My Husband and I find ourselves with 5 days alone in June (without our 3 kids) to take a vacation to celebrate my birthday. We have done an exhaustive search looking for a tropical destination and have come up empty. We live in NY and don't want to spend a long time on an airplane getting somewhere. We don't want to do a mega resort. My perfect trip would be a beach hut some where that is quiet, yet has good food (a must). We are not people who like to join in on tons of activities. We would like to experience local culture. All inclusive would be fine, but not a necessity. We had found the "perfect place" yesterday, the Cocos hotel in Antigua. That is until we read the reviews about what happened there 2 years ago. Now, I can't go there. Can anyone please give me a good suggestion? The planning has started to become not fun for me and I am ready to throw in the towel.
Need Help picking a destination in June
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 2 Holiday Wish List for Vacation Rental Owners
- 3 Help finding a lifestyle resort
- 4 how to add my photo to my passport renewal application?
- 5 Hawaii or Rio for solo single male travel
- 6 Travel SIMs
- 7 An Introduction to new member
- 8 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam
- 9 Travelling in June
- 10 Travel with 13 yr old nephew - need help on where please!
- 11 Friends Seeking Advice
- 12 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 13 Anyone have suggestion for best tablet to use when traveling? under $300
- 14 25th wedding anniv travel
- 15 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 16 Best places to start...
- 17 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 18 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 19 two months away and mold problems.
- 20 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 21 French gastronomy
- 22 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 23 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 24 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 25 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!