Help!! So many questions.
My mother, myself and sister are travelling in Sept or Oct 2009 to Italy. Any preference?
1) Should we fly into Florence and start our trip there or fly into Rome and take a train directly to Florence and tour Rome at the end of our trip? Which is cheaper, I heard flying directly into Florence could be more costly vs. into Rome then train to Florence.
2) - Stay in Florence for 3 nights to visit Lucca, Lisa, Siena and Assisi or none, some or all. (3) nights too long? From there train to Naples for (2)nights to visit Sorrento, Pompeii, maybe Capri then train to Rome for last days/nights and fly out of Rome back home.
3) 10 day tour, is that enough? Oh, what about Venice, should we forget Naples and go to Venice?
4) We are 69, 50 and 44. Want the "must sees" Tower of Pisa, Colosseum, St. Peter's, Spanish Steps, gardens/little towns, people watching, wine, food, shopping, etc. We only thought of Venice for the Gondola ride as seen in the movies.
5) Any flea markets - love, love, love flea markets...small quaint towns with little shops?
Read about Piazza dei Coimpi and Piazza delle Pulci flea markets? Worth going to?
Mercato Delle Cascine or Porcellino?
6) Also want a wine tour... in Florence? Any recommendations or are they all over, just book when we get there.
7) We are NOT going to attempt renting a car so this would all be via walk, train, ferry and bus.
I know a lot to ask...help if you can. Getting confused on how to get from A to B back to A????
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Help planning long road trip.
- 2 Packing advice for fall trip to Europe
- 3 Trip Ideas for Adventure / Tropical Thanksgiving Holiday
- 4 Advice for traveling with leg/hip pain
- 5 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 6 Getting my child from Stanford
- 7 Ideal Trip!
- 8 [ENGLAND] Which places to visit (london districts + city nearby)
- 9 Pa to New England States
- 10 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 11 Do you get your expired passport back?
- 12 Is there a trick to booking a "comfort" seat?
- 13 cape cod
- 14 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 15 Is there a way get a specific model of car to rent?
- 16 Lipault luggage durability
- 17 Credit card protection
- 18 Retrieving Voice Mail abroad - Help me
- 19 Husband's 40th Birthday
- 20 Honeymoon in Bali
- 21 Mid September, Canadian Rockies, Portugal, Slovenia, Other?!
- 22 Family trip to the mountains in Fall
- 23 Two weeks exploring from Salzburg
- 24 Summer destination for couples HELP!
- 25 CPAP Distilled Water for Cruise in Hungary
Italy - Rome, Florence and Naples or Rome, Florence and Venice ??
Help!! So many questions.