I am a grandma of 6 that loves my grandkids and has them every weekend and takes them all on vacation every year. This year for my birthday (April) I want to go so somewhere alone and relax. I am not interested in meeting ANYONE. I want to sit back and be waited on. However, I am on a budget ($1500). I really want to go to Hawaii but can only afford a few days. I would love a cruise but don't care for the Bahama's and a New England/Canada Cruise is too late in the year for me. Any suggestions? I love history and museums and I love to watch the beach. I live in Alabama so going to Florida is no big thing for me and I would really prefer to go somewhere else. Thanks for any suggestions. Oh and no passport so it has to be domestic.
Single late 40's want a quiet relaxing vacation BY MYSELF - WHERE?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 New Video of Women´s travel: Kite Sisters Trips 2014
- 2 Honeymoon on a budget leaving Perth, Australia
- 3 Beach trip...florida or caribbean island in mid march
- 4 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 5 Ideas for mid winter solo trip someplace warm or cold, but fun!!
- 6 finding last minute packages
- 7 trip ideas in May...
- 8 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 9 Package to Paris, Flight Not Included. 2 Travel Insurance Policies Needed?
- 10 Scotland
- 11 Car Rentals are expensive!
- 12 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 13 Moving from DC to Texas
- 14 Japan vs. California vs. Hawaii
- 15 First solo travel adventure! Please help!
- 16 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 17 Your favorite, toddler-friendly international destination???
- 18 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 19 First Solo Trip in my 20s
- 20 Travel Resolutions: Do You Have Any For 2015?
- 21 Best ways to get around when you can't rent a car?
- 22 Which luggage scales?
- 23 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 24 3week honeymoon in Europe- Spain-France-Italy
- 25 Train or City Hopping? Your thoughts?