AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland
June 30-July 5, 2008
AIDS Walk Africa is one of the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation's most important fundraising and awareness-building events. Walkers have the opportunity not only to see Africa’s breathtaking beauty, but also to witness the lifesaving, Foundation-funded programs that prevent the transmission of HIV from mothers to their babies and provide treatment for children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
Globally, there are an estimated 33.2 million people living with HIV, 2.5 million of whom are children. In Swaziland, the HIV epidemic continues to grow at an alarming rate. An estimated 39 percent of the population was living with the virus in 2005 – making it the most intense HIV/AIDS epidemic in the world.
Walkers will follow expert guides on visits to Foundation clinics, orphanages and hospitals. They will meet scientists, medical personnel and children and families living with AIDS, and learn about the various challenges posed by the disease. Through these visits and interactions, walkers have the opportunity to build their own community with the many individuals they meet along the way, and learn how they have played a role in helping the Foundation reach more children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
In addition to raising awareness about pediatric HIV/AIDS, each walker raises a minimum of $15,000 to help support the Foundation’s lifesaving research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs
To join the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation on AIDS Walk Africa 2008, or for more information about this unique event, visit http://www.pedaids.org/awa2008 or contact Liam T. Dall at 202-448-8479 or LDALL@pedaids.org
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 2 Rent A Car Dubai.
- 3 Delhi Escorts
- 4 Bali Or Italy/Greece
- 5 Packing a family of 8 in a minivan for an out of state camping trip
- 6 How to Avoid Pickpockets in Paris
- 7 Husband's 40th Birthday
- 8 Advice for traveling with leg/hip pain
- 9 multi-destinations with multi-type travel
- 10 5 Best travel apps? (open)
- 11 When to introduce kids to international travel?
- 12 Not quite sure where to go yet...
- 13 South Italy Trip Ideas
- 14 Ipad apps for travel in germany
- 15 Travel Bangkok to Songkhla
- 16 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 17 Daypack Recommendation
- 18 Grand Luxury Hotels
- 19 YQG to PMO on AC with connection in FCO on Alitalia
- 20 Where to go with an infant?
- 21 Retrieving Voice Mail abroad - Help me
- 22 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 23 Where is the most expensive hotel in the world?
- 24 3 kids under 5 - where to go from Cali
- 25 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland