We will be visiting Italy in May 2010 and this will be the first time we're travelling to Europe (from Australia) so we have absolutely no idea of what we will be expecting.
We are planning for a holiday trip to Italy for approximately 17 days before heading to London. So the cities in Italy that we are planning to visit in particular order are:
1) Rome - we will arrive in Rome first from Dubai
4) Milan - our last stop before we fly to London
I am interested in herritage buildings, sceneries, cultural and the people. To elaborate on that, I love taking photographs of old buildings and sceneries and also the local people and culture. I have very little interest in art (but still would want to appreciate them since I am in Italy where art is big).
I love nature photography but because my wife is coming along, I don't think I would be able to travel out to the country side so we will be mainly stay around the city itself. I also need to reserve at least a few days in Milan for my wife to shop around.
Also, is it worth visitig Pisa just to have a look at the leaning tower or should we just skip that? I don't really want to visit Pisa if the only attractions there is the tower.
In terms of transportation, what is the best way for me to travel to the different cities in Italy (e.g. Bus/Train/etc)? And how do I go about arranging the transportation when I am there?
Thanks, hope to hear some response soon
Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan - How many days?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Has anyone dealt with Truffle Pig out of Canada to plan a trip??
- 2 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 3 Where to holiday in April? All Inclusive Getaway with guaranteed sunshine!?
- 4 Finding a House Sitter.
- 5 Road Scholar
- 6 First Solo Trip -- Mid 20's Female --Where to go???
- 7 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 8 Economy Class Seat: Bulkhead Row? (Boeing 777)
- 9 Driving from New York to South Florida and staying over 1 night
- 10 Checklist: What to Do Before You Go
- 11 Your Best Travel Tips
- 12 Useful travel apps
- 13 I need people to do a road trip to USA
- 14 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 15 Base city in England
- 16 Suggestions please
- 17 Credit Card FF Program Retention/Waive Fee
- 18 What's your experience with groupon.com?
- 19 vow renewal
- 20 what size suitcase holds 40 pounds?
- 21 Spain and Morocco in 2 weeks
- 22 Solo Woman traveller ! Yes you TOO can make it.
- 23 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 24 Travel Agent: what to do if their cost is more than your research?
- 25 Do you know Torquay hotel in UK