AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland
June 30-July 5, 2008
AIDS Walk Africa is one of the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation's most important fundraising and awareness-building events. Walkers have the opportunity not only to see Africa’s breathtaking beauty, but also to witness the lifesaving, Foundation-funded programs that prevent the transmission of HIV from mothers to their babies and provide treatment for children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
Globally, there are an estimated 33.2 million people living with HIV, 2.5 million of whom are children. In Swaziland, the HIV epidemic continues to grow at an alarming rate. An estimated 39 percent of the population was living with the virus in 2005 – making it the most intense HIV/AIDS epidemic in the world.
Walkers will follow expert guides on visits to Foundation clinics, orphanages and hospitals. They will meet scientists, medical personnel and children and families living with AIDS, and learn about the various challenges posed by the disease. Through these visits and interactions, walkers have the opportunity to build their own community with the many individuals they meet along the way, and learn how they have played a role in helping the Foundation reach more children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
In addition to raising awareness about pediatric HIV/AIDS, each walker raises a minimum of $15,000 to help support the Foundation’s lifesaving research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs
To join the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation on AIDS Walk Africa 2008, or for more information about this unique event, visit http://www.pedaids.org/awa2008 or contact Liam T. Dall at 202-448-8479 or LDALL@pedaids.org
Participate in AIDS Walk Africa 2008 in Swaziland!
AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 First Time Going to Europe - Ideas?
- 2 Honeymoon
- 3 Are these shoes too American looking?
- 4 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 5 Where to go over New Years?
- 6 Most Exotic and Adventurous Trip Possible
- 7 Help finding a beach resort w/ nightlife for a young couple!
- 8 my travel ignorance
- 9 Your favorite USA car rental company
- 10 Your Best Travel Tips
- 11 Northern Lights
- 12 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 13 Road trip along the east coast with tween & teen
- 14 First Trip To Japan and South Korea Solo!
- 15 Travel Insurance or not
- 16 Duffel size needed for 33lb limit
- 17 Economy PLus on United to China
- 18 Down or synthetic sleeping bag?
- 19 Light weight Luggage
- 20 3 weeks backpacking around Europe, how to call home?
- 21 Online Booking Agency- which one to use?
- 22 Teaching Abroad with Expiring Passport
- 23 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 24 Favorite airline and hotel booking sites
- 25 Seeking Family All-Inclusive Advice