We are looking to travel next spring during Spring Break with our 3yo daughter for 7-10 days. We are looking for a beach vacation and are planning on using miles to travel from Portland, OR. Our daughter thus far has been a good traveller and is used to 6hr long flights, although the one red eye that i did with her was painful. We are looking to travel to Maui, Turks & Caicos or Roatan, Honduras, and need help in choosing a place to travel. Here are some details about us and what we are looking for in a trip:
Us: We like to travel overall. I have always been more adventurous in choosing locations, and my husband gripes but usually ends up loving the places that I choose. We want to relax by a beautiful beach where the currents aren't so strong that our daughter can't wade in the water. We typically like to see and do a few cultural things, but since the arrival of our daughter, long car rides and visits to museums are kept to a minimum. We would like good food and a place to relax. We are travelling during spring break due to work/day care schedules and I want to avoid a place that is going to attract college kids on spring break.
Lodging: We want to be on the beach or really close. We prefer to stay in a rental versus a resort, but it would be nice if it had a swimming pool, etc. We would like to be close to restaurants and shopping. Walking distance would be ideal.
Concerns: My hubby is not hot on Roatan, but it looks gorgeous. I'm also concerned about food safety and sand fleas. Can anyone comment on this who has been there? Would like a few things to do or see that are not water based in case we get bored after a week on the beach.
I would love to hear advise or feedback from other fodorites. Many thanks!!
Mar 2013 Trip Ideas with Toddler - Advice Needed!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Affordable January Trip Ideas
- 2 Air B&B
- 3 Suggest best accomodation in singapore
- 4 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 5 Home security while traveling?
- 6 US $ or local currency when booking hotel online?
- 7 Phone service
- 8 Where to go on multi-gen trip in Apr 2015 with2 & 6 year olds?
- 9 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 10 Want suggestion for Diwali tour place
- 11 Recommendations for Light-Weight, 4-Wheel, 22-in. Roll On.
- 12 Fall Road Trip
- 13 December 3 Week Vacation
- 14 San Francisco or San Diego
- 15 Luggage Help: Need a Luggage or Duffel at least 31" x 23" (78 x 57cm)
- 16 Home Exchanges
- 17 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 18 Groupon Cancellation/Transfer Option
- 19 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 20 6 weeks in the Americas during December
- 21 Shoes for round the world trip - suitable for hiking and running?
- 22 Scammers on Airbnb site
- 23 India food Tours
- 24 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 25 VPN? Witopia? If so, which?