We really love the national parks and have been to several prior to our wonderful new baby.
We love hiking and sightseeing (scenery and wildlife) and have spent several nights in these already: Acadia, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone and Grand Teton.
Thinking about going again Summer of 2010 and are wondering what some of the best choices are for a 2 year old.
Knowing we won't be able to take long hikes together (but could take turns), what are considered some of the more kid-friendly places to visit?
Have heard Yosemite is a potential. We'd probably want to do Sequoia as long as we are that far already from home.
We like to lodge in the park whenever possible and don't mind spending 3+nights in one place.
Any input would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Getting my child from Stanford
- 2 Advice for traveling with leg/hip pain
- 3 Ideal Trip!
- 4 [ENGLAND] Which places to visit (london districts + city nearby)
- 5 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 6 Pa to New England States
- 7 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 8 Do you get your expired passport back?
- 9 Is there a trick to booking a "comfort" seat?
- 10 cape cod
- 11 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 12 Is there a way get a specific model of car to rent?
- 13 Lipault luggage durability
- 14 Credit card protection
- 15 Retrieving Voice Mail abroad - Help me
- 16 Husband's 40th Birthday
- 17 Honeymoon in Bali
- 18 Mid September, Canadian Rockies, Portugal, Slovenia, Other?!
- 19 Family trip to the mountains in Fall
- 20 Two weeks exploring from Salzburg
- 21 Summer destination for couples HELP!
- 22 CPAP Distilled Water for Cruise in Hungary
- 23 Around the World - 6 months, more land and less planes
- 24 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 25 photography trip in July Chile-Peru-Bolivia-Chile