I am a very active 22 year old male who has always wanted to travel the world. I've taken a few small backpacking trips, and until I turn 26 can fly very cheaply thanks to my dad's work, as long as I maintain some kind of student status. Long background short, I've averaged 80 hours a week this year as a roughneck saving up for this, along with volunteering with 1st graders and scrambling to maintain a 4.0 (2 years engineering, 2 business. Odd degree). I love teaching, and consider seeing/working in diverse places to be my personal holistic education in things worth passing on.
I'm in an awesome position financially/resume wise, but very, very tired. I have big ambitions, but need a way to rest first. What is a good way to do this? A part time job and cheap bed, where I can sleep lots, eat well, and lift properly again is my idea. (Maybe I can work out a flexible schedule that will allow lots of time for travel). I know I can figure the travel out later, where I can see lots of places, surf, and volunteer in places like Afghanistan where my church goes. But resting is very hard for me-days off are often more stressful than 20 hour shifts or finals. Anyone who's worked 100+ hr weeks and stayed up to finish a final I'm sure knows how that feels.
Any suggestions, stories, job ideas? Restaurant server, etc. I also like the idea of working holidays-teaching abroad, surf/snowboard instructor, laborer, etc.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Award Tickets
- 2 Thrifty Car Rentals Review - You rent a car, but the deal is a bomb!
- 3 Dollar Rent a Car - Good Experiences?
- 4 dollar rent a car
- 5 Travel to London/Paris/Rome
- 6 September Whim
- 7 How do you organize your trip options such as restaurants and sights?
- 8 New Convertible Bag for Teen?
- 9 Trip with friend
- 10 advise for trip to Paris, Nice, Switzerland and Milan
- 11 Two weeks to make a decision where to travel...
- 12 Trip Ideas for Senior Parents
- 13 What to pack for that trip
- 14 Mountain Honeymoon Destination
- 15 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 16 Lightweight carry-on that will meet Lufthansa's strict requirements?
- 17 honeymoon croatia and italy
- 18 My inbox is a total mess after 3 weeks trekking. Solutions?
- 19 Globus...Yay or nay?
- 20 40th birthday
- 21 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 22 Tom Harper River Cruise Company?
- 23 Must Haves in a travel kit. Battle of the sexes !
- 24 Packing vs Shipping when moving abroad
- 25 Need a little advice on newbie traveling overseas