I am a very active 22 year old male who has always wanted to travel the world. I've taken a few small backpacking trips, and until I turn 26 can fly very cheaply thanks to my dad's work, as long as I maintain some kind of student status. Long background short, I've averaged 80 hours a week this year as a roughneck saving up for this, along with volunteering with 1st graders and scrambling to maintain a 4.0 (2 years engineering, 2 business. Odd degree).
I'm in an awesome position financially/resume wise, but very, very tired. I have big ambitions, but need a way to rest. What is a good way to do this? A part time job and cheap bed, where I can sleep lots, eat well, and lift properly again is my idea. (Maybe I can work out a flexible schedule that will allow lots of time for travel). I know I can figure the travel out later, where I can see lots of places, surf, and volunteer in places like Afghanistan where my church goes. But resting is very hard for me-days off are often more stressful than 20 hour shifts or finals. Anyone who's worked 100+ hr weeks and stayed up to finish a final I'm sure knows how that feels.
Any suggestions, job ideas? Restaurant server, etc. I also like the idea of working holidays-teaching abroad, surf/snowboard instructor, laborer, etc. Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 (U S) AOL Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 AOL Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 3 Packing Cubes
- 4 Roadtrip/Vacation Advice Needed
- 5 What to do on long flights?
- 6 Vacation for two
- 7 What itinerary should I pick for Europe ?
- 8 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 9 Luggage Set - hardshell or softshell?
- 10 Eastern Europe ~ Help Please!
- 11 Some tips when using Air BnB
- 12 Packing must haves for the summer?
- 13 [ GEAR HELP ] -- what is the most effective WHITE sun hat
- 14 Female Traveling Solo to Moscow and St.petersburg
- 15 Mobile Apps for Travel
- 16 Motorcycle trip
- 17 Suggestions for family w/teenagers trip out West - never been there!
- 18 Travel to North carolina from NJ
- 19 Transportation between Granada, Nicaragua and Ometepe, Nicaragua
- 20 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 21 Boston to Bermuda Cruise in June
- 22 Newbie Using Whats App
- 23 super fun vacations...
- 24 International Wire/Bank Transfer to Guide Using Third-Party Service?
- 25 replace my Nikon d90 by rx100 ?