I am feeling a little bummed out at the moment and wanted to ask if anyone has thoughts on how we can use our 350K carefully saved United miles to find an upgrade to get from the U.S. to Johannesburg.
I have attempted to find Star Alliance help but keep getting stuck and have never had good luck with that avenue in the past.
I'm not sure how to best research a circuitous itinerary, e.g., U.S. > Europe > Johannesburg
Any advice would be welcome.
[cross-posted to air travel]
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Fan 220v or dual volt for travel
- 2 Las Vegas to page the Grand Canyon to Phoenix
- 3 Tips for tour guides on a week or longer trip
- 4 Travel towel?
- 5 Train ride from Florida to Alaska
- 6 Do any of you have Away luggage?
- 7 Favorite budget travel items?
- 8 One way to and one way back home?
- 9 Irish Pubs and other Fun Things
- 10 Holiday ideas urgently needed for mother and daughter holiday
- 11 Connection Time for Dulles
- 12 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 13 Ideas for road trip, South Florida up to Charleston, SC
- 14 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 15 Solo travel in Europe as a 18 year old female
- 16 Road trip Houston to Creede Colorado
- 17 9 days trip start from Turin, Italy
- 18 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 19 4hrs layover at miami international airport enough?
- 20 Fliip Key vs VRBO
- 21 Question about USD Value in Other Countrues
- 22 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 23 Budapest to Copenhagen trip ideas
- 24 What is the best Internet Service Provider in Cairo, Egypt?
- 25 How realistic traveling without money actually is?
Need creative ideas on using United miles to upgrade to Johannesburg