We (my husband, my son (age 16) and myself are looking for ideas for a beach holiday with interesting outing possibilities (e.g. visiting historical or nature sites, towns or cities with markets, clothing shopping, good restaurants) in late Oct. for about 7-10 days. We are based in Europe.
All three of us like beach vacations but we can't sit on the beach everyday and like to go see interesting things in the area. None of us really like areas whose tastes are geared towards mass tourism (esp. not when it comes to the restaurants). Since we are traveling with our 16 yr old, secluded single/honeymoon beaches/hotel resorts don't come in question.
Our budget is also limited to about $4,000.
Places we are thinking about:
Cyprus (con: $$$), somewhere in the Caribbean (con: hurricane season), Crete (con: end of season?), Canary Islands (con: mass tourism?)....
Can anyone help us out with some ideas?
Ideas for a vacation in late October
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 2 Discounted luggage websites
- 3 Crossing Borders
- 4 Help? Where to go with an 18 year old boy?
- 5 Need Help: Winter US/Carrib Vacation Ideas
- 6 RDIF Security Bags/Wallets
- 7 Anniversary trip
- 8 Traveling long haul for the first time
- 9 Light weight Luggage
- 10 Carry-on Luggage
- 11 Traveling with a smartphone
- 12 Which place would you like to travel ?
- 13 Transferring on an international flight
- 14 Accessing online banking while in Europe
- 15 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 16 AutoSlash and Hotel Tonight - Your Reviews
- 17 Thanksgiving week trip
- 18 Is there a company or website that compares SIM cards?
- 19 Around the World Ticket/Trips
- 20 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 21 Thrifty OHare parking
- 22 Saving money travelling the world
- 23 Family Holiday in Turkey-with three kids aged 12,10 & 7
- 24 Hitchhiking robot - way cool!
- 25 Anyone Tried US CBP's Mobile Passport Program at ATL?