AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland
June 30-July 5, 2008
AIDS Walk Africa is one of the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation's most important fundraising and awareness-building events. Walkers have the opportunity not only to see Africa’s breathtaking beauty, but also to witness the lifesaving, Foundation-funded programs that prevent the transmission of HIV from mothers to their babies and provide treatment for children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
Globally, there are an estimated 33.2 million people living with HIV, 2.5 million of whom are children. In Swaziland, the HIV epidemic continues to grow at an alarming rate. An estimated 39 percent of the population was living with the virus in 2005 – making it the most intense HIV/AIDS epidemic in the world.
Walkers will follow expert guides on visits to Foundation clinics, orphanages and hospitals. They will meet scientists, medical personnel and children and families living with AIDS, and learn about the various challenges posed by the disease. Through these visits and interactions, walkers have the opportunity to build their own community with the many individuals they meet along the way, and learn how they have played a role in helping the Foundation reach more children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
In addition to raising awareness about pediatric HIV/AIDS, each walker raises a minimum of $15,000 to help support the Foundation’s lifesaving research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs
To join the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation on AIDS Walk Africa 2008, or for more information about this unique event, visit http://www.pedaids.org/awa2008 or contact Liam T. Dall at 202-448-8479 or LDALL@pedaids.org
Participate in AIDS Walk Africa 2008 in Swaziland!
AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 2 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 3 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 4 Delices & Gourmandises
- 5 Europe Trip Itinerary Check
- 6 Prepaid debit cards in Brazil
- 7 Packing Help - What to take
- 8 Amsterdam to Normandy
- 9 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 10 Places to travel in June or July
- 11 Visa expiration and re entry
- 12 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 13 Rovia booking engine
- 14 Jacket with pockets
- 15 2 Week Trip for Newleywed's - Adventure and Beach
- 16 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 17 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 18 Dual time zone watches
- 19 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 20 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 21 Website for good hotel rates?
- 22 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 23 What color nail polish in France
- 24 Travel Clothing
- 25 advance single 1st class rail travel with virgin trains