I reserved a room last April 6 at COLORDESIGN HOTEL PARIS on hotelbook.com for July 2009. I made sure before I clicked confirm that they only need credit card details as a guarantee and no charges will be made until the date of the reservation. I made sure to check that there are no cancellation charges if the room is cancelled way before the reservation date. Imagine my surprise when my card company called me to say that the COLOR DESIGN HOTEL (Paris) was attempting to charge the full 6 nights (870eu) and when the card company declined they then took 145eu from my account and did not even inform me about it, something honest hotels usually do. Besides, they shouldn't be charging my card yet in the first place as stipulated in the reservation I made with HOTELBOOK.COM. I contacted hotelbook and all they can say is that it is out of their hands and that we should contact the hotel. I guess they probably got their commission already so they don't care about customer complaints for reservations made on their site. VERY VERY BAD SERVICE INDEED!
Reserving hotels using hotelbook.com
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Most popular tourist places in india
- 2 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 3 Help finding a lifestyle resort
- 4 how to add my photo to my passport renewal application?
- 5 Hawaii or Rio for solo single male travel
- 6 Travel SIMs
- 7 An Introduction to new member
- 8 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam
- 9 Travelling in June
- 10 Travel with 13 yr old nephew - need help on where please!
- 11 Friends Seeking Advice
- 12 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 13 Anyone have suggestion for best tablet to use when traveling? under $300
- 14 25th wedding anniv travel
- 15 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 16 Best places to start...
- 17 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 18 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 19 two months away and mold problems.
- 20 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 21 French gastronomy
- 22 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 23 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 24 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 25 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!