So, I'm going alone to Nice for language course for 12 weeks. And I will be visiting Amsterdam, Rome, Paris, etc during that period. I will bring my Sony A300 DSLR camera as well as my Sony T2 compact digital camera in my daypack when visiting those cities.
My question is what are the best and safest ways for me to take pictures of me with the background of the city? Do I need to bring tripod so that I can pose in front of a background while setting the camera on timer?
This seems like a rather silly question, but I can't find any advise or information about it in travel guides. My main concern is theft if I'm handing my camera to people on the street to take my pictures (especially in big cities). And moreover, this is my first time traveling to Europe. So, any suggestion or advise is most welcomed.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Trip from Lecce, Italy to Pescara, Abruzzo.
- 2 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 3 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 4 suggestions to travel the world for 450 Days
- 5 Why Access to Services at Home should not affect your next trip
- 6 New York City - Suite/Hotel
- 7 Planning your next vacation
- 8 Need Suggestions!!!!!
- 9 Early November Vacation Thoughts?
- 10 Nova Scotia & Cabot Trail
- 11 Anti-pickpocket Tip
- 12 Road trip stops
- 13 Cautionary tale about ATM use
- 14 Travel towel?
- 15 Tips for tour guides on a week or longer trip
- 16 Favorite budget travel items?
- 17 Traveling with refrigerated medications
- 18 Basel - bern - niederwangen
- 19 Buying Russia train tickets
- 20 Exotic Travel Suggestions - May/June 2018
- 21 Travel Around Belgium with Side Trip to Amsterdam
- 22 Ecuador, Panama, or Costa Rica
- 23 Best Way 3 days Quebec City to Newark Airport
- 24 Phone services in Western Europe
- 25 All-in-One Universal Plug Adapter?