I'm a big roadtrip fan, and it looks like I'll finally be able to afford to add a few more states to my trip list this year I'm planning to rent a car and drive from Portland, OR to my family in Detroit, MI and then fly back. The trip will go through the following states, mostly via freeway:
- South Dakota
- North Dakota
I'm looking to hit the highlights in each state (i.e. Mount Rushmore) ; I know there's a lot to do in each state by itself, but this is more of a quick tour. I'm also driving mostly through Oregon and Michigan, since I've lived in both states for some time.
Is a trip like this possible in 1-2 weeks? I was originally thinking I could do this in a week, but now I don't think it's possible.
Please let me know your tips on timeline and places to visit. It's a really rough plan at the moment, and I wanted to get idea of how much time before I start planning all the specifics.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Ice Land
- 2 Need idea for one week trip in late November!!
- 3 Is a month and a half backpack trip around Europe worth leaving a job for?
- 4 Tom Harper River Cruise Company?
- 5 Reluctant Solo Traveler
- 6 One bag travel for honeymooners
- 7 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 8 It's buy a bag time. Help!
- 9 Late August Honeymoon Destination Help
- 10 Advanced Beauty Group - Best Country to Visit
- 11 Malaysia to Thailand and again Malaysia Visit
- 12 Vacation Destinations for a Large Family
- 13 What should my teenage boys wear in August in Italy
- 14 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 15 Where to keep important documents
- 16 Road Trip: - Venice - Florence - Rome
- 17 Last minute tips, specially in Southern Asia
- 18 Road Trip - Memphis, Savannah, and Charleston
- 19 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 20 Holiday to Florida
- 21 Sim Card Advice
- 22 To all of you who are responsible for hotel breakfast buffets!
- 23 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 24 First Timer: Traveling to Amsterdam Need advice
- 25 Minimalistic living for travel