Hello. I am a student at the University of Washinton and I am going to be leaving for a year-long study abroad program in South Africa in a few months and I am having trouble deciding how to pack my significant amount of clothing and personal belongings. I have been considering everything from space bags to Fedex, but I can't decide on the best option. I am concerned about theft and the amount of time shipping takes. I would love any suggestions on how to balance cost and security.
Packing vs Shipping when moving abroad
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 December travel - where to go?
- 2 How much do you pay a travel agent?
- 3 Where to go on multi-gen trip in Apr 2015 with2 & 6 year olds?
- 4 Home security while traveling?
- 5 Home Exchanges
- 6 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 7 Affordable January Trip Ideas
- 8 Air B&B
- 9 Suggest best accomodation in singapore
- 10 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 11 US $ or local currency when booking hotel online?
- 12 Phone service
- 13 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 14 Want suggestion for Diwali tour place
- 15 Recommendations for Light-Weight, 4-Wheel, 22-in. Roll On.
- 16 Fall Road Trip
- 17 December 3 Week Vacation
- 18 San Francisco or San Diego
- 19 Luggage Help: Need a Luggage or Duffel at least 31" x 23" (78 x 57cm)
- 20 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 21 Groupon Cancellation/Transfer Option
- 22 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 23 6 weeks in the Americas during December
- 24 Shoes for round the world trip - suitable for hiking and running?
- 25 Scammers on Airbnb site