Okay, after months of research, I found an AFFORDABLE language school near Paris that offers room, full board, tuition, free internet, laundry services, and excursions for a VERY affordable price. TV, books, language lab, etc... Rambouillet.com has the info., including all prices. Flexible program. The director responds to emails within 24 hours. Nice, honest people running the establishment, great and caring professors, decent food, good classes, nice variety of accommodations, very AFFORDABLE. Accommodations on campus very dormlike. Studios available near campus. The town is a little boring but safe and close to Paris. The school is near the train station. I went for 2 weeks and am going back for 3 months. Not too many Americans, lots of Koreans. Good place to practice French with other students. Lots of young people (summer)but people of all ages. I'm 39 and was very comfortable. One man was about 70 and 3 others were about my age. I've heard Institut de Francais in Villefranche is amazing but it's double the price of this school. The school in Rambouillet is more flexible and even offers refunds for cancellations for any reason. They really want the students to enjoy their experience. I like the upfront, honest, no nonsense approach on the website. Nothing hidden. It is exactly what they say. I was shocked to not find any comments about this school whatsoever on the internet, it seems to be a hidden treasure. They had about 50-60 students there in July but off season there are about 30.
Language school in France
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 2 Honeymoon
- 3 Help finding a beach resort w/ nightlife for a young couple!
- 4 Are these shoes too American looking?
- 5 Where to go over New Years?
- 6 my travel ignorance
- 7 Your favorite USA car rental company
- 8 Your Best Travel Tips
- 9 Northern Lights
- 10 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 11 Road trip along the east coast with tween & teen
- 12 First Trip To Japan and South Korea Solo!
- 13 Travel Insurance or not
- 14 Duffel size needed for 33lb limit
- 15 Economy PLus on United to China
- 16 Down or synthetic sleeping bag?
- 17 Light weight Luggage
- 18 3 weeks backpacking around Europe, how to call home?
- 19 Online Booking Agency- which one to use?
- 20 Teaching Abroad with Expiring Passport
- 21 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 22 Favorite airline and hotel booking sites
- 23 Seeking Family All-Inclusive Advice
- 24 Relaxing September Getaway: Scenic Destination with Outdoor Activities
- 25 transportation from Rome airport to Siena