We will be visiting Italy in May 2010 and this will be the first time we're travelling to Europe (from Australia) so we have absolutely no idea of what we will be expecting.
We are planning for a holiday trip to Italy for approximately 17 days before heading to London. So the cities in Italy that we are planning to visit in particular order are:
1) Rome - we will arrive in Rome first from Dubai
4) Milan - our last stop before we fly to London
I am interested in herritage buildings, sceneries, cultural and the people. To elaborate on that, I love taking photographs of old buildings and sceneries and also the local people and culture. I have very little interest in art (but still would want to appreciate them since I am in Italy where art is big).
I love nature photography but because my wife is coming along, I don't think I would be able to travel out to the country side so we will be mainly stay around the city itself. I also need to reserve at least a few days in Milan for my wife to shop around.
Also, is it worth visitig Pisa just to have a look at the leaning tower or should we just skip that? I don't really want to visit Pisa if the only attractions there is the tower.
In terms of transportation, what is the best way for me to travel to the different cities in Italy (e.g. Bus/Train/etc)? And how do I go about arranging the transportation when I am there?
Thanks, hope to hear some response soon
Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan - How many days?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Visa expiration and re entry
- 2 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 3 Rovia booking engine
- 4 Places to travel in June or July
- 5 Packing Help - What to take
- 6 Jacket with pockets
- 7 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 8 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 9 2 Week Trip for Newleywed's - Adventure and Beach
- 10 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 11 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 12 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 13 Dual time zone watches
- 14 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 15 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 16 Website for good hotel rates?
- 17 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 18 What color nail polish in France
- 19 Travel Clothing
- 20 advance single 1st class rail travel with virgin trains
- 21 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 22 Where to go - Mexico, Dominican Republic, Cuba or Cape Verde???
- 23 Looking for travel app (iOS) to map my custom walking tour...
- 24 AVIS' car rental Dirty Tricks
- 25 Getting a Second Passport