We (my husband, my son (age 16) and myself are looking for ideas for a beach holiday with interesting outing possibilities (e.g. visiting historical or nature sites, towns or cities with markets, clothing shopping, good restaurants) in late Oct. for about 7-10 days. We are based in Europe.
All three of us like beach vacations but we can't sit on the beach everyday and like to go see interesting things in the area. None of us really like areas whose tastes are geared towards mass tourism (esp. not when it comes to the restaurants). Since we are traveling with our 16 yr old, secluded single/honeymoon beaches/hotel resorts don't come in question.
Our budget is also limited to about $4,000.
Places we are thinking about:
Cyprus (con: $$$), somewhere in the Caribbean (con: hurricane season), Crete (con: end of season?), Canary Islands (con: mass tourism?)....
Can anyone help us out with some ideas?
Ideas for a vacation in late October
- 1 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 2 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 3 europe In January
- 4 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 5 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 6 Where to go on Christmas?
- 7 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 8 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 9 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 10 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 11 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 12 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 13 Holiday Travel Plans
- 14 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 15 Purchasing a flight with someone else's frequent flyer points
- 16 Which Hotel is near to Northern arizona university, Flagstaff
- 17 Help with honeymoon destination
- 18 places to stop and stretch.
- 19 Travel with or without kids ?
- 20 7 days European trip with kids- suggestions needed
- 21 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 22 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 23 Where to Stay in solomon island ?
- 24 Your Best Travel Tips
- 25 Single Senior Citizen travel