I am feeling a little bummed out at the moment and wanted to ask if anyone has thoughts on how we can use our 350K carefully saved United miles to find an upgrade to get from the U.S. to Johannesburg.
I have attempted to find Star Alliance help but keep getting stuck and have never had good luck with that avenue in the past.
I'm not sure how to best research a circuitous itinerary, e.g., U.S. > Europe > Johannesburg
Any advice would be welcome.
[cross-posted to air travel]
Need creative ideas on using United miles to upgrade to Johannesburg
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 30th Birthday road trip ideas
- 2 ideas for summer travel that don't need to be planned way in advance
- 3 Europe Trip Itinerary Check
- 4 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 5 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 6 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 7 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 8 Delices & Gourmandises
- 9 Prepaid debit cards in Brazil
- 10 Packing Help - What to take
- 11 Amsterdam to Normandy
- 12 Places to travel in June or July
- 13 Visa expiration and re entry
- 14 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 15 Rovia booking engine
- 16 Jacket with pockets
- 17 2 Week Trip for Newleywed's - Adventure and Beach
- 18 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 19 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 20 Dual time zone watches
- 21 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 22 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 23 Website for good hotel rates?
- 24 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 25 What color nail polish in France