I am a very active 22 year old male who has always wanted to travel the world. I've taken a few small backpacking trips, and until I turn 26 can fly very cheaply thanks to my dad's work, as long as I maintain some kind of student status. Long background short, I've averaged 80 hours a week this year as a roughneck saving up for this, along with volunteering with 1st graders and scrambling to maintain a 4.0 (2 years engineering, 2 business. Odd degree). I love teaching, and consider seeing/working in diverse places to be my personal holistic education in things worth passing on.
I'm in an awesome position financially/resume wise, but very, very tired. I have big ambitions, but need a way to rest first. What is a good way to do this? A part time job and cheap bed, where I can sleep lots, eat well, and lift properly again is my idea. (Maybe I can work out a flexible schedule that will allow lots of time for travel). I know I can figure the travel out later, where I can see lots of places, surf, and volunteer in places like Afghanistan where my church goes. But resting is very hard for me-days off are often more stressful than 20 hour shifts or finals. Anyone who's worked 100+ hr weeks and stayed up to finish a final I'm sure knows how that feels.
Any suggestions, stories, job ideas? Restaurant server, etc. I also like the idea of working holidays-teaching abroad, surf/snowboard instructor, laborer, etc.
Thanks very much!
Preparing For A See-The-World Trip
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Discounted luggage websites
- 2 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 3 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 4 Crossing Borders
- 5 Help? Where to go with an 18 year old boy?
- 6 Need Help: Winter US/Carrib Vacation Ideas
- 7 RDIF Security Bags/Wallets
- 8 Anniversary trip
- 9 Traveling long haul for the first time
- 10 Light weight Luggage
- 11 Carry-on Luggage
- 12 Traveling with a smartphone
- 13 Which place would you like to travel ?
- 14 Transferring on an international flight
- 15 Accessing online banking while in Europe
- 16 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 17 AutoSlash and Hotel Tonight - Your Reviews
- 18 Thanksgiving week trip
- 19 Is there a company or website that compares SIM cards?
- 20 Around the World Ticket/Trips
- 21 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 22 Thrifty OHare parking
- 23 Saving money travelling the world
- 24 Family Holiday in Turkey-with three kids aged 12,10 & 7
- 25 Hitchhiking robot - way cool!