My Husband and I find ourselves with 5 days alone in June (without our 3 kids) to take a vacation to celebrate my birthday. We have done an exhaustive search looking for a tropical destination and have come up empty. We live in NY and don't want to spend a long time on an airplane getting somewhere. We don't want to do a mega resort. My perfect trip would be a beach hut some where that is quiet, yet has good food (a must). We are not people who like to join in on tons of activities. We would like to experience local culture. All inclusive would be fine, but not a necessity. We had found the "perfect place" yesterday, the Cocos hotel in Antigua. That is until we read the reviews about what happened there 2 years ago. Now, I can't go there. Can anyone please give me a good suggestion? The planning has started to become not fun for me and I am ready to throw in the towel.
Need Help picking a destination in June
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Visa expiration and re entry
- 2 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 3 Rovia booking engine
- 4 Places to travel in June or July
- 5 Packing Help - What to take
- 6 Jacket with pockets
- 7 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 8 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 9 2 Week Trip for Newleywed's - Adventure and Beach
- 10 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 11 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 12 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 13 Dual time zone watches
- 14 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 15 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 16 Website for good hotel rates?
- 17 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 18 What color nail polish in France
- 19 Travel Clothing
- 20 advance single 1st class rail travel with virgin trains
- 21 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 22 Where to go - Mexico, Dominican Republic, Cuba or Cape Verde???
- 23 Looking for travel app (iOS) to map my custom walking tour...
- 24 AVIS' car rental Dirty Tricks
- 25 Getting a Second Passport