So, I'm going alone to Nice for language course for 12 weeks. And I will be visiting Amsterdam, Rome, Paris, etc during that period. I will bring my Sony A300 DSLR camera as well as my Sony T2 compact digital camera in my daypack when visiting those cities.
My question is what are the best and safest ways for me to take pictures of me with the background of the city? Do I need to bring tripod so that I can pose in front of a background while setting the camera on timer?
This seems like a rather silly question, but I can't find any advise or information about it in travel guides. My main concern is theft if I'm handing my camera to people on the street to take my pictures (especially in big cities). And moreover, this is my first time traveling to Europe. So, any suggestion or advise is most welcomed.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Bad Experience
- 2 Egypt or Singapore ?
- 3 Business trip in early March
- 4 Mishap and Adventure studying English in Malta
- 5 Looking for clothing recommendations!
- 6 Family of 3-month long trip
- 7 Your Favorite Rain coat?
- 8 Solo travel France / winter
- 9 What can i do to make Turkish airline to refund my unused tickets
- 10 Christmas warm weather
- 11 B. Hills/Badlands from Denver
- 12 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 13 SiobhanP Back looking for old Friends!
- 14 Detroit to Glacier National Park
- 15 Bruges or Copenhagen?!
- 16 Europe in December with a toddler - need to make plans ASAP
- 17 Want to go Munich
- 18 Rockies, Teton, Yellowstone, Glacier Parks
- 19 Road trip to Utah from CA
- 20 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 21 US (Road or Air) Trip Ideas for December
- 22 Credit Card Travel Protection insurance - did anyone used it?
- 23 What makes flying first class worth it?
- 24 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 25 Ideas for a Christmas Trip