I am in my early thirties from western new york and I am looking to do some serious long term travel. I will be traveling with my companion. We have already started the planning process including saving and selling small possessions. We are also looking to rent out our house when the time comes. We are giving ourselves a year to a year and a half to accomplish everything necessary. We would like to travel long term, spending anywhere from 3 to 6 months in any place( or longer if fit). We plan on working small jobs in each place and really immersing ourselves in the unique cultures of each destination. We have a couple places in mind to kick off our travels and would greatly appreciate any advice or tips on our travels. We would like to ease into this, so our first thoughts are Australia. Overall we would like to live places that are not big cities... with comfortable, relaxed atmospheres, like beach and island areas. Other destinations ideas include Bali, Fiji, maybe some Central and South American coasts. Also, we are very interested in then heading to Europe ( Greece, Spain, Italy). If anyone has any thought on where to start, the hows and wheres, that would be great. Thank you!
long term travel.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Where to holiday in April? All Inclusive Getaway with guaranteed sunshine!?
- 2 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 3 Finding a House Sitter.
- 4 Road Scholar
- 5 First Solo Trip -- Mid 20's Female --Where to go???
- 6 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 7 Economy Class Seat: Bulkhead Row? (Boeing 777)
- 8 Driving from New York to South Florida and staying over 1 night
- 9 Checklist: What to Do Before You Go
- 10 Your Best Travel Tips
- 11 Useful travel apps
- 12 I need people to do a road trip to USA
- 13 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 14 Base city in England
- 15 Suggestions please
- 16 Credit Card FF Program Retention/Waive Fee
- 17 What's your experience with groupon.com?
- 18 vow renewal
- 19 what size suitcase holds 40 pounds?
- 20 Spain and Morocco in 2 weeks
- 21 Solo Woman traveller ! Yes you TOO can make it.
- 22 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 23 Travel Agent: what to do if their cost is more than your research?
- 24 Do you know Torquay hotel in UK
- 25 Where to go for "Once in a lifetime vacation"?