I have traveled with companies like Martin Randall, Andante Travel, & ACE, to Italy and Croatia, benefiting from their lecturers who are academics with expertise in art history or archaeology. This has enhanced my travel experience greatly and I’d love to find someone who could provide something similar for an afternoon or two to me and my husband on future travels in Italy (say in Florence, Rome, Venice, Ravenna, Verona, etc). Paris has something like this with Paris Muse (http://www.parismuse.com/) and at Chartres Cathedral, a gentleman who has published guides to the Cathedral and made a life’s work of studying it offers tours (http://www.artagogo.com/commentary/miller/miller.htm).
Does anyone know of an individual or individuals with academic expertise (as opposed to licensed local guides) who might be willing to act as a guide for museums or other sites of local interest in Venice, Florence, Ravenna, Verona, or any other places of special interest to art and history? If not, do you have any ideas on how to learn of such individuals? Thanks very much. Carol
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 주식종목선정 주식종목검색식 n1inve.com
- 2 Wheeled duffle options
- 3 TripIt App?
- 4 Watch Out! There are VRBO.com Fees!
- 5 Money transfer
- 6 Fodor's: Please Stop with the Obnoxious Ads
- 7 Newbie Using Whats App
- 8 Itinerary Planning Apps
- 9 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 10 Best way to find new things to do in new city/country?
- 11 Grad trip: African Safari vs. Europe
- 12 Best time to purchase ticket on British Air
- 13 In search of international vacation ideas with toddler from NYC
- 14 Passport signature
- 15 Need advice! First time to Ireland, 10 day itinerary set
- 16 Switzerland-Paris10 days trip...queries
- 17 St. Louis MO to Yellowstone
- 18 Do you get your expired passport back?
- 19 May or June trip ideas with 2 adult children
- 20 Outdoorsy but with shopping
- 21 Travel ideas near spring break?
- 22 VANCOUVER/ SEATTLE ROAD TRIP
- 23 Barcelona in 4 nights - tips and recommendations needed
- 24 Smallest Backpack you've used
- 25 Mapping tool for multi-mode, multi-destination trip?