Here's my "problem". I REALLY want to go to Istanbul, but I'm gun shy (sorry) because of the current climate in that area. If I don't go there, here's what else is on this American's list: Scotland, somewhere in Italy with A LOT of history but lack of annoying tourists, Moscow (same concerns as Istanbul (?), and...well...where else?
I'm a HISTORY GEEK!! I find and go to museums that NO ONE else goes to, and I LOVE them.!
Time frame: Either this summer or a week (8 days in Oct)
1) how safe is Istanbul (and the area) now?
2) great places in Italy w/o "ugly American tourists"?
2B) Can I do Rome w/o being annoyed by the tourists?
3) Moscow? Yea, nay, or other?
Thanks all! I appreciate any advice to point me on my next trip!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 1 week mother-son trip in August. Where?
- 2 Beach Wedding Location Ideas!
- 3 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 4 Packing List for School Trip to Italy (Feedback please?)
- 5 Too old maybe?
- 6 Autism/Disability Travel
- 7 Travel idea for a 1 year old
- 8 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 9 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 10 Anybody tells me about best destination in the Hawai?
- 11 Traveling with Kids - Suggestions for Planner/Scrapbook to BRING on Trip
- 12 3-4 day weekend getaway for group
- 13 Looking for suggestions for summer vacay
- 14 Pedometer for Kids
- 15 Road trip from San Diego to Atlanta
- 16 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 17 Won a trip to anywhere in the world + hotel... where should I go!?
- 18 Honeymoon help Seattle to San Diago
- 19 Nova Scotia and PEI
- 20 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 21 Need Advice about Ticket Price Drop
- 22 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 23 Looking for suggestions for taking photos.
- 24 Traveling to Niagara Falls-HELP ME!
- 25 Food in carry on