I have an opportunity for 2 -3 weeks off from work this Summer and believe it or not I have NEVER been to Europe but the downside is I will be travelling ALONE, I am a 50 year old guy, divorced, kids away all Summer and I have always dreamed of going to Europe, I have made all the necessary preparations at my job now I only need some guidance! How does ome even go about planning something like this? This is something I should have done YEARS ago but life got in the way and now that I am still relatively young and "nimble" I would like to take advantage of this while I can. What Cities would people suggest? Planes? Trains? Automobiles? Inexpensive ( I hear Hostels are for everyone not just for "youths"!) places to stay, places to see etc etc? Any feedback given would be most appreciated! Thank you!!
Planning 2-3 week 1st time travel to Europe Summer 2009 Solo
View all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Technology tips, and travel
- 2 Your Best Travel Tips
- 3 Luggage Tags
- 4 Air pollution while in India
- 5 Advice, thoughts on living in Male, Maldives
- 6 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 7 Christmas break vacation destination ideas?
- 8 Where to go on Christmas?
- 9 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 10 How is the United Lounge at LAX?
- 11 Which Travel Bag
- 12 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 13 Suggestions for Spain & Portugal
- 14 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 15 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 16 europe In January
- 17 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 18 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 19 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 20 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 21 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 22 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 23 Holiday Travel Plans
- 24 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 25 Purchasing a flight with someone else's frequent flyer points