I am a very active 22 year old male who has always wanted to travel the world. I've taken a few small backpacking trips, and until I turn 26 can fly very cheaply thanks to my dad's work, as long as I maintain some kind of student status. Long background short, I've averaged 80 hours a week this year as a roughneck saving up for this, along with volunteering with 1st graders and scrambling to maintain a 4.0 (2 years engineering, 2 business. Odd degree). I love teaching, and consider seeing/working in diverse places to be my personal holistic education in things worth passing on.
I'm in an awesome position financially/resume wise, but very, very tired. I have big ambitions, but need a way to rest first. What is a good way to do this? A part time job and cheap bed, where I can sleep lots, eat well, and lift properly again is my idea. (Maybe I can work out a flexible schedule that will allow lots of time for travel). I know I can figure the travel out later, where I can see lots of places, surf, and volunteer in places like Afghanistan where my church goes. But resting is very hard for me-days off are often more stressful than 20 hour shifts or finals. Anyone who's worked 100+ hr weeks and stayed up to finish a final I'm sure knows how that feels.
Any suggestions, stories, job ideas? Restaurant server, etc. I also like the idea of working holidays-teaching abroad, surf/snowboard instructor, laborer, etc.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Reluctant Solo Traveler
- 2 Advanced Beauty Group - Best Country to Visit
- 3 What should my teenage boys wear in August in Italy
- 4 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 5 Where to keep important documents
- 6 Road Trip: - Venice - Florence - Rome
- 7 Last minute tips, specially in Southern Asia
- 8 Road Trip - Memphis, Savannah, and Charleston
- 9 One bag travel for honeymooners
- 10 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 11 Holiday to Florida
- 12 Sim Card Advice
- 13 To all of you who are responsible for hotel breakfast buffets!
- 14 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 15 First Timer: Traveling to Amsterdam Need advice
- 16 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 17 Minimalistic living for travel
- 18 Rain Boots
- 19 Schengen Visa
- 20 Surprise Trip to Paris
- 21 Fodor's Phrase App
- 22 Bad recommendation on Super shuttle Paris
- 23 Rental car for 5 people
- 24 The "Vacation Problem"
- 25 Please help me find a phone that will work in France