I'm going to Nice, France for 12 weeks for language study. I will stay at host family. During that 12 weeks (on the afternoon after class or on weekends) and after that 12 weeks are over, I will also travel to some other cities.
So I have some questions (some might sound silly, but please pardon me for being a newbie in traveling) about security while in Nice and on the road.
1. I have money belt. Considering that I will spend 5 days a week from morning till noon in the class, should I wear the money belt during class or can I just use my wallet? And what about when walking around the town after the class?
2. Where exactly do I have to wear my money belt on? Tucked under the t-shirt? Or under the pants?
3. For the weekend trips (to Paris, Florence, Venice, etc), I will stay at hostel dorms which will not have locker in the room. Should I bring my cameras, money belt, and other valuables when going into the bathroom to shower or to the toilet? Or should I put them in the deposit box on the hostel receptionist/concierge?
4. When staying at hostel dorms with no locker in the room, should I wear the money belt when sleeping? And what about the cameras and other valuables in the bag, should I put it in the deposit box on the hostel receptionist/concierge? Or should I just hug the bag as bolster/pillow when sleeping?
5. When staying at hostel dorms with no locker in the room, when out exploring the cities (I bring all the valuables out with me), should I leave my bag (inside are clothes and some other stuff, but no valuables) on the dorm room? Or should I put it in the luggage deposit/room of the hostel?
6. When traveling by train, should I bring my backpack with me or leave it on my seat when going to the toilet?
I'd really appreciate your suggestions and advices on this. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 RICOH PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT RICOH Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 How to find the best adventure tour
- 3 One month free to travel in February
- 4 If UK visit visa works for Europe too!
- 5 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 6 What to do on long flights?
- 7 How do you like my plan for a gap year?
- 8 Destination suggestion, departing from Vegas and returning to Detroit
- 9 How to travel with only carry on...with a baby
- 10 Feb - a week get away for 2 couples
- 11 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 12 Need Amalfi planning help
- 13 Where to go...April of 2018
- 14 Cautionary tale about ATM use
- 15 Why Access to Services at Home should not affect your next trip
- 16 California Zepher
- 17 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 18 Babymoon w/ toddler Fall Ideas (Zika)
- 19 6 day 5 night Honeymoon from US
- 20 Honeymoon ideas STAT
- 21 Looking for travel filmmakers to collaborate and travel together!
- 22 Airport robbery
- 23 Usefulness of a travel agent ?
- 24 New York City - Suite/Hotel
- 25 California Zepher (train)