We are looking to travel next spring during Spring Break with our 3yo daughter for 7-10 days. We are looking for a beach vacation and are planning on using miles to travel from Portland, OR. Our daughter thus far has been a good traveller and is used to 6hr long flights, although the one red eye that i did with her was painful. We are looking to travel to Maui, Turks & Caicos or Roatan, Honduras, and need help in choosing a place to travel. Here are some details about us and what we are looking for in a trip:
Us: We like to travel overall. I have always been more adventurous in choosing locations, and my husband gripes but usually ends up loving the places that I choose. We want to relax by a beautiful beach where the currents aren't so strong that our daughter can't wade in the water. We typically like to see and do a few cultural things, but since the arrival of our daughter, long car rides and visits to museums are kept to a minimum. We would like good food and a place to relax. We are travelling during spring break due to work/day care schedules and I want to avoid a place that is going to attract college kids on spring break.
Lodging: We want to be on the beach or really close. We prefer to stay in a rental versus a resort, but it would be nice if it had a swimming pool, etc. We would like to be close to restaurants and shopping. Walking distance would be ideal.
Concerns: My hubby is not hot on Roatan, but it looks gorgeous. I'm also concerned about food safety and sand fleas. Can anyone comment on this who has been there? Would like a few things to do or see that are not water based in case we get bored after a week on the beach.
I would love to hear advise or feedback from other fodorites. Many thanks!!
Mar 2013 Trip Ideas with Toddler - Advice Needed!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Light weight Luggage
- 2 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 3 Carry-on Luggage
- 4 RDIF Security Bags/Wallets
- 5 Help? Where to go with an 18 year old boy?
- 6 Traveling with a smartphone
- 7 Which place would you like to travel ?
- 8 Transferring on an international flight
- 9 Need Help: Winter US/Carrib Vacation Ideas
- 10 Accessing online banking while in Europe
- 11 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 12 AutoSlash and Hotel Tonight - Your Reviews
- 13 Thanksgiving week trip
- 14 Is there a company or website that compares SIM cards?
- 15 Around the World Ticket/Trips
- 16 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 17 Thrifty OHare parking
- 18 Saving money travelling the world
- 19 Family Holiday in Turkey-with three kids aged 12,10 & 7
- 20 Hitchhiking robot - way cool!
- 21 Anyone Tried US CBP's Mobile Passport Program at ATL?
- 22 Discounted luggage websites
- 23 First Time Going to Europe - Ideas?
- 24 New York, Vegas or the Carribean
- 25 Buddies Turning 40 - Where to Go?