I find myself newly separated and on my own for my 30th birthday, and I'd like to take a solo trip. Here are the basics:
* I'm based in the San Francisco CA bay area
* I would like to depart on Sunday May 24th and return Saturday May 30th (6 nights, 2 travel days)
* I am interested in domestic and international destinations and have a passport
* I like to be comfortable, so a nice clean hotel with a private bathroom or good camping facilities are important. Cost is not too big an object, but I definitely can't afford a movie star-style trip (max $4k for everything I think, and less expensive is always a plus)
Please share your ideas for this length of trip, time of year, for a solo female traveler. I enjoy all activities, from culture and sightseeing to lounging near the water, as well as light/moderate hiking and kayaking-type outdoorsy activities. My most recent trip was to Cozumel, Mexico in 2007 to lounge at an all-inclusive for a friend's wedding. I also did the high school whirl through Europe (London, Paris, Venice, Rome, Florence, Munich, Lucerne, Innsbruck). I'm happy going it alone or with a group.
Thanks so much in advance - my whole world feels turned upside down, so your responses will be a big help.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Tips for tour guides on a week or longer trip
- 2 Travel towel?
- 3 Train ride from Florida to Alaska
- 4 Do any of you have Away luggage?
- 5 Favorite budget travel items?
- 6 One way to and one way back home?
- 7 Irish Pubs and other Fun Things
- 8 Holiday ideas urgently needed for mother and daughter holiday
- 9 Connection Time for Dulles
- 10 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 11 Ideas for road trip, South Florida up to Charleston, SC
- 12 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 13 Solo travel in Europe as a 18 year old female
- 14 Road trip Houston to Creede Colorado
- 15 9 days trip start from Turin, Italy
- 16 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 17 4hrs layover at miami international airport enough?
- 18 Fliip Key vs VRBO
- 19 Question about USD Value in Other Countrues
- 20 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 21 Budapest to Copenhagen trip ideas
- 22 What is the best Internet Service Provider in Cairo, Egypt?
- 23 How realistic traveling without money actually is?
- 24 TripIt App?
- 25 What to do on long flights?