So, I'm going alone to Nice for language course for 12 weeks. And I will be visiting Amsterdam, Rome, Paris, etc during that period. I will bring my Sony A300 DSLR camera as well as my Sony T2 compact digital camera in my daypack when visiting those cities.
My question is what are the best and safest ways for me to take pictures of me with the background of the city? Do I need to bring tripod so that I can pose in front of a background while setting the camera on timer?
This seems like a rather silly question, but I can't find any advise or information about it in travel guides. My main concern is theft if I'm handing my camera to people on the street to take my pictures (especially in big cities). And moreover, this is my first time traveling to Europe. So, any suggestion or advise is most welcomed.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Short Notice Solo Travel
- 2 4 week travel with teens
- 3 Cautionary tale about ATM use
- 4 What to do on long flights?
- 5 Beware of HolidayCars.com
- 6 One month free to travel in February
- 7 Packing for Safari in Kenya
- 8 Honeymoon Destination
- 9 How to find the best adventure tour
- 10 If UK visit visa works for Europe too!
- 11 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 12 How do you like my plan for a gap year?
- 13 Destination suggestion, departing from Vegas and returning to Detroit
- 14 How to travel with only carry on...with a baby
- 15 Feb - a week get away for 2 couples
- 16 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 17 Need Amalfi planning help
- 18 Where to go...April of 2018
- 19 Why Access to Services at Home should not affect your next trip
- 20 California Zepher
- 21 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 22 Babymoon w/ toddler Fall Ideas (Zika)
- 23 6 day 5 night Honeymoon from US
- 24 Honeymoon ideas STAT
- 25 Looking for travel filmmakers to collaborate and travel together!