We are planning a long trip through the UK, beginning in Scotland and driving a rental car for approximately four weeks to London and then ending up in Manchester. We will be staying in hotels and B&Bs. I guess I tend toward "high maintenance," and at this point, it´s too late to change my nature. I like to look nice and dress for dinner. I´m not into jeans and tees or roughing it with just one small suitcase, yet I realize that it´s foolish to even consider packing a different change of clothes for every day. I´ve taken a two-week car trip before and after the first week, my situation disintegrated quickly. The contents of my two small suitcases were jumbled from unpacking and repacking, and I felt incredibly grungy. It looks like the best solution is to take enough for one week and then have clothes laundered at the hotels, an expensive proposition. Any suggestions on the things I should be considering, how and what to pack, etc.?
Packing for Month-Long Trip in UK
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 two months away and mold problems.
- 2 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 3 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 4 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 5 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!
- 6 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 7 10-14 days BKK, Udon Thani & Beach with kids
- 8 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 9 Winter Roadside Emergency Kit
- 10 Phone service
- 11 Does anyone have the Sparrow bag I read about in Sunday's LA Times?
- 12 10 Days of travel help!
- 13 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 14 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 15 Travel Agency Review for Trip to Spain
- 16 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 17 French gastronomy
- 18 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 19 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 20 Re-checking bag after a layover.
- 21 Best places to start...
- 22 25th wedding anniv travel
- 23 Where in the World Should We Go?
- 24 Friends Seeking Advice
- 25 December travel - where to go?