AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland
June 30-July 5, 2008
AIDS Walk Africa is one of the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation's most important fundraising and awareness-building events. Walkers have the opportunity not only to see Africa’s breathtaking beauty, but also to witness the lifesaving, Foundation-funded programs that prevent the transmission of HIV from mothers to their babies and provide treatment for children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
Globally, there are an estimated 33.2 million people living with HIV, 2.5 million of whom are children. In Swaziland, the HIV epidemic continues to grow at an alarming rate. An estimated 39 percent of the population was living with the virus in 2005 – making it the most intense HIV/AIDS epidemic in the world.
Walkers will follow expert guides on visits to Foundation clinics, orphanages and hospitals. They will meet scientists, medical personnel and children and families living with AIDS, and learn about the various challenges posed by the disease. Through these visits and interactions, walkers have the opportunity to build their own community with the many individuals they meet along the way, and learn how they have played a role in helping the Foundation reach more children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
In addition to raising awareness about pediatric HIV/AIDS, each walker raises a minimum of $15,000 to help support the Foundation’s lifesaving research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs
To join the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation on AIDS Walk Africa 2008, or for more information about this unique event, visit http://www.pedaids.org/awa2008 or contact Liam T. Dall at 202-448-8479 or LDALL@pedaids.org
Participate in AIDS Walk Africa 2008 in Swaziland!
AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Plan Vacation to Destin, Florida
- 2 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 3 Holiday Wish List for Vacation Rental Owners
- 4 Help finding a lifestyle resort
- 5 how to add my photo to my passport renewal application?
- 6 Hawaii or Rio for solo single male travel
- 7 Travel SIMs
- 8 An Introduction to new member
- 9 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam
- 10 Travelling in June
- 11 Travel with 13 yr old nephew - need help on where please!
- 12 Friends Seeking Advice
- 13 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 14 Anyone have suggestion for best tablet to use when traveling? under $300
- 15 25th wedding anniv travel
- 16 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 17 Best places to start...
- 18 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 19 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 20 two months away and mold problems.
- 21 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 22 French gastronomy
- 23 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 24 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 25 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest