My husband and I are looking for a place to go for 8 days in early September. Our criteria:
- Pleasantly warm weather (no hurricanes, extreme heat, frequent rain)
- Relatively secluded / romantic
- Preferably by the water with possibility of swimming / beaches
- Unforgettable scenery - beautiful enough to just lounge around and enjoy.
- Outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, and horseback riding
- Not too far from NYC (doable as an 8-day trip)
We loved Hawaii in September, so something in that vein would be perfect. (We're not considering Hawaii this year because it's a bit far given our time limit). We also looked into Iceland but seems like it'll be too cold by then. Central America seems to be out due to weather. Ditto the Caribbean. Asian destinations seem to be too far. I read that European destinations can be nice in September, but we really want to relax/enjoy nature vs. going to cities / towns and doing art/culture/history - we love that too, but this year really want a more relaxing vacation.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Quality DLs IDs certificates and Passports(Unique.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2 What do you pack in your toiletries bag?
- 3 Is the traditional apple picking trip overrated?
- 4 European chargers, Garmins & phones
- 5 I am a newbie backpacker. Please help?
- 6 Suggestions on suitcase size/brand
- 7 The Great Canadian Bungee: watch me jump!
- 8 Road trip from PA to NY
- 9 layover time - immigration process
- 10 Sunday Fundayz
- 11 Do you have a camping trip in the autumn
- 12 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 13 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 14 Year Long Travel
- 15 Packing light challenge
- 16 Reviewing a VRBO villa
- 17 Charter of a yacht
- 18 Travelling: Money Help
- 19 From Chicago to San Diego
- 20 Trip ideas for the winter
- 21 3-5hr drive from KCMO
- 22 Watch AFL finals in New Orleans
- 23 Minimalistic living for travel
- 24 What to pack for that trip
- 25 Birthday trip
Relaxing September Getaway: Scenic Destination with Outdoor Activities