I'm a big roadtrip fan, and it looks like I'll finally be able to afford to add a few more states to my trip list this year I'm planning to rent a car and drive from Portland, OR to my family in Detroit, MI and then fly back. The trip will go through the following states, mostly via freeway:
- South Dakota
- North Dakota
I'm looking to hit the highlights in each state (i.e. Mount Rushmore) ; I know there's a lot to do in each state by itself, but this is more of a quick tour. I'm also driving mostly through Oregon and Michigan, since I've lived in both states for some time.
Is a trip like this possible in 1-2 weeks? I was originally thinking I could do this in a week, but now I don't think it's possible.
Please let me know your tips on timeline and places to visit. It's a really rough plan at the moment, and I wanted to get idea of how much time before I start planning all the specifics.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Wildlife photography courses
- 2 Internet Banking Travel Payments
- 3 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 4 Well Needed Getaway
- 5 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 6 Trip to Greece
- 7 Cross-Country trip advice
- 8 Working with an agency
- 9 Ideas please for January trip, family of 5, for about $3000
- 10 Managing Travel Photographs
- 11 Daypack Recommendation
- 12 How do you 'handle' your digital photos when on a trip
- 13 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 14 51st Birthday Trip
- 15 RV traveling in a fifth wheel out West
- 16 THe case for linen
- 17 JFK from manhattan on marathon sunday
- 18 MS Slendida
- 19 currency app
- 20 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 21 All purpose soap
- 22 Packing a stuffed animal.
- 23 How to get a Reliable coach hire company
- 24 Idea about a car rental business for travelling
- 25 Best trip insurance coverage?