I am a very active 22 year old male who has always wanted to travel the world. I've taken a few small backpacking trips, and until I turn 26 can fly very cheaply thanks to my dad's work, as long as I maintain some kind of student status. Long background short, I've averaged 80 hours a week this year as a roughneck saving up for this, along with volunteering with 1st graders and scrambling to maintain a 4.0 (2 years engineering, 2 business. Odd degree). I love teaching, and consider seeing/working in diverse places to be my personal holistic education in things worth passing on.
I'm in an awesome position financially/resume wise, but very, very tired. I have big ambitions, but need a way to rest first. What is a good way to do this? A part time job and cheap bed, where I can sleep lots, eat well, and lift properly again is my idea. (Maybe I can work out a flexible schedule that will allow lots of time for travel). I know I can figure the travel out later, where I can see lots of places, surf, and volunteer in places like Afghanistan where my church goes. But resting is very hard for me-days off are often more stressful than 20 hour shifts or finals. Anyone who's worked 100+ hr weeks and stayed up to finish a final I'm sure knows how that feels.
Any suggestions, stories, job ideas? Restaurant server, etc. I also like the idea of working holidays-teaching abroad, surf/snowboard instructor, laborer, etc.
Thanks very much!
Preparing For A See-The-World Trip
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Your Best Travel Tips
- 2 First Solo Trip -- Mid 20's Female --Where to go???
- 3 Economy Class Seat: Bulkhead Row? (Boeing 777)
- 4 Useful travel apps
- 5 I need people to do a road trip to USA
- 6 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 7 Road Scholar
- 8 Driving from New York to South Florida and staying over 1 night
- 9 Base city in England
- 10 Suggestions please
- 11 Credit Card FF Program Retention/Waive Fee
- 12 Checklist: What to Do Before You Go
- 13 What's your experience with groupon.com?
- 14 vow renewal
- 15 what size suitcase holds 40 pounds?
- 16 Spain and Morocco in 2 weeks
- 17 Solo Woman traveller ! Yes you TOO can make it.
- 18 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 19 Travel Agent: what to do if their cost is more than your research?
- 20 Do you know Torquay hotel in UK
- 21 Where to go for "Once in a lifetime vacation"?
- 22 Traveling tips during fall
- 23 Beach Wedding Location Ideas!
- 24 Ideas for Organizing Travel Information on iphone?
- 25 How much cash do you carry before a trip?