I have an opportunity for 2 -3 weeks off from work this Summer and believe it or not I have NEVER been to Europe but the downside is I will be travelling ALONE, I am a 50 year old guy, divorced, kids away all Summer and I have always dreamed of going to Europe, I have made all the necessary preparations at my job now I only need some guidance! How does ome even go about planning something like this? This is something I should have done YEARS ago but life got in the way and now that I am still relatively young and "nimble" I would like to take advantage of this while I can. What Cities would people suggest? Planes? Trains? Automobiles? Inexpensive ( I hear Hostels are for everyone not just for "youths"!) places to stay, places to see etc etc? Any feedback given would be most appreciated! Thank you!!
Planning 2-3 week 1st time travel to Europe Summer 2009 Solo
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Baggage
- 2 Will pollution wreck my Beijing dreams ?
- 3 40th birthday trip with my husband
- 4 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 5 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 6 Saying hello to all the disc golf playing travelers!
- 7 50th birthday in January destination
- 8 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 9 Banks that do not charge foreign ATM fees
- 10 Discounted luggage websites
- 11 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 12 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 13 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 14 Carrying a smartphone
- 15 Bad recommendation on Super shuttle Paris
- 16 Advice about a cycling holiday
- 17 Best Time to Purchase Flights
- 18 22 hours layover in London Heathrow
- 19 Groupon Getaways
- 20 Rain Boots
- 21 Travel Books for Kids?
- 22 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 23 Ideas for 40th Birthday
- 24 Travel Ideas for Family with 3 young boys
- 25 1-month trip idea for 3 guys in their 20s in June-July?