I have an opportunity for 2 -3 weeks off from work this Summer and believe it or not I have NEVER been to Europe but the downside is I will be travelling ALONE, I am a 50 year old guy, divorced, kids away all Summer and I have always dreamed of going to Europe, I have made all the necessary preparations at my job now I only need some guidance! How does ome even go about planning something like this? This is something I should have done YEARS ago but life got in the way and now that I am still relatively young and "nimble" I would like to take advantage of this while I can. What Cities would people suggest? Planes? Trains? Automobiles? Inexpensive ( I hear Hostels are for everyone not just for "youths"!) places to stay, places to see etc etc? Any feedback given would be most appreciated! Thank you!!
Planning 2-3 week 1st time travel to Europe Summer 2009 Solo
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 40th Birthday Trip
- 2 First Time Going to Europe - Ideas?
- 3 Honeymoon
- 4 Are these shoes too American looking?
- 5 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 6 Where to go over New Years?
- 7 Most Exotic and Adventurous Trip Possible
- 8 Help finding a beach resort w/ nightlife for a young couple!
- 9 my travel ignorance
- 10 Your favorite USA car rental company
- 11 Your Best Travel Tips
- 12 Northern Lights
- 13 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 14 Road trip along the east coast with tween & teen
- 15 First Trip To Japan and South Korea Solo!
- 16 Travel Insurance or not
- 17 Duffel size needed for 33lb limit
- 18 Economy PLus on United to China
- 19 Down or synthetic sleeping bag?
- 20 Light weight Luggage
- 21 3 weeks backpacking around Europe, how to call home?
- 22 Online Booking Agency- which one to use?
- 23 Teaching Abroad with Expiring Passport
- 24 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 25 Favorite airline and hotel booking sites