I find myself newly separated and on my own for my 30th birthday, and I'd like to take a solo trip. Here are the basics:
* I'm based in the San Francisco CA bay area
* I would like to depart on Sunday May 24th and return Saturday May 30th (6 nights, 2 travel days)
* I am interested in domestic and international destinations and have a passport
* I like to be comfortable, so a nice clean hotel with a private bathroom or good camping facilities are important. Cost is not too big an object, but I definitely can't afford a movie star-style trip (max $4k for everything I think, and less expensive is always a plus)
Please share your ideas for this length of trip, time of year, for a solo female traveler. I enjoy all activities, from culture and sightseeing to lounging near the water, as well as light/moderate hiking and kayaking-type outdoorsy activities. My most recent trip was to Cozumel, Mexico in 2007 to lounge at an all-inclusive for a friend's wedding. I also did the high school whirl through Europe (London, Paris, Venice, Rome, Florence, Munich, Lucerne, Innsbruck). I'm happy going it alone or with a group.
Thanks so much in advance - my whole world feels turned upside down, so your responses will be a big help.
Ideas for 5/24-5/30 single female travel
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Where to holiday in April? All Inclusive Getaway with guaranteed sunshine!?
- 2 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 3 Finding a House Sitter.
- 4 Road Scholar
- 5 First Solo Trip -- Mid 20's Female --Where to go???
- 6 BEWARE of Grand Circle Travel SCAMS!!!
- 7 Economy Class Seat: Bulkhead Row? (Boeing 777)
- 8 Driving from New York to South Florida and staying over 1 night
- 9 Checklist: What to Do Before You Go
- 10 Your Best Travel Tips
- 11 Useful travel apps
- 12 I need people to do a road trip to USA
- 13 LADIES: FAVORITE UNDER SEAT PERSONAL BAG AND WHAT TO PACK IN IT?
- 14 Base city in England
- 15 Suggestions please
- 16 Credit Card FF Program Retention/Waive Fee
- 17 What's your experience with groupon.com?
- 18 vow renewal
- 19 what size suitcase holds 40 pounds?
- 20 Spain and Morocco in 2 weeks
- 21 Solo Woman traveller ! Yes you TOO can make it.
- 22 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 23 Travel Agent: what to do if their cost is more than your research?
- 24 Do you know Torquay hotel in UK
- 25 Where to go for "Once in a lifetime vacation"?