this is going to be a bit different to most of the items you post, because I have got a tale of NO TRAVEL and increasing frustration. My girlfried is South African and I guess you know all about the kind of trouble they have to go through to get visas and so on. However, I can tell you that is nothing compared to the trouble they have to get a passport renewed!
Hers ran out in March last year and we are still waiting for a new passport to arrive so we can go to the Rock im Park festival, plan a summer trip to Morrocco and start practising our tomato throwing ready for La tomatina in Bunyol.
Dozens of very expensive calls to embassies in London and Pretoria have got us absolutely nowhere, and you will never guess what the latest excuse is. Apparently they have now run out of ink and booklets to print any more passports. Can you publish this and see if anyone else has had the same experience? Maybe we can get enough of a response to embarrass somebody in Pretoria into doing something useful......
- 1 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 2 traveling with fifteen year old grandson
- 3 Packing list - 6 months with carry-on only
- 4 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 5 train tickets for italy
- 6 iPad use on long flights
- 7 Shoe Trouble
- 8 Good article on shoes for travel
- 9 Rose Bowl Parade
- 10 Single Senior Citizen travel
- 11 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 12 Buying SNCF tickets
- 13 5 week opportunity to travel - any tips where?
- 14 Changes in Travel Insurance: deductible
- 15 How to avoid delays at US border?
- 16 meditation - yoga - retreates.
- 17 Home Exchanges
- 18 Comparison of Budget Booking Sites
- 19 Where to go in August?
- 20 Organic Farming vacations - WWOOF USA
- 21 Enough Connection Time???
- 22 Amazing meals in Paris under $40 each...suggestions?
- 23 solo travel ideas
- 24 4/5 day trip to seattle and vancour
- 25 Passport picture cost