I find myself newly separated and on my own for my 30th birthday, and I'd like to take a solo trip. Here are the basics:
* I'm based in the San Francisco CA bay area
* I would like to depart on Sunday May 24th and return Saturday May 30th (6 nights, 2 travel days)
* I am interested in domestic and international destinations and have a passport
* I like to be comfortable, so a nice clean hotel with a private bathroom or good camping facilities are important. Cost is not too big an object, but I definitely can't afford a movie star-style trip (max $4k for everything I think, and less expensive is always a plus)
Please share your ideas for this length of trip, time of year, for a solo female traveler. I enjoy all activities, from culture and sightseeing to lounging near the water, as well as light/moderate hiking and kayaking-type outdoorsy activities. My most recent trip was to Cozumel, Mexico in 2007 to lounge at an all-inclusive for a friend's wedding. I also did the high school whirl through Europe (London, Paris, Venice, Rome, Florence, Munich, Lucerne, Innsbruck). I'm happy going it alone or with a group.
Thanks so much in advance - my whole world feels turned upside down, so your responses will be a big help.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 http://www.drhelpnutrition.org/bella-serata-cream/
- 2 Bad Experience
- 3 Paris city to Orly airport transport
- 4 Egypt or Singapore ?
- 5 Business trip in early March
- 6 Mishap and Adventure studying English in Malta
- 7 Looking for clothing recommendations!
- 8 Family of 3-month long trip
- 9 Your Favorite Rain coat?
- 10 Solo travel France / winter
- 11 What can i do to make Turkish airline to refund my unused tickets
- 12 Christmas warm weather
- 13 B. Hills/Badlands from Denver
- 14 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 15 SiobhanP Back looking for old Friends!
- 16 Detroit to Glacier National Park
- 17 Bruges or Copenhagen?!
- 18 Europe in December with a toddler - need to make plans ASAP
- 19 Want to go Munich
- 20 Rockies, Teton, Yellowstone, Glacier Parks
- 21 Road trip to Utah from CA
- 22 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 23 US (Road or Air) Trip Ideas for December
- 24 Credit Card Travel Protection insurance - did anyone used it?
- 25 What makes flying first class worth it?