I'm a big roadtrip fan, and it looks like I'll finally be able to afford to add a few more states to my trip list this year I'm planning to rent a car and drive from Portland, OR to my family in Detroit, MI and then fly back. The trip will go through the following states, mostly via freeway:
- South Dakota
- North Dakota
I'm looking to hit the highlights in each state (i.e. Mount Rushmore) ; I know there's a lot to do in each state by itself, but this is more of a quick tour. I'm also driving mostly through Oregon and Michigan, since I've lived in both states for some time.
Is a trip like this possible in 1-2 weeks? I was originally thinking I could do this in a week, but now I don't think it's possible.
Please let me know your tips on timeline and places to visit. It's a really rough plan at the moment, and I wanted to get idea of how much time before I start planning all the specifics.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 サ강남24시안마방☎『o1o-2816-2526』윤실장ω강남안마방 선릉안마방
- 2 Paris city to Orly airport transport
- 3 Egypt or Singapore ?
- 4 Bad Experience
- 5 Business trip in early March
- 6 Mishap and Adventure studying English in Malta
- 7 Looking for clothing recommendations!
- 8 Family of 3-month long trip
- 9 Your Favorite Rain coat?
- 10 Solo travel France / winter
- 11 What can i do to make Turkish airline to refund my unused tickets
- 12 Christmas warm weather
- 13 B. Hills/Badlands from Denver
- 14 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 15 SiobhanP Back looking for old Friends!
- 16 Detroit to Glacier National Park
- 17 Bruges or Copenhagen?!
- 18 Europe in December with a toddler - need to make plans ASAP
- 19 Want to go Munich
- 20 Rockies, Teton, Yellowstone, Glacier Parks
- 21 Road trip to Utah from CA
- 22 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 23 US (Road or Air) Trip Ideas for December
- 24 Credit Card Travel Protection insurance - did anyone used it?
- 25 What makes flying first class worth it?