I have traveled with companies like Martin Randall, Andante Travel, & ACE, to Italy and Croatia, benefiting from their lecturers who are academics with expertise in art history or archaeology. This has enhanced my travel experience greatly and I’d love to find someone who could provide something similar for an afternoon or two to me and my husband on future travels in Italy (say in Florence, Rome, Venice, Ravenna, Verona, etc). Paris has something like this with Paris Muse (http://www.parismuse.com/) and at Chartres Cathedral, a gentleman who has published guides to the Cathedral and made a life’s work of studying it offers tours (http://www.artagogo.com/commentary/miller/miller.htm).
Does anyone know of an individual or individuals with academic expertise (as opposed to licensed local guides) who might be willing to act as a guide for museums or other sites of local interest in Venice, Florence, Ravenna, Verona, or any other places of special interest to art and history? If not, do you have any ideas on how to learn of such individuals? Thanks very much. Carol
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 VERIZON @password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tech c*Are
- 2 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 3 How realistic traveling without money actually is?
- 4 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 5 Italy and Santorini Greece
- 6 travel mate wanted
- 7 What to do on long flights?
- 8 Question about USD Value in Other Countrues
- 9 Packing Cubes
- 10 Roadtrip/Vacation Advice Needed
- 11 Vacation for two
- 12 What itinerary should I pick for Europe ?
- 13 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 14 Luggage Set - hardshell or softshell?
- 15 Eastern Europe ~ Help Please!
- 16 Some tips when using Air BnB
- 17 Packing must haves for the summer?
- 18 [ GEAR HELP ] -- what is the most effective WHITE sun hat
- 19 Female Traveling Solo to Moscow and St.petersburg
- 20 Mobile Apps for Travel
- 21 Motorcycle trip
- 22 Suggestions for family w/teenagers trip out West - never been there!
- 23 Travel to North carolina from NJ
- 24 Transportation between Granada, Nicaragua and Ometepe, Nicaragua
- 25 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips