We are planning a long trip through the UK, beginning in Scotland and driving a rental car for approximately four weeks to London and then ending up in Manchester. We will be staying in hotels and B&Bs. I guess I tend toward "high maintenance," and at this point, it´s too late to change my nature. I like to look nice and dress for dinner. I´m not into jeans and tees or roughing it with just one small suitcase, yet I realize that it´s foolish to even consider packing a different change of clothes for every day. I´ve taken a two-week car trip before and after the first week, my situation disintegrated quickly. The contents of my two small suitcases were jumbled from unpacking and repacking, and I felt incredibly grungy. It looks like the best solution is to take enough for one week and then have clothes laundered at the hotels, an expensive proposition. Any suggestions on the things I should be considering, how and what to pack, etc.?
Packing for Month-Long Trip in UK
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 London, Amsterdam, Munich, and Barcelona in 17 days?
- 2 30th Birthday Trip Ideas!
- 3 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 4 Packing Bottles of Gin in Checked Luggage
- 5 Where is it that's warm, dry and intellectual?
- 6 Best adventure/trek holiday ideas
- 7 quiet getaways for older women
- 8 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 9 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 10 Torn between Trips
- 11 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 12 Ohhhh where to go next!
- 13 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 14 Groupon Getaways
- 15 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 16 Will pollution wreck my Beijing dreams ?
- 17 Road Trip from Boston to North Carolina
- 18 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 19 Carrying a smartphone
- 20 Health insurance for one month visit to USA
- 21 Keeping yourself safe while abroad
- 22 40th birthday trip with my husband
- 23 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 24 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 25 Saying hello to all the disc golf playing travelers!