AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland
June 30-July 5, 2008
AIDS Walk Africa is one of the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation's most important fundraising and awareness-building events. Walkers have the opportunity not only to see Africa’s breathtaking beauty, but also to witness the lifesaving, Foundation-funded programs that prevent the transmission of HIV from mothers to their babies and provide treatment for children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
Globally, there are an estimated 33.2 million people living with HIV, 2.5 million of whom are children. In Swaziland, the HIV epidemic continues to grow at an alarming rate. An estimated 39 percent of the population was living with the virus in 2005 – making it the most intense HIV/AIDS epidemic in the world.
Walkers will follow expert guides on visits to Foundation clinics, orphanages and hospitals. They will meet scientists, medical personnel and children and families living with AIDS, and learn about the various challenges posed by the disease. Through these visits and interactions, walkers have the opportunity to build their own community with the many individuals they meet along the way, and learn how they have played a role in helping the Foundation reach more children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
In addition to raising awareness about pediatric HIV/AIDS, each walker raises a minimum of $15,000 to help support the Foundation’s lifesaving research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs
To join the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation on AIDS Walk Africa 2008, or for more information about this unique event, visit http://www.pedaids.org/awa2008 or contact Liam T. Dall at 202-448-8479 or LDALL@pedaids.org
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Too old maybe?
- 2 Visit to Northern California
- 3 Footing the bill for a family trip
- 4 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 5 Looking for suggestions for taking photos.
- 6 Anybody tells me about best destination in the Hawai?
- 7 Packing List for School Trip to Italy (Feedback please?)
- 8 Traveling to Niagara Falls-HELP ME!
- 9 What is the best time travel during your life?
- 10 Autism/Disability Travel
- 11 Travel idea for a 1 year old
- 12 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 13 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 14 Traveling with Kids - Suggestions for Planner/Scrapbook to BRING on Trip
- 15 3-4 day weekend getaway for group
- 16 Looking for suggestions for summer vacay
- 17 Pedometer for Kids
- 18 Road trip from San Diego to Atlanta
- 19 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 20 Won a trip to anywhere in the world + hotel... where should I go!?
- 21 Honeymoon help Seattle to San Diago
- 22 1 week mother-son trip in August. Where?
- 23 Nova Scotia and PEI
- 24 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 25 Need Advice about Ticket Price Drop
AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland