My husband and I are looking for a place to go for 8 days in early September. Our criteria:
- Pleasantly warm weather (no hurricanes, extreme heat, frequent rain)
- Relatively secluded / romantic
- Preferably by the water with possibility of swimming / beaches
- Unforgettable scenery - beautiful enough to just lounge around and enjoy.
- Outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, and horseback riding
- Not too far from NYC (doable as an 8-day trip)
We loved Hawaii in September, so something in that vein would be perfect. (We're not considering Hawaii this year because it's a bit far given our time limit). We also looked into Iceland but seems like it'll be too cold by then. Central America seems to be out due to weather. Ditto the Caribbean. Asian destinations seem to be too far. I read that European destinations can be nice in September, but we really want to relax/enjoy nature vs. going to cities / towns and doing art/culture/history - we love that too, but this year really want a more relaxing vacation.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Early trip planning
- 2 Terrified traveller
- 3 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 4 First time travelling outside the USA
- 5 First time traveler
- 6 Camera recommendations for wildlife photography
- 7 Help Selecting Destination for 40 Birthday Group Trip
- 8 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 9 Accommodation San Sebastian
- 10 Tips on itinerary for 2 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 11 Traveling to NW Italy (Aosta)
- 12 SIXT car rental in US
- 13 Chef for Turks and Caicos
- 14 3 weeks in Siena Italy
- 15 April - Crete v Canaries? & Pregnant!
- 16 Visit to usa
- 17 insect repellent bracelets
- 18 Top travel destinations 2017
- 19 Your Favorite Rain coat?
- 20 Best place in March to travel with kids
- 21 Tour company or DIY?
- 22 Amtrak's AutoTrain - yes or no?
- 23 Itinerary Help! CDG Round Trip in 10 days
- 24 Credit Card Travel Protection insurance - did anyone used it?
- 25 Should I go for a GoPro, DSLR or drone?
Relaxing September Getaway: Scenic Destination with Outdoor Activities