My husband and I are looking for a place to go for 8 days in early September. Our criteria:
- Pleasantly warm weather (no hurricanes, extreme heat, frequent rain)
- Relatively secluded / romantic
- Preferably by the water with possibility of swimming / beaches
- Unforgettable scenery - beautiful enough to just lounge around and enjoy.
- Outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, and horseback riding
- Not too far from NYC (doable as an 8-day trip)
We loved Hawaii in September, so something in that vein would be perfect. (We're not considering Hawaii this year because it's a bit far given our time limit). We also looked into Iceland but seems like it'll be too cold by then. Central America seems to be out due to weather. Ditto the Caribbean. Asian destinations seem to be too far. I read that European destinations can be nice in September, but we really want to relax/enjoy nature vs. going to cities / towns and doing art/culture/history - we love that too, but this year really want a more relaxing vacation.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Relaxing September Getaway: Scenic Destination with Outdoor Activities
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Will pollution wreck my Beijing dreams ?
- 2 Road Trip from Boston to North Carolina
- 3 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 4 Torn between Trips
- 5 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 6 Carrying a smartphone
- 7 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 8 Health insurance for one month visit to USA
- 9 Keeping yourself safe while abroad
- 10 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 11 40th birthday trip with my husband
- 12 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 13 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 14 Saying hello to all the disc golf playing travelers!
- 15 50th birthday in January destination
- 16 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 17 Banks that do not charge foreign ATM fees
- 18 Discounted luggage websites
- 19 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 20 Bad recommendation on Super shuttle Paris
- 21 Advice about a cycling holiday
- 22 Best Time to Purchase Flights
- 23 22 hours layover in London Heathrow
- 24 Groupon Getaways
- 25 Rain Boots