My 70s aged parents, husband and I are flying into SF on June 30, 2009 for a driving tour of northern CA. Since we've done SF south, we plan to visit Yosemite/Mariposa for July 1 - 2, then travel to Lake Tahoe/Stateline, NV for July 3. We will travel north toward Lassen Volcanic NP/Mt. Shasta area and overnight on July 4 in Redding. We will continue west on Hwy 299 toward the coast on July 5 to begin our return to SF. Of course we want to see it all - redwoods, coastline, vineyards, but must fly out on July 8. Please share suggestions for seeing as much of the "best" for the final two days journey, including nice, clean final two nights accommodations, approximate driving time(s) of the route(s), and restaurants too. Thanks!
Northern California Itinerary Request
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Finding a House Sitter.
- 2 Road Scholar
- 3 First Solo Trip -- Mid 20's Female --Where to go???
- 4 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 5 Economy Class Seat: Bulkhead Row? (Boeing 777)
- 6 Driving from New York to South Florida and staying over 1 night
- 7 Checklist: What to Do Before You Go
- 8 Your Best Travel Tips
- 9 Useful travel apps
- 10 I need people to do a road trip to USA
- 11 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 12 Base city in England
- 13 Suggestions please
- 14 Credit Card FF Program Retention/Waive Fee
- 15 What's your experience with groupon.com?
- 16 vow renewal
- 17 what size suitcase holds 40 pounds?
- 18 Spain and Morocco in 2 weeks
- 19 Solo Woman traveller ! Yes you TOO can make it.
- 20 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 21 Travel Agent: what to do if their cost is more than your research?
- 22 Do you know Torquay hotel in UK
- 23 Where to go for "Once in a lifetime vacation"?
- 24 Traveling tips during fall
- 25 Beach Wedding Location Ideas!