This July my 19 yr old daughter and I are planning a trip to Portland, OR (business for me) and afterwards leisure going possibly to Vancouver and definitely California--ending in Los Angeles. We will have about 8 days for traveling. To keep costs down, would it be advisable to skip Vancover and go straight to CA? Would it be better to drive from Portland, OR to California of fly? If so, what are my options as far as driving routes and must see things between OR and CA and places to stay along the way? I'm really not fond of car rides that are longer than 5 or 6 hours. Your help is appreciated. Thank you.
Portland, OR to California vs. Vancouver
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Video Contest
- 2 40th Birthday Trip
- 3 New York, Vegas or the Carribean
- 4 Mailing travel gifts from abroad
- 5 A Killer Whale Spectacle in Nice
- 6 Traveling long haul for the first time
- 7 Vacation with 1 year old?
- 8 First Time Going to Europe - Ideas?
- 9 Where to go in February/March
- 10 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 11 mid December honeymoon in Europe
- 12 Waterproof spray
- 13 https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JBCJJHY
- 14 Honeymoon
- 15 Are these shoes too American looking?
- 16 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 17 Where to go over New Years?
- 18 Most Exotic and Adventurous Trip Possible
- 19 Help finding a beach resort w/ nightlife for a young couple!
- 20 my travel ignorance
- 21 Your favorite USA car rental company
- 22 Your Best Travel Tips
- 23 Northern Lights
- 24 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 25 Road trip along the east coast with tween & teen