Here's my "problem". I REALLY want to go to Istanbul, but I'm gun shy (sorry) because of the current climate in that area. If I don't go there, here's what else is on this American's list: Scotland, somewhere in Italy with A LOT of history but lack of annoying tourists, Moscow (same concerns as Istanbul (?), and...well...where else?
I'm a HISTORY GEEK!! I find and go to museums that NO ONE else goes to, and I LOVE them.!
Time frame: Either this summer or a week (8 days in Oct)
1) how safe is Istanbul (and the area) now?
2) great places in Italy w/o "ugly American tourists"?
2B) Can I do Rome w/o being annoyed by the tourists?
3) Moscow? Yea, nay, or other?
Thanks all! I appreciate any advice to point me on my next trip!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 http://www.7supplements.org/noxitril-fake-scam/
- 2 Travel Escort idea
- 3 7 Day in Tuscany Villa in Italy?
- 4 7 days from Madrid to Barcelona
- 5 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 6 New England Fall Foliage
- 7 Driving up the coast from L to San Fran
- 8 Travel on a $2000 Budget
- 9 House/Pet Sitting travel
- 10 regain air ticket cost from travel insurance company
- 11 A week to go somewhere
- 12 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 13 Driving in Ireland
- 14 Nikon Coolpix L830angle camera - alternatives?
- 15 LAX to Dodger Stadium
- 16 Carrying your passport
- 17 Road trip or Train
- 18 Singapore or Disneyland Paris
- 19 Ideal Trip!
- 20 Daughter's Tour to korea
- 21 Inexpensive travel from Gothenburg or Copenhagen
- 22 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 23 Packing advice for fall trip to Europe
- 24 Where to go for short visit?
- 25 Help for my wife's 40th with her best friends