AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland
June 30-July 5, 2008
AIDS Walk Africa is one of the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation's most important fundraising and awareness-building events. Walkers have the opportunity not only to see Africa’s breathtaking beauty, but also to witness the lifesaving, Foundation-funded programs that prevent the transmission of HIV from mothers to their babies and provide treatment for children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
Globally, there are an estimated 33.2 million people living with HIV, 2.5 million of whom are children. In Swaziland, the HIV epidemic continues to grow at an alarming rate. An estimated 39 percent of the population was living with the virus in 2005 – making it the most intense HIV/AIDS epidemic in the world.
Walkers will follow expert guides on visits to Foundation clinics, orphanages and hospitals. They will meet scientists, medical personnel and children and families living with AIDS, and learn about the various challenges posed by the disease. Through these visits and interactions, walkers have the opportunity to build their own community with the many individuals they meet along the way, and learn how they have played a role in helping the Foundation reach more children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
In addition to raising awareness about pediatric HIV/AIDS, each walker raises a minimum of $15,000 to help support the Foundation’s lifesaving research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs
To join the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation on AIDS Walk Africa 2008, or for more information about this unique event, visit http://www.pedaids.org/awa2008 or contact Liam T. Dall at 202-448-8479 or LDALL@pedaids.org
Participate in AIDS Walk Africa 2008 in Swaziland!
AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland
- 1 Which Travel Bag
- 2 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 3 Suggestions for Spain & Portugal
- 4 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 5 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 6 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 7 Your Best Travel Tips
- 8 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 9 europe In January
- 10 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 11 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 12 Where to go on Christmas?
- 13 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 14 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 15 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 16 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 17 Holiday Travel Plans
- 18 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 19 Purchasing a flight with someone else's frequent flyer points
- 20 Which Hotel is near to Northern arizona university, Flagstaff
- 21 Help with honeymoon destination
- 22 places to stop and stretch.
- 23 Travel with or without kids ?
- 24 7 days European trip with kids- suggestions needed
- 25 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE