I'm a big roadtrip fan, and it looks like I'll finally be able to afford to add a few more states to my trip list this year I'm planning to rent a car and drive from Portland, OR to my family in Detroit, MI and then fly back. The trip will go through the following states, mostly via freeway:
- South Dakota
- North Dakota
I'm looking to hit the highlights in each state (i.e. Mount Rushmore) ; I know there's a lot to do in each state by itself, but this is more of a quick tour. I'm also driving mostly through Oregon and Michigan, since I've lived in both states for some time.
Is a trip like this possible in 1-2 weeks? I was originally thinking I could do this in a week, but now I don't think it's possible.
Please let me know your tips on timeline and places to visit. It's a really rough plan at the moment, and I wanted to get idea of how much time before I start planning all the specifics.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Best Travel Technology Company In India
- 2 meditation - yoga - retreates.
- 3 thrifty - bad experience
- 4 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 5 Home security while traveling
- 6 Your help needed! survey: decision-making within branded airlines
- 7 What to pack for that trip
- 8 Travel tips
- 9 Hawaii or Europe for Babymoon
- 10 Booking.com and a scam. Beware
- 11 Travelling Solo - Yay or Nay?
- 12 Honeymoon Ideas for February 2016
- 13 Thanksgiving Travel Ideas: 8 adults & 7 kids
- 14 Any restaurant in London to enjoy a meal watching a cabaret singing show?
- 15 Passport picture cost
- 16 Passport damage?
- 17 Travel from Turin, IT to Lucerne, SW
- 18 World trip
- 19 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam
- 20 Puerto Rico, Punta Cana or Cuba??
- 21 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 22 Passport expiration
- 23 Girls Trip Ideas
- 24 Tahoe for one week--flying in/out sacramento
- 25 Winter Vacation