Hoping you could help me out here. I'm looking to take a 7-10 day trip during Xmas/New Years. My last real vacation was Thailand a few years ago and I absolutely loved it! (the natural beauty, the Muay Thai training/fights, the culture, the rainforest, the trekking) I'm afraid everything else will fall short! Could you recommend some places that meet the following criteria please?
- tropical climate in December
- amazing beaches and natural wonders to explore
- not too far from US given length of travel (i.e. Central/South America, Carribbean, Pacific Islands)
- strong sense of culture/history/not commercialized*****
- adventure (love to hike/explore unchartered territories/not just your average water activities)
- not Grenada or Jamaica or Cancun (I've already been there)
- any thoughts on Costa Rica?
Thanks a million!!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Muscle XTX Always listen closely to the advice
- 2 http://www.drhelpnutrition.org/replenacell-reviews/
- 3 using packing cubes, folders etc.
- 4 Advice for traveling with leg/hip pain
- 5 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 6 Getting my child from Stanford
- 7 Ideal Trip!
- 8 [ENGLAND] Which places to visit (london districts + city nearby)
- 9 Pa to New England States
- 10 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 11 Do you get your expired passport back?
- 12 Is there a trick to booking a "comfort" seat?
- 13 cape cod
- 14 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 15 Is there a way get a specific model of car to rent?
- 16 Lipault luggage durability
- 17 Credit card protection
- 18 Retrieving Voice Mail abroad - Help me
- 19 Husband's 40th Birthday
- 20 Honeymoon in Bali
- 21 Mid September, Canadian Rockies, Portugal, Slovenia, Other?!
- 22 Family trip to the mountains in Fall
- 23 Two weeks exploring from Salzburg
- 24 Summer destination for couples HELP!
- 25 CPAP Distilled Water for Cruise in Hungary
Loved Thailand, Need Comparable Destination Suggestion Close to US