So, I'm going alone to Nice for language course for 12 weeks. And I will be visiting Amsterdam, Rome, Paris, etc during that period. I will bring my Sony A300 DSLR camera as well as my Sony T2 compact digital camera in my daypack when visiting those cities.
My question is what are the best and safest ways for me to take pictures of me with the background of the city? Do I need to bring tripod so that I can pose in front of a background while setting the camera on timer?
This seems like a rather silly question, but I can't find any advise or information about it in travel guides. My main concern is theft if I'm handing my camera to people on the street to take my pictures (especially in big cities). And moreover, this is my first time traveling to Europe. So, any suggestion or advise is most welcomed.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Apps for Solo Travellers?
- 2 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 3 Family trip Europe
- 4 Is a month and a half backpack trip around Europe worth leaving a job for?
- 5 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 6 Home security while traveling
- 7 More on Phony Reviews
- 8 Advice for a newbie
- 9 Pros & cons of "travel" vests
- 10 Car Rentals in Italy
- 11 Spontaneous solo backpacking trip
- 12 Italy or Napa Valley? Mother daughter duo
- 13 What do you use to save money on travel?
- 14 Ideas February trip
- 15 Help with Itinerary for Trip with Kids to Carmel
- 16 Day bags when traveling
- 17 slippery sleeping bags with mat on slopes
- 18 cell phone adapters in UK and Europe
- 19 Three Week West Coast Road Trip
- 20 Family Road trip Jersey to PEI - Best route 1 overnight
- 21 Roundup of overseas cell phone plan options, or: To SIM or not to SIM?
- 22 Daughter's 30 Bday trip
- 23 Any expierences with Groupon or Living Social travel deals (international)?
- 24 Road Trip: - Venice - Florence - Rome
- 25 It's buy a bag time. Help!