BUY THE INSURANCE! If you are going to book with OAT which I would not recommend make sure you buy their very exspensive trip insurance. We didnt and boy did we pay...our car was broken into 18 hrs before our flight all of our luggage passports and of course my wallet were stolen, leaving us unable to take our much anticipated trip to Turkey. It was Saturday of Memorial Day weekend and nothing was open there was no option to get replacement passports issued. Not only did OAT offer to do nothing for us, they even refused to give up the airline tickets which were issued in our name so that we could at least fly somewhere later once our passports had been reissued. We spend 8K on this vacation and we are not wealthy retirees like most of their travelers, it will take us a long time to recover from this loss. If I had booked this travel independently like our previous trips I would have at least been able to use my plane tickets later and cancel my hotel rooms. BOO OAT! You are everything that is wrong with corporate america, so greedy!
Overseas Adventure Travel OAT
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Discounted luggage websites
- 2 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 3 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 4 Crossing Borders
- 5 Help? Where to go with an 18 year old boy?
- 6 Need Help: Winter US/Carrib Vacation Ideas
- 7 RDIF Security Bags/Wallets
- 8 Anniversary trip
- 9 Traveling long haul for the first time
- 10 Light weight Luggage
- 11 Carry-on Luggage
- 12 Traveling with a smartphone
- 13 Which place would you like to travel ?
- 14 Transferring on an international flight
- 15 Accessing online banking while in Europe
- 16 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 17 AutoSlash and Hotel Tonight - Your Reviews
- 18 Thanksgiving week trip
- 19 Is there a company or website that compares SIM cards?
- 20 Around the World Ticket/Trips
- 21 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 22 Thrifty OHare parking
- 23 Saving money travelling the world
- 24 Family Holiday in Turkey-with three kids aged 12,10 & 7
- 25 Hitchhiking robot - way cool!