Here's my "problem". I REALLY want to go to Istanbul, but I'm gun shy (sorry) because of the current climate in that area. If I don't go there, here's what else is on this American's list: Scotland, somewhere in Italy with A LOT of history but lack of annoying tourists, Moscow (same concerns as Istanbul (?), and...well...where else?
I'm a HISTORY GEEK!! I find and go to museums that NO ONE else goes to, and I LOVE them.!
Time frame: Either this summer or a week (8 days in Oct)
1) how safe is Istanbul (and the area) now?
2) great places in Italy w/o "ugly American tourists"?
2B) Can I do Rome w/o being annoyed by the tourists?
3) Moscow? Yea, nay, or other?
Thanks all! I appreciate any advice to point me on my next trip!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Passport picture cost
- 2 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 3 Any restaurant in London to enjoy a meal watching a cabaret singing show?
- 4 Please help with interest-based travel
- 5 Trip Insurance
- 6 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 7 Travelling Solo - Yay or Nay?
- 8 meditation - yoga - retreates.
- 9 thrifty - bad experience
- 10 Home security while traveling
- 11 Your help needed! survey: decision-making within branded airlines
- 12 What to pack for that trip
- 13 Travel tips
- 14 Hawaii or Europe for Babymoon
- 15 Booking.com and a scam. Beware
- 16 Honeymoon Ideas for February 2016
- 17 Thanksgiving Travel Ideas: 8 adults & 7 kids
- 18 Passport damage?
- 19 Travel from Turin, IT to Lucerne, SW
- 20 World trip
- 21 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam
- 22 Puerto Rico, Punta Cana or Cuba??
- 23 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 24 Passport expiration
- 25 Girls Trip Ideas