I have enjoyed the extensive discussion re: lightweight luggage -- focusing on carry-ons. I am interested, however, in hearing ideas about sturdy but lightweight packing solutions for large loads. I live in rural Africa and travel to the US every 18 months or so. Heading back to Africa, I take two 50-pound suitcases, filled to the brim with medical supplies, shoes, books, etc: all kind of items not available where we live. I want to use as much of my weight allowance as possible for stuff, rather than luggage. But I also need something durable, as these are rough trips. Wouldn't even necessarily have to be suitcases -- some other type of durable container could work, as long as I'm able to move it. Any ideas? I've heard a recommendation for a luggage line made by Tutto. Any experiences with it? Thanks in advance for your help.
LARGE lightweight luggage
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 2 Help finding a lifestyle resort
- 3 how to add my photo to my passport renewal application?
- 4 Hawaii or Rio for solo single male travel
- 5 Travel SIMs
- 6 An Introduction to new member
- 7 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam
- 8 Travelling in June
- 9 Travel with 13 yr old nephew - need help on where please!
- 10 Friends Seeking Advice
- 11 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 12 Anyone have suggestion for best tablet to use when traveling? under $300
- 13 25th wedding anniv travel
- 14 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 15 Best places to start...
- 16 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 17 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 18 two months away and mold problems.
- 19 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 20 French gastronomy
- 21 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 22 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 23 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 24 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!
- 25 What's stopping you from traveling more?