AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland
June 30-July 5, 2008
AIDS Walk Africa is one of the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation's most important fundraising and awareness-building events. Walkers have the opportunity not only to see Africa’s breathtaking beauty, but also to witness the lifesaving, Foundation-funded programs that prevent the transmission of HIV from mothers to their babies and provide treatment for children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
Globally, there are an estimated 33.2 million people living with HIV, 2.5 million of whom are children. In Swaziland, the HIV epidemic continues to grow at an alarming rate. An estimated 39 percent of the population was living with the virus in 2005 – making it the most intense HIV/AIDS epidemic in the world.
Walkers will follow expert guides on visits to Foundation clinics, orphanages and hospitals. They will meet scientists, medical personnel and children and families living with AIDS, and learn about the various challenges posed by the disease. Through these visits and interactions, walkers have the opportunity to build their own community with the many individuals they meet along the way, and learn how they have played a role in helping the Foundation reach more children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
In addition to raising awareness about pediatric HIV/AIDS, each walker raises a minimum of $15,000 to help support the Foundation’s lifesaving research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs
To join the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation on AIDS Walk Africa 2008, or for more information about this unique event, visit http://www.pedaids.org/awa2008 or contact Liam T. Dall at 202-448-8479 or LDALL@pedaids.org
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 cheap flight
- 2 14 Days SD - VC BC And Back
- 3 Itinerary Planning Apps
- 4 Credit Card Travel Protection insurance - did anyone used it?
- 5 First rv trip
- 6 Amsterdam or Dublin?
- 7 Comfortable shoes that can go to dinner
- 8 Should I go for a GoPro, DSLR or drone?
- 9 Help us pick our 10 year anniversary destination!
- 10 First time traveler
- 11 Go-Pro or Olympus Tough camera
- 12 Mapping tool for multi-mode, multi-destination trip?
- 13 Exploring a City
- 14 Dolomites for 2 days
- 15 May or June trip ideas with 2 adult children
- 16 Drive from SD to Yellowstone
- 17 Travel from Alaska to Chicago by train?
- 18 Footwear / clothing for adventure / exploring
- 19 Looking for a Travel Buddy to Explore More of Eastern Europe and Spain
- 20 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 21 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 22 looking for travel buddy to join kanha national park trip
- 23 Passport Help!!!
- 24 First time travelling outside the USA
- 25 Iceland-Landmannalaugar
AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland