Hoping you could help me out here. I'm looking to take a 7-10 day trip during Xmas/New Years. My last real vacation was Thailand a few years ago and I absolutely loved it! (the natural beauty, the Muay Thai training/fights, the culture, the rainforest, the trekking) I'm afraid everything else will fall short! Could you recommend some places that meet the following criteria please?
- tropical climate in December
- amazing beaches and natural wonders to explore
- not too far from US given length of travel (i.e. Central/South America, Carribbean, Pacific Islands)
- strong sense of culture/history/not commercialized*****
- adventure (love to hike/explore unchartered territories/not just your average water activities)
- not Grenada or Jamaica or Cancun (I've already been there)
- any thoughts on Costa Rica?
Thanks a million!!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 2 How realistic traveling without money actually is?
- 3 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 4 Italy and Santorini Greece
- 5 travel mate wanted
- 6 What to do on long flights?
- 7 Question about USD Value in Other Countrues
- 8 Packing Cubes
- 9 Roadtrip/Vacation Advice Needed
- 10 Vacation for two
- 11 What itinerary should I pick for Europe ?
- 12 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 13 Luggage Set - hardshell or softshell?
- 14 Eastern Europe ~ Help Please!
- 15 Some tips when using Air BnB
- 16 Packing must haves for the summer?
- 17 [ GEAR HELP ] -- what is the most effective WHITE sun hat
- 18 Female Traveling Solo to Moscow and St.petersburg
- 19 Mobile Apps for Travel
- 20 Motorcycle trip
- 21 Suggestions for family w/teenagers trip out West - never been there!
- 22 Travel to North carolina from NJ
- 23 Transportation between Granada, Nicaragua and Ometepe, Nicaragua
- 24 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 25 Boston to Bermuda Cruise in June
Loved Thailand, Need Comparable Destination Suggestion Close to US