I am a very active 22 year old male who has always wanted to travel the world. I've taken a few small backpacking trips, and until I turn 26 can fly very cheaply thanks to my dad's work, as long as I maintain some kind of student status. Long background short, I've averaged 80 hours a week this year as a roughneck saving up for this, along with volunteering with 1st graders and scrambling to maintain a 4.0 (2 years engineering, 2 business. Odd degree). I love teaching, and consider seeing/working in diverse places to be my personal holistic education in things worth passing on.
I'm in an awesome position financially/resume wise, but very, very tired. I have big ambitions, but need a way to rest first. What is a good way to do this? A part time job and cheap bed, where I can sleep lots, eat well, and lift properly again is my idea. (Maybe I can work out a flexible schedule that will allow lots of time for travel). I know I can figure the travel out later, where I can see lots of places, surf, and volunteer in places like Afghanistan where my church goes. But resting is very hard for me-days off are often more stressful than 20 hour shifts or finals. Anyone who's worked 100+ hr weeks and stayed up to finish a final I'm sure knows how that feels.
Any suggestions, stories, job ideas? Restaurant server, etc. I also like the idea of working holidays-teaching abroad, surf/snowboard instructor, laborer, etc.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Luxury Resorts in Jim Corbett | Best Resort in Jim Corbett
- 2 Too old maybe?
- 3 Visit to Northern California
- 4 Footing the bill for a family trip
- 5 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 6 Looking for suggestions for taking photos.
- 7 Anybody tells me about best destination in the Hawai?
- 8 Packing List for School Trip to Italy (Feedback please?)
- 9 Traveling to Niagara Falls-HELP ME!
- 10 What is the best time travel during your life?
- 11 Autism/Disability Travel
- 12 Travel idea for a 1 year old
- 13 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 14 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 15 Traveling with Kids - Suggestions for Planner/Scrapbook to BRING on Trip
- 16 3-4 day weekend getaway for group
- 17 Looking for suggestions for summer vacay
- 18 Pedometer for Kids
- 19 Road trip from San Diego to Atlanta
- 20 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 21 Won a trip to anywhere in the world + hotel... where should I go!?
- 22 Honeymoon help Seattle to San Diago
- 23 1 week mother-son trip in August. Where?
- 24 Nova Scotia and PEI
- 25 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?