Here's my "problem". I REALLY want to go to Istanbul, but I'm gun shy (sorry) because of the current climate in that area. If I don't go there, here's what else is on this American's list: Scotland, somewhere in Italy with A LOT of history but lack of annoying tourists, Moscow (same concerns as Istanbul (?), and...well...where else?
I'm a HISTORY GEEK!! I find and go to museums that NO ONE else goes to, and I LOVE them.!
Time frame: Either this summer or a week (8 days in Oct)
1) how safe is Istanbul (and the area) now?
2) great places in Italy w/o "ugly American tourists"?
2B) Can I do Rome w/o being annoyed by the tourists?
3) Moscow? Yea, nay, or other?
Thanks all! I appreciate any advice to point me on my next trip!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Trip ideas for the winter
- 2 Help with choosing guided tour
- 3 Trip inspiration needed
- 4 A Black Bear Blog: Algonquin Park
- 5 I am a newbie backpacker. Please help?
- 6 Is the traditional apple picking trip overrated?
- 7 Ireland to ???
- 8 European chargers, Garmins & phones
- 9 Suggestions on suitcase size/brand
- 10 The Great Canadian Bungee: watch me jump!
- 11 Road trip from PA to NY
- 12 layover time - immigration process
- 13 Sunday Fundayz
- 14 Do you have a camping trip in the autumn
- 15 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 16 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 17 Year Long Travel
- 18 Packing light challenge
- 19 Reviewing a VRBO villa
- 20 Charter of a yacht
- 21 Travelling: Money Help
- 22 From Chicago to San Diego
- 23 3-5hr drive from KCMO
- 24 Watch AFL finals in New Orleans
- 25 Minimalistic living for travel