Hoping you could help me out here. I'm looking to take a 7-10 day trip during Xmas/New Years. My last real vacation was Thailand a few years ago and I absolutely loved it! (the natural beauty, the Muay Thai training/fights, the culture, the rainforest, the trekking) I'm afraid everything else will fall short! Could you recommend some places that meet the following criteria please?
- tropical climate in December
- amazing beaches and natural wonders to explore
- not too far from US given length of travel (i.e. Central/South America, Carribbean, Pacific Islands)
- strong sense of culture/history/not commercialized*****
- adventure (love to hike/explore unchartered territories/not just your average water activities)
- not Grenada or Jamaica or Cancun (I've already been there)
- any thoughts on Costa Rica?
Thanks a million!!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 http://luxmuscle.com/alpha-force-testo-ca/
- 2 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 3 Early trip planning
- 4 Something different for family of 6
- 5 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 6 Amtrak's AutoTrain - yes or no?
- 7 Best site for last minute travel packages?
- 8 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 9 Europe or Asia??? Best Honeymoon destination in February
- 10 Help for my wife's 40th with her best friends
- 11 Where oh where are we going to go?
- 12 Late December, early January travel
- 13 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 14 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 15 Nice, France
- 16 Finding deals based on departure location
- 17 Travel Tips in the Philippines
- 18 St croix or Cancun HELP!
- 19 Turkey - Best Route and Mode of Travel
- 20 First time travel to Italy
- 21 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 22 Around the World - 28 Days!
- 23 THe case for linen
- 24 Wildlife photography courses
- 25 Internet Banking Travel Payments
Loved Thailand, Need Comparable Destination Suggestion Close to US