I'm a big roadtrip fan, and it looks like I'll finally be able to afford to add a few more states to my trip list this year I'm planning to rent a car and drive from Portland, OR to my family in Detroit, MI and then fly back. The trip will go through the following states, mostly via freeway:
- South Dakota
- North Dakota
I'm looking to hit the highlights in each state (i.e. Mount Rushmore) ; I know there's a lot to do in each state by itself, but this is more of a quick tour. I'm also driving mostly through Oregon and Michigan, since I've lived in both states for some time.
Is a trip like this possible in 1-2 weeks? I was originally thinking I could do this in a week, but now I don't think it's possible.
Please let me know your tips on timeline and places to visit. It's a really rough plan at the moment, and I wanted to get idea of how much time before I start planning all the specifics.
Northern U.S. Road Trip Ideas
- 1 Luggage Tags
- 2 Need Vacation Ideas!!
- 3 Technology tips, and travel
- 4 Presenter Sought
- 5 Has Anyone Heard of Otel.com?
- 6 Where to go on Christmas?
- 7 Air pollution while in India
- 8 Travel to NYC between Christmas and New Years 2014
- 9 Advice, thoughts on living in Male, Maldives
- 10 Your Best Travel Tips
- 11 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 12 Christmas break vacation destination ideas?
- 13 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 14 How is the United Lounge at LAX?
- 15 Which Travel Bag
- 16 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 17 Suggestions for Spain & Portugal
- 18 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 19 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 20 europe In January
- 21 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 22 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 23 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 24 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 25 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!