So, I'm going alone to Nice for language course for 12 weeks. And I will be visiting Amsterdam, Rome, Paris, etc during that period. I will bring my Sony A300 DSLR camera as well as my Sony T2 compact digital camera in my daypack when visiting those cities.
My question is what are the best and safest ways for me to take pictures of me with the background of the city? Do I need to bring tripod so that I can pose in front of a background while setting the camera on timer?
This seems like a rather silly question, but I can't find any advise or information about it in travel guides. My main concern is theft if I'm handing my camera to people on the street to take my pictures (especially in big cities). And moreover, this is my first time traveling to Europe. So, any suggestion or advise is most welcomed.
Thanks in advance!
Taking Photos of Oneself by Solo Traveler
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Finding a House Sitter.
- 2 Road Scholar
- 3 First Solo Trip -- Mid 20's Female --Where to go???
- 4 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 5 Economy Class Seat: Bulkhead Row? (Boeing 777)
- 6 Driving from New York to South Florida and staying over 1 night
- 7 Checklist: What to Do Before You Go
- 8 Your Best Travel Tips
- 9 Useful travel apps
- 10 I need people to do a road trip to USA
- 11 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 12 Base city in England
- 13 Suggestions please
- 14 Credit Card FF Program Retention/Waive Fee
- 15 What's your experience with groupon.com?
- 16 vow renewal
- 17 what size suitcase holds 40 pounds?
- 18 Spain and Morocco in 2 weeks
- 19 Solo Woman traveller ! Yes you TOO can make it.
- 20 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 21 Travel Agent: what to do if their cost is more than your research?
- 22 Do you know Torquay hotel in UK
- 23 Where to go for "Once in a lifetime vacation"?
- 24 Traveling tips during fall
- 25 Beach Wedding Location Ideas!