We will be visiting Italy in May 2010 and this will be the first time we're travelling to Europe (from Australia) so we have absolutely no idea of what we will be expecting.
We are planning for a holiday trip to Italy for approximately 17 days before heading to London. So the cities in Italy that we are planning to visit in particular order are:
1) Rome - we will arrive in Rome first from Dubai
4) Milan - our last stop before we fly to London
I am interested in herritage buildings, sceneries, cultural and the people. To elaborate on that, I love taking photographs of old buildings and sceneries and also the local people and culture. I have very little interest in art (but still would want to appreciate them since I am in Italy where art is big).
I love nature photography but because my wife is coming along, I don't think I would be able to travel out to the country side so we will be mainly stay around the city itself. I also need to reserve at least a few days in Milan for my wife to shop around.
Also, is it worth visitig Pisa just to have a look at the leaning tower or should we just skip that? I don't really want to visit Pisa if the only attractions there is the tower.
In terms of transportation, what is the best way for me to travel to the different cities in Italy (e.g. Bus/Train/etc)? And how do I go about arranging the transportation when I am there?
Thanks, hope to hear some response soon
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Accommodation San Sebastian
- 2 First time travelling outside the USA
- 3 Tips on itinerary for 2 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 4 Traveling to NW Italy (Aosta)
- 5 SIXT car rental in US
- 6 Chef for Turks and Caicos
- 7 What suitcase size holds around 60 pounds of weight.
- 8 3 weeks in Siena Italy
- 9 April - Crete v Canaries? & Pregnant!
- 10 Visit to usa
- 11 Camera recommendations for wildlife photography
- 12 Terrified traveller
- 13 insect repellent bracelets
- 14 Top travel destinations 2017
- 15 Your Favorite Rain coat?
- 16 Early trip planning
- 17 First time traveler
- 18 Best place in March to travel with kids
- 19 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 20 Tour company or DIY?
- 21 Amtrak's AutoTrain - yes or no?
- 22 Itinerary Help! CDG Round Trip in 10 days
- 23 Credit Card Travel Protection insurance - did anyone used it?
- 24 Should I go for a GoPro, DSLR or drone?
- 25 Rio Packing List: What to Bring When Visiting Rio de Janeiro, Brazil