Date: 09/09/2006, 12:14 pm
Announcing the NJ/NY/CT GTG (Get To Gether) on Saturday, October 21, 2006.
Where: Where else? -- Paula at Rigoletto in Weehawken, NJ, 3706 Park Ave, Weehawken, 07086 - (201) 422-9500, http://lavacity.com/food_paula.php. Free parking 1/2 block from the restaurant in the shopping center parking lot.
For those of you coming from NY (Midtown), here's a link to the NY Waterway. The Ferry leaves from Midtown (38th) to Port Imperial (Weehawken) every 20 minutes. Pls let us know if you require transportation from the Ferry terminal to the restaurant. Trish has volunteered to pick you up. http://www.nywaterway.com/portimperial_w38.html
When: Saturday, October 21st
Time: 12 Noon until all the wine and limoncello has been consumed, and all the sharing of stories and adventures have been completed. Last June we had a smaller group, but they still had to kick us out at 5pm so they could prepare for an evening event.
BYOB: This is a "bring your own bottle" restaurant. Paula will be providing the wine glasses, and everyone is welcomed to bring a bottle of his/her own "poison." I'll be bringing some of my own wines plus some of our new stuff. (You've got to taste the Petite Sirah)!!
The Venue: Noon to about 1:30, mingle, sip wine, chit-chat, take pictures, and eat hors d'oeuvres.
Oh, there will be a nominal entrance fee (a couple of bucks) to help pay for the hors d'oeuvres - we'll just pass the hat.
Theme: ??? How about everyone come dressed as a pumpkin? Naw!
About 1:30 or so, order lunch from a specially prepared menu made up for our event. Paula's menus in the past have been simply superb.
The nice thing about this restaurant is that everyone will pay for his/her own luncheon selections, including tax/tip. No having to figure out/dividing the bill.
Since the restaurant will only accommodate 30-32 people, RSVP's will be requested.
Trish has volunteered to compile a list of attendees. Please drop her an e-mail if you would like to attend this grandiose event. email@example.com
If you haven't been to one of these GTG's, talk with anyone who has, and they will tell you it's truly a fun event.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Who else is married to a unadventurous traveller?
- 2 Traving to Barcelona Spain
- 3 Fan 220v or dual volt for travel
- 4 Las Vegas to page the Grand Canyon to Phoenix
- 5 Tips for tour guides on a week or longer trip
- 6 Travel towel?
- 7 Train ride from Florida to Alaska
- 8 Do any of you have Away luggage?
- 9 Favorite budget travel items?
- 10 One way to and one way back home?
- 11 Irish Pubs and other Fun Things
- 12 Holiday ideas urgently needed for mother and daughter holiday
- 13 Connection Time for Dulles
- 14 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 15 Ideas for road trip, South Florida up to Charleston, SC
- 16 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 17 Solo travel in Europe as a 18 year old female
- 18 Road trip Houston to Creede Colorado
- 19 9 days trip start from Turin, Italy
- 20 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 21 4hrs layover at miami international airport enough?
- 22 Fliip Key vs VRBO
- 23 Question about USD Value in Other Countrues
- 24 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 25 Budapest to Copenhagen trip ideas
Oct. 21, 2006 - Come to a NYC-area Fodors get-together in north NJ