So, I'm going alone to Nice for language course for 12 weeks. And I will be visiting Amsterdam, Rome, Paris, etc during that period. I will bring my Sony A300 DSLR camera as well as my Sony T2 compact digital camera in my daypack when visiting those cities.
My question is what are the best and safest ways for me to take pictures of me with the background of the city? Do I need to bring tripod so that I can pose in front of a background while setting the camera on timer?
This seems like a rather silly question, but I can't find any advise or information about it in travel guides. My main concern is theft if I'm handing my camera to people on the street to take my pictures (especially in big cities). And moreover, this is my first time traveling to Europe. So, any suggestion or advise is most welcomed.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Accommodation San Sebastian
- 2 We are here! Moscow!
- 3 Babymoon destination. HELP!!
- 4 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 5 Greece-Paros or Meteora?
- 6 New Traveller
- 7 Terrified traveller
- 8 Early trip planning
- 9 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 10 First time travelling outside the USA
- 11 First time traveler
- 12 Camera recommendations for wildlife photography
- 13 Help Selecting Destination for 40 Birthday Group Trip
- 14 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 15 Tips on itinerary for 2 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 16 Traveling to NW Italy (Aosta)
- 17 SIXT car rental in US
- 18 Chef for Turks and Caicos
- 19 3 weeks in Siena Italy
- 20 April - Crete v Canaries? & Pregnant!
- 21 Visit to usa
- 22 insect repellent bracelets
- 23 Top travel destinations 2017
- 24 Your Favorite Rain coat?
- 25 Best place in March to travel with kids