I am a very active 22 year old male who has always wanted to travel the world. I've taken a few small backpacking trips, and until I turn 26 can fly very cheaply thanks to my dad's work, as long as I maintain some kind of student status. Long background short, I've averaged 80 hours a week this year as a roughneck saving up for this, along with volunteering with 1st graders and scrambling to maintain a 4.0 (2 years engineering, 2 business. Odd degree).
I'm in an awesome position financially/resume wise, but very, very tired. I have big ambitions, but need a way to rest. What is a good way to do this? A part time job and cheap bed, where I can sleep lots, eat well, and lift properly again is my idea. (Maybe I can work out a flexible schedule that will allow lots of time for travel). I know I can figure the travel out later, where I can see lots of places, surf, and volunteer in places like Afghanistan where my church goes. But resting is very hard for me-days off are often more stressful than 20 hour shifts or finals. Anyone who's worked 100+ hr weeks and stayed up to finish a final I'm sure knows how that feels.
Any suggestions, job ideas? Restaurant server, etc. I also like the idea of working holidays-teaching abroad, surf/snowboard instructor, laborer, etc. Thanks very much!
Setting Up A See-The-World Trip
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Baggage
- 2 Torn between Trips
- 3 40th birthday trip with my husband
- 4 Will pollution wreck my Beijing dreams ?
- 5 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 6 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 7 Saying hello to all the disc golf playing travelers!
- 8 50th birthday in January destination
- 9 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 10 Banks that do not charge foreign ATM fees
- 11 Discounted luggage websites
- 12 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 13 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 14 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 15 Carrying a smartphone
- 16 Bad recommendation on Super shuttle Paris
- 17 Advice about a cycling holiday
- 18 Best Time to Purchase Flights
- 19 22 hours layover in London Heathrow
- 20 Groupon Getaways
- 21 Rain Boots
- 22 Travel Books for Kids?
- 23 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 24 Ideas for 40th Birthday
- 25 Travel Ideas for Family with 3 young boys