I reserved a room last April 6 at COLORDESIGN HOTEL PARIS on hotelbook.com for July 2009. I made sure before I clicked confirm that they only need credit card details as a guarantee and no charges will be made until the date of the reservation. I made sure to check that there are no cancellation charges if the room is cancelled way before the reservation date. Imagine my surprise when my card company called me to say that the COLOR DESIGN HOTEL (Paris) was attempting to charge the full 6 nights (870eu) and when the card company declined they then took 145eu from my account and did not even inform me about it, something honest hotels usually do. Besides, they shouldn't be charging my card yet in the first place as stipulated in the reservation I made with HOTELBOOK.COM. I contacted hotelbook and all they can say is that it is out of their hands and that we should contact the hotel. I guess they probably got their commission already so they don't care about customer complaints for reservations made on their site. VERY VERY BAD SERVICE INDEED!
Reserving hotels using hotelbook.com
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Rovia booking engine
- 2 Packing Help - What to take
- 3 Places to travel in June or July
- 4 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 5 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 6 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 7 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 8 Dual time zone watches
- 9 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 10 Website for good hotel rates?
- 11 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 12 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 13 What color nail polish in France
- 14 Travel Clothing
- 15 advance single 1st class rail travel with virgin trains
- 16 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 17 Where to go - Mexico, Dominican Republic, Cuba or Cape Verde???
- 18 Looking for travel app (iOS) to map my custom walking tour...
- 19 AVIS' car rental Dirty Tricks
- 20 Getting a Second Passport
- 21 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam
- 22 Suggestions for a trip?
- 23 Advice to use ATM promptly at arrival airport?
- 24 Online Travel Series and maybe some inspiration for a trip =)
- 25 What to Do On Your Second (Or Third!) Trip to Paris