I am a very active 22 year old male who has always wanted to travel the world. I've taken a few small backpacking trips, and until I turn 26 can fly very cheaply thanks to my dad's work, as long as I maintain some kind of student status. Long background short, I've averaged 80 hours a week this year as a roughneck saving up for this, along with volunteering with 1st graders and scrambling to maintain a 4.0 (2 years engineering, 2 business. Odd degree).
I'm in an awesome position financially/resume wise, but very, very tired. I have big ambitions, but need a way to rest. What is a good way to do this? A part time job and cheap bed, where I can sleep lots, eat well, and lift properly again is my idea. (Maybe I can work out a flexible schedule that will allow lots of time for travel). I know I can figure the travel out later, where I can see lots of places, surf, and volunteer in places like Afghanistan where my church goes. But resting is very hard for me-days off are often more stressful than 20 hour shifts or finals. Anyone who's worked 100+ hr weeks and stayed up to finish a final I'm sure knows how that feels.
Any suggestions, job ideas? Restaurant server, etc. I also like the idea of working holidays-teaching abroad, surf/snowboard instructor, laborer, etc. Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Southeast romantic destinations
- 2 destination help
- 3 Las Vegas to Kingston, NY max- 8/9 days
- 4 teenage/grandparent trip to Switzerland
- 5 How to Avoid Pickpockets in Paris
- 6 travelling with infant
- 7 What to do with mail when traveling
- 8 Prague & Croatia
- 9 Travelling in $2000 from Pakistan
- 10 a tablet for travelling...which one ?
- 11 Norway in November
- 12 3 kids under 5 - where to go from Cali
- 13 No bag policy at Pearl Harbor
- 14 Road Trip with kids LosAngeles to Nashville
- 15 Around the World - 6 months, more land and less planes
- 16 Time for Terminal 4 to 5
- 17 Schengen visa
- 18 Beach honeymoon in mid-September?
- 19 Do you use Yelp or Foursquare when traveling abroad?
- 20 Daypack Recommendation
- 21 Good backpack (lcabin luggage + daytrips)
- 22 greece to germany. doable?
- 23 Honeymoon in August. Beach. Where?
- 24 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 25 Road Trip, Little Rock AR to Austin TX