I am a grandma of 6 that loves my grandkids and has them every weekend and takes them all on vacation every year. This year for my birthday (April) I want to go so somewhere alone and relax. I am not interested in meeting ANYONE. I want to sit back and be waited on. However, I am on a budget ($1500). I really want to go to Hawaii but can only afford a few days. I would love a cruise but don't care for the Bahama's and a New England/Canada Cruise is too late in the year for me. Any suggestions? I love history and museums and I love to watch the beach. I live in Alabama so going to Florida is no big thing for me and I would really prefer to go somewhere else. Thanks for any suggestions. Oh and no passport so it has to be domestic.
Single late 40's want a quiet relaxing vacation BY MYSELF - WHERE?
View all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Questions about car rentals?
- 2 great travel food sharing website!
- 3 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 4 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 5 Where to go on Christmas?
- 6 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 7 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 8 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 9 europe In January
- 10 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 11 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 12 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 13 Holiday Travel Plans
- 14 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 15 Purchasing a flight with someone else's frequent flyer points
- 16 Which Hotel is near to Northern arizona university, Flagstaff
- 17 Help with honeymoon destination
- 18 places to stop and stretch.
- 19 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 20 Travel with or without kids ?
- 21 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 22 7 days European trip with kids- suggestions needed
- 23 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 24 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 25 Where to Stay in solomon island ?