AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland
June 30-July 5, 2008
AIDS Walk Africa is one of the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation's most important fundraising and awareness-building events. Walkers have the opportunity not only to see Africa’s breathtaking beauty, but also to witness the lifesaving, Foundation-funded programs that prevent the transmission of HIV from mothers to their babies and provide treatment for children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
Globally, there are an estimated 33.2 million people living with HIV, 2.5 million of whom are children. In Swaziland, the HIV epidemic continues to grow at an alarming rate. An estimated 39 percent of the population was living with the virus in 2005 – making it the most intense HIV/AIDS epidemic in the world.
Walkers will follow expert guides on visits to Foundation clinics, orphanages and hospitals. They will meet scientists, medical personnel and children and families living with AIDS, and learn about the various challenges posed by the disease. Through these visits and interactions, walkers have the opportunity to build their own community with the many individuals they meet along the way, and learn how they have played a role in helping the Foundation reach more children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
In addition to raising awareness about pediatric HIV/AIDS, each walker raises a minimum of $15,000 to help support the Foundation’s lifesaving research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs
To join the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation on AIDS Walk Africa 2008, or for more information about this unique event, visit http://www.pedaids.org/awa2008 or contact Liam T. Dall at 202-448-8479 or LDALL@pedaids.org
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 One month free to travel in February
- 2 Beware of HolidayCars.com
- 3 Packing for Safari in Kenya
- 4 Honeymoon Destination
- 5 How to find the best adventure tour
- 6 If UK visit visa works for Europe too!
- 7 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 8 What to do on long flights?
- 9 How do you like my plan for a gap year?
- 10 Destination suggestion, departing from Vegas and returning to Detroit
- 11 How to travel with only carry on...with a baby
- 12 Feb - a week get away for 2 couples
- 13 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 14 Need Amalfi planning help
- 15 Where to go...April of 2018
- 16 Cautionary tale about ATM use
- 17 Why Access to Services at Home should not affect your next trip
- 18 California Zepher
- 19 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 20 Babymoon w/ toddler Fall Ideas (Zika)
- 21 6 day 5 night Honeymoon from US
- 22 Honeymoon ideas STAT
- 23 Looking for travel filmmakers to collaborate and travel together!
- 24 Airport robbery
- 25 Usefulness of a travel agent ?
AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland