I have traveled with companies like Martin Randall, Andante Travel, & ACE, to Italy and Croatia, benefiting from their lecturers who are academics with expertise in art history or archaeology. This has enhanced my travel experience greatly and I’d love to find someone who could provide something similar for an afternoon or two to me and my husband on future travels in Italy (say in Florence, Rome, Venice, Ravenna, Verona, etc). Paris has something like this with Paris Muse (http://www.parismuse.com/) and at Chartres Cathedral, a gentleman who has published guides to the Cathedral and made a life’s work of studying it offers tours (http://www.artagogo.com/commentary/miller/miller.htm).
Does anyone know of an individual or individuals with academic expertise (as opposed to licensed local guides) who might be willing to act as a guide for museums or other sites of local interest in Venice, Florence, Ravenna, Verona, or any other places of special interest to art and history? If not, do you have any ideas on how to learn of such individuals? Thanks very much. Carol
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 USA Support Yahoo MAi* Tech** Sup** Acc TrialNumber 1800-540**6830 Recove
- 2 to travel or settle down?
- 3 To drive or fly on an unplanned trip?
- 4 Which type of car ?
- 5 Great Saint Bernard Pass / Lake Geneva / Northern Italy
- 6 garment travel organizer
- 7 Traveling Solo with 9 month old
- 8 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 9 Newbie Using Whats App
- 10 replace my Nikon d90 by rx100 ?
- 11 Some tips when using Air BnB
- 12 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 13 Cape Town Ideas
- 14 Best Hostels
- 15 European chargers, Garmins & phones
- 16 best travel app (android or Apple)
- 17 Road Trip For Two
- 18 Estes Park to Lexington, KY
- 19 Copper Canyon
- 20 Travel through Expedia
- 21 Autoeurope car location...questions !
- 22 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 23 Round the World
- 24 Misleading third party websites
- 25 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?