AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland
June 30-July 5, 2008
AIDS Walk Africa is one of the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation's most important fundraising and awareness-building events. Walkers have the opportunity not only to see Africa’s breathtaking beauty, but also to witness the lifesaving, Foundation-funded programs that prevent the transmission of HIV from mothers to their babies and provide treatment for children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
Globally, there are an estimated 33.2 million people living with HIV, 2.5 million of whom are children. In Swaziland, the HIV epidemic continues to grow at an alarming rate. An estimated 39 percent of the population was living with the virus in 2005 – making it the most intense HIV/AIDS epidemic in the world.
Walkers will follow expert guides on visits to Foundation clinics, orphanages and hospitals. They will meet scientists, medical personnel and children and families living with AIDS, and learn about the various challenges posed by the disease. Through these visits and interactions, walkers have the opportunity to build their own community with the many individuals they meet along the way, and learn how they have played a role in helping the Foundation reach more children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
In addition to raising awareness about pediatric HIV/AIDS, each walker raises a minimum of $15,000 to help support the Foundation’s lifesaving research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs
To join the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation on AIDS Walk Africa 2008, or for more information about this unique event, visit http://www.pedaids.org/awa2008 or contact Liam T. Dall at 202-448-8479 or LDALL@pedaids.org
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 2 Packing Cubes
- 3 Roadtrip/Vacation Advice Needed
- 4 What to do on long flights?
- 5 Vacation for two
- 6 What itinerary should I pick for Europe ?
- 7 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 8 Luggage Set - hardshell or softshell?
- 9 Eastern Europe ~ Help Please!
- 10 Some tips when using Air BnB
- 11 Packing must haves for the summer?
- 12 [ GEAR HELP ] -- what is the most effective WHITE sun hat
- 13 Female Traveling Solo to Moscow and St.petersburg
- 14 Mobile Apps for Travel
- 15 Motorcycle trip
- 16 Suggestions for family w/teenagers trip out West - never been there!
- 17 Travel to North carolina from NJ
- 18 Transportation between Granada, Nicaragua and Ometepe, Nicaragua
- 19 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 20 Boston to Bermuda Cruise in June
- 21 Newbie Using Whats App
- 22 super fun vacations...
- 23 International Wire/Bank Transfer to Guide Using Third-Party Service?
- 24 replace my Nikon d90 by rx100 ?
- 25 Traveling Solo with 9 month old
AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland