AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland
June 30-July 5, 2008
AIDS Walk Africa is one of the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation's most important fundraising and awareness-building events. Walkers have the opportunity not only to see Africa’s breathtaking beauty, but also to witness the lifesaving, Foundation-funded programs that prevent the transmission of HIV from mothers to their babies and provide treatment for children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
Globally, there are an estimated 33.2 million people living with HIV, 2.5 million of whom are children. In Swaziland, the HIV epidemic continues to grow at an alarming rate. An estimated 39 percent of the population was living with the virus in 2005 – making it the most intense HIV/AIDS epidemic in the world.
Walkers will follow expert guides on visits to Foundation clinics, orphanages and hospitals. They will meet scientists, medical personnel and children and families living with AIDS, and learn about the various challenges posed by the disease. Through these visits and interactions, walkers have the opportunity to build their own community with the many individuals they meet along the way, and learn how they have played a role in helping the Foundation reach more children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
In addition to raising awareness about pediatric HIV/AIDS, each walker raises a minimum of $15,000 to help support the Foundation’s lifesaving research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs
To join the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation on AIDS Walk Africa 2008, or for more information about this unique event, visit http://www.pedaids.org/awa2008 or contact Liam T. Dall at 202-448-8479 or LDALL@pedaids.org
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 http://maleenhancement24.com/alpha-force-testo/
- 2 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 3 Early trip planning
- 4 Something different for family of 6
- 5 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 6 Amtrak's AutoTrain - yes or no?
- 7 Best site for last minute travel packages?
- 8 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 9 Europe or Asia??? Best Honeymoon destination in February
- 10 Help for my wife's 40th with her best friends
- 11 Where oh where are we going to go?
- 12 Late December, early January travel
- 13 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 14 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 15 Nice, France
- 16 Finding deals based on departure location
- 17 Travel Tips in the Philippines
- 18 St croix or Cancun HELP!
- 19 Turkey - Best Route and Mode of Travel
- 20 First time travel to Italy
- 21 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 22 Around the World - 28 Days!
- 23 THe case for linen
- 24 Wildlife photography courses
- 25 Internet Banking Travel Payments
AIDS Walk Africa: Swaziland