Here's my "problem". I REALLY want to go to Istanbul, but I'm gun shy (sorry) because of the current climate in that area. If I don't go there, here's what else is on this American's list: Scotland, somewhere in Italy with A LOT of history but lack of annoying tourists, Moscow (same concerns as Istanbul (?), and...well...where else?
I'm a HISTORY GEEK!! I find and go to museums that NO ONE else goes to, and I LOVE them.!
Time frame: Either this summer or a week (8 days in Oct)
1) how safe is Istanbul (and the area) now?
2) great places in Italy w/o "ugly American tourists"?
2B) Can I do Rome w/o being annoyed by the tourists?
3) Moscow? Yea, nay, or other?
Thanks all! I appreciate any advice to point me on my next trip!
Next Trip? Need advice, help, and suggestions! =-)
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 never fly LIAT
- 2 Travel Books for Kids?
- 3 All purpose soap
- 4 quiet getaways for older women
- 5 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 6 Andrews FCU card and Car Rental CDW
- 7 Expedia Flight+Hotel
- 8 1-month trip idea for 3 guys in their 20s in June-July?
- 9 trip ideas in May...
- 10 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 11 Currency exchange, the best deal?
- 12 finding last minute packages
- 13 What is Meningitis? And does it require to travel to Saudia Arabia?
- 14 My Dream Trip Itinerary - What Do You Think?
- 15 Traditional Afternoon Tea, Best Fish and Chips in London
- 16 Best adventure/trek holiday ideas
- 17 What book should I read?
- 18 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 19 Road trip in Italy
- 20 Hostel suggestions
- 21 Help planning vacation to Vancouver, Seattle & San Juan islands
- 22 Haroon Mahmood - Need Idea & Tips For Travel Italy
- 23 Summer Teaching Jobs Abroad
- 24 Where to travel?
- 25 Scotland