Hoping you could help me out here. I'm looking to take a 7-10 day trip during Xmas/New Years. My last real vacation was Thailand a few years ago and I absolutely loved it! (the natural beauty, the Muay Thai training/fights, the culture, the rainforest, the trekking) I'm afraid everything else will fall short! Could you recommend some places that meet the following criteria please?
- tropical climate in December
- amazing beaches and natural wonders to explore
- not too far from US given length of travel (i.e. Central/South America, Carribbean, Pacific Islands)
- strong sense of culture/history/not commercialized*****
- adventure (love to hike/explore unchartered territories/not just your average water activities)
- not Grenada or Jamaica or Cancun (I've already been there)
- any thoughts on Costa Rica?
Thanks a million!!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 4 week travel with teens
- 2 What to do on long flights?
- 3 Beware of HolidayCars.com
- 4 One month free to travel in February
- 5 Packing for Safari in Kenya
- 6 Honeymoon Destination
- 7 How to find the best adventure tour
- 8 If UK visit visa works for Europe too!
- 9 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 10 How do you like my plan for a gap year?
- 11 Destination suggestion, departing from Vegas and returning to Detroit
- 12 How to travel with only carry on...with a baby
- 13 Feb - a week get away for 2 couples
- 14 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 15 Need Amalfi planning help
- 16 Where to go...April of 2018
- 17 Cautionary tale about ATM use
- 18 Why Access to Services at Home should not affect your next trip
- 19 California Zepher
- 20 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 21 Babymoon w/ toddler Fall Ideas (Zika)
- 22 6 day 5 night Honeymoon from US
- 23 Honeymoon ideas STAT
- 24 Looking for travel filmmakers to collaborate and travel together!
- 25 Airport robbery
Loved Thailand, Need Comparable Destination Suggestion Close to US