Date: 09/09/2006, 12:14 pm
Announcing the NJ/NY/CT GTG (Get To Gether) on Saturday, October 21, 2006.
Where: Where else? -- Paula at Rigoletto in Weehawken, NJ, 3706 Park Ave, Weehawken, 07086 - (201) 422-9500, http://lavacity.com/food_paula.php. Free parking 1/2 block from the restaurant in the shopping center parking lot.
For those of you coming from NY (Midtown), here's a link to the NY Waterway. The Ferry leaves from Midtown (38th) to Port Imperial (Weehawken) every 20 minutes. Pls let us know if you require transportation from the Ferry terminal to the restaurant. Trish has volunteered to pick you up. http://www.nywaterway.com/portimperial_w38.html
When: Saturday, October 21st
Time: 12 Noon until all the wine and limoncello has been consumed, and all the sharing of stories and adventures have been completed. Last June we had a smaller group, but they still had to kick us out at 5pm so they could prepare for an evening event.
BYOB: This is a "bring your own bottle" restaurant. Paula will be providing the wine glasses, and everyone is welcomed to bring a bottle of his/her own "poison." I'll be bringing some of my own wines plus some of our new stuff. (You've got to taste the Petite Sirah)!!
The Venue: Noon to about 1:30, mingle, sip wine, chit-chat, take pictures, and eat hors d'oeuvres.
Oh, there will be a nominal entrance fee (a couple of bucks) to help pay for the hors d'oeuvres - we'll just pass the hat.
Theme: ??? How about everyone come dressed as a pumpkin? Naw!
About 1:30 or so, order lunch from a specially prepared menu made up for our event. Paula's menus in the past have been simply superb.
The nice thing about this restaurant is that everyone will pay for his/her own luncheon selections, including tax/tip. No having to figure out/dividing the bill.
Since the restaurant will only accommodate 30-32 people, RSVP's will be requested.
Trish has volunteered to compile a list of attendees. Please drop her an e-mail if you would like to attend this grandiose event. firstname.lastname@example.org
If you haven't been to one of these GTG's, talk with anyone who has, and they will tell you it's truly a fun event.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Enjoy Bay Area with Tesla!
- 2 How to Avoid Pickpockets in Paris
- 3 Husband's 40th Birthday
- 4 Advice for traveling with leg/hip pain
- 5 Packing a family of 8 in a minivan for an out of state camping trip
- 6 multi-destinations with multi-type travel
- 7 5 Best travel apps? (open)
- 8 When to introduce kids to international travel?
- 9 Not quite sure where to go yet...
- 10 South Italy Trip Ideas
- 11 Ipad apps for travel in germany
- 12 Travel Bangkok to Songkhla
- 13 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 14 Daypack Recommendation
- 15 Grand Luxury Hotels
- 16 YQG to PMO on AC with connection in FCO on Alitalia
- 17 Where to go with an infant?
- 18 Retrieving Voice Mail abroad - Help me
- 19 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 20 Where is the most expensive hotel in the world?
- 21 3 kids under 5 - where to go from Cali
- 22 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 23 Baggage transfers - two separate bookings but same airlines
- 24 Trip ideas for 4 yo, 2 yo, and infant?
- 25 Around the World - 6 months, more land and less planes
Oct. 21, 2006 - Come to a NYC-area Fodors get-together in north NJ