I will be going alone to Nice for language course for 12 weeks early March to end of May. So I will most likely visit French Riviera or Southern France region during that period. And I will also be visiting Amsterdam, Rome, Paris, and other countries capital near to Nice (will be decided when already in Nice) before/after the course or even during that period only for 2-4 days each.
I'm wondering which guide books do I have to own and bring for my trip? The choices are between: continent (Europe, Western Europe, etc) vs. regional (Provence & Cote D'azur, Mediterranean, French Riviera, etc) vs. country (France, Italy, etc) vs. city (Paris, Rome, etc).
I will probably be able to bring 2 guide books. This is my first time traveling to Europe. Any suggestion or advise is most welcomed.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 http://trycognimaxiq.com/image-revive-ca/
- 2 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 3 A most peculiar suitcase--it comes with shelves!
- 4 TravelAgent
- 5 Your Favorite Rain coat?
- 6 Paris city to Orly airport transport
- 7 Bad Experience
- 8 Egypt or Singapore ?
- 9 Business trip in early March
- 10 Mishap and Adventure studying English in Malta
- 11 Looking for clothing recommendations!
- 12 Family of 3-month long trip
- 13 Solo travel France / winter
- 14 What can i do to make Turkish airline to refund my unused tickets
- 15 Christmas warm weather
- 16 B. Hills/Badlands from Denver
- 17 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 18 SiobhanP Back looking for old Friends!
- 19 Detroit to Glacier National Park
- 20 Bruges or Copenhagen?!
- 21 Europe in December with a toddler - need to make plans ASAP
- 22 Want to go Munich
- 23 Rockies, Teton, Yellowstone, Glacier Parks
- 24 Road trip to Utah from CA
- 25 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone