I am the family trip planner and I am not feeling inspired for this summer. I'm hoping you will give me some ideas of where to start. I know this isn't the most active forum, but please don't just tell me to post on specific area forums.
DH and I are in our sixties and in good health. We are looking for someplace to go this summer -July or beginning of August. We usually take a couple weeks, but are flexible on length of time. However we must go in summer due to job constraints. We are flying from Washington, DC.
Here are some of our interests
Here are some things we are not interested in
going somewhere you have to be dressed up
Here are the places we have gone in the last five years. Really enjoyed all of them except the Caribbean cruise which was just OK. First time on a large cruise ship and its just not our thing.
Spain - Madrid, Seville and Zaragosa
Belgium, Alsace and Paris
Uganda with stopover in Amsterdam
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
We were thinking we'd like someplace other than Western Europe since we've been a few times recently. Originally thought southeast Asia might be a good destination. (We have previously been to China and India.) Unfortunately, it appears summer is the monsoon season. Also considered Australia, but it's their winter. DH suggested Yellowstone National Park, but lodgings in the park book up months in advance. Maybe next summer.
So, what do you suggest? Remember, it must be someplace that isn't booked up months in advance.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1:888:482:3831 Password Reset CONTACT ☎ YAHOO TEC*h 24*7
- 2 How to find the best adventure tour
- 3 One month free to travel in February
- 4 If UK visit visa works for Europe too!
- 5 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 6 What to do on long flights?
- 7 How do you like my plan for a gap year?
- 8 Destination suggestion, departing from Vegas and returning to Detroit
- 9 How to travel with only carry on...with a baby
- 10 Feb - a week get away for 2 couples
- 11 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 12 Need Amalfi planning help
- 13 Where to go...April of 2018
- 14 Cautionary tale about ATM use
- 15 Why Access to Services at Home should not affect your next trip
- 16 California Zepher
- 17 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 18 Babymoon w/ toddler Fall Ideas (Zika)
- 19 6 day 5 night Honeymoon from US
- 20 Honeymoon ideas STAT
- 21 Looking for travel filmmakers to collaborate and travel together!
- 22 Airport robbery
- 23 Usefulness of a travel agent ?
- 24 New York City - Suite/Hotel
- 25 California Zepher (train)
ideas for summer travel that don't need to be planned way in advance