Okay, after months of research, I found an AFFORDABLE language school near Paris that offers room, full board, tuition, free internet, laundry services, and excursions for a VERY affordable price. TV, books, language lab, etc... Rambouillet.com has the info., including all prices. Flexible program. The director responds to emails within 24 hours. Nice, honest people running the establishment, great and caring professors, decent food, good classes, nice variety of accommodations, very AFFORDABLE. Accommodations on campus very dormlike. Studios available near campus. The town is a little boring but safe and close to Paris. The school is near the train station. I went for 2 weeks and am going back for 3 months. Not too many Americans, lots of Koreans. Good place to practice French with other students. Lots of young people (summer)but people of all ages. I'm 39 and was very comfortable. One man was about 70 and 3 others were about my age. I've heard Institut de Francais in Villefranche is amazing but it's double the price of this school. The school in Rambouillet is more flexible and even offers refunds for cancellations for any reason. They really want the students to enjoy their experience. I like the upfront, honest, no nonsense approach on the website. Nothing hidden. It is exactly what they say. I was shocked to not find any comments about this school whatsoever on the internet, it seems to be a hidden treasure. They had about 50-60 students there in July but off season there are about 30.
Language school in France
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 VPN and proxy server recommendations
- 2 Baggage Limits
- 3 Tom Harper River Cruise Company?
- 4 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 5 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 6 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 7 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 8 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 9 Where is it that's warm, dry and intellectual?
- 10 30th Birthday Trip Ideas!
- 11 About EHIC card?
- 12 London, Amsterdam, Munich, and Barcelona in 17 days?
- 13 Packing Bottles of Gin in Checked Luggage
- 14 Best adventure/trek holiday ideas
- 15 quiet getaways for older women
- 16 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 17 Torn between Trips
- 18 Ohhhh where to go next!
- 19 Groupon Getaways
- 20 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 21 Will pollution wreck my Beijing dreams ?
- 22 Road Trip from Boston to North Carolina
- 23 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 24 Carrying a smartphone
- 25 Health insurance for one month visit to USA