I reserved a room last April 6 at COLORDESIGN HOTEL PARIS on hotelbook.com for July 2009. I made sure before I clicked confirm that they only need credit card details as a guarantee and no charges will be made until the date of the reservation. I made sure to check that there are no cancellation charges if the room is cancelled way before the reservation date. Imagine my surprise when my card company called me to say that the COLOR DESIGN HOTEL (Paris) was attempting to charge the full 6 nights (870eu) and when the card company declined they then took 145eu from my account and did not even inform me about it, something honest hotels usually do. Besides, they shouldn't be charging my card yet in the first place as stipulated in the reservation I made with HOTELBOOK.COM. I contacted hotelbook and all they can say is that it is out of their hands and that we should contact the hotel. I guess they probably got their commission already so they don't care about customer complaints for reservations made on their site. VERY VERY BAD SERVICE INDEED!
Reserving hotels using hotelbook.com
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 2 Finding a House Sitter.
- 3 Road Scholar
- 4 First Solo Trip -- Mid 20's Female --Where to go???
- 5 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 6 Economy Class Seat: Bulkhead Row? (Boeing 777)
- 7 Driving from New York to South Florida and staying over 1 night
- 8 Checklist: What to Do Before You Go
- 9 Your Best Travel Tips
- 10 Useful travel apps
- 11 I need people to do a road trip to USA
- 12 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 13 Base city in England
- 14 Suggestions please
- 15 Credit Card FF Program Retention/Waive Fee
- 16 What's your experience with groupon.com?
- 17 vow renewal
- 18 what size suitcase holds 40 pounds?
- 19 Spain and Morocco in 2 weeks
- 20 Solo Woman traveller ! Yes you TOO can make it.
- 21 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 22 Travel Agent: what to do if their cost is more than your research?
- 23 Do you know Torquay hotel in UK
- 24 Where to go for "Once in a lifetime vacation"?
- 25 Traveling tips during fall