I am a very active 22 year old male who has always wanted to travel the world. I've taken a few small backpacking trips, and until I turn 26 can fly very cheaply thanks to my dad's work, as long as I maintain some kind of student status. Long background short, I've averaged 80 hours a week this year as a roughneck saving up for this, along with volunteering with 1st graders and scrambling to maintain a 4.0 (2 years engineering, 2 business. Odd degree). I love teaching, and consider seeing/working in diverse places to be my personal holistic education in things worth passing on.
I'm in an awesome position financially/resume wise, but very, very tired. I have big ambitions, but need a way to rest first. What is a good way to do this? A part time job and cheap bed, where I can sleep lots, eat well, and lift properly again is my idea. (Maybe I can work out a flexible schedule that will allow lots of time for travel). I know I can figure the travel out later, where I can see lots of places, surf, and volunteer in places like Afghanistan where my church goes. But resting is very hard for me-days off are often more stressful than 20 hour shifts or finals. Anyone who's worked 100+ hr weeks and stayed up to finish a final I'm sure knows how that feels.
Any suggestions, stories, job ideas? Restaurant server, etc. I also like the idea of working holidays-teaching abroad, surf/snowboard instructor, laborer, etc.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Min Travel Egypt
- 2 Why Access to Services at Home should not affect your next trip
- 3 New York City - Suite/Hotel
- 4 Planning your next vacation
- 5 Need Suggestions!!!!!
- 6 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 7 Early November Vacation Thoughts?
- 8 Nova Scotia & Cabot Trail
- 9 suggestions to travel the world for 450 Days
- 10 Anti-pickpocket Tip
- 11 Road trip stops
- 12 13 passenger van rental Orlando airport
- 13 Cautionary tale about ATM use
- 14 Travel towel?
- 15 Tips for tour guides on a week or longer trip
- 16 Trip from Lecce, Italy to Pescara, Abruzzo.
- 17 Favorite budget travel items?
- 18 Traveling with refrigerated medications
- 19 Basel - bern - niederwangen
- 20 Buying Russia train tickets
- 21 Exotic Travel Suggestions - May/June 2018
- 22 Travel Around Belgium with Side Trip to Amsterdam
- 23 Ecuador, Panama, or Costa Rica
- 24 Best Way 3 days Quebec City to Newark Airport
- 25 Phone services in Western Europe