We are looking to travel next spring during Spring Break with our 3yo daughter for 7-10 days. We are looking for a beach vacation and are planning on using miles to travel from Portland, OR. Our daughter thus far has been a good traveller and is used to 6hr long flights, although the one red eye that i did with her was painful. We are looking to travel to Maui, Turks & Caicos or Roatan, Honduras, and need help in choosing a place to travel. Here are some details about us and what we are looking for in a trip:
Us: We like to travel overall. I have always been more adventurous in choosing locations, and my husband gripes but usually ends up loving the places that I choose. We want to relax by a beautiful beach where the currents aren't so strong that our daughter can't wade in the water. We typically like to see and do a few cultural things, but since the arrival of our daughter, long car rides and visits to museums are kept to a minimum. We would like good food and a place to relax. We are travelling during spring break due to work/day care schedules and I want to avoid a place that is going to attract college kids on spring break.
Lodging: We want to be on the beach or really close. We prefer to stay in a rental versus a resort, but it would be nice if it had a swimming pool, etc. We would like to be close to restaurants and shopping. Walking distance would be ideal.
Concerns: My hubby is not hot on Roatan, but it looks gorgeous. I'm also concerned about food safety and sand fleas. Can anyone comment on this who has been there? Would like a few things to do or see that are not water based in case we get bored after a week on the beach.
I would love to hear advise or feedback from other fodorites. Many thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Trip Insurance
- 2 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 3 Please help with interest-based travel
- 4 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 5 Travelling Solo - Yay or Nay?
- 6 meditation - yoga - retreates.
- 7 thrifty - bad experience
- 8 Home security while traveling
- 9 Your help needed! survey: decision-making within branded airlines
- 10 What to pack for that trip
- 11 Travel tips
- 12 Hawaii or Europe for Babymoon
- 13 Booking.com and a scam. Beware
- 14 Honeymoon Ideas for February 2016
- 15 Thanksgiving Travel Ideas: 8 adults & 7 kids
- 16 Any restaurant in London to enjoy a meal watching a cabaret singing show?
- 17 Passport picture cost
- 18 Passport damage?
- 19 Travel from Turin, IT to Lucerne, SW
- 20 World trip
- 21 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam
- 22 Puerto Rico, Punta Cana or Cuba??
- 23 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 24 Passport expiration
- 25 Girls Trip Ideas