I want to upgrade my camera to a higher end point and shoot. I have an old Canon A610, which has been great, but it's time to move on. I've looked at a variety of cameras, been in to hold a few as well. We take lots of outdoor scenery shots (will be going to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone), family photos, and my husband, an avid cyclist and baseball enthusiast likes to take photos at races and ball games. We want it to be manageable in size, but also versatile. I think a decent amount of zoom would serve us well. Oh the choices are mind boggling! I was not as attracted to the similar level Nikon (though I generally love Nikon) due to the fact that I think you have to charge it with the battery in the camera, and the way the LCD screen flips out was less attractive and seemed a bit flimsy. The Lumix were of interest though I've heard some talk about issues with the proprietary batteries and some concern about the jpeg photos. I'm not familiar with taking RAW photos. Is it complicated to learn? Lots of questions, I know. Would appreciate any thoughts!!
New Camera - Canon SX30 v. Sony HX100 v. Lumix 100 or DMC-FZ45/40
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Will pollution wreck my Beijing dreams ?
- 2 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 3 Torn between Trips
- 4 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 5 Carrying a smartphone
- 6 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 7 Health insurance for one month visit to USA
- 8 Keeping yourself safe while abroad
- 9 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 10 40th birthday trip with my husband
- 11 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 12 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 13 Saying hello to all the disc golf playing travelers!
- 14 50th birthday in January destination
- 15 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 16 Banks that do not charge foreign ATM fees
- 17 Discounted luggage websites
- 18 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 19 Bad recommendation on Super shuttle Paris
- 20 Advice about a cycling holiday
- 21 Best Time to Purchase Flights
- 22 22 hours layover in London Heathrow
- 23 Groupon Getaways
- 24 Rain Boots
- 25 Travel Books for Kids?