Soon i'll be setting off on a trip to a variety of different cities across the globe for roughly a 2 month period. I've been travelling before and I soon realized that my rucksack and what I packed were less than ideal.
I'm aware there are numerous list's suggesting what you should bring on a trip like this but, i'm curious to hear from you. What is YOUR list? Any unusual items?
My previous list ( and my views in hindsight):
>Wilderness style rucksack (Bad choice for an urban trip)
>2 pairs of shoes: hiking boots & light trainers
>Waterproof jacket (very useful)
>1 cotton towel (it never dried!)
>small first aid kit
> lightweight clothing and underwear
>phone, wallet, guidebook, light reading, passport & photocopies
>Mp3 player (great for those long journeys)
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 A most peculiar suitcase--it comes with shelves!
- 2 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 3 TravelAgent
- 4 Your Favorite Rain coat?
- 5 Paris city to Orly airport transport
- 6 Bad Experience
- 7 Egypt or Singapore ?
- 8 Business trip in early March
- 9 Mishap and Adventure studying English in Malta
- 10 Looking for clothing recommendations!
- 11 Family of 3-month long trip
- 12 Solo travel France / winter
- 13 What can i do to make Turkish airline to refund my unused tickets
- 14 Christmas warm weather
- 15 B. Hills/Badlands from Denver
- 16 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 17 SiobhanP Back looking for old Friends!
- 18 Detroit to Glacier National Park
- 19 Bruges or Copenhagen?!
- 20 Europe in December with a toddler - need to make plans ASAP
- 21 Want to go Munich
- 22 Rockies, Teton, Yellowstone, Glacier Parks
- 23 Road trip to Utah from CA
- 24 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 25 US (Road or Air) Trip Ideas for December