I'm a big roadtrip fan, and it looks like I'll finally be able to afford to add a few more states to my trip list this year I'm planning to rent a car and drive from Portland, OR to my family in Detroit, MI and then fly back. The trip will go through the following states, mostly via freeway:
- South Dakota
- North Dakota
I'm looking to hit the highlights in each state (i.e. Mount Rushmore) ; I know there's a lot to do in each state by itself, but this is more of a quick tour. I'm also driving mostly through Oregon and Michigan, since I've lived in both states for some time.
Is a trip like this possible in 1-2 weeks? I was originally thinking I could do this in a week, but now I don't think it's possible.
Please let me know your tips on timeline and places to visit. It's a really rough plan at the moment, and I wanted to get idea of how much time before I start planning all the specifics.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Apps for Solo Travellers?
- 2 Do liquids HAVE to be in a quart size baggie?
- 3 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 4 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 5 Family trip Europe
- 6 Is a month and a half backpack trip around Europe worth leaving a job for?
- 7 Home security while traveling
- 8 More on Phony Reviews
- 9 Advice for a newbie
- 10 Pros & cons of "travel" vests
- 11 Car Rentals in Italy
- 12 Spontaneous solo backpacking trip
- 13 Italy or Napa Valley? Mother daughter duo
- 14 What do you use to save money on travel?
- 15 Ideas February trip
- 16 Help with Itinerary for Trip with Kids to Carmel
- 17 Day bags when traveling
- 18 slippery sleeping bags with mat on slopes
- 19 cell phone adapters in UK and Europe
- 20 Three Week West Coast Road Trip
- 21 Family Road trip Jersey to PEI - Best route 1 overnight
- 22 Roundup of overseas cell phone plan options, or: To SIM or not to SIM?
- 23 Daughter's 30 Bday trip
- 24 Any expierences with Groupon or Living Social travel deals (international)?
- 25 Road Trip: - Venice - Florence - Rome