I'm going to Portugal this year. Like most of the rest of Europe, the smaller hotels (generally) don't have coffee makers in the rooms, and I don't really want to spend 15 euros at breakfast each day just to get my coffee. So I've decided to sacrifice some valuable packing space to bring along my own. My initial idea is to bring along a small hot pot (Rival makes one that weighs very little), and a Melitta cone. But I am aware that there are also travel coffee makers, and even little immersion units. I would appreciate some suggestions from those of you who own either of these gadgets, or even if you have a better idea!
making coffee in the room
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Keeping yourself safe while abroad
- 2 Torn between Trips
- 3 Baggage
- 4 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 5 40th birthday trip with my husband
- 6 Will pollution wreck my Beijing dreams ?
- 7 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 8 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 9 Saying hello to all the disc golf playing travelers!
- 10 50th birthday in January destination
- 11 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 12 Banks that do not charge foreign ATM fees
- 13 Discounted luggage websites
- 14 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 15 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 16 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 17 Carrying a smartphone
- 18 Bad recommendation on Super shuttle Paris
- 19 Advice about a cycling holiday
- 20 Best Time to Purchase Flights
- 21 22 hours layover in London Heathrow
- 22 Groupon Getaways
- 23 Rain Boots
- 24 Travel Books for Kids?
- 25 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips