I'm going to Nice, France for 12 weeks for language study. I will stay at host family. During that 12 weeks (on the afternoon after class or on weekends) and after that 12 weeks are over, I will also travel to some other cities.
So I have some questions (some might sound silly, but please pardon me for being a newbie in traveling) about security while in Nice and on the road.
1. I have money belt. Considering that I will spend 5 days a week from morning till noon in the class, should I wear the money belt during class or can I just use my wallet? And what about when walking around the town after the class?
2. Where exactly do I have to wear my money belt on? Tucked under the t-shirt? Or under the pants?
3. For the weekend trips (to Paris, Florence, Venice, etc), I will stay at hostel dorms which will not have locker in the room. Should I bring my cameras, money belt, and other valuables when going into the bathroom to shower or to the toilet? Or should I put them in the deposit box on the hostel receptionist/concierge?
4. When staying at hostel dorms with no locker in the room, should I wear the money belt when sleeping? And what about the cameras and other valuables in the bag, should I put it in the deposit box on the hostel receptionist/concierge? Or should I just hug the bag as bolster/pillow when sleeping?
5. When staying at hostel dorms with no locker in the room, when out exploring the cities (I bring all the valuables out with me), should I leave my bag (inside are clothes and some other stuff, but no valuables) on the dorm room? Or should I put it in the luggage deposit/room of the hostel?
6. When traveling by train, should I bring my backpack with me or leave it on my seat when going to the toilet?
I'd really appreciate your suggestions and advices on this. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 travel ideas mom with 17 16 yr old sons one likes outdoors the other city
- 2 Fodor's Phrase App
- 3 Forfeited money due to medical emergency
- 4 The "Vacation Problem"
- 5 First time euro traveler, ideas please!
- 6 Please help me find a phone that will work in France
- 7 Tom Harper River Cruise Company?
- 8 Baggage Limits
- 9 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 10 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 11 [liiperi] byliiperi 4 days ago 8 days around Almaty region - How to spend?
- 12 VPN and proxy server recommendations
- 13 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 14 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 15 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 16 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 17 Where is it that's warm, dry and intellectual?
- 18 30th Birthday Trip Ideas!
- 19 About EHIC card?
- 20 London, Amsterdam, Munich, and Barcelona in 17 days?
- 21 Packing Bottles of Gin in Checked Luggage
- 22 Best adventure/trek holiday ideas
- 23 quiet getaways for older women
- 24 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 25 Torn between Trips