I will be going alone to Nice for language course for 12 weeks early March to end of May. So I will most likely visit French Riviera or Southern France region during that period. And I will also be visiting Amsterdam, Rome, Paris, and other countries capital near to Nice (will be decided when already in Nice) before/after the course or even during that period only for 2-4 days each.
I'm wondering which guide books do I have to own and bring for my trip? The choices are between: continent (Europe, Western Europe, etc) vs. regional (Provence & Cote D'azur, Mediterranean, French Riviera, etc) vs. country (France, Italy, etc) vs. city (Paris, Rome, etc).
I will probably be able to bring 2 guide books. This is my first time traveling to Europe. Any suggestion or advise is most welcomed.
Thanks in advance!
Recommended Guide Books for My Trip
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 30th Birthday road trip ideas
- 2 ideas for summer travel that don't need to be planned way in advance
- 3 Europe Trip Itinerary Check
- 4 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 5 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 6 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 7 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 8 Delices & Gourmandises
- 9 Prepaid debit cards in Brazil
- 10 Packing Help - What to take
- 11 Amsterdam to Normandy
- 12 Places to travel in June or July
- 13 Visa expiration and re entry
- 14 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 15 Rovia booking engine
- 16 Jacket with pockets
- 17 2 Week Trip for Newleywed's - Adventure and Beach
- 18 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 19 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 20 Dual time zone watches
- 21 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 22 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 23 Website for good hotel rates?
- 24 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 25 What color nail polish in France