Date: 09/09/2006, 12:14 pm
Announcing the NJ/NY/CT GTG (Get To Gether) on Saturday, October 21, 2006.
Where: Where else? -- Paula at Rigoletto in Weehawken, NJ, 3706 Park Ave, Weehawken, 07086 - (201) 422-9500, http://lavacity.com/food_paula.php. Free parking 1/2 block from the restaurant in the shopping center parking lot.
For those of you coming from NY (Midtown), here's a link to the NY Waterway. The Ferry leaves from Midtown (38th) to Port Imperial (Weehawken) every 20 minutes. Pls let us know if you require transportation from the Ferry terminal to the restaurant. Trish has volunteered to pick you up. http://www.nywaterway.com/portimperial_w38.html
When: Saturday, October 21st
Time: 12 Noon until all the wine and limoncello has been consumed, and all the sharing of stories and adventures have been completed. Last June we had a smaller group, but they still had to kick us out at 5pm so they could prepare for an evening event.
BYOB: This is a "bring your own bottle" restaurant. Paula will be providing the wine glasses, and everyone is welcomed to bring a bottle of his/her own "poison." I'll be bringing some of my own wines plus some of our new stuff. (You've got to taste the Petite Sirah)!!
The Venue: Noon to about 1:30, mingle, sip wine, chit-chat, take pictures, and eat hors d'oeuvres.
Oh, there will be a nominal entrance fee (a couple of bucks) to help pay for the hors d'oeuvres - we'll just pass the hat.
Theme: ??? How about everyone come dressed as a pumpkin? Naw!
About 1:30 or so, order lunch from a specially prepared menu made up for our event. Paula's menus in the past have been simply superb.
The nice thing about this restaurant is that everyone will pay for his/her own luncheon selections, including tax/tip. No having to figure out/dividing the bill.
Since the restaurant will only accommodate 30-32 people, RSVP's will be requested.
Trish has volunteered to compile a list of attendees. Please drop her an e-mail if you would like to attend this grandiose event. firstname.lastname@example.org
If you haven't been to one of these GTG's, talk with anyone who has, and they will tell you it's truly a fun event.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Luxury Resorts in Jim Corbett | Best Resort in Jim Corbett
- 2 Too old maybe?
- 3 Visit to Northern California
- 4 Footing the bill for a family trip
- 5 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 6 Looking for suggestions for taking photos.
- 7 Anybody tells me about best destination in the Hawai?
- 8 Packing List for School Trip to Italy (Feedback please?)
- 9 Traveling to Niagara Falls-HELP ME!
- 10 What is the best time travel during your life?
- 11 Autism/Disability Travel
- 12 Travel idea for a 1 year old
- 13 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 14 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 15 Traveling with Kids - Suggestions for Planner/Scrapbook to BRING on Trip
- 16 3-4 day weekend getaway for group
- 17 Looking for suggestions for summer vacay
- 18 Pedometer for Kids
- 19 Road trip from San Diego to Atlanta
- 20 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 21 Won a trip to anywhere in the world + hotel... where should I go!?
- 22 Honeymoon help Seattle to San Diago
- 23 1 week mother-son trip in August. Where?
- 24 Nova Scotia and PEI
- 25 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
Oct. 21, 2006 - Come to a NYC-area Fodors get-together in north NJ