I have traveled with companies like Martin Randall, Andante Travel, & ACE, to Italy and Croatia, benefiting from their lecturers who are academics with expertise in art history or archaeology. This has enhanced my travel experience greatly and I’d love to find someone who could provide something similar for an afternoon or two to me and my husband on future travels in Italy (say in Florence, Rome, Venice, Ravenna, Verona, etc). Paris has something like this with Paris Muse (http://www.parismuse.com/) and at Chartres Cathedral, a gentleman who has published guides to the Cathedral and made a life’s work of studying it offers tours (http://www.artagogo.com/commentary/miller/miller.htm).
Does anyone know of an individual or individuals with academic expertise (as opposed to licensed local guides) who might be willing to act as a guide for museums or other sites of local interest in Venice, Florence, Ravenna, Verona, or any other places of special interest to art and history? If not, do you have any ideas on how to learn of such individuals? Thanks very much. Carol
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Tuskers | Tuskers Resort | Tuskers Resort Jim Corbett
- 2 Luxury Resorts in Jim Corbett | Best Resort in Jim Corbett
- 3 Too old maybe?
- 4 Visit to Northern California
- 5 Footing the bill for a family trip
- 6 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 7 Looking for suggestions for taking photos.
- 8 Anybody tells me about best destination in the Hawai?
- 9 Packing List for School Trip to Italy (Feedback please?)
- 10 Traveling to Niagara Falls-HELP ME!
- 11 What is the best time travel during your life?
- 12 Autism/Disability Travel
- 13 Travel idea for a 1 year old
- 14 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 15 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 16 Traveling with Kids - Suggestions for Planner/Scrapbook to BRING on Trip
- 17 3-4 day weekend getaway for group
- 18 Looking for suggestions for summer vacay
- 19 Pedometer for Kids
- 20 Road trip from San Diego to Atlanta
- 21 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 22 Won a trip to anywhere in the world + hotel... where should I go!?
- 23 Honeymoon help Seattle to San Diago
- 24 1 week mother-son trip in August. Where?
- 25 Nova Scotia and PEI