I am a very active 22 year old male who has always wanted to travel the world. I've taken a few small backpacking trips, and until I turn 26 can fly very cheaply thanks to my dad's work, as long as I maintain some kind of student status. Long background short, I've averaged 80 hours a week this year as a roughneck saving up for this, along with volunteering with 1st graders and scrambling to maintain a 4.0 (2 years engineering, 2 business. Odd degree). I love teaching, and consider seeing/working in diverse places to be my personal holistic education in things worth passing on.
I'm in an awesome position financially/resume wise, but very, very tired. I have big ambitions, but need a way to rest first. What is a good way to do this? A part time job and cheap bed, where I can sleep lots, eat well, and lift properly again is my idea. (Maybe I can work out a flexible schedule that will allow lots of time for travel). I know I can figure the travel out later, where I can see lots of places, surf, and volunteer in places like Afghanistan where my church goes. But resting is very hard for me-days off are often more stressful than 20 hour shifts or finals. Anyone who's worked 100+ hr weeks and stayed up to finish a final I'm sure knows how that feels.
Any suggestions, stories, job ideas? Restaurant server, etc. I also like the idea of working holidays-teaching abroad, surf/snowboard instructor, laborer, etc.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 http://top10sideeffects.com/diabazole/
- 2 TravelAgent
- 3 Your Favorite Rain coat?
- 4 Paris city to Orly airport transport
- 5 Bad Experience
- 6 Egypt or Singapore ?
- 7 Business trip in early March
- 8 Mishap and Adventure studying English in Malta
- 9 Looking for clothing recommendations!
- 10 Family of 3-month long trip
- 11 Solo travel France / winter
- 12 What can i do to make Turkish airline to refund my unused tickets
- 13 Christmas warm weather
- 14 B. Hills/Badlands from Denver
- 15 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 16 SiobhanP Back looking for old Friends!
- 17 Detroit to Glacier National Park
- 18 Bruges or Copenhagen?!
- 19 Europe in December with a toddler - need to make plans ASAP
- 20 Want to go Munich
- 21 Rockies, Teton, Yellowstone, Glacier Parks
- 22 Road trip to Utah from CA
- 23 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 24 US (Road or Air) Trip Ideas for December
- 25 Credit Card Travel Protection insurance - did anyone used it?