We are looking to travel next spring during Spring Break with our 3yo daughter for 7-10 days. We are looking for a beach vacation and are planning on using miles to travel from Portland, OR. Our daughter thus far has been a good traveller and is used to 6hr long flights, although the one red eye that i did with her was painful. We are looking to travel to Maui, Turks & Caicos or Roatan, Honduras, and need help in choosing a place to travel. Here are some details about us and what we are looking for in a trip:
Us: We like to travel overall. I have always been more adventurous in choosing locations, and my husband gripes but usually ends up loving the places that I choose. We want to relax by a beautiful beach where the currents aren't so strong that our daughter can't wade in the water. We typically like to see and do a few cultural things, but since the arrival of our daughter, long car rides and visits to museums are kept to a minimum. We would like good food and a place to relax. We are travelling during spring break due to work/day care schedules and I want to avoid a place that is going to attract college kids on spring break.
Lodging: We want to be on the beach or really close. We prefer to stay in a rental versus a resort, but it would be nice if it had a swimming pool, etc. We would like to be close to restaurants and shopping. Walking distance would be ideal.
Concerns: My hubby is not hot on Roatan, but it looks gorgeous. I'm also concerned about food safety and sand fleas. Can anyone comment on this who has been there? Would like a few things to do or see that are not water based in case we get bored after a week on the beach.
I would love to hear advise or feedback from other fodorites. Many thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 http://www.pureasiangarciniareview.com/vitalpeak-xt/
- 2 Daughter's Tour to korea
- 3 When NOT to travel to Dubai?
- 4 http://healthyclubpro.com/t90-xplode-reviews/
- 5 European Travel in March
- 6 Checked through luggage - 2 separate bookings?
- 7 Renting International Cars from USA
- 8 Packing advice for fall trip to Europe
- 9 Help planning long road trip.
- 10 Trip Ideas for Adventure / Tropical Thanksgiving Holiday
- 11 Advice for traveling with leg/hip pain
- 12 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 13 Getting my child from Stanford
- 14 Ideal Trip!
- 15 [ENGLAND] Which places to visit (london districts + city nearby)
- 16 Pa to New England States
- 17 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 18 Do you get your expired passport back?
- 19 Is there a trick to booking a "comfort" seat?
- 20 cape cod
- 21 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 22 Is there a way get a specific model of car to rent?
- 23 Lipault luggage durability
- 24 Credit card protection
- 25 Retrieving Voice Mail abroad - Help me