So, I'm going alone to Nice for language course for 12 weeks. And I will be visiting Amsterdam, Rome, Paris, etc during that period. I will bring my Sony A300 DSLR camera as well as my Sony T2 compact digital camera in my daypack when visiting those cities.
My question is what are the best and safest ways for me to take pictures of me with the background of the city? Do I need to bring tripod so that I can pose in front of a background while setting the camera on timer?
This seems like a rather silly question, but I can't find any advise or information about it in travel guides. My main concern is theft if I'm handing my camera to people on the street to take my pictures (especially in big cities). And moreover, this is my first time traveling to Europe. So, any suggestion or advise is most welcomed.
Thanks in advance!
Taking Photos of Oneself by Solo Traveler
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 2 Rovia booking engine
- 3 Visa expiration and re entry
- 4 Places to travel in June or July
- 5 Packing Help - What to take
- 6 Jacket with pockets
- 7 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 8 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 9 2 Week Trip for Newleywed's - Adventure and Beach
- 10 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 11 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 12 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 13 Dual time zone watches
- 14 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 15 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 16 Website for good hotel rates?
- 17 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 18 What color nail polish in France
- 19 Travel Clothing
- 20 advance single 1st class rail travel with virgin trains
- 21 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 22 Where to go - Mexico, Dominican Republic, Cuba or Cape Verde???
- 23 Looking for travel app (iOS) to map my custom walking tour...
- 24 AVIS' car rental Dirty Tricks
- 25 Getting a Second Passport