I have traveled with companies like Martin Randall, Andante Travel, & ACE, to Italy and Croatia, benefiting from their lecturers who are academics with expertise in art history or archaeology. This has enhanced my travel experience greatly and I’d love to find someone who could provide something similar for an afternoon or two to me and my husband on future travels in Italy (say in Florence, Rome, Venice, Ravenna, Verona, etc). Paris has something like this with Paris Muse (http://www.parismuse.com/) and at Chartres Cathedral, a gentleman who has published guides to the Cathedral and made a life’s work of studying it offers tours (http://www.artagogo.com/commentary/miller/miller.htm).
Does anyone know of an individual or individuals with academic expertise (as opposed to licensed local guides) who might be willing to act as a guide for museums or other sites of local interest in Venice, Florence, Ravenna, Verona, or any other places of special interest to art and history? If not, do you have any ideas on how to learn of such individuals? Thanks very much. Carol
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Packing advice for fall trip to Europe
- 2 Renting International Cars from USA
- 3 Checked through luggage - 2 separate bookings?
- 4 Help planning long road trip.
- 5 Daughter's Tour to korea
- 6 Trip Ideas for Adventure / Tropical Thanksgiving Holiday
- 7 Advice for traveling with leg/hip pain
- 8 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 9 Getting my child from Stanford
- 10 Ideal Trip!
- 11 [ENGLAND] Which places to visit (london districts + city nearby)
- 12 Pa to New England States
- 13 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 14 Do you get your expired passport back?
- 15 Is there a trick to booking a "comfort" seat?
- 16 cape cod
- 17 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 18 Is there a way get a specific model of car to rent?
- 19 Lipault luggage durability
- 20 Credit card protection
- 21 Retrieving Voice Mail abroad - Help me
- 22 Husband's 40th Birthday
- 23 Honeymoon in Bali
- 24 Mid September, Canadian Rockies, Portugal, Slovenia, Other?!
- 25 Family trip to the mountains in Fall