I am a very active 22 year old male who has always wanted to travel the world. I've taken a few small backpacking trips, and until I turn 26 can fly very cheaply thanks to my dad's work, as long as I maintain some kind of student status. Long background short, I've averaged 80 hours a week this year as a roughneck saving up for this, along with volunteering with 1st graders and scrambling to maintain a 4.0 (2 years engineering, 2 business. Odd degree).
I'm in an awesome position financially/resume wise, but very, very tired. I have big ambitions, but need a way to rest. What is a good way to do this? A part time job and cheap bed, where I can sleep lots, eat well, and lift properly again is my idea. (Maybe I can work out a flexible schedule that will allow lots of time for travel). I know I can figure the travel out later, where I can see lots of places, surf, and volunteer in places like Afghanistan where my church goes. But resting is very hard for me-days off are often more stressful than 20 hour shifts or finals. Anyone who's worked 100+ hr weeks and stayed up to finish a final I'm sure knows how that feels.
Any suggestions, job ideas? Restaurant server, etc. I also like the idea of working holidays-teaching abroad, surf/snowboard instructor, laborer, etc. Thanks very much!
Setting Up A See-The-World Trip
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Where to go in February/March
- 2 mid December honeymoon in Europe
- 3 40th Birthday Trip
- 4 https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JBCJJHY
- 5 First Time Going to Europe - Ideas?
- 6 Waterproof spray
- 7 Honeymoon
- 8 Are these shoes too American looking?
- 9 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 10 Where to go over New Years?
- 11 Most Exotic and Adventurous Trip Possible
- 12 Help finding a beach resort w/ nightlife for a young couple!
- 13 my travel ignorance
- 14 Your favorite USA car rental company
- 15 Your Best Travel Tips
- 16 Northern Lights
- 17 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 18 Road trip along the east coast with tween & teen
- 19 First Trip To Japan and South Korea Solo!
- 20 Travel Insurance or not
- 21 Duffel size needed for 33lb limit
- 22 Economy PLus on United to China
- 23 Down or synthetic sleeping bag?
- 24 Light weight Luggage
- 25 3 weeks backpacking around Europe, how to call home?