So, I'm going alone to Nice for language course for 12 weeks. And I will be visiting Amsterdam, Rome, Paris, etc during that period. I will bring my Sony A300 DSLR camera as well as my Sony T2 compact digital camera in my daypack when visiting those cities.
My question is what are the best and safest ways for me to take pictures of me with the background of the city? Do I need to bring tripod so that I can pose in front of a background while setting the camera on timer?
This seems like a rather silly question, but I can't find any advise or information about it in travel guides. My main concern is theft if I'm handing my camera to people on the street to take my pictures (especially in big cities). And moreover, this is my first time traveling to Europe. So, any suggestion or advise is most welcomed.
Thanks in advance!
Taking Photos of Oneself by Solo Traveler
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 two months away and mold problems.
- 2 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 3 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 4 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 5 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 6 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 7 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 8 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 9 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!
- 10 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 11 10-14 days BKK, Udon Thani & Beach with kids
- 12 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 13 Winter Roadside Emergency Kit
- 14 Phone service
- 15 Does anyone have the Sparrow bag I read about in Sunday's LA Times?
- 16 10 Days of travel help!
- 17 Travel Agency Review for Trip to Spain
- 18 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 19 French gastronomy
- 20 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 21 Re-checking bag after a layover.
- 22 Best places to start...
- 23 25th wedding anniv travel
- 24 Where in the World Should We Go?
- 25 Friends Seeking Advice