I am a grandma of 6 that loves my grandkids and has them every weekend and takes them all on vacation every year. This year for my birthday (April) I want to go so somewhere alone and relax. I am not interested in meeting ANYONE. I want to sit back and be waited on. However, I am on a budget ($1500). I really want to go to Hawaii but can only afford a few days. I would love a cruise but don't care for the Bahama's and a New England/Canada Cruise is too late in the year for me. Any suggestions? I love history and museums and I love to watch the beach. I live in Alabama so going to Florida is no big thing for me and I would really prefer to go somewhere else. Thanks for any suggestions. Oh and no passport so it has to be domestic.
Single late 40's want a quiet relaxing vacation BY MYSELF - WHERE?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 2 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 3 two months away and mold problems.
- 4 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 5 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 6 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 7 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 8 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 9 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!
- 10 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 11 10-14 days BKK, Udon Thani & Beach with kids
- 12 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 13 Winter Roadside Emergency Kit
- 14 Phone service
- 15 Does anyone have the Sparrow bag I read about in Sunday's LA Times?
- 16 10 Days of travel help!
- 17 Travel Agency Review for Trip to Spain
- 18 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 19 French gastronomy
- 20 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 21 Re-checking bag after a layover.
- 22 Best places to start...
- 23 25th wedding anniv travel
- 24 Where in the World Should We Go?
- 25 Friends Seeking Advice