We (my husband, my son (age 16) and myself are looking for ideas for a beach holiday with interesting outing possibilities (e.g. visiting historical or nature sites, towns or cities with markets, clothing shopping, good restaurants) in late Oct. for about 7-10 days. We are based in Europe.
All three of us like beach vacations but we can't sit on the beach everyday and like to go see interesting things in the area. None of us really like areas whose tastes are geared towards mass tourism (esp. not when it comes to the restaurants). Since we are traveling with our 16 yr old, secluded single/honeymoon beaches/hotel resorts don't come in question.
Our budget is also limited to about $4,000.
Places we are thinking about:
Cyprus (con: $$$), somewhere in the Caribbean (con: hurricane season), Crete (con: end of season?), Canary Islands (con: mass tourism?)....
Can anyone help us out with some ideas?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Packing for Safari in Kenya
- 2 Honeymoon Destination
- 3 How to find the best adventure tour
- 4 One month free to travel in February
- 5 If UK visit visa works for Europe too!
- 6 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 7 What to do on long flights?
- 8 How do you like my plan for a gap year?
- 9 Destination suggestion, departing from Vegas and returning to Detroit
- 10 How to travel with only carry on...with a baby
- 11 Feb - a week get away for 2 couples
- 12 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 13 Need Amalfi planning help
- 14 Where to go...April of 2018
- 15 Cautionary tale about ATM use
- 16 Why Access to Services at Home should not affect your next trip
- 17 California Zepher
- 18 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 19 Babymoon w/ toddler Fall Ideas (Zika)
- 20 6 day 5 night Honeymoon from US
- 21 Honeymoon ideas STAT
- 22 Looking for travel filmmakers to collaborate and travel together!
- 23 Airport robbery
- 24 Usefulness of a travel agent ?
- 25 New York City - Suite/Hotel