I am the family trip planner and I am not feeling inspired for this summer. I'm hoping you will give me some ideas of where to start. I know this isn't the most active forum, but please don't just tell me to post on specific area forums.
DH and I are in our sixties and in good health. We are looking for someplace to go this summer -July or beginning of August. We usually take a couple weeks, but are flexible on length of time. However we must go in summer due to job constraints. We are flying from Washington, DC.
Here are some of our interests
Here are some things we are not interested in
going somewhere you have to be dressed up
Here are the places we have gone in the last five years. Really enjoyed all of them except the Caribbean cruise which was just OK. First time on a large cruise ship and its just not our thing.
Spain - Madrid, Seville and Zaragosa
Belgium, Alsace and Paris
Uganda with stopover in Amsterdam
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
We were thinking we'd like someplace other than Western Europe since we've been a few times recently. Originally thought southeast Asia might be a good destination. (We have previously been to China and India.) Unfortunately, it appears summer is the monsoon season. Also considered Australia, but it's their winter. DH suggested Yellowstone National Park, but lodgings in the park book up months in advance. Maybe next summer.
So, what do you suggest? Remember, it must be someplace that isn't booked up months in advance.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Something different for family of 6
- 2 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 3 Amtrak's AutoTrain - yes or no?
- 4 Early trip planning
- 5 Best site for last minute travel packages?
- 6 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 7 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 8 Europe or Asia??? Best Honeymoon destination in February
- 9 Help for my wife's 40th with her best friends
- 10 Where oh where are we going to go?
- 11 Late December, early January travel
- 12 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 13 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 14 Nice, France
- 15 Finding deals based on departure location
- 16 Travel Tips in the Philippines
- 17 St croix or Cancun HELP!
- 18 Turkey - Best Route and Mode of Travel
- 19 First time travel to Italy
- 20 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 21 Around the World - 28 Days!
- 22 THe case for linen
- 23 Wildlife photography courses
- 24 Internet Banking Travel Payments
- 25 Well Needed Getaway
ideas for summer travel that don't need to be planned way in advance