Okay, after months of research, I found an AFFORDABLE language school near Paris that offers room, full board, tuition, free internet, laundry services, and excursions for a VERY affordable price. TV, books, language lab, etc... Rambouillet.com has the info., including all prices. Flexible program. The director responds to emails within 24 hours. Nice, honest people running the establishment, great and caring professors, decent food, good classes, nice variety of accommodations, very AFFORDABLE. Accommodations on campus very dormlike. Studios available near campus. The town is a little boring but safe and close to Paris. The school is near the train station. I went for 2 weeks and am going back for 3 months. Not too many Americans, lots of Koreans. Good place to practice French with other students. Lots of young people (summer)but people of all ages. I'm 39 and was very comfortable. One man was about 70 and 3 others were about my age. I've heard Institut de Francais in Villefranche is amazing but it's double the price of this school. The school in Rambouillet is more flexible and even offers refunds for cancellations for any reason. They really want the students to enjoy their experience. I like the upfront, honest, no nonsense approach on the website. Nothing hidden. It is exactly what they say. I was shocked to not find any comments about this school whatsoever on the internet, it seems to be a hidden treasure. They had about 50-60 students there in July but off season there are about 30.
Language school in France
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 New Video of Women´s travel: Kite Sisters Trips 2014
- 2 Honeymoon on a budget leaving Perth, Australia
- 3 Beach trip...florida or caribbean island in mid march
- 4 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 5 Ideas for mid winter solo trip someplace warm or cold, but fun!!
- 6 finding last minute packages
- 7 trip ideas in May...
- 8 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 9 Package to Paris, Flight Not Included. 2 Travel Insurance Policies Needed?
- 10 Scotland
- 11 Car Rentals are expensive!
- 12 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 13 Moving from DC to Texas
- 14 Japan vs. California vs. Hawaii
- 15 First solo travel adventure! Please help!
- 16 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 17 Your favorite, toddler-friendly international destination???
- 18 Travel Tote to attach to rolling bag
- 19 First Solo Trip in my 20s
- 20 Travel Resolutions: Do You Have Any For 2015?
- 21 Best ways to get around when you can't rent a car?
- 22 Which luggage scales?
- 23 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 24 3week honeymoon in Europe- Spain-France-Italy
- 25 Train or City Hopping? Your thoughts?