My husband and I are looking for a place to go for 8 days in early September. Our criteria:
- Pleasantly warm weather (no hurricanes, extreme heat, frequent rain)
- Relatively secluded / romantic
- Preferably by the water with possibility of swimming / beaches
- Unforgettable scenery - beautiful enough to just lounge around and enjoy.
- Outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, and horseback riding
- Not too far from NYC (doable as an 8-day trip)
We loved Hawaii in September, so something in that vein would be perfect. (We're not considering Hawaii this year because it's a bit far given our time limit). We also looked into Iceland but seems like it'll be too cold by then. Central America seems to be out due to weather. Ditto the Caribbean. Asian destinations seem to be too far. I read that European destinations can be nice in September, but we really want to relax/enjoy nature vs. going to cities / towns and doing art/culture/history - we love that too, but this year really want a more relaxing vacation.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Advice for traveling with leg/hip pain
- 2 Husband's 40th Birthday
- 3 Packing a family of 8 in a minivan for an out of state camping trip
- 4 multi-destinations with multi-type travel
- 5 How to Avoid Pickpockets in Paris
- 6 5 Best travel apps? (open)
- 7 When to introduce kids to international travel?
- 8 Not quite sure where to go yet...
- 9 South Italy Trip Ideas
- 10 Ipad apps for travel in germany
- 11 Travel Bangkok to Songkhla
- 12 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 13 Daypack Recommendation
- 14 Grand Luxury Hotels
- 15 YQG to PMO on AC with connection in FCO on Alitalia
- 16 Where to go with an infant?
- 17 Retrieving Voice Mail abroad - Help me
- 18 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 19 Where is the most expensive hotel in the world?
- 20 3 kids under 5 - where to go from Cali
- 21 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 22 Baggage transfers - two separate bookings but same airlines
- 23 Trip ideas for 4 yo, 2 yo, and infant?
- 24 Around the World - 6 months, more land and less planes
- 25 Found Ring is 'lost' 3 days after it should have been mailed
Relaxing September Getaway: Scenic Destination with Outdoor Activities