I am a very active 22 year old male who has always wanted to travel the world. I've taken a few small backpacking trips, and until I turn 26 can fly very cheaply thanks to my dad's work, as long as I maintain some kind of student status. Long background short, I've averaged 80 hours a week this year as a roughneck saving up for this, along with volunteering with 1st graders and scrambling to maintain a 4.0 (2 years engineering, 2 business. Odd degree).
I'm in an awesome position financially/resume wise, but very, very tired. I have big ambitions, but need a way to rest. What is a good way to do this? A part time job and cheap bed, where I can sleep lots, eat well, and lift properly again is my idea. (Maybe I can work out a flexible schedule that will allow lots of time for travel). I know I can figure the travel out later, where I can see lots of places, surf, and volunteer in places like Afghanistan where my church goes. But resting is very hard for me-days off are often more stressful than 20 hour shifts or finals. Anyone who's worked 100+ hr weeks and stayed up to finish a final I'm sure knows how that feels.
Any suggestions, job ideas? Restaurant server, etc. I also like the idea of working holidays-teaching abroad, surf/snowboard instructor, laborer, etc. Thanks very much!
Setting Up A See-The-World Trip
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Traveling with a smartphone
- 2 Help? Where to go with an 18 year old boy?
- 3 Transferring on an international flight
- 4 Need Help: Winter US/Carrib Vacation Ideas
- 5 Accessing online banking while in Europe
- 6 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 7 AutoSlash and Hotel Tonight - Your Reviews
- 8 Which place would you like to travel ?
- 9 Thanksgiving week trip
- 10 Is there a company or website that compares SIM cards?
- 11 Around the World Ticket/Trips
- 12 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 13 Thrifty OHare parking
- 14 Saving money travelling the world
- 15 Family Holiday in Turkey-with three kids aged 12,10 & 7
- 16 Hitchhiking robot - way cool!
- 17 Anyone Tried US CBP's Mobile Passport Program at ATL?
- 18 Discounted luggage websites
- 19 First Time Going to Europe - Ideas?
- 20 New York, Vegas or the Carribean
- 21 Buddies Turning 40 - Where to Go?
- 22 Where to go over New Years?
- 23 GAP YEAR TRAVEL
- 24 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 25 Vacation with 1 year old?