I am a grandma of 6 that loves my grandkids and has them every weekend and takes them all on vacation every year. This year for my birthday (April) I want to go so somewhere alone and relax. I am not interested in meeting ANYONE. I want to sit back and be waited on. However, I am on a budget ($1500). I really want to go to Hawaii but can only afford a few days. I would love a cruise but don't care for the Bahama's and a New England/Canada Cruise is too late in the year for me. Any suggestions? I love history and museums and I love to watch the beach. I live in Alabama so going to Florida is no big thing for me and I would really prefer to go somewhere else. Thanks for any suggestions. Oh and no passport so it has to be domestic.
Single late 40's want a quiet relaxing vacation BY MYSELF - WHERE?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Torn between Trips
- 2 Baggage
- 3 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 4 40th birthday trip with my husband
- 5 Will pollution wreck my Beijing dreams ?
- 6 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 7 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 8 Saying hello to all the disc golf playing travelers!
- 9 50th birthday in January destination
- 10 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 11 Banks that do not charge foreign ATM fees
- 12 Discounted luggage websites
- 13 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 14 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 15 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 16 Carrying a smartphone
- 17 Bad recommendation on Super shuttle Paris
- 18 Advice about a cycling holiday
- 19 Best Time to Purchase Flights
- 20 22 hours layover in London Heathrow
- 21 Groupon Getaways
- 22 Rain Boots
- 23 Travel Books for Kids?
- 24 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 25 Ideas for 40th Birthday