I am feeling a little bummed out at the moment and wanted to ask if anyone has thoughts on how we can use our 350K carefully saved United miles to find an upgrade to get from the U.S. to Johannesburg.
I have attempted to find Star Alliance help but keep getting stuck and have never had good luck with that avenue in the past.
I'm not sure how to best research a circuitous itinerary, e.g., U.S. > Europe > Johannesburg
Any advice would be welcome.
[cross-posted to air travel]
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 2 Useful travel apps
- 3 Want to BLOG my Trips! Best sites or apps for travel blogging?!
- 4 Travel Apps
- 5 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 6 5 Best travel apps? (open)
- 7 Packing nightmare
- 8 Best time to purchase ticket on British Air
- 9 A problem with booking.com
- 10 First solo trip, where should I visit?
- 11 Wheeled duffle options
- 12 Grad trip: African Safari vs. Europe
- 13 Fodor's: Please Stop with the Obnoxious Ads
- 14 Newbie Using Whats App
- 15 TripIt App?
- 16 Watch Out! There are VRBO.com Fees!
- 17 Best way to find new things to do in new city/country?
- 18 Money transfer
- 19 Itinerary Planning Apps
- 20 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 21 In search of international vacation ideas with toddler from NYC
- 22 Passport signature
- 23 Need advice! First time to Ireland, 10 day itinerary set
- 24 Switzerland-Paris10 days trip...queries
- 25 St. Louis MO to Yellowstone
Need creative ideas on using United miles to upgrade to Johannesburg