Here's my "problem". I REALLY want to go to Istanbul, but I'm gun shy (sorry) because of the current climate in that area. If I don't go there, here's what else is on this American's list: Scotland, somewhere in Italy with A LOT of history but lack of annoying tourists, Moscow (same concerns as Istanbul (?), and...well...where else?
I'm a HISTORY GEEK!! I find and go to museums that NO ONE else goes to, and I LOVE them.!
Time frame: Either this summer or a week (8 days in Oct)
1) how safe is Istanbul (and the area) now?
2) great places in Italy w/o "ugly American tourists"?
2B) Can I do Rome w/o being annoyed by the tourists?
3) Moscow? Yea, nay, or other?
Thanks all! I appreciate any advice to point me on my next trip!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Checked through luggage - 2 separate bookings?
- 2 Renting International Cars from USA
- 3 Packing advice for fall trip to Europe
- 4 Help planning long road trip.
- 5 Daughter's Tour to korea
- 6 Trip Ideas for Adventure / Tropical Thanksgiving Holiday
- 7 Advice for traveling with leg/hip pain
- 8 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 9 Getting my child from Stanford
- 10 Ideal Trip!
- 11 [ENGLAND] Which places to visit (london districts + city nearby)
- 12 Pa to New England States
- 13 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 14 Do you get your expired passport back?
- 15 Is there a trick to booking a "comfort" seat?
- 16 cape cod
- 17 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 18 Is there a way get a specific model of car to rent?
- 19 Lipault luggage durability
- 20 Credit card protection
- 21 Retrieving Voice Mail abroad - Help me
- 22 Husband's 40th Birthday
- 23 Honeymoon in Bali
- 24 Mid September, Canadian Rockies, Portugal, Slovenia, Other?!
- 25 Family trip to the mountains in Fall