I am a very active 22 year old male who has always wanted to travel the world. I've taken a few small backpacking trips, and until I turn 26 can fly very cheaply thanks to my dad's work, as long as I maintain some kind of student status. Long background short, I've averaged 80 hours a week this year as a roughneck saving up for this, along with volunteering with 1st graders and scrambling to maintain a 4.0 (2 years engineering, 2 business. Odd degree). I love teaching, and consider seeing/working in diverse places to be my personal holistic education in things worth passing on.
I'm in an awesome position financially/resume wise, but very, very tired. I have big ambitions, but need a way to rest first. What is a good way to do this? A part time job and cheap bed, where I can sleep lots, eat well, and lift properly again is my idea. (Maybe I can work out a flexible schedule that will allow lots of time for travel). I know I can figure the travel out later, where I can see lots of places, surf, and volunteer in places like Afghanistan where my church goes. But resting is very hard for me-days off are often more stressful than 20 hour shifts or finals. Anyone who's worked 100+ hr weeks and stayed up to finish a final I'm sure knows how that feels.
Any suggestions, stories, job ideas? Restaurant server, etc. I also like the idea of working holidays-teaching abroad, surf/snowboard instructor, laborer, etc.
Thanks very much!
Preparing For A See-The-World Trip
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 How should I prepafe myself?
- 2 Expedia Flight+Hotel
- 3 never fly LIAT
- 4 Travel Books for Kids?
- 5 All purpose soap
- 6 quiet getaways for older women
- 7 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 8 Andrews FCU card and Car Rental CDW
- 9 1-month trip idea for 3 guys in their 20s in June-July?
- 10 trip ideas in May...
- 11 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 12 Currency exchange, the best deal?
- 13 finding last minute packages
- 14 What is Meningitis? And does it require to travel to Saudia Arabia?
- 15 My Dream Trip Itinerary - What Do You Think?
- 16 Traditional Afternoon Tea, Best Fish and Chips in London
- 17 Best adventure/trek holiday ideas
- 18 What book should I read?
- 19 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 20 Road trip in Italy
- 21 Hostel suggestions
- 22 Help planning vacation to Vancouver, Seattle & San Juan islands
- 23 Haroon Mahmood - Need Idea & Tips For Travel Italy
- 24 Summer Teaching Jobs Abroad
- 25 Where to travel?