Here's my "problem". I REALLY want to go to Istanbul, but I'm gun shy (sorry) because of the current climate in that area. If I don't go there, here's what else is on this American's list: Scotland, somewhere in Italy with A LOT of history but lack of annoying tourists, Moscow (same concerns as Istanbul (?), and...well...where else?
I'm a HISTORY GEEK!! I find and go to museums that NO ONE else goes to, and I LOVE them.!
Time frame: Either this summer or a week (8 days in Oct)
1) how safe is Istanbul (and the area) now?
2) great places in Italy w/o "ugly American tourists"?
2B) Can I do Rome w/o being annoyed by the tourists?
3) Moscow? Yea, nay, or other?
Thanks all! I appreciate any advice to point me on my next trip!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Work in internet
- 2 Apps for Solo Travellers?
- 3 Home security while traveling
- 4 More on Phony Reviews
- 5 Advice for a newbie
- 6 Pros & cons of "travel" vests
- 7 Is a month and a half backpack trip around Europe worth leaving a job for?
- 8 Family trip Europe
- 9 Car Rentals in Italy
- 10 Spontaneous solo backpacking trip
- 11 Italy or Napa Valley? Mother daughter duo
- 12 What do you use to save money on travel?
- 13 Ideas February trip
- 14 Help with Itinerary for Trip with Kids to Carmel
- 15 Day bags when traveling
- 16 slippery sleeping bags with mat on slopes
- 17 cell phone adapters in UK and Europe
- 18 Three Week West Coast Road Trip
- 19 Family Road trip Jersey to PEI - Best route 1 overnight
- 20 Roundup of overseas cell phone plan options, or: To SIM or not to SIM?
- 21 Daughter's 30 Bday trip
- 22 Any expierences with Groupon or Living Social travel deals (international)?
- 23 Road Trip: - Venice - Florence - Rome
- 24 It's buy a bag time. Help!
- 25 Saving Money