I am in my early thirties from western new york and I am looking to do some serious long term travel. I will be traveling with my companion. We have already started the planning process including saving and selling small possessions. We are also looking to rent out our house when the time comes. We are giving ourselves a year to a year and a half to accomplish everything necessary. We would like to travel long term, spending anywhere from 3 to 6 months in any place( or longer if fit). We plan on working small jobs in each place and really immersing ourselves in the unique cultures of each destination. We have a couple places in mind to kick off our travels and would greatly appreciate any advice or tips on our travels. We would like to ease into this, so our first thoughts are Australia. Overall we would like to live places that are not big cities... with comfortable, relaxed atmospheres, like beach and island areas. Other destinations ideas include Bali, Fiji, maybe some Central and South American coasts. Also, we are very interested in then heading to Europe ( Greece, Spain, Italy). If anyone has any thought on where to start, the hows and wheres, that would be great. Thank you!
long term travel.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Light weight Luggage
- 2 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 3 Carry-on Luggage
- 4 RDIF Security Bags/Wallets
- 5 Help? Where to go with an 18 year old boy?
- 6 Traveling with a smartphone
- 7 Which place would you like to travel ?
- 8 Transferring on an international flight
- 9 Need Help: Winter US/Carrib Vacation Ideas
- 10 Accessing online banking while in Europe
- 11 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 12 AutoSlash and Hotel Tonight - Your Reviews
- 13 Thanksgiving week trip
- 14 Is there a company or website that compares SIM cards?
- 15 Around the World Ticket/Trips
- 16 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 17 Thrifty OHare parking
- 18 Saving money travelling the world
- 19 Family Holiday in Turkey-with three kids aged 12,10 & 7
- 20 Hitchhiking robot - way cool!
- 21 Anyone Tried US CBP's Mobile Passport Program at ATL?
- 22 Discounted luggage websites
- 23 First Time Going to Europe - Ideas?
- 24 New York, Vegas or the Carribean
- 25 Buddies Turning 40 - Where to Go?