We (my husband, my son (age 16) and myself are looking for ideas for a beach holiday with interesting outing possibilities (e.g. visiting historical or nature sites, towns or cities with markets, clothing shopping, good restaurants) in late Oct. for about 7-10 days. We are based in Europe.
All three of us like beach vacations but we can't sit on the beach everyday and like to go see interesting things in the area. None of us really like areas whose tastes are geared towards mass tourism (esp. not when it comes to the restaurants). Since we are traveling with our 16 yr old, secluded single/honeymoon beaches/hotel resorts don't come in question.
Our budget is also limited to about $4,000.
Places we are thinking about:
Cyprus (con: $$$), somewhere in the Caribbean (con: hurricane season), Crete (con: end of season?), Canary Islands (con: mass tourism?)....
Can anyone help us out with some ideas?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Buy High Quality undetectable counterfeit money ((whatsapp +32465108168))
- 2 20 Insignificant and Attractive Villages in the world 2017
- 3 squaremouth and CSA
- 4 Trip from Lecce, Italy to Pescara, Abruzzo.
- 5 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 6 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 7 suggestions to travel the world for 450 Days
- 8 Why Access to Services at Home should not affect your next trip
- 9 New York City - Suite/Hotel
- 10 Planning your next vacation
- 11 Need Suggestions!!!!!
- 12 Early November Vacation Thoughts?
- 13 Nova Scotia & Cabot Trail
- 14 Anti-pickpocket Tip
- 15 Road trip stops
- 16 Cautionary tale about ATM use
- 17 Travel towel?
- 18 Tips for tour guides on a week or longer trip
- 19 Favorite budget travel items?
- 20 Traveling with refrigerated medications
- 21 Basel - bern - niederwangen
- 22 Buying Russia train tickets
- 23 Exotic Travel Suggestions - May/June 2018
- 24 Travel Around Belgium with Side Trip to Amsterdam
- 25 Ecuador, Panama, or Costa Rica