I want to upgrade my camera to a higher end point and shoot. I have an old Canon A610, which has been great, but it's time to move on. I've looked at a variety of cameras, been in to hold a few as well. We take lots of outdoor scenery shots (will be going to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone), family photos, and my husband, an avid cyclist and baseball enthusiast likes to take photos at races and ball games. We want it to be manageable in size, but also versatile. I think a decent amount of zoom would serve us well. Oh the choices are mind boggling! I was not as attracted to the similar level Nikon (though I generally love Nikon) due to the fact that I think you have to charge it with the battery in the camera, and the way the LCD screen flips out was less attractive and seemed a bit flimsy. The Lumix were of interest though I've heard some talk about issues with the proprietary batteries and some concern about the jpeg photos. I'm not familiar with taking RAW photos. Is it complicated to learn? Lots of questions, I know. Would appreciate any thoughts!!
New Camera - Canon SX30 v. Sony HX100 v. Lumix 100 or DMC-FZ45/40
View all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Christmas break vacation destination ideas?
- 2 Luggage Tags
- 3 How is the United Lounge at LAX?
- 4 Which Travel Bag
- 5 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 6 Suggestions for Spain & Portugal
- 7 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 8 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 9 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 10 Your Best Travel Tips
- 11 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 12 europe In January
- 13 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 14 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 15 Where to go on Christmas?
- 16 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 17 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 18 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 19 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 20 Holiday Travel Plans
- 21 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 22 Purchasing a flight with someone else's frequent flyer points
- 23 Which Hotel is near to Northern arizona university, Flagstaff
- 24 Help with honeymoon destination
- 25 places to stop and stretch.