My husband and I are looking for a place to go for 8 days in early September. Our criteria:
- Pleasantly warm weather (no hurricanes, extreme heat, frequent rain)
- Relatively secluded / romantic
- Preferably by the water with possibility of swimming / beaches
- Unforgettable scenery - beautiful enough to just lounge around and enjoy.
- Outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, and horseback riding
- Not too far from NYC (doable as an 8-day trip)
We loved Hawaii in September, so something in that vein would be perfect. (We're not considering Hawaii this year because it's a bit far given our time limit). We also looked into Iceland but seems like it'll be too cold by then. Central America seems to be out due to weather. Ditto the Caribbean. Asian destinations seem to be too far. I read that European destinations can be nice in September, but we really want to relax/enjoy nature vs. going to cities / towns and doing art/culture/history - we love that too, but this year really want a more relaxing vacation.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 How to Avoid Pickpockets in Paris
- 2 travelling with infant
- 3 What to do with mail when traveling
- 4 Prague & Croatia
- 5 Travelling in $2000 from Pakistan
- 6 a tablet for travelling...which one ?
- 7 destination help
- 8 Norway in November
- 9 3 kids under 5 - where to go from Cali
- 10 No bag policy at Pearl Harbor
- 11 Road Trip with kids LosAngeles to Nashville
- 12 Around the World - 6 months, more land and less planes
- 13 Time for Terminal 4 to 5
- 14 Schengen visa
- 15 Beach honeymoon in mid-September?
- 16 What do you look for in a hotel?
- 17 Do you use Yelp or Foursquare when traveling abroad?
- 18 Daypack Recommendation
- 19 Good backpack (lcabin luggage + daytrips)
- 20 greece to germany. doable?
- 21 Honeymoon in August. Beach. Where?
- 22 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 23 Road Trip, Little Rock AR to Austin TX
- 24 Which is a Better Route - I-80 or I-40
- 25 Travel Apps
Relaxing September Getaway: Scenic Destination with Outdoor Activities