I'm looking for some kind of program or app that can do all of these things below. I'm hoping to be able to continuously add destinations to this program over time as I learn about them, so that I can plan future road trips from this saved information. I originally used Google Maps Engine which was great except that it limits the number of layers you can use.
This is what i would like it to do:
-Add pinpoints to the map. Ability to add notes as well including any text I want, links to online info, information on which season is best to visit.
-Add those pinpoints to multiple map layers (for example, one layer with national parks, another layer with surf locations, another with landmarks)
-Ability to either hide or display each layer, to only be looking at data relevant to the trip i'm planning.
-Not necessary, but would be great if I can have it filter by which season I selected as the ideal time to visit each location.
Thanks for any input, and happy travels!
Mapping tool for planning multi-destination trips
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Most Exotic and Adventurous Trip Possible
- 2 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 3 Honeymoon
- 4 Help finding a beach resort w/ nightlife for a young couple!
- 5 Are these shoes too American looking?
- 6 Where to go over New Years?
- 7 my travel ignorance
- 8 Your favorite USA car rental company
- 9 Your Best Travel Tips
- 10 Northern Lights
- 11 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 12 Road trip along the east coast with tween & teen
- 13 First Trip To Japan and South Korea Solo!
- 14 Travel Insurance or not
- 15 Duffel size needed for 33lb limit
- 16 Economy PLus on United to China
- 17 Down or synthetic sleeping bag?
- 18 Light weight Luggage
- 19 3 weeks backpacking around Europe, how to call home?
- 20 Online Booking Agency- which one to use?
- 21 Teaching Abroad with Expiring Passport
- 22 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 23 Favorite airline and hotel booking sites
- 24 Seeking Family All-Inclusive Advice
- 25 Relaxing September Getaway: Scenic Destination with Outdoor Activities