I am a very active 22 year old male who has always wanted to travel the world. I've taken a few small backpacking trips, and until I turn 26 can fly very cheaply thanks to my dad's work, as long as I maintain some kind of student status. Long background short, I've averaged 80 hours a week this year as a roughneck saving up for this, along with volunteering with 1st graders and scrambling to maintain a 4.0 (2 years engineering, 2 business. Odd degree).
I'm in an awesome position financially/resume wise, but very, very tired. I have big ambitions, but need a way to rest. What is a good way to do this? A part time job and cheap bed, where I can sleep lots, eat well, and lift properly again is my idea. (Maybe I can work out a flexible schedule that will allow lots of time for travel). I know I can figure the travel out later, where I can see lots of places, surf, and volunteer in places like Afghanistan where my church goes. But resting is very hard for me-days off are often more stressful than 20 hour shifts or finals. Anyone who's worked 100+ hr weeks and stayed up to finish a final I'm sure knows how that feels.
Any suggestions, job ideas? Restaurant server, etc. I also like the idea of working holidays-teaching abroad, surf/snowboard instructor, laborer, etc. Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Forfeited money due to medical emergency
- 2 Needed help on transportation in UK
- 3 Fodor's Phrase App
- 4 travel ideas mom with 17 16 yr old sons one likes outdoors the other city
- 5 The "Vacation Problem"
- 6 First time euro traveler, ideas please!
- 7 Please help me find a phone that will work in France
- 8 Tom Harper River Cruise Company?
- 9 Baggage Limits
- 10 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 11 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 12 [liiperi] byliiperi 4 days ago 8 days around Almaty region - How to spend?
- 13 VPN and proxy server recommendations
- 14 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 15 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 16 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 17 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 18 Where is it that's warm, dry and intellectual?
- 19 30th Birthday Trip Ideas!
- 20 About EHIC card?
- 21 London, Amsterdam, Munich, and Barcelona in 17 days?
- 22 Packing Bottles of Gin in Checked Luggage
- 23 Best adventure/trek holiday ideas
- 24 quiet getaways for older women
- 25 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice