We are planning a long trip through the UK, beginning in Scotland and driving a rental car for approximately four weeks to London and then ending up in Manchester. We will be staying in hotels and B&Bs. I guess I tend toward "high maintenance," and at this point, it´s too late to change my nature. I like to look nice and dress for dinner. I´m not into jeans and tees or roughing it with just one small suitcase, yet I realize that it´s foolish to even consider packing a different change of clothes for every day. I´ve taken a two-week car trip before and after the first week, my situation disintegrated quickly. The contents of my two small suitcases were jumbled from unpacking and repacking, and I felt incredibly grungy. It looks like the best solution is to take enough for one week and then have clothes laundered at the hotels, an expensive proposition. Any suggestions on the things I should be considering, how and what to pack, etc.?
Packing for Month-Long Trip in UK
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Social anxiety and travel
- 2 Where to go in February/March
- 3 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 4 mid December honeymoon in Europe
- 5 Waterproof spray
- 6 First Time Going to Europe - Ideas?
- 7 40th Birthday Trip
- 8 https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JBCJJHY
- 9 Honeymoon
- 10 Are these shoes too American looking?
- 11 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 12 Where to go over New Years?
- 13 Most Exotic and Adventurous Trip Possible
- 14 Help finding a beach resort w/ nightlife for a young couple!
- 15 my travel ignorance
- 16 Your favorite USA car rental company
- 17 Your Best Travel Tips
- 18 Northern Lights
- 19 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 20 Road trip along the east coast with tween & teen
- 21 First Trip To Japan and South Korea Solo!
- 22 Travel Insurance or not
- 23 Duffel size needed for 33lb limit
- 24 Economy PLus on United to China
- 25 Down or synthetic sleeping bag?