I am a very active 22 year old male who has always wanted to travel the world. I've taken a few small backpacking trips, and until I turn 26 can fly very cheaply thanks to my dad's work, as long as I maintain some kind of student status. Long background short, I've averaged 80 hours a week this year as a roughneck saving up for this, along with volunteering with 1st graders and scrambling to maintain a 4.0 (2 years engineering, 2 business. Odd degree). I love teaching, and consider seeing/working in diverse places to be my personal holistic education in things worth passing on.
I'm in an awesome position financially/resume wise, but very, very tired. I have big ambitions, but need a way to rest first. What is a good way to do this? A part time job and cheap bed, where I can sleep lots, eat well, and lift properly again is my idea. (Maybe I can work out a flexible schedule that will allow lots of time for travel). I know I can figure the travel out later, where I can see lots of places, surf, and volunteer in places like Afghanistan where my church goes. But resting is very hard for me-days off are often more stressful than 20 hour shifts or finals. Anyone who's worked 100+ hr weeks and stayed up to finish a final I'm sure knows how that feels.
Any suggestions, stories, job ideas? Restaurant server, etc. I also like the idea of working holidays-teaching abroad, surf/snowboard instructor, laborer, etc.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 http://top10sideeffects.com/stack-xtreme/
- 2 Comfortable shoes that can go to dinner
- 3 Help us pick our 10 year anniversary destination!
- 4 First time traveler
- 5 Go-Pro or Olympus Tough camera
- 6 Mapping tool for multi-mode, multi-destination trip?
- 7 Exploring a City
- 8 Dolomites for 2 days
- 9 May or June trip ideas with 2 adult children
- 10 Drive from SD to Yellowstone
- 11 Travel from Alaska to Chicago by train?
- 12 Footwear / clothing for adventure / exploring
- 13 Looking for a Travel Buddy to Explore More of Eastern Europe and Spain
- 14 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 15 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 16 looking for travel buddy to join kanha national park trip
- 17 Passport Help!!!
- 18 First time travelling outside the USA
- 19 Iceland-Landmannalaugar
- 20 hiking poles in carry on
- 21 Llego a Roma el 21 de febrero...
- 22 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 23 11 days in Vietnam - need input on itinerary
- 24 Portland/Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver
- 25 Terrified traveller