I am the family trip planner and I am not feeling inspired for this summer. I'm hoping you will give me some ideas of where to start. I know this isn't the most active forum, but please don't just tell me to post on specific area forums.
DH and I are in our sixties and in good health. We are looking for someplace to go this summer -July or beginning of August. We usually take a couple weeks, but are flexible on length of time. However we must go in summer due to job constraints. We are flying from Washington, DC.
Here are some of our interests
Here are some things we are not interested in
going somewhere you have to be dressed up
Here are the places we have gone in the last five years. Really enjoyed all of them except the Caribbean cruise which was just OK. First time on a large cruise ship and its just not our thing.
Spain - Madrid, Seville and Zaragosa
Belgium, Alsace and Paris
Uganda with stopover in Amsterdam
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
We were thinking we'd like someplace other than Western Europe since we've been a few times recently. Originally thought southeast Asia might be a good destination. (We have previously been to China and India.) Unfortunately, it appears summer is the monsoon season. Also considered Australia, but it's their winter. DH suggested Yellowstone National Park, but lodgings in the park book up months in advance. Maybe next summer.
So, what do you suggest? Remember, it must be someplace that isn't booked up months in advance.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Great Saint Bernard Pass / Lake Geneva / Northern Italy
- 2 to travel or settle down?
- 3 garment travel organizer
- 4 Traveling Solo with 9 month old
- 5 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 6 Newbie Using Whats App
- 7 replace my Nikon d90 by rx100 ?
- 8 Some tips when using Air BnB
- 9 Which type of car ?
- 10 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 11 Cape Town Ideas
- 12 Best Hostels
- 13 European chargers, Garmins & phones
- 14 best travel app (android or Apple)
- 15 Road Trip For Two
- 16 Estes Park to Lexington, KY
- 17 Copper Canyon
- 18 Travel through Expedia
- 19 Autoeurope car location...questions !
- 20 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 21 Round the World
- 22 Misleading third party websites
- 23 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 24 Travel ideas near spring break?
- 25 Looking for nature sights - Driving from Nashville TN - Greenville SC
ideas for summer travel that don't need to be planned way in advance