Hoping you could help me out here. I'm looking to take a 7-10 day trip during Xmas/New Years. My last real vacation was Thailand a few years ago and I absolutely loved it! (the natural beauty, the Muay Thai training/fights, the culture, the rainforest, the trekking) I'm afraid everything else will fall short! Could you recommend some places that meet the following criteria please?
- tropical climate in December
- amazing beaches and natural wonders to explore
- not too far from US given length of travel (i.e. Central/South America, Carribbean, Pacific Islands)
- strong sense of culture/history/not commercialized*****
- adventure (love to hike/explore unchartered territories/not just your average water activities)
- not Grenada or Jamaica or Cancun (I've already been there)
- any thoughts on Costa Rica?
Thanks a million!!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 shopping for a digital camera
- 2 7 hour layover in Paris CDG
- 3 Southeast romantic destinations
- 4 destination help
- 5 Las Vegas to Kingston, NY max- 8/9 days
- 6 teenage/grandparent trip to Switzerland
- 7 How to Avoid Pickpockets in Paris
- 8 travelling with infant
- 9 What to do with mail when traveling
- 10 Prague & Croatia
- 11 Travelling in $2000 from Pakistan
- 12 a tablet for travelling...which one ?
- 13 Norway in November
- 14 3 kids under 5 - where to go from Cali
- 15 No bag policy at Pearl Harbor
- 16 Road Trip with kids LosAngeles to Nashville
- 17 Around the World - 6 months, more land and less planes
- 18 Time for Terminal 4 to 5
- 19 Schengen visa
- 20 Beach honeymoon in mid-September?
- 21 Do you use Yelp or Foursquare when traveling abroad?
- 22 Daypack Recommendation
- 23 Good backpack (lcabin luggage + daytrips)
- 24 greece to germany. doable?
- 25 Honeymoon in August. Beach. Where?
Loved Thailand, Need Comparable Destination Suggestion Close to US