Date: 09/09/2006, 12:14 pm
Announcing the NJ/NY/CT GTG (Get To Gether) on Saturday, October 21, 2006.
Where: Where else? -- Paula at Rigoletto in Weehawken, NJ, 3706 Park Ave, Weehawken, 07086 - (201) 422-9500, http://lavacity.com/food_paula.php. Free parking 1/2 block from the restaurant in the shopping center parking lot.
For those of you coming from NY (Midtown), here's a link to the NY Waterway. The Ferry leaves from Midtown (38th) to Port Imperial (Weehawken) every 20 minutes. Pls let us know if you require transportation from the Ferry terminal to the restaurant. Trish has volunteered to pick you up. http://www.nywaterway.com/portimperial_w38.html
When: Saturday, October 21st
Time: 12 Noon until all the wine and limoncello has been consumed, and all the sharing of stories and adventures have been completed. Last June we had a smaller group, but they still had to kick us out at 5pm so they could prepare for an evening event.
BYOB: This is a "bring your own bottle" restaurant. Paula will be providing the wine glasses, and everyone is welcomed to bring a bottle of his/her own "poison." I'll be bringing some of my own wines plus some of our new stuff. (You've got to taste the Petite Sirah)!!
The Venue: Noon to about 1:30, mingle, sip wine, chit-chat, take pictures, and eat hors d'oeuvres.
Oh, there will be a nominal entrance fee (a couple of bucks) to help pay for the hors d'oeuvres - we'll just pass the hat.
Theme: ??? How about everyone come dressed as a pumpkin? Naw!
About 1:30 or so, order lunch from a specially prepared menu made up for our event. Paula's menus in the past have been simply superb.
The nice thing about this restaurant is that everyone will pay for his/her own luncheon selections, including tax/tip. No having to figure out/dividing the bill.
Since the restaurant will only accommodate 30-32 people, RSVP's will be requested.
Trish has volunteered to compile a list of attendees. Please drop her an e-mail if you would like to attend this grandiose event. email@example.com
If you haven't been to one of these GTG's, talk with anyone who has, and they will tell you it's truly a fun event.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 40th Birthday Celebration
- 2 Should I use a travel agent?
- 3 Where in the world can I make my dream, reality?
- 4 What Resources Do You Use to Book Complicated Trips?
- 5 Road trip from Denver or Salt Lake City?
- 6 What do you pack in your toiletries bag?
- 7 Difficult Decisions!!
- 8 Oceanfront Location - where in the world?
- 9 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 10 HoneyMoon - january
- 11 Glacier National Park Trip
- 12 Where to find volunteer work or hosteltrave job in the world
- 13 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 14 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 15 Road map- European
- 16 Travel idea for a 1 year old
- 17 Malaga Ave fast train- M Zambrano Train Station car return
- 18 xmas anywhere in europe
- 19 Need advice for Asia trip
- 20 Family Italy
- 21 Big Island vs Maui
- 22 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 23 Winter Vacation
- 24 To Paris From UK HOW?
- 25 Suggestions on suitcase size/brand
Oct. 21, 2006 - Come to a NYC-area Fodors get-together in north NJ