AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland
June 30-July 5, 2008
AIDS Walk Africa is one of the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation's most important fundraising and awareness-building events. Walkers have the opportunity not only to see Africa’s breathtaking beauty, but also to witness the lifesaving, Foundation-funded programs that prevent the transmission of HIV from mothers to their babies and provide treatment for children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
Globally, there are an estimated 33.2 million people living with HIV, 2.5 million of whom are children. In Swaziland, the HIV epidemic continues to grow at an alarming rate. An estimated 39 percent of the population was living with the virus in 2005 – making it the most intense HIV/AIDS epidemic in the world.
Walkers will follow expert guides on visits to Foundation clinics, orphanages and hospitals. They will meet scientists, medical personnel and children and families living with AIDS, and learn about the various challenges posed by the disease. Through these visits and interactions, walkers have the opportunity to build their own community with the many individuals they meet along the way, and learn how they have played a role in helping the Foundation reach more children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
In addition to raising awareness about pediatric HIV/AIDS, each walker raises a minimum of $15,000 to help support the Foundation’s lifesaving research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs
To join the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation on AIDS Walk Africa 2008, or for more information about this unique event, visit http://www.pedaids.org/awa2008 or contact Liam T. Dall at 202-448-8479 or LDALL@pedaids.org
Participate in AIDS Walk Africa 2008 in Swaziland!
AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Please review our first YouTube Video of traveling adventure!
- 2 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 3 The "credit card" of the future is here! (Almost.)
- 4 Website to map your trips?
- 5 Best places to give a travel talk / slide show in NYC?
- 6 Recommendations for Light-Weight, 4-Wheel, 22-in. Roll On.
- 7 Packing vitamins. Customs?
- 8 Best places to start...
- 9 Where would you go if you were us?
- 10 Winter Sunshine
- 11 Friends Seeking Advice
- 12 French gastronomy
- 13 What's the best accommodation comparison site?
- 14 Where in the World Should We Go?
- 15 Travel health insurance
- 16 Private Guides - Cost question
- 17 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 18 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 19 Rome and amalfi coast
- 20 Around the World Ticket/Trips
- 21 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 22 Where to go on multi-gen trip in Apr 2015 with2 & 6 year olds?
- 23 Travel Agency Review for Trip to Spain
- 24 Phone service
- 25 want suggestion for honeymoon tour place