I'm going to Nice, France for 12 weeks for language study. I will stay at host family. During that 12 weeks (on the afternoon after class or on weekends) and after that 12 weeks are over, I will also travel to some other cities.
So I have some questions (some might sound silly, but please pardon me for being a newbie in traveling) about security while in Nice and on the road.
1. I have money belt. Considering that I will spend 5 days a week from morning till noon in the class, should I wear the money belt during class or can I just use my wallet? And what about when walking around the town after the class?
2. Where exactly do I have to wear my money belt on? Tucked under the t-shirt? Or under the pants?
3. For the weekend trips (to Paris, Florence, Venice, etc), I will stay at hostel dorms which will not have locker in the room. Should I bring my cameras, money belt, and other valuables when going into the bathroom to shower or to the toilet? Or should I put them in the deposit box on the hostel receptionist/concierge?
4. When staying at hostel dorms with no locker in the room, should I wear the money belt when sleeping? And what about the cameras and other valuables in the bag, should I put it in the deposit box on the hostel receptionist/concierge? Or should I just hug the bag as bolster/pillow when sleeping?
5. When staying at hostel dorms with no locker in the room, when out exploring the cities (I bring all the valuables out with me), should I leave my bag (inside are clothes and some other stuff, but no valuables) on the dorm room? Or should I put it in the luggage deposit/room of the hostel?
6. When traveling by train, should I bring my backpack with me or leave it on my seat when going to the toilet?
I'd really appreciate your suggestions and advices on this. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 How to see lots of a country really quickly
- 2 thrifty - bad experience
- 3 Travel tips
- 4 Trip Insurance
- 5 Passport picture cost
- 6 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 7 Any restaurant in London to enjoy a meal watching a cabaret singing show?
- 8 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 9 Travelling Solo - Yay or Nay?
- 10 meditation - yoga - retreates.
- 11 Home security while traveling
- 12 Your help needed! survey: decision-making within branded airlines
- 13 What to pack for that trip
- 14 Hawaii or Europe for Babymoon
- 15 Booking.com and a scam. Beware
- 16 Honeymoon Ideas for February 2016
- 17 Thanksgiving Travel Ideas: 8 adults & 7 kids
- 18 Passport damage?
- 19 Travel from Turin, IT to Lucerne, SW
- 20 World trip
- 21 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam
- 22 Puerto Rico, Punta Cana or Cuba??
- 23 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 24 Passport expiration
- 25 Girls Trip Ideas