AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland
June 30-July 5, 2008
AIDS Walk Africa is one of the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation's most important fundraising and awareness-building events. Walkers have the opportunity not only to see Africa’s breathtaking beauty, but also to witness the lifesaving, Foundation-funded programs that prevent the transmission of HIV from mothers to their babies and provide treatment for children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
Globally, there are an estimated 33.2 million people living with HIV, 2.5 million of whom are children. In Swaziland, the HIV epidemic continues to grow at an alarming rate. An estimated 39 percent of the population was living with the virus in 2005 – making it the most intense HIV/AIDS epidemic in the world.
Walkers will follow expert guides on visits to Foundation clinics, orphanages and hospitals. They will meet scientists, medical personnel and children and families living with AIDS, and learn about the various challenges posed by the disease. Through these visits and interactions, walkers have the opportunity to build their own community with the many individuals they meet along the way, and learn how they have played a role in helping the Foundation reach more children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
In addition to raising awareness about pediatric HIV/AIDS, each walker raises a minimum of $15,000 to help support the Foundation’s lifesaving research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs
To join the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation on AIDS Walk Africa 2008, or for more information about this unique event, visit http://www.pedaids.org/awa2008 or contact Liam T. Dall at 202-448-8479 or LDALL@pedaids.org
Participate in AIDS Walk Africa 2008 in Swaziland!
AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 About EHIC card?
- 2 Where is it that's warm, dry and intellectual?
- 3 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 4 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 5 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 6 London, Amsterdam, Munich, and Barcelona in 17 days?
- 7 30th Birthday Trip Ideas!
- 8 Packing Bottles of Gin in Checked Luggage
- 9 Best adventure/trek holiday ideas
- 10 quiet getaways for older women
- 11 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 12 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 13 Torn between Trips
- 14 Ohhhh where to go next!
- 15 Groupon Getaways
- 16 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 17 Will pollution wreck my Beijing dreams ?
- 18 Road Trip from Boston to North Carolina
- 19 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 20 Carrying a smartphone
- 21 Health insurance for one month visit to USA
- 22 Keeping yourself safe while abroad
- 23 40th birthday trip with my husband
- 24 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 25 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.