We will be visiting Italy in May 2010 and this will be the first time we're travelling to Europe (from Australia) so we have absolutely no idea of what we will be expecting.
We are planning for a holiday trip to Italy for approximately 17 days before heading to London. So the cities in Italy that we are planning to visit in particular order are:
1) Rome - we will arrive in Rome first from Dubai
4) Milan - our last stop before we fly to London
I am interested in herritage buildings, sceneries, cultural and the people. To elaborate on that, I love taking photographs of old buildings and sceneries and also the local people and culture. I have very little interest in art (but still would want to appreciate them since I am in Italy where art is big).
I love nature photography but because my wife is coming along, I don't think I would be able to travel out to the country side so we will be mainly stay around the city itself. I also need to reserve at least a few days in Milan for my wife to shop around.
Also, is it worth visitig Pisa just to have a look at the leaning tower or should we just skip that? I don't really want to visit Pisa if the only attractions there is the tower.
In terms of transportation, what is the best way for me to travel to the different cities in Italy (e.g. Bus/Train/etc)? And how do I go about arranging the transportation when I am there?
Thanks, hope to hear some response soon
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Packing advice for fall trip to Europe
- 2 Daughter's Tour to korea
- 3 Advice for traveling with leg/hip pain
- 4 Help planning long road trip.
- 5 European Travel in March
- 6 Checked through luggage - 2 separate bookings?
- 7 Renting International Cars from USA
- 8 Trip Ideas for Adventure / Tropical Thanksgiving Holiday
- 9 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 10 Getting my child from Stanford
- 11 Ideal Trip!
- 12 [ENGLAND] Which places to visit (london districts + city nearby)
- 13 Pa to New England States
- 14 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 15 Do you get your expired passport back?
- 16 Is there a trick to booking a "comfort" seat?
- 17 cape cod
- 18 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 19 Is there a way get a specific model of car to rent?
- 20 Lipault luggage durability
- 21 Credit card protection
- 22 Retrieving Voice Mail abroad - Help me
- 23 Husband's 40th Birthday
- 24 Honeymoon in Bali
- 25 Mid September, Canadian Rockies, Portugal, Slovenia, Other?!