I find myself newly separated and on my own for my 30th birthday, and I'd like to take a solo trip. Here are the basics:
* I'm based in the San Francisco CA bay area
* I would like to depart on Sunday May 24th and return Saturday May 30th (6 nights, 2 travel days)
* I am interested in domestic and international destinations and have a passport
* I like to be comfortable, so a nice clean hotel with a private bathroom or good camping facilities are important. Cost is not too big an object, but I definitely can't afford a movie star-style trip (max $4k for everything I think, and less expensive is always a plus)
Please share your ideas for this length of trip, time of year, for a solo female traveler. I enjoy all activities, from culture and sightseeing to lounging near the water, as well as light/moderate hiking and kayaking-type outdoorsy activities. My most recent trip was to Cozumel, Mexico in 2007 to lounge at an all-inclusive for a friend's wedding. I also did the high school whirl through Europe (London, Paris, Venice, Rome, Florence, Munich, Lucerne, Innsbruck). I'm happy going it alone or with a group.
Thanks so much in advance - my whole world feels turned upside down, so your responses will be a big help.
Ideas for 5/24-5/30 single female travel
- 1 Using Couchsurfing
- 2 "Hosting in Egyptian Home"
- 3 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 4 Suggestions for Spain & Portugal
- 5 Which Travel Bag
- 6 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 7 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 8 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 9 Your Best Travel Tips
- 10 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 11 europe In January
- 12 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 13 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 14 Where to go on Christmas?
- 15 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 16 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 17 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 18 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 19 Holiday Travel Plans
- 20 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 21 Purchasing a flight with someone else's frequent flyer points
- 22 Which Hotel is near to Northern arizona university, Flagstaff
- 23 Help with honeymoon destination
- 24 places to stop and stretch.
- 25 Travel with or without kids ?