I'm a big roadtrip fan, and it looks like I'll finally be able to afford to add a few more states to my trip list this year I'm planning to rent a car and drive from Portland, OR to my family in Detroit, MI and then fly back. The trip will go through the following states, mostly via freeway:
- South Dakota
- North Dakota
I'm looking to hit the highlights in each state (i.e. Mount Rushmore) ; I know there's a lot to do in each state by itself, but this is more of a quick tour. I'm also driving mostly through Oregon and Michigan, since I've lived in both states for some time.
Is a trip like this possible in 1-2 weeks? I was originally thinking I could do this in a week, but now I don't think it's possible.
Please let me know your tips on timeline and places to visit. It's a really rough plan at the moment, and I wanted to get idea of how much time before I start planning all the specifics.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Money belt/hidden pocket
- 2 1 year around the world trip! advice wanted
- 3 I really want to experience the northern lights
- 4 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 5 Airbnb / Horrible Experience!
- 6 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 7 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 8 Where to find volunteer work or hosteltrave job in the world
- 9 What do you pack in your toiletries bag?
- 10 40th Birthday Celebration
- 11 Should I use a travel agent?
- 12 Where in the world can I make my dream, reality?
- 13 What Resources Do You Use to Book Complicated Trips?
- 14 Road trip from Denver or Salt Lake City?
- 15 Difficult Decisions!!
- 16 Oceanfront Location - where in the world?
- 17 HoneyMoon - january
- 18 Glacier National Park Trip
- 19 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 20 Road map- European
- 21 Travel idea for a 1 year old
- 22 Malaga Ave fast train- M Zambrano Train Station car return
- 23 xmas anywhere in europe
- 24 Need advice for Asia trip
- 25 Family Italy