I find myself newly separated and on my own for my 30th birthday, and I'd like to take a solo trip. Here are the basics:
* I'm based in the San Francisco CA bay area
* I would like to depart on Sunday May 24th and return Saturday May 30th (6 nights, 2 travel days)
* I am interested in domestic and international destinations and have a passport
* I like to be comfortable, so a nice clean hotel with a private bathroom or good camping facilities are important. Cost is not too big an object, but I definitely can't afford a movie star-style trip (max $4k for everything I think, and less expensive is always a plus)
Please share your ideas for this length of trip, time of year, for a solo female traveler. I enjoy all activities, from culture and sightseeing to lounging near the water, as well as light/moderate hiking and kayaking-type outdoorsy activities. My most recent trip was to Cozumel, Mexico in 2007 to lounge at an all-inclusive for a friend's wedding. I also did the high school whirl through Europe (London, Paris, Venice, Rome, Florence, Munich, Lucerne, Innsbruck). I'm happy going it alone or with a group.
Thanks so much in advance - my whole world feels turned upside down, so your responses will be a big help.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 100% Original Genuine iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
- 2 7-10 day trip ideas with kid/teen
- 3 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 4 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 5 Early trip planning
- 6 Something different for family of 6
- 7 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 8 Amtrak's AutoTrain - yes or no?
- 9 Best site for last minute travel packages?
- 10 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 11 Europe or Asia??? Best Honeymoon destination in February
- 12 Help for my wife's 40th with her best friends
- 13 Where oh where are we going to go?
- 14 Late December, early January travel
- 15 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 16 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 17 Nice, France
- 18 Finding deals based on departure location
- 19 Travel Tips in the Philippines
- 20 St croix or Cancun HELP!
- 21 Turkey - Best Route and Mode of Travel
- 22 First time travel to Italy
- 23 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 24 Around the World - 28 Days!
- 25 THe case for linen