My husband and I are looking for a place to go for 8 days in early September. Our criteria:
- Pleasantly warm weather (no hurricanes, extreme heat, frequent rain)
- Relatively secluded / romantic
- Preferably by the water with possibility of swimming / beaches
- Unforgettable scenery - beautiful enough to just lounge around and enjoy.
- Outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, and horseback riding
- Not too far from NYC (doable as an 8-day trip)
We loved Hawaii in September, so something in that vein would be perfect. (We're not considering Hawaii this year because it's a bit far given our time limit). We also looked into Iceland but seems like it'll be too cold by then. Central America seems to be out due to weather. Ditto the Caribbean. Asian destinations seem to be too far. I read that European destinations can be nice in September, but we really want to relax/enjoy nature vs. going to cities / towns and doing art/culture/history - we love that too, but this year really want a more relaxing vacation.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Road trip Vegas to Seattle
- 2 Know any good Websites?
- 3 New Convertible Bag for Teen?
- 4 Travel to London/Paris/Rome
- 5 Trip with friend
- 6 What to pack for that trip
- 7 How do you organize your trip options such as restaurants and sights?
- 8 September Whim
- 9 Opinion of cruising vs. other types of travel?
- 10 advise for trip to Paris, Nice, Switzerland and Milan
- 11 Two weeks to make a decision where to travel...
- 12 Trip Ideas for Senior Parents
- 13 Mountain Honeymoon Destination
- 14 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 15 Lightweight carry-on that will meet Lufthansa's strict requirements?
- 16 honeymoon croatia and italy
- 17 My inbox is a total mess after 3 weeks trekking. Solutions?
- 18 Globus...Yay or nay?
- 19 40th birthday
- 20 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 21 Tom Harper River Cruise Company?
- 22 Must Haves in a travel kit. Battle of the sexes !
- 23 Packing vs Shipping when moving abroad
- 24 Need a little advice on newbie traveling overseas
- 25 Winter travel for different age groups
Relaxing September Getaway: Scenic Destination with Outdoor Activities