I am a very active 22 year old male who has always wanted to travel the world. I've taken a few small backpacking trips, and until I turn 26 can fly very cheaply thanks to my dad's work, as long as I maintain some kind of student status. Long background short, I've averaged 80 hours a week this year as a roughneck saving up for this, along with volunteering with 1st graders and scrambling to maintain a 4.0 (2 years engineering, 2 business. Odd degree). I love teaching, and consider seeing/working in diverse places to be my personal holistic education in things worth passing on.
I'm in an awesome position financially/resume wise, but very, very tired. I have big ambitions, but need a way to rest first. What is a good way to do this? A part time job and cheap bed, where I can sleep lots, eat well, and lift properly again is my idea. (Maybe I can work out a flexible schedule that will allow lots of time for travel). I know I can figure the travel out later, where I can see lots of places, surf, and volunteer in places like Afghanistan where my church goes. But resting is very hard for me-days off are often more stressful than 20 hour shifts or finals. Anyone who's worked 100+ hr weeks and stayed up to finish a final I'm sure knows how that feels.
Any suggestions, stories, job ideas? Restaurant server, etc. I also like the idea of working holidays-teaching abroad, surf/snowboard instructor, laborer, etc.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Help with choosing guided tour
- 2 Trip ideas for the winter
- 3 Trip inspiration needed
- 4 A Black Bear Blog: Algonquin Park
- 5 I am a newbie backpacker. Please help?
- 6 Is the traditional apple picking trip overrated?
- 7 Honeymoon August 2016
- 8 Ireland to ???
- 9 European chargers, Garmins & phones
- 10 Suggestions on suitcase size/brand
- 11 The Great Canadian Bungee: watch me jump!
- 12 Road trip from PA to NY
- 13 layover time - immigration process
- 14 Sunday Fundayz
- 15 Do you have a camping trip in the autumn
- 16 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 17 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 18 Year Long Travel
- 19 Packing light challenge
- 20 Reviewing a VRBO villa
- 21 Charter of a yacht
- 22 Travelling: Money Help
- 23 From Chicago to San Diego
- 24 3-5hr drive from KCMO
- 25 Watch AFL finals in New Orleans