Date: 09/09/2006, 12:14 pm
Announcing the NJ/NY/CT GTG (Get To Gether) on Saturday, October 21, 2006.
Where: Where else? -- Paula at Rigoletto in Weehawken, NJ, 3706 Park Ave, Weehawken, 07086 - (201) 422-9500, http://lavacity.com/food_paula.php. Free parking 1/2 block from the restaurant in the shopping center parking lot.
For those of you coming from NY (Midtown), here's a link to the NY Waterway. The Ferry leaves from Midtown (38th) to Port Imperial (Weehawken) every 20 minutes. Pls let us know if you require transportation from the Ferry terminal to the restaurant. Trish has volunteered to pick you up. http://www.nywaterway.com/portimperial_w38.html
When: Saturday, October 21st
Time: 12 Noon until all the wine and limoncello has been consumed, and all the sharing of stories and adventures have been completed. Last June we had a smaller group, but they still had to kick us out at 5pm so they could prepare for an evening event.
BYOB: This is a "bring your own bottle" restaurant. Paula will be providing the wine glasses, and everyone is welcomed to bring a bottle of his/her own "poison." I'll be bringing some of my own wines plus some of our new stuff. (You've got to taste the Petite Sirah)!!
The Venue: Noon to about 1:30, mingle, sip wine, chit-chat, take pictures, and eat hors d'oeuvres.
Oh, there will be a nominal entrance fee (a couple of bucks) to help pay for the hors d'oeuvres - we'll just pass the hat.
Theme: ??? How about everyone come dressed as a pumpkin? Naw!
About 1:30 or so, order lunch from a specially prepared menu made up for our event. Paula's menus in the past have been simply superb.
The nice thing about this restaurant is that everyone will pay for his/her own luncheon selections, including tax/tip. No having to figure out/dividing the bill.
Since the restaurant will only accommodate 30-32 people, RSVP's will be requested.
Trish has volunteered to compile a list of attendees. Please drop her an e-mail if you would like to attend this grandiose event. email@example.com
If you haven't been to one of these GTG's, talk with anyone who has, and they will tell you it's truly a fun event.
Oct. 21, 2006 - Come to a NYC-area Fodors get-together in north NJ
- 1 Travel Agency Review for Trip to Spain
- 2 Luggage Tags
- 3 Christmas break vacation destination ideas?
- 4 How is the United Lounge at LAX?
- 5 Which Travel Bag
- 6 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 7 Suggestions for Spain & Portugal
- 8 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 9 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 10 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 11 Your Best Travel Tips
- 12 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 13 europe In January
- 14 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 15 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 16 Where to go on Christmas?
- 17 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 18 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 19 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 20 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 21 Holiday Travel Plans
- 22 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 23 Purchasing a flight with someone else's frequent flyer points
- 24 Which Hotel is near to Northern arizona university, Flagstaff
- 25 Help with honeymoon destination