Hoping you could help me out here. I'm looking to take a 7-10 day trip during Xmas/New Years. My last real vacation was Thailand a few years ago and I absolutely loved it! (the natural beauty, the Muay Thai training/fights, the culture, the rainforest, the trekking) I'm afraid everything else will fall short! Could you recommend some places that meet the following criteria please?
- tropical climate in December
- amazing beaches and natural wonders to explore
- not too far from US given length of travel (i.e. Central/South America, Carribbean, Pacific Islands)
- strong sense of culture/history/not commercialized*****
- adventure (love to hike/explore unchartered territories/not just your average water activities)
- not Grenada or Jamaica or Cancun (I've already been there)
- any thoughts on Costa Rica?
Thanks a million!!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Purchase original registered visa,passport
- 2 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 3 Travelling Solo - Yay or Nay?
- 4 meditation - yoga - retreates.
- 5 thrifty - bad experience
- 6 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 7 Home security while traveling
- 8 Your help needed! survey: decision-making within branded airlines
- 9 What to pack for that trip
- 10 Travel tips
- 11 Hawaii or Europe for Babymoon
- 12 Booking.com and a scam. Beware
- 13 Honeymoon Ideas for February 2016
- 14 Thanksgiving Travel Ideas: 8 adults & 7 kids
- 15 Any restaurant in London to enjoy a meal watching a cabaret singing show?
- 16 Passport picture cost
- 17 Passport damage?
- 18 Travel from Turin, IT to Lucerne, SW
- 19 World trip
- 20 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam
- 21 Puerto Rico, Punta Cana or Cuba??
- 22 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 23 Passport expiration
- 24 Girls Trip Ideas
- 25 Tahoe for one week--flying in/out sacramento
Loved Thailand, Need Comparable Destination Suggestion Close to US