I want to upgrade my camera to a higher end point and shoot. I have an old Canon A610, which has been great, but it's time to move on. I've looked at a variety of cameras, been in to hold a few as well. We take lots of outdoor scenery shots (will be going to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone), family photos, and my husband, an avid cyclist and baseball enthusiast likes to take photos at races and ball games. We want it to be manageable in size, but also versatile. I think a decent amount of zoom would serve us well. Oh the choices are mind boggling! I was not as attracted to the similar level Nikon (though I generally love Nikon) due to the fact that I think you have to charge it with the battery in the camera, and the way the LCD screen flips out was less attractive and seemed a bit flimsy. The Lumix were of interest though I've heard some talk about issues with the proprietary batteries and some concern about the jpeg photos. I'm not familiar with taking RAW photos. Is it complicated to learn? Lots of questions, I know. Would appreciate any thoughts!!
New Camera - Canon SX30 v. Sony HX100 v. Lumix 100 or DMC-FZ45/40
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 December travel - where to go?
- 2 Home security while traveling?
- 3 How much do you pay a travel agent?
- 4 Home Exchanges
- 5 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 6 Affordable January Trip Ideas
- 7 Air B&B
- 8 Suggest best accomodation in singapore
- 9 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 10 US $ or local currency when booking hotel online?
- 11 Phone service
- 12 Where to go on multi-gen trip in Apr 2015 with2 & 6 year olds?
- 13 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 14 Want suggestion for Diwali tour place
- 15 Recommendations for Light-Weight, 4-Wheel, 22-in. Roll On.
- 16 Fall Road Trip
- 17 December 3 Week Vacation
- 18 San Francisco or San Diego
- 19 Luggage Help: Need a Luggage or Duffel at least 31" x 23" (78 x 57cm)
- 20 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 21 Groupon Cancellation/Transfer Option
- 22 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 23 6 weeks in the Americas during December
- 24 Shoes for round the world trip - suitable for hiking and running?
- 25 Scammers on Airbnb site