I am a very active 22 year old male who has always wanted to travel the world. I've taken a few small backpacking trips, and until I turn 26 can fly very cheaply thanks to my dad's work, as long as I maintain some kind of student status. Long background short, I've averaged 80 hours a week this year as a roughneck saving up for this, along with volunteering with 1st graders and scrambling to maintain a 4.0 (2 years engineering, 2 business. Odd degree). I love teaching, and consider seeing/working in diverse places to be my personal holistic education in things worth passing on.
I'm in an awesome position financially/resume wise, but very, very tired. I have big ambitions, but need a way to rest first. What is a good way to do this? A part time job and cheap bed, where I can sleep lots, eat well, and lift properly again is my idea. (Maybe I can work out a flexible schedule that will allow lots of time for travel). I know I can figure the travel out later, where I can see lots of places, surf, and volunteer in places like Afghanistan where my church goes. But resting is very hard for me-days off are often more stressful than 20 hour shifts or finals. Anyone who's worked 100+ hr weeks and stayed up to finish a final I'm sure knows how that feels.
Any suggestions, stories, job ideas? Restaurant server, etc. I also like the idea of working holidays-teaching abroad, surf/snowboard instructor, laborer, etc.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 UNITED : HP SUPPORT CONTACT ☎ 1:844-669-7811 HP PRINTER 24*7
- 2 TripIt App?
- 3 What to do on long flights?
- 4 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 5 How realistic traveling without money actually is?
- 6 travel mate wanted
- 7 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 8 Fliip Key vs VRBO
- 9 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 10 Italy and Santorini Greece
- 11 Question about USD Value in Other Countrues
- 12 Packing Cubes
- 13 Roadtrip/Vacation Advice Needed
- 14 Vacation for two
- 15 What itinerary should I pick for Europe ?
- 16 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 17 Luggage Set - hardshell or softshell?
- 18 Eastern Europe ~ Help Please!
- 19 Some tips when using Air BnB
- 20 Packing must haves for the summer?
- 21 [ GEAR HELP ] -- what is the most effective WHITE sun hat
- 22 Female Traveling Solo to Moscow and St.petersburg
- 23 Mobile Apps for Travel
- 24 Motorcycle trip
- 25 Suggestions for family w/teenagers trip out West - never been there!