I am feeling a little bummed out at the moment and wanted to ask if anyone has thoughts on how we can use our 350K carefully saved United miles to find an upgrade to get from the U.S. to Johannesburg.
I have attempted to find Star Alliance help but keep getting stuck and have never had good luck with that avenue in the past.
I'm not sure how to best research a circuitous itinerary, e.g., U.S. > Europe > Johannesburg
Any advice would be welcome.
[cross-posted to air travel]
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 A most peculiar suitcase--it comes with shelves!
- 2 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 3 TravelAgent
- 4 Your Favorite Rain coat?
- 5 Paris city to Orly airport transport
- 6 Bad Experience
- 7 Egypt or Singapore ?
- 8 Business trip in early March
- 9 Mishap and Adventure studying English in Malta
- 10 Looking for clothing recommendations!
- 11 Family of 3-month long trip
- 12 Solo travel France / winter
- 13 What can i do to make Turkish airline to refund my unused tickets
- 14 Christmas warm weather
- 15 B. Hills/Badlands from Denver
- 16 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 17 SiobhanP Back looking for old Friends!
- 18 Detroit to Glacier National Park
- 19 Bruges or Copenhagen?!
- 20 Europe in December with a toddler - need to make plans ASAP
- 21 Want to go Munich
- 22 Rockies, Teton, Yellowstone, Glacier Parks
- 23 Road trip to Utah from CA
- 24 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 25 US (Road or Air) Trip Ideas for December
Need creative ideas on using United miles to upgrade to Johannesburg