Hoping you could help me out here. I'm looking to take a 7-10 day trip during Xmas/New Years. My last real vacation was Thailand a few years ago and I absolutely loved it! (the natural beauty, the Muay Thai training/fights, the culture, the rainforest, the trekking) I'm afraid everything else will fall short! Could you recommend some places that meet the following criteria please?
- tropical climate in December
- amazing beaches and natural wonders to explore
- not too far from US given length of travel (i.e. Central/South America, Carribbean, Pacific Islands)
- strong sense of culture/history/not commercialized*****
- adventure (love to hike/explore unchartered territories/not just your average water activities)
- not Grenada or Jamaica or Cancun (I've already been there)
- any thoughts on Costa Rica?
Thanks a million!!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 온라인배팅사이트 ▣§▣ LET-CC.COM 추:gobet
- 2 Booking.com and scam
- 3 Booking.com and scam
- 4 Booking.com and a scam. Beware
- 5 Driving holiday
- 6 Girls Trip Ideas
- 7 Sunday Fundayz
- 8 Do liquids HAVE to be in a quart size baggie?
- 9 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 10 Travel buddy for Asia or Central/South America trip
- 11 Does the USB car charger (UK edition ) suffice for my car travel ?
- 12 Searching for co-travelers!
- 13 Apps for Solo Travellers?
- 14 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 15 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 16 Family trip Europe
- 17 Is a month and a half backpack trip around Europe worth leaving a job for?
- 18 Home security while traveling
- 19 More on Phony Reviews
- 20 Advice for a newbie
- 21 Pros & cons of "travel" vests
- 22 Spontaneous solo backpacking trip
- 23 Italy or Napa Valley? Mother daughter duo
- 24 What do you use to save money on travel?
- 25 Ideas February trip
Loved Thailand, Need Comparable Destination Suggestion Close to US