I'm going to Portugal this year. Like most of the rest of Europe, the smaller hotels (generally) don't have coffee makers in the rooms, and I don't really want to spend 15 euros at breakfast each day just to get my coffee. So I've decided to sacrifice some valuable packing space to bring along my own. My initial idea is to bring along a small hot pot (Rival makes one that weighs very little), and a Melitta cone. But I am aware that there are also travel coffee makers, and even little immersion units. I would appreciate some suggestions from those of you who own either of these gadgets, or even if you have a better idea!
making coffee in the room
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Winter Roadside Emergency Kit
- 2 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 3 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 4 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 5 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 6 Travel Agency Review for Trip to Spain
- 7 Does anyone have the Sparrow bag I read about in Sunday's LA Times?
- 8 10 Days of travel help!
- 9 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!
- 10 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 11 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 12 French gastronomy
- 13 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 14 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 15 Re-checking bag after a layover.
- 16 Best places to start...
- 17 25th wedding anniv travel
- 18 Where in the World Should We Go?
- 19 Friends Seeking Advice
- 20 December travel - where to go?
- 21 Travel health insurance
- 22 Apple Pay is here, and it's revolutionary!
- 23 India food Tours
- 24 Where would you go if you were us?
- 25 Home Exchanges