I am in my early thirties from western new york and I am looking to do some serious long term travel. I will be traveling with my companion. We have already started the planning process including saving and selling small possessions. We are also looking to rent out our house when the time comes. We are giving ourselves a year to a year and a half to accomplish everything necessary. We would like to travel long term, spending anywhere from 3 to 6 months in any place( or longer if fit). We plan on working small jobs in each place and really immersing ourselves in the unique cultures of each destination. We have a couple places in mind to kick off our travels and would greatly appreciate any advice or tips on our travels. We would like to ease into this, so our first thoughts are Australia. Overall we would like to live places that are not big cities... with comfortable, relaxed atmospheres, like beach and island areas. Other destinations ideas include Bali, Fiji, maybe some Central and South American coasts. Also, we are very interested in then heading to Europe ( Greece, Spain, Italy). If anyone has any thought on where to start, the hows and wheres, that would be great. Thank you!
long term travel.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Are these shoes too American looking?
- 2 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 3 Where to go over New Years?
- 4 Most Exotic and Adventurous Trip Possible
- 5 Honeymoon
- 6 Help finding a beach resort w/ nightlife for a young couple!
- 7 my travel ignorance
- 8 Your favorite USA car rental company
- 9 Your Best Travel Tips
- 10 Northern Lights
- 11 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 12 Road trip along the east coast with tween & teen
- 13 First Trip To Japan and South Korea Solo!
- 14 Travel Insurance or not
- 15 Duffel size needed for 33lb limit
- 16 Economy PLus on United to China
- 17 Down or synthetic sleeping bag?
- 18 Light weight Luggage
- 19 3 weeks backpacking around Europe, how to call home?
- 20 Online Booking Agency- which one to use?
- 21 Teaching Abroad with Expiring Passport
- 22 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 23 Favorite airline and hotel booking sites
- 24 Seeking Family All-Inclusive Advice
- 25 Relaxing September Getaway: Scenic Destination with Outdoor Activities