I am feeling a little bummed out at the moment and wanted to ask if anyone has thoughts on how we can use our 350K carefully saved United miles to find an upgrade to get from the U.S. to Johannesburg.
I have attempted to find Star Alliance help but keep getting stuck and have never had good luck with that avenue in the past.
I'm not sure how to best research a circuitous itinerary, e.g., U.S. > Europe > Johannesburg
Any advice would be welcome.
[cross-posted to air travel]
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Road trip from D.C. to Maine
- 2 Trip to eurpoe and sweden
- 3 Is there a trick to booking a "comfort" seat?
- 4 Use of ATM cards in foreign country?
- 5 My Trip to Spain
- 6 5 Best travel apps? (open)
- 7 Senior lady travels solo
- 8 Destination Help (w/ specifics)
- 9 Ideas for 1 week trip
- 10 travel insurance
- 11 Any must-have item for travelling?
- 12 Ideas for Ladies Beach Destination October
- 13 2nd career ideas for travelers
- 14 Backpacking in Europe
- 15 Travelocity problems
- 16 need to Plan summer holidays
- 17 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 18 Sharing/organizing group travel photos
- 19 Active locals, beaches, jungle, limited industrialism - Can I have it all?
- 20 Food Delicacies of spain
- 21 Help planning a family trip to the Grand Canyon this summer!
- 22 Too old maybe?
- 23 July 2016 Honeymoon Destination...Too many options!
- 24 How do you 'handle' your digital photos when on a trip
- 25 TX & LA fortnight trip
Need creative ideas on using United miles to upgrade to Johannesburg