Here's my "problem". I REALLY want to go to Istanbul, but I'm gun shy (sorry) because of the current climate in that area. If I don't go there, here's what else is on this American's list: Scotland, somewhere in Italy with A LOT of history but lack of annoying tourists, Moscow (same concerns as Istanbul (?), and...well...where else?
I'm a HISTORY GEEK!! I find and go to museums that NO ONE else goes to, and I LOVE them.!
Time frame: Either this summer or a week (8 days in Oct)
1) how safe is Istanbul (and the area) now?
2) great places in Italy w/o "ugly American tourists"?
2B) Can I do Rome w/o being annoyed by the tourists?
3) Moscow? Yea, nay, or other?
Thanks all! I appreciate any advice to point me on my next trip!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Money belt/hidden pocket
- 2 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 3 Airbnb / Horrible Experience!
- 4 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 5 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 6 Where to find volunteer work or hosteltrave job in the world
- 7 What do you pack in your toiletries bag?
- 8 I really want to experience the northern lights
- 9 40th Birthday Celebration
- 10 Should I use a travel agent?
- 11 Where in the world can I make my dream, reality?
- 12 What Resources Do You Use to Book Complicated Trips?
- 13 Road trip from Denver or Salt Lake City?
- 14 Difficult Decisions!!
- 15 Oceanfront Location - where in the world?
- 16 HoneyMoon - january
- 17 Glacier National Park Trip
- 18 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 19 Road map- European
- 20 Travel idea for a 1 year old
- 21 Malaga Ave fast train- M Zambrano Train Station car return
- 22 xmas anywhere in europe
- 23 Need advice for Asia trip
- 24 Family Italy
- 25 Big Island vs Maui