Hoping you could help me out here. I'm looking to take a 7-10 day trip during Xmas/New Years. My last real vacation was Thailand a few years ago and I absolutely loved it! (the natural beauty, the Muay Thai training/fights, the culture, the rainforest, the trekking) I'm afraid everything else will fall short! Could you recommend some places that meet the following criteria please?
- tropical climate in December
- amazing beaches and natural wonders to explore
- not too far from US given length of travel (i.e. Central/South America, Carribbean, Pacific Islands)
- strong sense of culture/history/not commercialized*****
- adventure (love to hike/explore unchartered territories/not just your average water activities)
- not Grenada or Jamaica or Cancun (I've already been there)
- any thoughts on Costa Rica?
Thanks a million!!
Loved Thailand, Need Comparable Destination Suggestion Close to US
- 1 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 2 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 3 europe In January
- 4 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 5 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 6 Where to go on Christmas?
- 7 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 8 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 9 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 10 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 11 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 12 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 13 Holiday Travel Plans
- 14 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 15 Purchasing a flight with someone else's frequent flyer points
- 16 Which Hotel is near to Northern arizona university, Flagstaff
- 17 Help with honeymoon destination
- 18 places to stop and stretch.
- 19 Travel with or without kids ?
- 20 7 days European trip with kids- suggestions needed
- 21 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 22 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 23 Where to Stay in solomon island ?
- 24 Your Best Travel Tips
- 25 Single Senior Citizen travel