I am the family trip planner and I am not feeling inspired for this summer. I'm hoping you will give me some ideas of where to start. I know this isn't the most active forum, but please don't just tell me to post on specific area forums.
DH and I are in our sixties and in good health. We are looking for someplace to go this summer -July or beginning of August. We usually take a couple weeks, but are flexible on length of time. However we must go in summer due to job constraints. We are flying from Washington, DC.
Here are some of our interests
Here are some things we are not interested in
going somewhere you have to be dressed up
Here are the places we have gone in the last five years. Really enjoyed all of them except the Caribbean cruise which was just OK. First time on a large cruise ship and its just not our thing.
Spain - Madrid, Seville and Zaragosa
Belgium, Alsace and Paris
Uganda with stopover in Amsterdam
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
We were thinking we'd like someplace other than Western Europe since we've been a few times recently. Originally thought southeast Asia might be a good destination. (We have previously been to China and India.) Unfortunately, it appears summer is the monsoon season. Also considered Australia, but it's their winter. DH suggested Yellowstone National Park, but lodgings in the park book up months in advance. Maybe next summer.
So, what do you suggest? Remember, it must be someplace that isn't booked up months in advance.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 tripadvisor warning
- 2 The "Vacation Problem"
- 3 Baggage Limits
- 4 Tom Harper River Cruise Company?
- 5 Please help me find a phone that will work in France
- 6 First time euro traveler, ideas please!
- 7 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 8 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 9 travel ideas mom with 17 16 yr old sons one likes outdoors the other city
- 10 [liiperi] byliiperi 4 days ago 8 days around Almaty region - How to spend?
- 11 VPN and proxy server recommendations
- 12 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 13 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 14 Why Are B&B's So Overrated?
- 15 Where in the world to go in December by myself for 5 days? Select Cities.
- 16 Where is it that's warm, dry and intellectual?
- 17 30th Birthday Trip Ideas!
- 18 About EHIC card?
- 19 London, Amsterdam, Munich, and Barcelona in 17 days?
- 20 Packing Bottles of Gin in Checked Luggage
- 21 Best adventure/trek holiday ideas
- 22 quiet getaways for older women
- 23 Solo female June traveler looking for trip ideas/advice
- 24 Torn between Trips
- 25 Ohhhh where to go next!
ideas for summer travel that don't need to be planned way in advance