AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland
June 30-July 5, 2008
AIDS Walk Africa is one of the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation's most important fundraising and awareness-building events. Walkers have the opportunity not only to see Africa’s breathtaking beauty, but also to witness the lifesaving, Foundation-funded programs that prevent the transmission of HIV from mothers to their babies and provide treatment for children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
Globally, there are an estimated 33.2 million people living with HIV, 2.5 million of whom are children. In Swaziland, the HIV epidemic continues to grow at an alarming rate. An estimated 39 percent of the population was living with the virus in 2005 – making it the most intense HIV/AIDS epidemic in the world.
Walkers will follow expert guides on visits to Foundation clinics, orphanages and hospitals. They will meet scientists, medical personnel and children and families living with AIDS, and learn about the various challenges posed by the disease. Through these visits and interactions, walkers have the opportunity to build their own community with the many individuals they meet along the way, and learn how they have played a role in helping the Foundation reach more children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
In addition to raising awareness about pediatric HIV/AIDS, each walker raises a minimum of $15,000 to help support the Foundation’s lifesaving research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs
To join the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation on AIDS Walk Africa 2008, or for more information about this unique event, visit http://www.pedaids.org/awa2008 or contact Liam T. Dall at 202-448-8479 or LDALL@pedaids.org
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Apps for Solo Travellers?
- 2 Do liquids HAVE to be in a quart size baggie?
- 3 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 4 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 5 Family trip Europe
- 6 Is a month and a half backpack trip around Europe worth leaving a job for?
- 7 Home security while traveling
- 8 More on Phony Reviews
- 9 Advice for a newbie
- 10 Pros & cons of "travel" vests
- 11 Car Rentals in Italy
- 12 Spontaneous solo backpacking trip
- 13 Italy or Napa Valley? Mother daughter duo
- 14 What do you use to save money on travel?
- 15 Ideas February trip
- 16 Help with Itinerary for Trip with Kids to Carmel
- 17 Day bags when traveling
- 18 slippery sleeping bags with mat on slopes
- 19 cell phone adapters in UK and Europe
- 20 Three Week West Coast Road Trip
- 21 Family Road trip Jersey to PEI - Best route 1 overnight
- 22 Roundup of overseas cell phone plan options, or: To SIM or not to SIM?
- 23 Daughter's 30 Bday trip
- 24 Any expierences with Groupon or Living Social travel deals (international)?
- 25 Road Trip: - Venice - Florence - Rome
AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland