We are planning a long trip through the UK, beginning in Scotland and driving a rental car for approximately four weeks to London and then ending up in Manchester. We will be staying in hotels and B&Bs. I guess I tend toward "high maintenance," and at this point, it´s too late to change my nature. I like to look nice and dress for dinner. I´m not into jeans and tees or roughing it with just one small suitcase, yet I realize that it´s foolish to even consider packing a different change of clothes for every day. I´ve taken a two-week car trip before and after the first week, my situation disintegrated quickly. The contents of my two small suitcases were jumbled from unpacking and repacking, and I felt incredibly grungy. It looks like the best solution is to take enough for one week and then have clothes laundered at the hotels, an expensive proposition. Any suggestions on the things I should be considering, how and what to pack, etc.?
Packing for Month-Long Trip in UK
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Visa expiration and re entry
- 2 Places to travel in June or July
- 3 Packing Help - What to take
- 4 Jacket with pockets
- 5 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 6 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 7 2 Week Trip for Newleywed's - Adventure and Beach
- 8 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 9 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 10 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 11 Dual time zone watches
- 12 Rovia booking engine
- 13 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 14 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 15 Website for good hotel rates?
- 16 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 17 What color nail polish in France
- 18 Travel Clothing
- 19 advance single 1st class rail travel with virgin trains
- 20 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 21 Where to go - Mexico, Dominican Republic, Cuba or Cape Verde???
- 22 Looking for travel app (iOS) to map my custom walking tour...
- 23 AVIS' car rental Dirty Tricks
- 24 Getting a Second Passport
- 25 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam