks (3-4), teach in a school and get paid for it. I have found a few, but am wondering if any of you know of any great programs like this. I'm sure an application process is necessary to even get into these programs, but I am willing to apply wherever.
If any of you could be of any help, I would greatly appreciate it! Hope to hear from you soon and thanks so much for your time.
Teaching Abroad Advice Needed!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Light weight Luggage
- 2 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 3 Carry-on Luggage
- 4 RDIF Security Bags/Wallets
- 5 Help? Where to go with an 18 year old boy?
- 6 Traveling with a smartphone
- 7 Which place would you like to travel ?
- 8 Transferring on an international flight
- 9 Need Help: Winter US/Carrib Vacation Ideas
- 10 Accessing online banking while in Europe
- 11 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 12 AutoSlash and Hotel Tonight - Your Reviews
- 13 Thanksgiving week trip
- 14 Is there a company or website that compares SIM cards?
- 15 Around the World Ticket/Trips
- 16 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 17 Thrifty OHare parking
- 18 Saving money travelling the world
- 19 Family Holiday in Turkey-with three kids aged 12,10 & 7
- 20 Hitchhiking robot - way cool!
- 21 Anyone Tried US CBP's Mobile Passport Program at ATL?
- 22 Discounted luggage websites
- 23 First Time Going to Europe - Ideas?
- 24 New York, Vegas or the Carribean
- 25 Buddies Turning 40 - Where to Go?