Hello forum! I read a topic on here from almost 4 years ago that a gentleman had posted about wanting to move his family to Florida. I read the responses and was happy to hear all the information however I am interested to hear how dynamics have changed since then! Here is what I am asking: My husband (who is a certified medical assistant), myself (stay at home mom, aspiring photographer) and our two kids, ages 3 and newborn are planning to make the move to Florida in the next 6 months. Of coarse having a stable job is the most important part of having a successful move but where do we look for this job? We would like to move to an area that has a lower crime rate, community growth and awareness, decent schools for our children when they are ready and if possible within 30 mins or closer to the beach. We currently live in KY and are looking for comparable cost of living area's and rate of pay. My husband and I were married in Daytona Beach about 4 years ago and have visited there on MANY occasions and although we agree we love Daytona we do not want to live a touristy city. We are also looking for a house to rent, or rent to own. I know this is a lot of information but I would like to hear the most accurate responses that I can get. We are a very fun loving family with plenty of energy so a "retirement" community is also not an option. Hopefully some will see this and have some wonderful suggestions. Thanks in advance for your time.
Making a major move
- 1 Single Senior Citizen travel
- 2 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 3 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 4 Italy, Greece and turkey holiday
- 5 Scottevest jacket product quality issues
- 6 Sardinia, Italy
- 7 Vacation Destination
- 8 Packing list - 6 months with carry-on only
- 9 traveling with fifteen year old grandson
- 10 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 11 train tickets for italy
- 12 iPad use on long flights
- 13 Shoe Trouble
- 14 Good article on shoes for travel
- 15 Rose Bowl Parade
- 16 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 17 Buying SNCF tickets
- 18 5 week opportunity to travel - any tips where?
- 19 Changes in Travel Insurance: deductible
- 20 How to avoid delays at US border?
- 21 meditation - yoga - retreates.
- 22 Home Exchanges
- 23 Comparison of Budget Booking Sites
- 24 Where to go in August?
- 25 Organic Farming vacations - WWOOF USA