I am a very active 22 year old male who has always wanted to travel the world. I've taken a few small backpacking trips, and until I turn 26 can fly very cheaply thanks to my dad's work, as long as I maintain some kind of student status. Long background short, I've averaged 80 hours a week this year as a roughneck saving up for this, along with volunteering with 1st graders and scrambling to maintain a 4.0 (2 years engineering, 2 business. Odd degree). I love teaching, and consider seeing/working in diverse places to be my personal holistic education in things worth passing on.
I'm in an awesome position financially/resume wise, but very, very tired. I have big ambitions, but need a way to rest first. What is a good way to do this? A part time job and cheap bed, where I can sleep lots, eat well, and lift properly again is my idea. (Maybe I can work out a flexible schedule that will allow lots of time for travel). I know I can figure the travel out later, where I can see lots of places, surf, and volunteer in places like Afghanistan where my church goes. But resting is very hard for me-days off are often more stressful than 20 hour shifts or finals. Anyone who's worked 100+ hr weeks and stayed up to finish a final I'm sure knows how that feels.
Any suggestions, stories, job ideas? Restaurant server, etc. I also like the idea of working holidays-teaching abroad, surf/snowboard instructor, laborer, etc.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 How to see lots of a country really quickly
- 2 thrifty - bad experience
- 3 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 4 Travel tips
- 5 Trip Insurance
- 6 Passport picture cost
- 7 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 8 Any restaurant in London to enjoy a meal watching a cabaret singing show?
- 9 Travelling Solo - Yay or Nay?
- 10 meditation - yoga - retreates.
- 11 Home security while traveling
- 12 Your help needed! survey: decision-making within branded airlines
- 13 What to pack for that trip
- 14 Hawaii or Europe for Babymoon
- 15 Booking.com and a scam. Beware
- 16 Honeymoon Ideas for February 2016
- 17 Thanksgiving Travel Ideas: 8 adults & 7 kids
- 18 Passport damage?
- 19 Travel from Turin, IT to Lucerne, SW
- 20 World trip
- 21 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam
- 22 Puerto Rico, Punta Cana or Cuba??
- 23 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 24 Passport expiration
- 25 Girls Trip Ideas