I'm going to Nice, France for 12 weeks for language study. I will stay at host family. During that 12 weeks (on the afternoon after class or on weekends) and after that 12 weeks are over, I will also travel to some other cities.
So I have some questions (some might sound silly, but please pardon me for being a newbie in traveling) about security while in Nice and on the road.
1. I have money belt. Considering that I will spend 5 days a week from morning till noon in the class, should I wear the money belt during class or can I just use my wallet? And what about when walking around the town after the class?
2. Where exactly do I have to wear my money belt on? Tucked under the t-shirt? Or under the pants?
3. For the weekend trips (to Paris, Florence, Venice, etc), I will stay at hostel dorms which will not have locker in the room. Should I bring my cameras, money belt, and other valuables when going into the bathroom to shower or to the toilet? Or should I put them in the deposit box on the hostel receptionist/concierge?
4. When staying at hostel dorms with no locker in the room, should I wear the money belt when sleeping? And what about the cameras and other valuables in the bag, should I put it in the deposit box on the hostel receptionist/concierge? Or should I just hug the bag as bolster/pillow when sleeping?
5. When staying at hostel dorms with no locker in the room, when out exploring the cities (I bring all the valuables out with me), should I leave my bag (inside are clothes and some other stuff, but no valuables) on the dorm room? Or should I put it in the luggage deposit/room of the hostel?
6. When traveling by train, should I bring my backpack with me or leave it on my seat when going to the toilet?
I'd really appreciate your suggestions and advices on this. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Should I use a travel agent?
- 2 40th Birthday Celebration
- 3 Where in the world can I make my dream, reality?
- 4 What Resources Do You Use to Book Complicated Trips?
- 5 Road trip from Denver or Salt Lake City?
- 6 What do you pack in your toiletries bag?
- 7 Difficult Decisions!!
- 8 Oceanfront Location - where in the world?
- 9 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 10 HoneyMoon - january
- 11 Glacier National Park Trip
- 12 Where to find volunteer work or hosteltrave job in the world
- 13 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 14 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 15 Road map- European
- 16 Travel idea for a 1 year old
- 17 Malaga Ave fast train- M Zambrano Train Station car return
- 18 xmas anywhere in europe
- 19 Need advice for Asia trip
- 20 Family Italy
- 21 Big Island vs Maui
- 22 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 23 Winter Vacation
- 24 To Paris From UK HOW?
- 25 Suggestions on suitcase size/brand