I find myself newly separated and on my own for my 30th birthday, and I'd like to take a solo trip. Here are the basics:
* I'm based in the San Francisco CA bay area
* I would like to depart on Sunday May 24th and return Saturday May 30th (6 nights, 2 travel days)
* I am interested in domestic and international destinations and have a passport
* I like to be comfortable, so a nice clean hotel with a private bathroom or good camping facilities are important. Cost is not too big an object, but I definitely can't afford a movie star-style trip (max $4k for everything I think, and less expensive is always a plus)
Please share your ideas for this length of trip, time of year, for a solo female traveler. I enjoy all activities, from culture and sightseeing to lounging near the water, as well as light/moderate hiking and kayaking-type outdoorsy activities. My most recent trip was to Cozumel, Mexico in 2007 to lounge at an all-inclusive for a friend's wedding. I also did the high school whirl through Europe (London, Paris, Venice, Rome, Florence, Munich, Lucerne, Innsbruck). I'm happy going it alone or with a group.
Thanks so much in advance - my whole world feels turned upside down, so your responses will be a big help.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Late October European Trek Adventure suggestions
- 2 7 Day in Tuscany Villa in Italy?
- 3 Travel Escort idea
- 4 7 days from Madrid to Barcelona
- 5 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 6 New England Fall Foliage
- 7 Driving up the coast from L to San Fran
- 8 Travel on a $2000 Budget
- 9 House/Pet Sitting travel
- 10 regain air ticket cost from travel insurance company
- 11 A week to go somewhere
- 12 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 13 Driving in Ireland
- 14 Nikon Coolpix L830angle camera - alternatives?
- 15 LAX to Dodger Stadium
- 16 Carrying your passport
- 17 Road trip or Train
- 18 Singapore or Disneyland Paris
- 19 Ideal Trip!
- 20 Daughter's Tour to korea
- 21 Inexpensive travel from Gothenburg or Copenhagen
- 22 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 23 Packing advice for fall trip to Europe
- 24 Where to go for short visit?
- 25 Help for my wife's 40th with her best friends