Here's my "problem". I REALLY want to go to Istanbul, but I'm gun shy (sorry) because of the current climate in that area. If I don't go there, here's what else is on this American's list: Scotland, somewhere in Italy with A LOT of history but lack of annoying tourists, Moscow (same concerns as Istanbul (?), and...well...where else?
I'm a HISTORY GEEK!! I find and go to museums that NO ONE else goes to, and I LOVE them.!
Time frame: Either this summer or a week (8 days in Oct)
1) how safe is Istanbul (and the area) now?
2) great places in Italy w/o "ugly American tourists"?
2B) Can I do Rome w/o being annoyed by the tourists?
3) Moscow? Yea, nay, or other?
Thanks all! I appreciate any advice to point me on my next trip!
Next Trip? Need advice, help, and suggestions! =-)
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 travel ideas mom with 17 16 yr old sons one likes outdoors the other city
- 2 VPN and proxy server recommendations
- 3 Baggage Limits
- 4 Tom Harper River Cruise Company?
- 5 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 6 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 7 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 8 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 9 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 10 Where is it that's warm, dry and intellectual?
- 11 30th Birthday Trip Ideas!
- 12 About EHIC card?
- 13 London, Amsterdam, Munich, and Barcelona in 17 days?
- 14 Packing Bottles of Gin in Checked Luggage
- 15 Best adventure/trek holiday ideas
- 16 quiet getaways for older women
- 17 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 18 Torn between Trips
- 19 Ohhhh where to go next!
- 20 Groupon Getaways
- 21 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 22 Will pollution wreck my Beijing dreams ?
- 23 Road Trip from Boston to North Carolina
- 24 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 25 Carrying a smartphone