My Husband and I find ourselves with 5 days alone in June (without our 3 kids) to take a vacation to celebrate my birthday. We have done an exhaustive search looking for a tropical destination and have come up empty. We live in NY and don't want to spend a long time on an airplane getting somewhere. We don't want to do a mega resort. My perfect trip would be a beach hut some where that is quiet, yet has good food (a must). We are not people who like to join in on tons of activities. We would like to experience local culture. All inclusive would be fine, but not a necessity. We had found the "perfect place" yesterday, the Cocos hotel in Antigua. That is until we read the reviews about what happened there 2 years ago. Now, I can't go there. Can anyone please give me a good suggestion? The planning has started to become not fun for me and I am ready to throw in the towel.
Need Help picking a destination in June
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Ideas for mid winter solo trip someplace warm or cold, but fun!!
- 2 finding last minute packages
- 3 trip ideas in May...
- 4 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 5 Honeymoon on a budget leaving Perth, Australia
- 6 Package to Paris, Flight Not Included. 2 Travel Insurance Policies Needed?
- 7 Scotland
- 8 Car Rentals are expensive!
- 9 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 10 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 11 Moving from DC to Texas
- 12 Japan vs. California vs. Hawaii
- 13 First solo travel adventure! Please help!
- 14 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 15 Your favorite, toddler-friendly international destination???
- 16 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 17 First Solo Trip in my 20s
- 18 Travel Resolutions: Do You Have Any For 2015?
- 19 Best ways to get around when you can't rent a car?
- 20 Which luggage scales?
- 21 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 22 3week honeymoon in Europe- Spain-France-Italy
- 23 Train or City Hopping? Your thoughts?
- 24 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 25 Best places to start...