I am a very active 22 year old male who has always wanted to travel the world. I've taken a few small backpacking trips, and until I turn 26 can fly very cheaply thanks to my dad's work, as long as I maintain some kind of student status. Long background short, I've averaged 80 hours a week this year as a roughneck saving up for this, along with volunteering with 1st graders and scrambling to maintain a 4.0 (2 years engineering, 2 business. Odd degree).
I'm in an awesome position financially/resume wise, but very, very tired. I have big ambitions, but need a way to rest. What is a good way to do this? A part time job and cheap bed, where I can sleep lots, eat well, and lift properly again is my idea. (Maybe I can work out a flexible schedule that will allow lots of time for travel). I know I can figure the travel out later, where I can see lots of places, surf, and volunteer in places like Afghanistan where my church goes. But resting is very hard for me-days off are often more stressful than 20 hour shifts or finals. Anyone who's worked 100+ hr weeks and stayed up to finish a final I'm sure knows how that feels.
Any suggestions, job ideas? Restaurant server, etc. I also like the idea of working holidays-teaching abroad, surf/snowboard instructor, laborer, etc. Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 http://www.7supplements.org/hl-slim-pro/
- 2 Tell me something about South America Travel tips?
- 3 Terrified traveller
- 4 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 5 First time travelling outside the USA
- 6 First time traveler
- 7 Camera recommendations for wildlife photography
- 8 Help Selecting Destination for 40 Birthday Group Trip
- 9 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 10 Accommodation San Sebastian
- 11 Tips on itinerary for 2 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 12 Traveling to NW Italy (Aosta)
- 13 SIXT car rental in US
- 14 Chef for Turks and Caicos
- 15 3 weeks in Siena Italy
- 16 April - Crete v Canaries? & Pregnant!
- 17 Visit to usa
- 18 insect repellent bracelets
- 19 Top travel destinations 2017
- 20 Your Favorite Rain coat?
- 21 Early trip planning
- 22 Best place in March to travel with kids
- 23 Tour company or DIY?
- 24 Amtrak's AutoTrain - yes or no?
- 25 Itinerary Help! CDG Round Trip in 10 days