I'm a big roadtrip fan, and it looks like I'll finally be able to afford to add a few more states to my trip list this year I'm planning to rent a car and drive from Portland, OR to my family in Detroit, MI and then fly back. The trip will go through the following states, mostly via freeway:
- South Dakota
- North Dakota
I'm looking to hit the highlights in each state (i.e. Mount Rushmore) ; I know there's a lot to do in each state by itself, but this is more of a quick tour. I'm also driving mostly through Oregon and Michigan, since I've lived in both states for some time.
Is a trip like this possible in 1-2 weeks? I was originally thinking I could do this in a week, but now I don't think it's possible.
Please let me know your tips on timeline and places to visit. It's a really rough plan at the moment, and I wanted to get idea of how much time before I start planning all the specifics.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 7 hour layover in Paris CDG
- 2 Southeast romantic destinations
- 3 destination help
- 4 Las Vegas to Kingston, NY max- 8/9 days
- 5 teenage/grandparent trip to Switzerland
- 6 How to Avoid Pickpockets in Paris
- 7 travelling with infant
- 8 What to do with mail when traveling
- 9 Prague & Croatia
- 10 Travelling in $2000 from Pakistan
- 11 a tablet for travelling...which one ?
- 12 Norway in November
- 13 3 kids under 5 - where to go from Cali
- 14 No bag policy at Pearl Harbor
- 15 Road Trip with kids LosAngeles to Nashville
- 16 Around the World - 6 months, more land and less planes
- 17 Time for Terminal 4 to 5
- 18 Schengen visa
- 19 Beach honeymoon in mid-September?
- 20 Do you use Yelp or Foursquare when traveling abroad?
- 21 Daypack Recommendation
- 22 Good backpack (lcabin luggage + daytrips)
- 23 greece to germany. doable?
- 24 Honeymoon in August. Beach. Where?
- 25 Group Tours for 30 somethings