I'm a big roadtrip fan, and it looks like I'll finally be able to afford to add a few more states to my trip list this year I'm planning to rent a car and drive from Portland, OR to my family in Detroit, MI and then fly back. The trip will go through the following states, mostly via freeway:
- South Dakota
- North Dakota
I'm looking to hit the highlights in each state (i.e. Mount Rushmore) ; I know there's a lot to do in each state by itself, but this is more of a quick tour. I'm also driving mostly through Oregon and Michigan, since I've lived in both states for some time.
Is a trip like this possible in 1-2 weeks? I was originally thinking I could do this in a week, but now I don't think it's possible.
Please let me know your tips on timeline and places to visit. It's a really rough plan at the moment, and I wanted to get idea of how much time before I start planning all the specifics.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Daughter's Tour to korea
- 2 When NOT to travel to Dubai?
- 3 The Different Methods To Creating Attraction
- 4 http://healthyclubpro.com/t90-xplode-reviews/
- 5 European Travel in March
- 6 Checked through luggage - 2 separate bookings?
- 7 Renting International Cars from USA
- 8 Packing advice for fall trip to Europe
- 9 Help planning long road trip.
- 10 Trip Ideas for Adventure / Tropical Thanksgiving Holiday
- 11 Advice for traveling with leg/hip pain
- 12 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 13 Getting my child from Stanford
- 14 Ideal Trip!
- 15 [ENGLAND] Which places to visit (london districts + city nearby)
- 16 Pa to New England States
- 17 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 18 Do you get your expired passport back?
- 19 Is there a trick to booking a "comfort" seat?
- 20 cape cod
- 21 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 22 Is there a way get a specific model of car to rent?
- 23 Lipault luggage durability
- 24 Credit card protection
- 25 Retrieving Voice Mail abroad - Help me