We (my husband, my son (age 16) and myself are looking for ideas for a beach holiday with interesting outing possibilities (e.g. visiting historical or nature sites, towns or cities with markets, clothing shopping, good restaurants) in late Oct. for about 7-10 days. We are based in Europe.
All three of us like beach vacations but we can't sit on the beach everyday and like to go see interesting things in the area. None of us really like areas whose tastes are geared towards mass tourism (esp. not when it comes to the restaurants). Since we are traveling with our 16 yr old, secluded single/honeymoon beaches/hotel resorts don't come in question.
Our budget is also limited to about $4,000.
Places we are thinking about:
Cyprus (con: $$$), somewhere in the Caribbean (con: hurricane season), Crete (con: end of season?), Canary Islands (con: mass tourism?)....
Can anyone help us out with some ideas?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Great Saint Bernard Pass / Lake Geneva / Northern Italy
- 2 to travel or settle down?
- 3 Some tips when using Air BnB
- 4 To drive or fly on an unplanned trip?
- 5 best travel app (android or Apple)
- 6 Which type of car ?
- 7 garment travel organizer
- 8 Traveling Solo with 9 month old
- 9 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 10 Newbie Using Whats App
- 11 replace my Nikon d90 by rx100 ?
- 12 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 13 Cape Town Ideas
- 14 Best Hostels
- 15 European chargers, Garmins & phones
- 16 Road Trip For Two
- 17 Estes Park to Lexington, KY
- 18 Copper Canyon
- 19 Travel through Expedia
- 20 Autoeurope car location...questions !
- 21 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 22 Round the World
- 23 Misleading third party websites
- 24 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 25 Travel ideas near spring break?