My husband and I are looking for a place to go for 8 days in early September. Our criteria:
- Pleasantly warm weather (no hurricanes, extreme heat, frequent rain)
- Relatively secluded / romantic
- Preferably by the water with possibility of swimming / beaches
- Unforgettable scenery - beautiful enough to just lounge around and enjoy.
- Outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, and horseback riding
- Not too far from NYC (doable as an 8-day trip)
We loved Hawaii in September, so something in that vein would be perfect. (We're not considering Hawaii this year because it's a bit far given our time limit). We also looked into Iceland but seems like it'll be too cold by then. Central America seems to be out due to weather. Ditto the Caribbean. Asian destinations seem to be too far. I read that European destinations can be nice in September, but we really want to relax/enjoy nature vs. going to cities / towns and doing art/culture/history - we love that too, but this year really want a more relaxing vacation.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 bokus : APPLE ICLOUD Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540 :6830 MAIL 24*7
- 2 Luggage Set - hardshell or softshell?
- 3 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 4 replace my Nikon d90 by rx100 ?
- 5 Traveling Solo with 9 month old
- 6 super fun vacations...
- 7 International Wire/Bank Transfer to Guide Using Third-Party Service?
- 8 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 9 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 10 garment travel organizer
- 11 Which type of car ?
- 12 travel partners
- 13 Best bag type for 3 months in Europe - duffel, rolling, or backpack?
- 14 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 15 Some tips when using Air BnB
- 16 Trip to Thailand vs Greece vs Peru?
- 17 to travel or settle down?
- 18 THe case for linen
- 19 CAPITAL ONE CARD: NOT FUNNY
- 20 San Diego to San Francisco in 6 days
- 21 Honeymoon info
- 22 Great Saint Bernard Pass / Lake Geneva / Northern Italy
- 23 To drive or fly on an unplanned trip?
- 24 best travel app (android or Apple)
- 25 Newbie Using Whats App
Relaxing September Getaway: Scenic Destination with Outdoor Activities