Hoping you could help me out here. I'm looking to take a 7-10 day trip during Xmas/New Years. My last real vacation was Thailand a few years ago and I absolutely loved it! (the natural beauty, the Muay Thai training/fights, the culture, the rainforest, the trekking) I'm afraid everything else will fall short! Could you recommend some places that meet the following criteria please?
- tropical climate in December
- amazing beaches and natural wonders to explore
- not too far from US given length of travel (i.e. Central/South America, Carribbean, Pacific Islands)
- strong sense of culture/history/not commercialized*****
- adventure (love to hike/explore unchartered territories/not just your average water activities)
- not Grenada or Jamaica or Cancun (I've already been there)
- any thoughts on Costa Rica?
Thanks a million!!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Delectable Diwali Gifts Hampers
- 2 teenage/grandparent trip to Switzerland
- 3 Cross-Country trip advice
- 4 http://www.drhelpnutrition.org/pronabolin-reviews/
- 5 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 6 Working with an agency
- 7 Ideas please for January trip, family of 5, for about $3000
- 8 Trip to Greece
- 9 Managing Travel Photographs
- 10 Daypack Recommendation
- 11 How do you 'handle' your digital photos when on a trip
- 12 Wildlife photography courses
- 13 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 14 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 15 51st Birthday Trip
- 16 RV traveling in a fifth wheel out West
- 17 THe case for linen
- 18 JFK from manhattan on marathon sunday
- 19 MS Slendida
- 20 currency app
- 21 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 22 All purpose soap
- 23 Well Needed Getaway
- 24 Packing a stuffed animal.
- 25 How to get a Reliable coach hire company
Loved Thailand, Need Comparable Destination Suggestion Close to US