I'm going to Portugal this year. Like most of the rest of Europe, the smaller hotels (generally) don't have coffee makers in the rooms, and I don't really want to spend 15 euros at breakfast each day just to get my coffee. So I've decided to sacrifice some valuable packing space to bring along my own. My initial idea is to bring along a small hot pot (Rival makes one that weighs very little), and a Melitta cone. But I am aware that there are also travel coffee makers, and even little immersion units. I would appreciate some suggestions from those of you who own either of these gadgets, or even if you have a better idea!
making coffee in the room
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Help finding a beach resort w/ nightlife for a young couple!
- 2 Are these shoes too American looking?
- 3 Where to go over New Years?
- 4 my travel ignorance
- 5 Your favorite USA car rental company
- 6 Your Best Travel Tips
- 7 Northern Lights
- 8 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 9 Road trip along the east coast with tween & teen
- 10 First Trip To Japan and South Korea Solo!
- 11 Travel Insurance or not
- 12 Duffel size needed for 33lb limit
- 13 Economy PLus on United to China
- 14 Down or synthetic sleeping bag?
- 15 Light weight Luggage
- 16 3 weeks backpacking around Europe, how to call home?
- 17 Online Booking Agency- which one to use?
- 18 Teaching Abroad with Expiring Passport
- 19 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 20 Favorite airline and hotel booking sites
- 21 Seeking Family All-Inclusive Advice
- 22 Relaxing September Getaway: Scenic Destination with Outdoor Activities
- 23 transportation from Rome airport to Siena
- 24 Ideas for a family trip
- 25 Best Travel Vehicle for Family of 4