I am a very active 22 year old male who has always wanted to travel the world. I've taken a few small backpacking trips, and until I turn 26 can fly very cheaply thanks to my dad's work, as long as I maintain some kind of student status. Long background short, I've averaged 80 hours a week this year as a roughneck saving up for this, along with volunteering with 1st graders and scrambling to maintain a 4.0 (2 years engineering, 2 business. Odd degree). I love teaching, and consider seeing/working in diverse places to be my personal holistic education in things worth passing on.
I'm in an awesome position financially/resume wise, but very, very tired. I have big ambitions, but need a way to rest first. What is a good way to do this? A part time job and cheap bed, where I can sleep lots, eat well, and lift properly again is my idea. (Maybe I can work out a flexible schedule that will allow lots of time for travel). I know I can figure the travel out later, where I can see lots of places, surf, and volunteer in places like Afghanistan where my church goes. But resting is very hard for me-days off are often more stressful than 20 hour shifts or finals. Anyone who's worked 100+ hr weeks and stayed up to finish a final I'm sure knows how that feels.
Any suggestions, stories, job ideas? Restaurant server, etc. I also like the idea of working holidays-teaching abroad, surf/snowboard instructor, laborer, etc.
Thanks very much!
Preparing For A See-The-World Trip
- 1 Advice, thoughts on living in Male, Maldives
- 2 Luggage Tags
- 3 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 4 Technology tips, and travel
- 5 Christmas break vacation destination ideas?
- 6 Where to go on Christmas?
- 7 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 8 Your Best Travel Tips
- 9 How is the United Lounge at LAX?
- 10 Which Travel Bag
- 11 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 12 Suggestions for Spain & Portugal
- 13 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 14 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 15 europe In January
- 16 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 17 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 18 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 19 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 20 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 21 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 22 Holiday Travel Plans
- 23 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 24 Purchasing a flight with someone else's frequent flyer points
- 25 Which Hotel is near to Northern arizona university, Flagstaff