Hoping you could help me out here. I'm looking to take a 7-10 day trip during Xmas/New Years. My last real vacation was Thailand a few years ago and I absolutely loved it! (the natural beauty, the Muay Thai training/fights, the culture, the rainforest, the trekking) I'm afraid everything else will fall short! Could you recommend some places that meet the following criteria please?
- tropical climate in December
- amazing beaches and natural wonders to explore
- not too far from US given length of travel (i.e. Central/South America, Carribbean, Pacific Islands)
- strong sense of culture/history/not commercialized*****
- adventure (love to hike/explore unchartered territories/not just your average water activities)
- not Grenada or Jamaica or Cancun (I've already been there)
- any thoughts on Costa Rica?
Thanks a million!!
Loved Thailand, Need Comparable Destination Suggestion Close to US
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Baggage
- 2 Keeping yourself safe while abroad
- 3 Torn between Trips
- 4 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 5 40th birthday trip with my husband
- 6 Will pollution wreck my Beijing dreams ?
- 7 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 8 Money belts, neck wallets, etc.
- 9 Saying hello to all the disc golf playing travelers!
- 10 50th birthday in January destination
- 11 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 12 Banks that do not charge foreign ATM fees
- 13 Discounted luggage websites
- 14 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 15 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 16 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 17 Carrying a smartphone
- 18 Bad recommendation on Super shuttle Paris
- 19 Advice about a cycling holiday
- 20 Best Time to Purchase Flights
- 21 22 hours layover in London Heathrow
- 22 Groupon Getaways
- 23 Rain Boots
- 24 Travel Books for Kids?
- 25 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips