AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland
June 30-July 5, 2008
AIDS Walk Africa is one of the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation's most important fundraising and awareness-building events. Walkers have the opportunity not only to see Africa’s breathtaking beauty, but also to witness the lifesaving, Foundation-funded programs that prevent the transmission of HIV from mothers to their babies and provide treatment for children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
Globally, there are an estimated 33.2 million people living with HIV, 2.5 million of whom are children. In Swaziland, the HIV epidemic continues to grow at an alarming rate. An estimated 39 percent of the population was living with the virus in 2005 – making it the most intense HIV/AIDS epidemic in the world.
Walkers will follow expert guides on visits to Foundation clinics, orphanages and hospitals. They will meet scientists, medical personnel and children and families living with AIDS, and learn about the various challenges posed by the disease. Through these visits and interactions, walkers have the opportunity to build their own community with the many individuals they meet along the way, and learn how they have played a role in helping the Foundation reach more children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
In addition to raising awareness about pediatric HIV/AIDS, each walker raises a minimum of $15,000 to help support the Foundation’s lifesaving research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs
To join the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation on AIDS Walk Africa 2008, or for more information about this unique event, visit http://www.pedaids.org/awa2008 or contact Liam T. Dall at 202-448-8479 or LDALL@pedaids.org
Participate in AIDS Walk Africa 2008 in Swaziland!
AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 RDIF Security Bags/Wallets
- 2 Help? Where to go with an 18 year old boy?
- 3 Anniversary trip
- 4 Discounted luggage websites
- 5 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 6 Traveling long haul for the first time
- 7 Light weight Luggage
- 8 Carry-on Luggage
- 9 Traveling with a smartphone
- 10 Which place would you like to travel ?
- 11 Transferring on an international flight
- 12 Need Help: Winter US/Carrib Vacation Ideas
- 13 Accessing online banking while in Europe
- 14 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 15 AutoSlash and Hotel Tonight - Your Reviews
- 16 Thanksgiving week trip
- 17 Is there a company or website that compares SIM cards?
- 18 Around the World Ticket/Trips
- 19 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 20 Thrifty OHare parking
- 21 Saving money travelling the world
- 22 Family Holiday in Turkey-with three kids aged 12,10 & 7
- 23 Hitchhiking robot - way cool!
- 24 Anyone Tried US CBP's Mobile Passport Program at ATL?
- 25 First Time Going to Europe - Ideas?