I find myself newly separated and on my own for my 30th birthday, and I'd like to take a solo trip. Here are the basics:
* I'm based in the San Francisco CA bay area
* I would like to depart on Sunday May 24th and return Saturday May 30th (6 nights, 2 travel days)
* I am interested in domestic and international destinations and have a passport
* I like to be comfortable, so a nice clean hotel with a private bathroom or good camping facilities are important. Cost is not too big an object, but I definitely can't afford a movie star-style trip (max $4k for everything I think, and less expensive is always a plus)
Please share your ideas for this length of trip, time of year, for a solo female traveler. I enjoy all activities, from culture and sightseeing to lounging near the water, as well as light/moderate hiking and kayaking-type outdoorsy activities. My most recent trip was to Cozumel, Mexico in 2007 to lounge at an all-inclusive for a friend's wedding. I also did the high school whirl through Europe (London, Paris, Venice, Rome, Florence, Munich, Lucerne, Innsbruck). I'm happy going it alone or with a group.
Thanks so much in advance - my whole world feels turned upside down, so your responses will be a big help.
Ideas for 5/24-5/30 single female travel
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Obtain, Real/Novelty, passport, passport, id, card, cards
- 2 RDIF Security Bags/Wallets
- 3 Help? Where to go with an 18 year old boy?
- 4 Anniversary trip
- 5 Discounted luggage websites
- 6 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 7 Traveling long haul for the first time
- 8 Light weight Luggage
- 9 Carry-on Luggage
- 10 Traveling with a smartphone
- 11 Which place would you like to travel ?
- 12 Transferring on an international flight
- 13 Need Help: Winter US/Carrib Vacation Ideas
- 14 Accessing online banking while in Europe
- 15 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 16 AutoSlash and Hotel Tonight - Your Reviews
- 17 Thanksgiving week trip
- 18 Is there a company or website that compares SIM cards?
- 19 Around the World Ticket/Trips
- 20 Hotel bidding site recommendations.
- 21 Thrifty OHare parking
- 22 Saving money travelling the world
- 23 Family Holiday in Turkey-with three kids aged 12,10 & 7
- 24 Hitchhiking robot - way cool!
- 25 Anyone Tried US CBP's Mobile Passport Program at ATL?