We are planning a long trip through the UK, beginning in Scotland and driving a rental car for approximately four weeks to London and then ending up in Manchester. We will be staying in hotels and B&Bs. I guess I tend toward "high maintenance," and at this point, it´s too late to change my nature. I like to look nice and dress for dinner. I´m not into jeans and tees or roughing it with just one small suitcase, yet I realize that it´s foolish to even consider packing a different change of clothes for every day. I´ve taken a two-week car trip before and after the first week, my situation disintegrated quickly. The contents of my two small suitcases were jumbled from unpacking and repacking, and I felt incredibly grungy. It looks like the best solution is to take enough for one week and then have clothes laundered at the hotels, an expensive proposition. Any suggestions on the things I should be considering, how and what to pack, etc.?
Packing for Month-Long Trip in UK
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Travel Books for Kids?
- 2 quiet getaways for older women
- 3 All purpose soap
- 4 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 5 Andrews FCU card and Car Rental CDW
- 6 Expedia Flight+Hotel
- 7 1-month trip idea for 3 guys in their 20s in June-July?
- 8 trip ideas in May...
- 9 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 10 Currency exchange, the best deal?
- 11 never fly LIAT
- 12 finding last minute packages
- 13 What is Meningitis? And does it require to travel to Saudia Arabia?
- 14 My Dream Trip Itinerary - What Do You Think?
- 15 Traditional Afternoon Tea, Best Fish and Chips in London
- 16 Best adventure/trek holiday ideas
- 17 What book should I read?
- 18 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 19 Road trip in Italy
- 20 Hostel suggestions
- 21 Help planning vacation to Vancouver, Seattle & San Juan islands
- 22 Haroon Mahmood - Need Idea & Tips For Travel Italy
- 23 Summer Teaching Jobs Abroad
- 24 Where to travel?
- 25 Scotland