I reserved a room last April 6 at COLORDESIGN HOTEL PARIS on hotelbook.com for July 2009. I made sure before I clicked confirm that they only need credit card details as a guarantee and no charges will be made until the date of the reservation. I made sure to check that there are no cancellation charges if the room is cancelled way before the reservation date. Imagine my surprise when my card company called me to say that the COLOR DESIGN HOTEL (Paris) was attempting to charge the full 6 nights (870eu) and when the card company declined they then took 145eu from my account and did not even inform me about it, something honest hotels usually do. Besides, they shouldn't be charging my card yet in the first place as stipulated in the reservation I made with HOTELBOOK.COM. I contacted hotelbook and all they can say is that it is out of their hands and that we should contact the hotel. I guess they probably got their commission already so they don't care about customer complaints for reservations made on their site. VERY VERY BAD SERVICE INDEED!
Reserving hotels using hotelbook.com
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Fall Road Trip
- 2 San Francisco or San Diego
- 3 December 3 Week Vacation
- 4 Luggage Help: Need a Luggage or Duffel at least 31" x 23" (78 x 57cm)
- 5 Recommendations for Light-Weight, 4-Wheel, 22-in. Roll On.
- 6 Home Exchanges
- 7 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 8 Groupon Cancellation/Transfer Option
- 9 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 10 6 weeks in the Americas during December
- 11 Shoes for round the world trip - suitable for hiking and running?
- 12 Scammers on Airbnb site
- 13 India food Tours
- 14 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 15 VPN? Witopia? If so, which?
- 16 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 17 Going to Costa Rica
- 18 Air B&B
- 19 Single supplements
- 20 Has anyone used Autoslash?
- 21 Discounted luggage websites
- 22 Should I book through Luxury Link?
- 23 Could I fit all this into a 3 week road trip?
- 24 Travel eruope early November this year
- 25 Group Tours for 30 somethings