So, I'm going alone to Nice for language course for 12 weeks. And I will be visiting Amsterdam, Rome, Paris, etc during that period. I will bring my Sony A300 DSLR camera as well as my Sony T2 compact digital camera in my daypack when visiting those cities.
My question is what are the best and safest ways for me to take pictures of me with the background of the city? Do I need to bring tripod so that I can pose in front of a background while setting the camera on timer?
This seems like a rather silly question, but I can't find any advise or information about it in travel guides. My main concern is theft if I'm handing my camera to people on the street to take my pictures (especially in big cities). And moreover, this is my first time traveling to Europe. So, any suggestion or advise is most welcomed.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Private Tour Guide in Israel
- 2 Late October European Trek Adventure suggestions
- 3 7 Day in Tuscany Villa in Italy?
- 4 Travel Escort idea
- 5 7 days from Madrid to Barcelona
- 6 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 7 New England Fall Foliage
- 8 Driving up the coast from L to San Fran
- 9 Travel on a $2000 Budget
- 10 House/Pet Sitting travel
- 11 regain air ticket cost from travel insurance company
- 12 A week to go somewhere
- 13 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 14 Driving in Ireland
- 15 Nikon Coolpix L830angle camera - alternatives?
- 16 LAX to Dodger Stadium
- 17 Carrying your passport
- 18 Road trip or Train
- 19 Singapore or Disneyland Paris
- 20 Ideal Trip!
- 21 Daughter's Tour to korea
- 22 Inexpensive travel from Gothenburg or Copenhagen
- 23 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 24 Packing advice for fall trip to Europe
- 25 Where to go for short visit?