We will be visiting Italy in May 2010 and this will be the first time we're travelling to Europe (from Australia) so we have absolutely no idea of what we will be expecting.
We are planning for a holiday trip to Italy for approximately 17 days before heading to London. So the cities in Italy that we are planning to visit in particular order are:
1) Rome - we will arrive in Rome first from Dubai
4) Milan - our last stop before we fly to London
I am interested in herritage buildings, sceneries, cultural and the people. To elaborate on that, I love taking photographs of old buildings and sceneries and also the local people and culture. I have very little interest in art (but still would want to appreciate them since I am in Italy where art is big).
I love nature photography but because my wife is coming along, I don't think I would be able to travel out to the country side so we will be mainly stay around the city itself. I also need to reserve at least a few days in Milan for my wife to shop around.
Also, is it worth visitig Pisa just to have a look at the leaning tower or should we just skip that? I don't really want to visit Pisa if the only attractions there is the tower.
In terms of transportation, what is the best way for me to travel to the different cities in Italy (e.g. Bus/Train/etc)? And how do I go about arranging the transportation when I am there?
Thanks, hope to hear some response soon
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 1-800-841-6436 netflix technical support phone number
- 2 Use of ATM cards in foreign country?
- 3 Vanagon Road trip Denver to SF
- 4 Video memory
- 5 Road trip from D.C. to Maine
- 6 Trip to eurpoe and sweden
- 7 Is there a trick to booking a "comfort" seat?
- 8 My Trip to Spain
- 9 5 Best travel apps? (open)
- 10 Senior lady travels solo
- 11 Destination Help (w/ specifics)
- 12 Ideas for 1 week trip
- 13 travel insurance
- 14 Any must-have item for travelling?
- 15 Ideas for Ladies Beach Destination October
- 16 2nd career ideas for travelers
- 17 Backpacking in Europe
- 18 Travelocity problems
- 19 need to Plan summer holidays
- 20 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 21 Sharing/organizing group travel photos
- 22 Active locals, beaches, jungle, limited industrialism - Can I have it all?
- 23 Food Delicacies of spain
- 24 Help planning a family trip to the Grand Canyon this summer!
- 25 Too old maybe?