I am a very active 22 year old male who has always wanted to travel the world. I've taken a few small backpacking trips, and until I turn 26 can fly very cheaply thanks to my dad's work, as long as I maintain some kind of student status. Long background short, I've averaged 80 hours a week this year as a roughneck saving up for this, along with volunteering with 1st graders and scrambling to maintain a 4.0 (2 years engineering, 2 business. Odd degree). I love teaching, and consider seeing/working in diverse places to be my personal holistic education in things worth passing on.
I'm in an awesome position financially/resume wise, but very, very tired. I have big ambitions, but need a way to rest first. What is a good way to do this? A part time job and cheap bed, where I can sleep lots, eat well, and lift properly again is my idea. (Maybe I can work out a flexible schedule that will allow lots of time for travel). I know I can figure the travel out later, where I can see lots of places, surf, and volunteer in places like Afghanistan where my church goes. But resting is very hard for me-days off are often more stressful than 20 hour shifts or finals. Anyone who's worked 100+ hr weeks and stayed up to finish a final I'm sure knows how that feels.
Any suggestions, stories, job ideas? Restaurant server, etc. I also like the idea of working holidays-teaching abroad, surf/snowboard instructor, laborer, etc.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Delectable Diwali Gifts Hampers
- 2 teenage/grandparent trip to Switzerland
- 3 Cross-Country trip advice
- 4 http://www.drhelpnutrition.org/pronabolin-reviews/
- 5 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 6 Working with an agency
- 7 Ideas please for January trip, family of 5, for about $3000
- 8 Trip to Greece
- 9 Managing Travel Photographs
- 10 Daypack Recommendation
- 11 How do you 'handle' your digital photos when on a trip
- 12 Wildlife photography courses
- 13 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 14 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 15 51st Birthday Trip
- 16 RV traveling in a fifth wheel out West
- 17 THe case for linen
- 18 JFK from manhattan on marathon sunday
- 19 MS Slendida
- 20 currency app
- 21 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 22 All purpose soap
- 23 Well Needed Getaway
- 24 Packing a stuffed animal.
- 25 How to get a Reliable coach hire company