I have traveled with companies like Martin Randall, Andante Travel, & ACE, to Italy and Croatia, benefiting from their lecturers who are academics with expertise in art history or archaeology. This has enhanced my travel experience greatly and I’d love to find someone who could provide something similar for an afternoon or two to me and my husband on future travels in Italy (say in Florence, Rome, Venice, Ravenna, Verona, etc). Paris has something like this with Paris Muse (http://www.parismuse.com/) and at Chartres Cathedral, a gentleman who has published guides to the Cathedral and made a life’s work of studying it offers tours (http://www.artagogo.com/commentary/miller/miller.htm).
Does anyone know of an individual or individuals with academic expertise (as opposed to licensed local guides) who might be willing to act as a guide for museums or other sites of local interest in Venice, Florence, Ravenna, Verona, or any other places of special interest to art and history? If not, do you have any ideas on how to learn of such individuals? Thanks very much. Carol
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 マ압구정안마マo1o-2816-2526 압구정안마시술소 윤실장↔A Size
- 2 TravelAgent
- 3 Your Favorite Rain coat?
- 4 Paris city to Orly airport transport
- 5 Bad Experience
- 6 Egypt or Singapore ?
- 7 Business trip in early March
- 8 Mishap and Adventure studying English in Malta
- 9 Looking for clothing recommendations!
- 10 Family of 3-month long trip
- 11 Solo travel France / winter
- 12 What can i do to make Turkish airline to refund my unused tickets
- 13 Christmas warm weather
- 14 B. Hills/Badlands from Denver
- 15 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 16 SiobhanP Back looking for old Friends!
- 17 Detroit to Glacier National Park
- 18 Bruges or Copenhagen?!
- 19 Europe in December with a toddler - need to make plans ASAP
- 20 Want to go Munich
- 21 Rockies, Teton, Yellowstone, Glacier Parks
- 22 Road trip to Utah from CA
- 23 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 24 US (Road or Air) Trip Ideas for December
- 25 Credit Card Travel Protection insurance - did anyone used it?