We are planning a long trip through the UK, beginning in Scotland and driving a rental car for approximately four weeks to London and then ending up in Manchester. We will be staying in hotels and B&Bs. I guess I tend toward "high maintenance," and at this point, it´s too late to change my nature. I like to look nice and dress for dinner. I´m not into jeans and tees or roughing it with just one small suitcase, yet I realize that it´s foolish to even consider packing a different change of clothes for every day. I´ve taken a two-week car trip before and after the first week, my situation disintegrated quickly. The contents of my two small suitcases were jumbled from unpacking and repacking, and I felt incredibly grungy. It looks like the best solution is to take enough for one week and then have clothes laundered at the hotels, an expensive proposition. Any suggestions on the things I should be considering, how and what to pack, etc.?
Packing for Month-Long Trip in UK
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Which Travel Bag
- 2 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 3 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 4 Discounted luggage websites
- 5 Crossing Borders
- 6 Help? Where to go with an 18 year old boy?
- 7 Need Help: Winter US/Carrib Vacation Ideas
- 8 RDIF Security Bags/Wallets
- 9 Anniversary trip
- 10 Traveling long haul for the first time
- 11 Light weight Luggage
- 12 Carry-on Luggage
- 13 Traveling with a smartphone
- 14 Which place would you like to travel ?
- 15 Transferring on an international flight
- 16 Accessing online banking while in Europe
- 17 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 18 AutoSlash and Hotel Tonight - Your Reviews
- 19 Thanksgiving week trip
- 20 Is there a company or website that compares SIM cards?
- 21 Around the World Ticket/Trips
- 22 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 23 Thrifty OHare parking
- 24 Saving money travelling the world
- 25 Family Holiday in Turkey-with three kids aged 12,10 & 7