Date: 09/09/2006, 12:14 pm
Announcing the NJ/NY/CT GTG (Get To Gether) on Saturday, October 21, 2006.
Where: Where else? -- Paula at Rigoletto in Weehawken, NJ, 3706 Park Ave, Weehawken, 07086 - (201) 422-9500, http://lavacity.com/food_paula.php. Free parking 1/2 block from the restaurant in the shopping center parking lot.
For those of you coming from NY (Midtown), here's a link to the NY Waterway. The Ferry leaves from Midtown (38th) to Port Imperial (Weehawken) every 20 minutes. Pls let us know if you require transportation from the Ferry terminal to the restaurant. Trish has volunteered to pick you up. http://www.nywaterway.com/portimperial_w38.html
When: Saturday, October 21st
Time: 12 Noon until all the wine and limoncello has been consumed, and all the sharing of stories and adventures have been completed. Last June we had a smaller group, but they still had to kick us out at 5pm so they could prepare for an evening event.
BYOB: This is a "bring your own bottle" restaurant. Paula will be providing the wine glasses, and everyone is welcomed to bring a bottle of his/her own "poison." I'll be bringing some of my own wines plus some of our new stuff. (You've got to taste the Petite Sirah)!!
The Venue: Noon to about 1:30, mingle, sip wine, chit-chat, take pictures, and eat hors d'oeuvres.
Oh, there will be a nominal entrance fee (a couple of bucks) to help pay for the hors d'oeuvres - we'll just pass the hat.
Theme: ??? How about everyone come dressed as a pumpkin? Naw!
About 1:30 or so, order lunch from a specially prepared menu made up for our event. Paula's menus in the past have been simply superb.
The nice thing about this restaurant is that everyone will pay for his/her own luncheon selections, including tax/tip. No having to figure out/dividing the bill.
Since the restaurant will only accommodate 30-32 people, RSVP's will be requested.
Trish has volunteered to compile a list of attendees. Please drop her an e-mail if you would like to attend this grandiose event. email@example.com
If you haven't been to one of these GTG's, talk with anyone who has, and they will tell you it's truly a fun event.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 A problem with booking.com
- 2 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 3 Wheeled duffle options
- 4 Grad trip: African Safari vs. Europe
- 5 Fodor's: Please Stop with the Obnoxious Ads
- 6 Newbie Using Whats App
- 7 TripIt App?
- 8 Watch Out! There are VRBO.com Fees!
- 9 Best way to find new things to do in new city/country?
- 10 Money transfer
- 11 Itinerary Planning Apps
- 12 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 13 Best time to purchase ticket on British Air
- 14 In search of international vacation ideas with toddler from NYC
- 15 Passport signature
- 16 Need advice! First time to Ireland, 10 day itinerary set
- 17 Switzerland-Paris10 days trip...queries
- 18 St. Louis MO to Yellowstone
- 19 Do you get your expired passport back?
- 20 May or June trip ideas with 2 adult children
- 21 Outdoorsy but with shopping
- 22 Travel ideas near spring break?
- 23 VANCOUVER/ SEATTLE ROAD TRIP
- 24 Barcelona in 4 nights - tips and recommendations needed
- 25 Smallest Backpack you've used
Oct. 21, 2006 - Come to a NYC-area Fodors get-together in north NJ