We will be visiting Italy in May 2010 and this will be the first time we're travelling to Europe (from Australia) so we have absolutely no idea of what we will be expecting.
We are planning for a holiday trip to Italy for approximately 17 days before heading to London. So the cities in Italy that we are planning to visit in particular order are:
1) Rome - we will arrive in Rome first from Dubai
4) Milan - our last stop before we fly to London
I am interested in herritage buildings, sceneries, cultural and the people. To elaborate on that, I love taking photographs of old buildings and sceneries and also the local people and culture. I have very little interest in art (but still would want to appreciate them since I am in Italy where art is big).
I love nature photography but because my wife is coming along, I don't think I would be able to travel out to the country side so we will be mainly stay around the city itself. I also need to reserve at least a few days in Milan for my wife to shop around.
Also, is it worth visitig Pisa just to have a look at the leaning tower or should we just skip that? I don't really want to visit Pisa if the only attractions there is the tower.
In terms of transportation, what is the best way for me to travel to the different cities in Italy (e.g. Bus/Train/etc)? And how do I go about arranging the transportation when I am there?
Thanks, hope to hear some response soon
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 2 Early trip planning
- 3 Something different for family of 6
- 4 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 5 Amtrak's AutoTrain - yes or no?
- 6 Best site for last minute travel packages?
- 7 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 8 Europe or Asia??? Best Honeymoon destination in February
- 9 Help for my wife's 40th with her best friends
- 10 Where oh where are we going to go?
- 11 Late December, early January travel
- 12 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 13 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 14 Nice, France
- 15 Finding deals based on departure location
- 16 Travel Tips in the Philippines
- 17 St croix or Cancun HELP!
- 18 Turkey - Best Route and Mode of Travel
- 19 First time travel to Italy
- 20 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 21 Around the World - 28 Days!
- 22 THe case for linen
- 23 Wildlife photography courses
- 24 Internet Banking Travel Payments
- 25 Well Needed Getaway