Here's my "problem". I REALLY want to go to Istanbul, but I'm gun shy (sorry) because of the current climate in that area. If I don't go there, here's what else is on this American's list: Scotland, somewhere in Italy with A LOT of history but lack of annoying tourists, Moscow (same concerns as Istanbul (?), and...well...where else?
I'm a HISTORY GEEK!! I find and go to museums that NO ONE else goes to, and I LOVE them.!
Time frame: Either this summer or a week (8 days in Oct)
1) how safe is Istanbul (and the area) now?
2) great places in Italy w/o "ugly American tourists"?
2B) Can I do Rome w/o being annoyed by the tourists?
3) Moscow? Yea, nay, or other?
Thanks all! I appreciate any advice to point me on my next trip!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Utah's "Might 5" National Parks
- 2 50th Birthday trip
- 3 Travel to London/Paris/Rome
- 4 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 5 How do you organize your trip options such as restaurants and sights?
- 6 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 7 Iguazu vs Victoria falls
- 8 What to pack for that trip
- 9 Road trip Vegas to Seattle
- 10 New Convertible Bag for Teen?
- 11 Trip with friend
- 12 September Whim
- 13 advise for trip to Paris, Nice, Switzerland and Milan
- 14 Two weeks to make a decision where to travel...
- 15 Trip Ideas for Senior Parents
- 16 Mountain Honeymoon Destination
- 17 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 18 Lightweight carry-on that will meet Lufthansa's strict requirements?
- 19 honeymoon croatia and italy
- 20 My inbox is a total mess after 3 weeks trekking. Solutions?
- 21 Globus...Yay or nay?
- 22 40th birthday
- 23 Tom Harper River Cruise Company?
- 24 Must Haves in a travel kit. Battle of the sexes !
- 25 Packing vs Shipping when moving abroad