I'm a big roadtrip fan, and it looks like I'll finally be able to afford to add a few more states to my trip list this year I'm planning to rent a car and drive from Portland, OR to my family in Detroit, MI and then fly back. The trip will go through the following states, mostly via freeway:
- South Dakota
- North Dakota
I'm looking to hit the highlights in each state (i.e. Mount Rushmore) ; I know there's a lot to do in each state by itself, but this is more of a quick tour. I'm also driving mostly through Oregon and Michigan, since I've lived in both states for some time.
Is a trip like this possible in 1-2 weeks? I was originally thinking I could do this in a week, but now I don't think it's possible.
Please let me know your tips on timeline and places to visit. It's a really rough plan at the moment, and I wanted to get idea of how much time before I start planning all the specifics.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 New Traveller
- 2 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 3 Early trip planning
- 4 Terrified traveller
- 5 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 6 First time travelling outside the USA
- 7 First time traveler
- 8 Camera recommendations for wildlife photography
- 9 Help Selecting Destination for 40 Birthday Group Trip
- 10 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 11 Accommodation San Sebastian
- 12 Tips on itinerary for 2 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 13 Traveling to NW Italy (Aosta)
- 14 SIXT car rental in US
- 15 Chef for Turks and Caicos
- 16 3 weeks in Siena Italy
- 17 April - Crete v Canaries? & Pregnant!
- 18 Visit to usa
- 19 insect repellent bracelets
- 20 Top travel destinations 2017
- 21 Your Favorite Rain coat?
- 22 Best place in March to travel with kids
- 23 Tour company or DIY?
- 24 Amtrak's AutoTrain - yes or no?
- 25 Itinerary Help! CDG Round Trip in 10 days