I'm going to Nice, France for 12 weeks for language study. I will stay at host family. During that 12 weeks (on the afternoon after class or on weekends) and after that 12 weeks are over, I will also travel to some other cities.
So I have some questions (some might sound silly, but please pardon me for being a newbie in traveling) about security while in Nice and on the road.
1. I have money belt. Considering that I will spend 5 days a week from morning till noon in the class, should I wear the money belt during class or can I just use my wallet? And what about when walking around the town after the class?
2. Where exactly do I have to wear my money belt on? Tucked under the t-shirt? Or under the pants?
3. For the weekend trips (to Paris, Florence, Venice, etc), I will stay at hostel dorms which will not have locker in the room. Should I bring my cameras, money belt, and other valuables when going into the bathroom to shower or to the toilet? Or should I put them in the deposit box on the hostel receptionist/concierge?
4. When staying at hostel dorms with no locker in the room, should I wear the money belt when sleeping? And what about the cameras and other valuables in the bag, should I put it in the deposit box on the hostel receptionist/concierge? Or should I just hug the bag as bolster/pillow when sleeping?
5. When staying at hostel dorms with no locker in the room, when out exploring the cities (I bring all the valuables out with me), should I leave my bag (inside are clothes and some other stuff, but no valuables) on the dorm room? Or should I put it in the luggage deposit/room of the hostel?
6. When traveling by train, should I bring my backpack with me or leave it on my seat when going to the toilet?
I'd really appreciate your suggestions and advices on this. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 How to Avoid Pickpockets in Paris
- 2 Husband's 40th Birthday
- 3 Advice for traveling with leg/hip pain
- 4 Packing a family of 8 in a minivan for an out of state camping trip
- 5 multi-destinations with multi-type travel
- 6 5 Best travel apps? (open)
- 7 When to introduce kids to international travel?
- 8 Not quite sure where to go yet...
- 9 South Italy Trip Ideas
- 10 Ipad apps for travel in germany
- 11 Travel Bangkok to Songkhla
- 12 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 13 Daypack Recommendation
- 14 Grand Luxury Hotels
- 15 YQG to PMO on AC with connection in FCO on Alitalia
- 16 Where to go with an infant?
- 17 Retrieving Voice Mail abroad - Help me
- 18 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 19 Where is the most expensive hotel in the world?
- 20 3 kids under 5 - where to go from Cali
- 21 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 22 Baggage transfers - two separate bookings but same airlines
- 23 Trip ideas for 4 yo, 2 yo, and infant?
- 24 Around the World - 6 months, more land and less planes
- 25 Found Ring is 'lost' 3 days after it should have been mailed