I have traveled with companies like Martin Randall, Andante Travel, & ACE, to Italy and Croatia, benefiting from their lecturers who are academics with expertise in art history or archaeology. This has enhanced my travel experience greatly and I’d love to find someone who could provide something similar for an afternoon or two to me and my husband on future travels in Italy (say in Florence, Rome, Venice, Ravenna, Verona, etc). Paris has something like this with Paris Muse (http://www.parismuse.com/) and at Chartres Cathedral, a gentleman who has published guides to the Cathedral and made a life’s work of studying it offers tours (http://www.artagogo.com/commentary/miller/miller.htm).
Does anyone know of an individual or individuals with academic expertise (as opposed to licensed local guides) who might be willing to act as a guide for museums or other sites of local interest in Venice, Florence, Ravenna, Verona, or any other places of special interest to art and history? If not, do you have any ideas on how to learn of such individuals? Thanks very much. Carol
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Self service laundry naples
- 2 The Internet is all abuzz about by NexGen
- 3 Road trip from D.C. to Maine
- 4 Trip to eurpoe and sweden
- 5 Is there a trick to booking a "comfort" seat?
- 6 Use of ATM cards in foreign country?
- 7 My Trip to Spain
- 8 5 Best travel apps? (open)
- 9 Senior lady travels solo
- 10 Destination Help (w/ specifics)
- 11 Ideas for 1 week trip
- 12 travel insurance
- 13 Any must-have item for travelling?
- 14 Ideas for Ladies Beach Destination October
- 15 2nd career ideas for travelers
- 16 Backpacking in Europe
- 17 Travelocity problems
- 18 need to Plan summer holidays
- 19 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 20 Sharing/organizing group travel photos
- 21 Active locals, beaches, jungle, limited industrialism - Can I have it all?
- 22 Food Delicacies of spain
- 23 Help planning a family trip to the Grand Canyon this summer!
- 24 Too old maybe?
- 25 July 2016 Honeymoon Destination...Too many options!