I'm a big roadtrip fan, and it looks like I'll finally be able to afford to add a few more states to my trip list this year I'm planning to rent a car and drive from Portland, OR to my family in Detroit, MI and then fly back. The trip will go through the following states, mostly via freeway:
- South Dakota
- North Dakota
I'm looking to hit the highlights in each state (i.e. Mount Rushmore) ; I know there's a lot to do in each state by itself, but this is more of a quick tour. I'm also driving mostly through Oregon and Michigan, since I've lived in both states for some time.
Is a trip like this possible in 1-2 weeks? I was originally thinking I could do this in a week, but now I don't think it's possible.
Please let me know your tips on timeline and places to visit. It's a really rough plan at the moment, and I wanted to get idea of how much time before I start planning all the specifics.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Trip ideas for the winter
- 2 Help with choosing guided tour
- 3 Trip inspiration needed
- 4 A Black Bear Blog: Algonquin Park
- 5 I am a newbie backpacker. Please help?
- 6 Is the traditional apple picking trip overrated?
- 7 Ireland to ???
- 8 European chargers, Garmins & phones
- 9 Suggestions on suitcase size/brand
- 10 The Great Canadian Bungee: watch me jump!
- 11 Road trip from PA to NY
- 12 layover time - immigration process
- 13 Sunday Fundayz
- 14 Do you have a camping trip in the autumn
- 15 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 16 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 17 Year Long Travel
- 18 Packing light challenge
- 19 Reviewing a VRBO villa
- 20 Charter of a yacht
- 21 Travelling: Money Help
- 22 From Chicago to San Diego
- 23 3-5hr drive from KCMO
- 24 Watch AFL finals in New Orleans
- 25 Minimalistic living for travel