This July my 19 yr old daughter and I are planning a trip to Portland, OR (business for me) and afterwards leisure going possibly to Vancouver and definitely California--ending in Los Angeles. We will have about 8 days for traveling. To keep costs down, would it be advisable to skip Vancover and go straight to CA? Would it be better to drive from Portland, OR to California of fly? If so, what are my options as far as driving routes and must see things between OR and CA and places to stay along the way? I'm really not fond of car rides that are longer than 5 or 6 hours. Your help is appreciated. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Why Access to Services at Home should not affect your next trip
- 2 Where to go...April of 2018
- 3 California Zepher
- 4 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 5 Babymoon w/ toddler Fall Ideas (Zika)
- 6 Cautionary tale about ATM use
- 7 6 day 5 night Honeymoon from US
- 8 Honeymoon ideas STAT
- 9 Looking for travel filmmakers to collaborate and travel together!
- 10 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 11 Airport robbery
- 12 Usefulness of a travel agent ?
- 13 New York City - Suite/Hotel
- 14 California Zepher (train)
- 15 Renewing a child's passport in 24 hours
- 16 Need Amalfi planning help
- 17 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 18 Travel towel?
- 19 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 20 Trip from Lecce, Italy to Pescara, Abruzzo.
- 21 suggestions to travel the world for 450 Days
- 22 Early November Vacation Thoughts?
- 23 Nova Scotia & Cabot Trail
- 24 Road trip stops
- 25 Need Suggestions!!!!!