My Husband and I find ourselves with 5 days alone in June (without our 3 kids) to take a vacation to celebrate my birthday. We have done an exhaustive search looking for a tropical destination and have come up empty. We live in NY and don't want to spend a long time on an airplane getting somewhere. We don't want to do a mega resort. My perfect trip would be a beach hut some where that is quiet, yet has good food (a must). We are not people who like to join in on tons of activities. We would like to experience local culture. All inclusive would be fine, but not a necessity. We had found the "perfect place" yesterday, the Cocos hotel in Antigua. That is until we read the reviews about what happened there 2 years ago. Now, I can't go there. Can anyone please give me a good suggestion? The planning has started to become not fun for me and I am ready to throw in the towel.
Need Help picking a destination in June
View all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 2 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 3 europe In January
- 4 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 5 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 6 Where to go on Christmas?
- 7 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 8 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 9 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 10 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 11 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 12 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 13 Holiday Travel Plans
- 14 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 15 Purchasing a flight with someone else's frequent flyer points
- 16 Which Hotel is near to Northern arizona university, Flagstaff
- 17 Help with honeymoon destination
- 18 places to stop and stretch.
- 19 Travel with or without kids ?
- 20 7 days European trip with kids- suggestions needed
- 21 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 22 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 23 Where to Stay in solomon island ?
- 24 Your Best Travel Tips
- 25 Single Senior Citizen travel