I'm a big roadtrip fan, and it looks like I'll finally be able to afford to add a few more states to my trip list this year I'm planning to rent a car and drive from Portland, OR to my family in Detroit, MI and then fly back. The trip will go through the following states, mostly via freeway:
- South Dakota
- North Dakota
I'm looking to hit the highlights in each state (i.e. Mount Rushmore) ; I know there's a lot to do in each state by itself, but this is more of a quick tour. I'm also driving mostly through Oregon and Michigan, since I've lived in both states for some time.
Is a trip like this possible in 1-2 weeks? I was originally thinking I could do this in a week, but now I don't think it's possible.
Please let me know your tips on timeline and places to visit. It's a really rough plan at the moment, and I wanted to get idea of how much time before I start planning all the specifics.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Packing light challenge
- 2 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 3 50th Birthday trip
- 4 Honeymoon Ideas for February 2016
- 5 New Convertible Bag for Teen?
- 6 Two weeks to make a decision where to travel...
- 7 Utah's "Might 5" National Parks
- 8 Travel to London/Paris/Rome
- 9 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 10 How do you organize your trip options such as restaurants and sights?
- 11 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 12 Iguazu vs Victoria falls
- 13 What to pack for that trip
- 14 Road trip Vegas to Seattle
- 15 Trip with friend
- 16 September Whim
- 17 advise for trip to Paris, Nice, Switzerland and Milan
- 18 Trip Ideas for Senior Parents
- 19 Mountain Honeymoon Destination
- 20 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 21 Lightweight carry-on that will meet Lufthansa's strict requirements?
- 22 honeymoon croatia and italy
- 23 My inbox is a total mess after 3 weeks trekking. Solutions?
- 24 Globus...Yay or nay?
- 25 40th birthday