I'm a big roadtrip fan, and it looks like I'll finally be able to afford to add a few more states to my trip list this year I'm planning to rent a car and drive from Portland, OR to my family in Detroit, MI and then fly back. The trip will go through the following states, mostly via freeway:
- South Dakota
- North Dakota
I'm looking to hit the highlights in each state (i.e. Mount Rushmore) ; I know there's a lot to do in each state by itself, but this is more of a quick tour. I'm also driving mostly through Oregon and Michigan, since I've lived in both states for some time.
Is a trip like this possible in 1-2 weeks? I was originally thinking I could do this in a week, but now I don't think it's possible.
Please let me know your tips on timeline and places to visit. It's a really rough plan at the moment, and I wanted to get idea of how much time before I start planning all the specifics.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 5 Best travel apps? (open)
- 2 Best Hostels
- 3 European chargers, Garmins & phones
- 4 Some tips when using Air BnB
- 5 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 6 garment travel organizer
- 7 replace my Nikon d90 by rx100 ?
- 8 best travel app (android or Apple)
- 9 Road Trip For Two
- 10 Estes Park to Lexington, KY
- 11 Copper Canyon
- 12 Travel through Expedia
- 13 Autoeurope car location...questions !
- 14 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 15 Round the World
- 16 Misleading third party websites
- 17 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 18 Travel ideas near spring break?
- 19 Looking for nature sights - Driving from Nashville TN - Greenville SC
- 20 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 21 vegas to slc loop
- 22 Driving with my 10 year old from jersey shore to Panama City
- 23 barbados or tulum
- 24 resort with wild life on ground
- 25 Want great trip ideas? Attend a travel show!